Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What/How Did You Practice Today?

null

15 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Well today was, definitely a day of patience during my practice. Let me start with the good.

Well, I felt more comfortable swinging the Qi10 Max today. My fiancé told me last night that it was time to just 🤬 swing it! And so, I did, and saw some better distances for sure. A huge part of my issue has been both "the head is freaking huge" and "what if I mash it and break it during testing". Both equal parts intimidating but, I decided to take her advice. Going to continue taking that advice and let it loose this upcoming weekend some more. Also good, my 52° and 56° were killing the chipping area from everywhere. Name a spot? I chipped it from/to there. The Vokeys I got may be older, but man, what a difference. I am not the hugest believer of clubs making the player but I think my short game should reevaluate that belief a little bit.

The bad well, my irons were just not there today. The new grip position the instructor has me trying, which is standard compared to my previous death grip, hasn't clocked in for work yet. It feels like I am about to lose the club in the back swing and I lose faith in the down swing. Definitely needs work, and more work before the work even really begins. 

yaaay-saturday-night-live.gif.56486333071ea345edd9dab009d094a6.gif

PRO TIP: If your fiancé ends up signing you to a long term contract and you want a chance at reaching the current life expectancy of an American male; “ acquiescing “ to the higher power is a must do….. Good luck and good fortune as you embark on the journey. 

15 hours ago, Arnie C said:

I hit about 200-300 range balls today.  

how long were you at the range?  That’s probably what should be a 5+ hour practice session   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Any thoughts of practice in the out of doors would be quite the challenge today in Denver! This came during the overnight hours and and is forecasted to continue through the day today.

8 PM update. 14+ inches in my part of Denver, Englewood, and still snowing. 10 more hours of Winter Storm Warning to go. 63 degrees forecast for next Wednesday! Ah, life in the mountain west!

IMG_20240314_070519512.jpg

Edited by PCS
Update...

WITB - Callaway Epic Flash woods, 2019 Apex irons, Mizuno T-Zoid wedges, Ping Anser putter

I managed to stick with my "plan" of warming up on the range before my round then "practice" after the round. I was not happy with my putting so hit the putting green, did some "around the hole" putting from about 4 feet and used my putting mirror to make sure my eyes were in the correct position and putter head is square. 

Had a good session, now have to take it to the course today.

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

That’s probably what should be a 5+ hour practice session  

I can typically hit 70 balls in 45 minutes at the range, holding my finish and making adjustments along the way. But 200 balls would still be almost 3 hours (and I would be exhausted well before then), never mind 300.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

11 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I can typically hit 70 balls in 45 minutes at the range, holding my finish and making adjustments along the way. But 200 balls would still be almost 3 hours (and I would be exhausted well before then), never mind 300.

70 in 45 minutes is a pretty quick pace and maybe a little faster than I would do for a most wanted testing session.  But that isn’t practice.   I’ve seen advice of 1 ball per minute.  

here’s the breakdown I’ve seen: 

3 BPM Golfers – aka: Ball Bashers, Range Rats, Rapid Fire Renegades
2 BPM Golfers – aka: Tinkerers, Fiddlers, New Tippers (Golfers that can’t wait for the new issue of Golf Magazine to come out each month so that they can go to the range and try all the new golf tips)
1 BPM Golfers – aka: Players

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Putting... always putting. 

Golf and i have a strange relationship.  I live in New England and my busiest time at work is from Nov-April or early May.   I basically put my clubs in a spare room in mid-late October and that is where they stay until sometime in May when i can think about hitting a ball again.   No weekend simulator sessions, no winter trips to play in warm weather.. i'm just too busy with work and believe me 6 mos. without swinging a club does nothing for my game.

What i HAVE done the last couple of years is work on putting.  A few years ago, I bought myself a PuttOut putting mat and the Perfect Putt gizmo.   I work on my putting about 20-30 minutes almost every night.  I also have a putting mirror but, aside from giving myself the ability to check my eye color repeatedly throughout the practice session, i just don't get it... 🤣

Practice has helped considerably with what was previously some fairly abysmal putting.  I've been doing this for the last 2-3 years with good results.  FAR fewer 3 putts that before.  My speed control is much better and my putting stroke is much more consistent.   It's either practice, or my switching to a Huntington Beach 10.5c (center shaft) putter, right around the same time that has helped.   I'd like to chalk it up to the added practice but maybe a little of both!   Now, if only every putt was 6-7 feet, with no break, i'd be all set!!  😀

Good morning all. I am testing out the True Stroke Putting Trainer for MGS.  The practice thread seemed like an appropriate place to share this. 

I love gadgets so this should be a fun one. Here is a link to the the thread and my intro and testing plan post. 

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

53 minutes ago, cnosil said:

70 in 45 minutes is a pretty quick pace and maybe a little faster than I would do for a most wanted testing session.  But that isn’t practice.   I’ve seen advice of 1 ball per minute.  

