Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

GOLFTEC Continues Expansion Plans

GolfSpy Barbajo

From the Inbox....

GOLFTEC continues to grow. We posted this piece in the Main Blog a couple of weeks ago about GOLFTEC's new, expanded club-fitting program, and now GOLFTEC is announcing 30 new locations around the country. Since GolfSmith went under they've had to find new homes for the co-located stores. At the same time GOLFTEC has decided to update the logo and branding and modernize their look. 

unnamed-2.jpg

GOLFTEC Drives Continued Expansion and Innovation with Brand Refresh, New Club-fitting Program and Advanced Technology to further enhance Student Experience

More Than 30 Stand-alone GOLFTEC Centers Slated to Open in First Half of 2017

(Englewood, Colo) – GOLFTEC â€“ the world leader in golf lessons, and top employer of PGA Professionals – continues to display its commitment to innovation and providing the best possible experience for students with the unveiling of a vibrant new in-center design scheme, updated logo, enhanced club-fitting program and advanced in-bay teaching technology.

These significant changes are being rolled out in more than 30 new stand-alone locations opening during the first half of 2017 and phased-in across the entire network of more than 190 centers in five countries throughout 2017 and 2018.

“Our growth trajectory is unmatched in the industry because we've always stayed true to our mission to help people play better golf. We took our recent success as an opportunity to move even further ahead and we're not slowing down,” said Joe Assell, Co-Founder and CEO of GOLFTEC. “Students and Coaches alike will benefit from the feel and function of our fresh in-center design and the heightened golf experiences we are now able to offer.”

New elements and technology within centers and training bays include:

• Brand Refresh & Updated Logo – GOLFTEC's position as the global leader in golf instruction and club-fitting is reflected in a modern and sleek new logo. As part of the brand refresh initiative, GOLFTEC's center signage, website, Player Performance Center, GOLFTEC TO GO mobile app, advertising, marketing materials and social media presence will incorporate the new aesthetic.
  • New In-Center Design – The fresh design creates a dynamic and holistic golf experience through an inviting and inspiring atmosphere. All new locations are tailored for total golf immersion and provide students with new amenities, game improvement products and services, an extensive digital experience and comfortable furniture in common areas. 
  • Enhanced Club-fitting – An increased focus on component club-fitting, selection and options, ensures students get dialed in to the best equipment for their unique games. The TECFIT® custom club-fitting program now offers an extensive array of component club head/shaft combinations in addition to leading-edge technology and software that combines swing characteristics with ball flight data to help properly identify the optimal equipment for each student. 
  • New In-bay Technology – All new, state-of-the-art cameras and lighting provide enhanced high-resolution video for both in-bay playback during lessons and online viewing post-session. These cameras are custom-made for GOLFTEC and integrate with the company's updated and proprietary motion-measurement TECSWING system used in the millions of lessons taught to date. 

The first GOLFTEC sites to showcase the new design are now open and shown below. All upcoming center openings will feature the new interior, including international locations, while current centers will be retrofitted over an extended, multi-year schedule. The enhanced club-fitting program and technology upgrades will be phased-in across the network of existing center locations throughout 2017 and 2018.
New centers recently opened include:

This April marks the company's 22nd anniversary. Over more than two decades GOLFTEC has posted unrivaled category growth, including a 98% increase in revenue since 2010. The largest driver of new business comes from referrals by current students who boast a 
96 percent success rate and drop an average of seven strokes from their scorecard. GOLFTEC expects to teach nearly 1 million lessons in 2017.

The renowned, global GOLFTEC coaching team is comprised of experienced professionals, most of whom are PGA professionals and have taught thousands of lessons. Each goes through a rigorous multi-week certification at GOLFTEC University including continued advanced training to master the analysis of golf swing mechanics, the technology utilized by GOLFTEC and the most productive teaching techniques. Committed to strengthening the industry and hiring only the best staff, GOLFTEC is the largest employer of PGA Professionals in the world.

To learn more about GOLFTEC, please visit 
www.golftec.com or call 877-446-5383.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I've been wondering what the closest place to go for a good fitting is for me(Jackson MS). I noticed that these had popped up in Birmingham, Baton Rouge and NOLA . Might be worth a drive one of these days.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

There's one right near a golf galaxy both of which are about 30 minutes away from me. Weren't golftec in golf galaxy stores at one point? Can't quite remember.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Really I am surprised they have not opened one up here yet. But then again the golf business is funny here. I do not think any of the locals would use it though.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I've been wondering what the closest place to go for a good fitting is for me(Jackson MS). I noticed that these had popped up in Birmingham, Baton Rouge and NOLA . Might be worth a drive one of these days.

Well it would be something to do and a darn good excuse to eat some good Cajun Crawfish and Shrimp---- You know since you made the drive down---- Ain't no one on this beach knows how to properly boil crawfish cajun style--They THINK they know

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

The fitting aspect is the last part I think golftec is missing. The PGA pros I know that work there are very knowledgeable about the game and swing so having them being able to fit students whom they work with will be great.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

There's one right near a golf galaxy both of which are about 30 minutes away from me. Weren't golftec in golf galaxy stores at one point? Can't quite remember.

MDGolfHacker

Did you notice the Ellicott City location. I drove by it the other day. Can't get much more convenient for me.

They were in GolfSmith stores. I don't believe they were ever part of GolfGalaxy. But I could be wrong.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Did you notice the Ellicott City location. I drove by it the other day. Can't get much more convenient for me.

They were in GolfSmith stores. I don't believe they were ever part of GolfGalaxy. But I could be wrong.

I don't remember them being inside golf galaxy stores either but when the Golfsmith in OKC got shut down they moved the golf galaxy from across the street and into our old Golfsmith location. Galaxy let them stay in the store and even upgraded their bay a little bit.  Kind of cool. I have never been to GolfTec for a lesson are they worth a look?

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Well it would be something to do and a darn good excuse to eat some good Cajun Crawfish and Shrimp---- You know since you made the drive down---- Ain't no one on this beach knows how to properly boil crawfish cajun style--They THINK they know

If I go to LA I will definitely be stopping somewhere local to eat while there. I doubt I'd get crawfish though because 90% of the crawfish places around Jackson have damn good crawfish. Most are coon@sses that own it or have recipes from relatives and it pays off. MS is a bit of a weird state for food because we have such a good mix from the surrounding states. (Also a contributing factor to why we are one of the fatest states lol)

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I don't remember them being inside golf galaxy stores either but when the Golfsmith in OKC got shut down they moved the golf galaxy from across the street and into our old Golfsmith location. Galaxy let them stay in the store and even upgraded their bay a little bit.  Kind of cool. I have never been to GolfTec for a lesson are they worth a look?

I haven't ever looked into them closely. But I will be checking out this new store about 4 miles from me. I have heard they can be pricey.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I went to the golftec link in the article and just looked, for curiosity, if there was one near us and saw the one in Ellicott city. I've never seen the store in person. That's right.. I was just in the golfsmith store in Altamonte Springs, FL. They hadn't switched the sign over even though there were already a GG and they had a Golftec in the back. That's why I was confused.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

The fitting aspect is the last part I think golftec is missing. The PGA pros I know that work there are very knowledgeable about the game and swing so having them being able to fit students whom they work with will be great.

This is what keeps me from going there. I have one 10 miles from me and I have never heard one good thing about it from anyone. Maybe it's just the one in my area?

Archived