2 BPM Golfers – aka: Tinkerers, Fiddlers, New Tippers (Golfers that can’t wait for the new issue of Golf Magazine to come out each month so that they can go to the range and try all the new golf tips)

I suppose that makes me a Tinkerer, but I don't wait for the new issue of Golf!!!

Driver: image.png.f2fe7619b0a04dd4a12ac39783f39b10.png Aerojet LS 10.5 image.png.3c329ee54f4af0d332191de3b277d11b.png Kai Li 60R                              3 wood: default_taylormade-small.jpg.79932727ec2389ce0aa081d30367fb26.jpg M2

Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg.37fc98ff7c0a349b54abfa700e702ccb.jpg Speedblades 4i-PW                                                              Wedge: Cleveland.png.d2fe634fd9a3aaef5fed913a65c8e7dd.png CBX

Sand: Wilson.gif.7c4c0af3500daff148cdd38ec0dbe7ab.gif Wilson Pro Staff                                                                  Putter: default_taylormade-small.jpg.37fc98ff7c0a349b54abfa700e702ccb.jpg Spider

Ball: image.png.3706b1d653d1cf95b7231645d19bf8ad.png Pro shade                                                                                     Cart: image.png.c49446b33f13453112cc2c4ef189d63d.pngQuad XL

"The more I work and practice, the luckier I seem to get.” -Gary Player

“The proper score for a businessman golfer is 90. If he is better than that he is neglecting his business. If he’s worse, he’s neglecting his golf.” -St Andrews Rotary Club Member

Got out yesterday for the first round of the year! 20° in March is unheard of in Ontario. 

Hitting off the tee took a big adjustment from the simulator all Winter but was really happy with my 100 yd wedges. Need to spend more time around the practice green to get my touch back with the putter and short wedges so hoping the warm weather keeps up!

Driver:   Stealth 9* w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
Fairway:  Stealth 3W 15* w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
Irons:   

• P790 2 Iron w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
  • P790 4-6 Iron w/ Project X
  • P770 7-AW XS w/ Project X 

Wedge:   MG3 56* and 60*
Putter:  35" Spider GT Splitback

4 hours ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

PRO TIP: If your fiancé ends up signing you to a long term contract and you want a chance at reaching the current life expectancy of an American male; “ acquiescing “ to the higher power is a must do….. Good luck and good fortune as you embark on the journey. 

I believe in another thread, somebody suggested you write a book. I would 100% read that book and hide it from our female counterparts 🙃

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

We had some good weather last week so was able to get out to the range. 
This week the temp has plummeted and it also snowed so working on that mobility and fluid strength in the gym. (don't want to miss any golf due to an injury that can be avoided with proper prep.)

C-Lau76
TaylorMade Sim2 Max

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

That’s interesting. At the sim range the last practice/warm-up I hit 35-39 balls in about 30 minutes. I suspect I’m fast with my PW at the start and then slow down as I move up toward driver. 

I suppose that makes me a player with online access of Golf Magazine. 🤔

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

I'm a fan of Imagine Golf, and they started a new podcast a few weeks ago that details the host, Malcolm, working remotely with a swing coach toward breaking par within 7 weeks.  Malcolm's needs closely resemble my own, so I'm following along with the program.  Week 1 was all about strengthening the grip (and sticking with it).  I know my lead hand has drifted weaker.  So it was 50 balls a day into the net, just getting used to the feeling of a stronger grip and not worrying about results.  Now onto Week 2, which will be working on a more vertical backswing, and starting to play some target games at the range.

Founder, PutterCup (puttercupgolf.com)

2 minutes ago, berkeleybob said:

That’s interesting. At the sim range the last practice/warm-up I hit 35-39 balls in about 30 minutes. I suspect I’m fast with my PW at the start and then slow down as I move up toward driver. 

I suppose that makes me a player with online access of Golf Magazine. 🤔

I shake my head at those rapid-fire guys and those groups of 3 who try to perform their best impression of Happy Gilmour and shank every shot with no clear intention of improving. 

C-Lau76
TaylorMade Sim2 Max

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

Is it just me or does 1 ball a minute seen pretty quick? I tend maybe like 1 every three minutes or so. Ive notice when im frustrated ill hit balls faster and then my swing goes to junk. So i ten to hit a show, analyze why or how it when the way its did, a practice swing or two, then hit the shot. I think i possibly over assess what the shot was but i have playing partners that are terrible keep in mind but theyll just swing to swing and nvr try fix anything

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse. 

4 minutes ago, PrismFlopper said:

Is it just me or does 1 ball a minute seen pretty quick? I tend maybe like 1 every three minutes or so. Ive notice when im frustrated ill hit balls faster and then my swing goes to junk. So i ten to hit a show, analyze why or how it when the way its did, a practice swing or two, then hit the shot. I think i possibly over assess what the shot was but i have playing partners that are terrible keep in mind but theyll just swing to swing and nvr try fix anything

It could be, the point being dont just rake balls over and hit a large bucket in 30 minutes.  I just found those times online and they could be completely wrong but they illustrate the point.  I think waiting a minute between shots will feel like a long time.; I’m going to have to time myself next time I go to the range.  

😅 well I guess I’m a “Ball Basher, Range Rat, Rapid Fire Renegade” (personally prefer rapid fire renegade) but I just started a stopwatch and went through the motions of hitting three balls… and it was all under a minute.

I’m trying to change, I swear 😂… I just tend to move through things quickly 

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Played 9-holes at Pinecrest (RI) today, shooting a 9-over 44. One of my goals for this season was to "break 90" (or 45 for 9) on this course which, although fairly short is tight and has tough green complexes with great greens (a 9-holer of 2,600 yards, rating/ slope of 66.2/123), because last season I was having trouble breaking 50. I guess I'll have to set a new goal, LOL. 

Despite hitting some not so good shots today, I never followed up a bad shot with a stupid one and my short game and putting were generally OK. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

Day 61 (14 Mar 24) - Played RiverBend with my son today.  We started as twosome, but pace was so slow the twosome ahead of us offered for us to partner up for a foursome.  Had a blast as it was hit, wait, wait, wait some more and then hit again.  Overall it was a so-so round in terms of play, but can definitely see improvement with the overall ball striking with the irons.  

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

8 hours ago, KidWiff said:

I work on my putting about 20-30 minutes almost every night.  I also have a putting mirror but, aside from giving myself the ability to check my eye color repeatedly throughout the practice session, i just don't get it... 🤣

1. that's awesome!

2. In theory, you check to see that your dominant (or for some people front) eye is directly over the ball (and not outside of it) .. plus you can (also in theory 😄) check if your shoulders are square with all the lines on the mirror vs open or closed.

Anyway keep at it .. constant putting practice like that will give you a huge payoff on the course 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

OK so umm was supposed to have this indoor *GOLF* clinic (week #3 of 5) tonight and received this message earlier today...

20240314_184159.jpg.d436cf66b2a9c11b9492bfe2a8f7aed8.jpg

Uhhh yeah .. these translation /  speech to text online services still need some further refining... 🤦‍♂️

oh PS: msg was from X (ex, the letter EX) Golf in Commack 😆

Edited by cksurfdude

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Tell me more about these clinics. Are they coed?

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

21 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

2. In theory, you check to see that your dominant (or for some people front) eye is directly over the ball (and not outside of it) .. plus you can (also in theory 😄) check if your shoulders are square with all the lines on the mirror vs open or closed.

I would agree those are theories/choices.  I'd say the mirror is about checking consistency of setup which includes eye position and shoulder alignment.

32 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I would agree those are theories/choices.  I'd say the mirror is about checking consistency of setup which includes eye position and shoulder alignment.

and I like mine to make sure the face of the club is square to the target. as well as setup, eye position and shoulder alignement, it is a multi faceted tool and I really like it

committed to performance excellence

40 minutes ago, Preeway said:

Tell me more about these clinics. Are they coed?

Should be 😝

But there's me, 3 other just as old guys and two younger dudes. So not too exciting.... 🤷‍♂️

(..but do NOT tell my wife .. there's a pretty cute bartender there)

----

Separately:

@Preeway your vids in your swing journey thread are really good! You demonstrated - to my eye - things that I'm struggling to achieve, including .. nice upright posture, good pressure shift targetward before transition, extended arms into impact, nice rotation through, etc etc.

Keep working!!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

21 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Should be 😝

But there's me, 3 other just as old guys and two younger dudes. So not too exciting.... 🤷‍♂️

(..but do NOT tell my wife .. there's a pretty cute bartender there)

----

Separately:

@Preeway your vids in your swing journey thread are really good! You demonstrated - to my eye - things that I'm struggling to achieve, including .. nice upright posture, good pressure shift targetward before transition, extended arms into impact, nice rotation through, etc etc.

Keep working!!!

Thanks for that. A lot of work left but I feel like I’m making some decent progress. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Good afternoon at the range, took some advice I saw on here yesterday and slowed down. I stuck to 1 ball per minute at the quickest, and focused on adjusting after each shot if it went poorly. Also stayed away from the driver until the very very end. Feeling good going into my first round of the year tomorrow 

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

Storms rolling through Indiana this afternoon and evening, so after work I hit the 'sim range' (four launch monitor bays with a huge impact screen far enough in front you can see the initial flight of the balls- photo from the facility FB page is below). I did some Flight Scope skills challenges- targets at varying distances. Mostly wedge and iron challenges and finished with 5 targets from 50yds to 275yds, 5 shots at each and random order. Just discovered Flightscope Skills app and started doing these when I can't get outside. Good, tough, challenges and should help my game if the distances translate to on-course. Definitely helps embed clock drill for wedges.

The weather tomorrow is meant to be pretty crappy too, so I'll be back there in the afternoon, but on one of the full sim bays to do more FS Skills challenges and play a virtual round.

image.png.1fa52e7e9510a866f2f9c88ab62798f5.png

Edited by Indy_Oz
Typos

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

11 hours ago, ILMgolfnut said:

That’s not practice. That’s what is commonly referred to as bearing balls.

45 balls should be somewhere between 60-90 mins

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1