Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

US Open

Shankster

My sound is off so that helps. I'm watching the feature group coverage. Does anyone else notice the lack of any crowd at all? Anyone know what that is all about?

after i heard about ticks in the fescue, I wouldn't want to go walk around near it either  :o  :o

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chambers was cool, very similar. They are doing an ok job. I'm still stuck on the announcers being a little bland. The course is going to provide an eventful weekend. There is still something missing to make it more TV friendly.

- Alan

Yeah, when I do listen to the commentary, I'm not very drawn in, but usually I'm too occupied by my son's toy cars/trucks being run along my laminate flooring haha

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

after i heard about ticks in the fescue, I wouldn't want to go walk around near it either :o :o

Agreed... Ken keeps rolling around in it for the Brownie Points segments. I wonder which member of the production crew is responsible for checking his nether regions for ticks?

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Ticks are bad where I live. If we go for a hike or hang out in the yard for more than a few minutes it's a mandatory tick check here. My dog had one on her and it dang near killed her. Same with a buddy of mines dog. Nasty little sons of b's!

Saw the post round interview with Marc Leishman.  He was wearing a Ben Hogan Performance golf shirt.  Is he playing BHG clubs?  Or is there some other Ben Hogan golf sponsor?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Uuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh!!!!! I have both Paul Casey and Fowler for the Yahoo Golf picks, but I had DJ and Spieth in for the first round! Uuuuuuggggghhhhj!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Since I cut the cable cord I've lost sense of all time and missed the first round

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Late to the party...

But yes, just like Jmike, we got the exact same fescue on our home course... waist high, hit a ball in there and might as well play a new one.

When it comes to fescue, trees, vegetation... it gets pretty restrictive here, since they are all under some kind of environmental protection.

I didn't perceive Na's video as whining, it was more like "inside the ropes" sharing.

And agree with Fox Sports, watched it once and never again. So glad we have Sky Sports here.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I streamed in on my computer at work so I missed the commentary. I did tell you guys that I didn't think the length would bother the pros. Happily the commentary didn't bother me because I watched with no sound! :)

We don't have fescue in my part of Florida - many of the better courses that I played in Wisconsin had it - yuck - even if you find your ball it's tough getting it out and back into play.

I don't ever recall hitting a good shot out of deep fescue- ever. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It isn't playing near as long as I thought it would. I can navigate 7600 yards. I'll just have a few longer irons from the fairway. Because I would only hit irons or maybe 2 Hybrid from the tees. Wouldn't want to get a tick.

I could get to gir on the 600+ holes. 3 iron, 3 iron, 5 iron. Can't wait to play there sometime. Course looks fun. I'd play whatever they have at the 6800-7200 yard tees though. No sense in beating myself up.

Ticks are bad where I live. If we go for a hike or hang out in the yard for more than a few minutes it's a mandatory tick check here. My dog had one on her and it dang near killed her. Same with a buddy of mines dog. Nasty little sons of b's!

Have you tried the homemade tick spray, its like listerine, water and something, I saw it on the news. My parents actually made a ton and gave it to me, I have been using it and had good luck. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Have you tried the homemade tick spray, its like listerine, water and something, I saw it on the news. My parents actually made a ton and gave it to me, I have been using it and had good luck.

Wife made some sort of concoction. But I'll let her know about that one. Thanks.

- Alan

I could get to gir on the 600+ holes. 3 iron, 3 iron, 5 iron. Can't wait to play there sometime. Course looks fun. I'd play whatever they have at the 6800-7200 yard tees though. No sense in beating myself up.

Even if you wanted to play the pro tees, they likely won't let you. When we went to Pinehurst #2 they let you look at where the pros play, but the back tees is where you play, it was around 7000 yards, really tough golf.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Listerine gets all sticky when dried out. That must be uncomfortable!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Back to the golf, there is some really good golf being played by some lesser known golfers. I expect some of them to fall away come the weekend, but there are some really nice swings in this years open. I still believe it will be a we'll known person that wins, there is a lot of golf left, but the cream will come to the top come Saturday night, but in the mean time, I will enjoy watching some of the future stars play, and who knows, maybe one of them will keep their nerves in check and pull it off.

Back to the golf, there is some really good golf being played by some lesser known golfers. I expect some of them to fall away come the weekend, but there are some really nice swings in this years open. I still believe it will be a we'll known person that wins, there is a lot of golf left, but the cream will come to the top come Saturday night, but in the mean time, I will enjoy watching some of the future stars play, and who knows, maybe one of them will keep their nerves in check and pull it off.

Good point!  Some ams doing really well out there so far.

On the other side I cannot believe how poorly some of the pros are playing.

Rory's been in a funk all year so that's not surprising but Jason Day.... WHAT. THE. ???.  He was soooo good last year.  Feel terrible about his mom and her condition but it's like he forgot how to play golf.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Good point! Some ams doing really well out there so far.

On the other side I cannot believe how poorly some of the pros are playing.

Rory's been in a funk all year so that's not surprising but Jason Day.... WHAT. THE. ???. He was soooo good last year. Feel terrible about his mom and her condition but it's like he forgot how to play golf.

He has not practiced much because of his mom getting sick and you can tell. I get it family comes first but he looks like he never won before.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We expect every guy on tour that wins to play that good all the time... Tiger ruined that for us with his reign of terror. There are sooo many good golfers out there, even in non majors... some of these guys amaze me even making a top 10.

No way anyone can play their best golf every week. The multiple winner guys get very fortunate I think. Catching the "on" guys on off weeks and what not.

What I'm seeing so far is that if you hit good shots you're rewarded and if you stray you are dead.

Sergio just knocked it on a 670 yard hole in 2.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Before Rickie starts his round today, what do you see him doing?   While he may not duplicate yesterday's play, since its a Friday round, I think he will remain near the top, if he doesn't remain on top.   Based on his previous performances this year, his problem are the weekend rounds.  On Sunday, if he is in one of the last groups, especially if he is in the last group, I have my concerns for him.    But I am still pulling for him to get the Major monkey off his back.

If you look at the big names though, the guys that are typically the better more consistent ball strikers year in and year out, are the ones that are in contention, there are some in this catagory who just didn't bring their game this week, but for he lost part they guys that strike it solid are hanging around, it's their short games that typically hurt them, i.e. Sergio, JR. I expect some of these good story guys to waver come the weekend. S.w. Kim looks to be playing well again, I'll still pull for the short straight hitter who has a really good short game, who also is a Lefty, Harman.

While I continue to pull for Rickie, win or lose this or any other major--he lives the good life.   He's dating Allison Stokke.

www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/fowler-hangs-pole-vaulter-fitness-model-allison-stokke/

Fox's coverage is once again pitiful, there's 80 golfers or more on the course and they only show a handful of players, I do t want to see these players walk from one hole to the next, and then watch them talk with their caddies for 3 minutes. Show golf shots from many players it's that simple.

Its all about timing, tempo, and the rest for these guys. When the nerves go the timing is the first to go too.  Matsuyama is todays proof of that, especailly with his stall at the top. Back in sync and throwing lazers so far.

Add in the fact that this place is huge and no wind. The freedom to hit the Driver is showing across the board and there is some good play out there for sure. And then theres Rahm and others who cant find it this week.

Big greens even with alot of fall offs and false fronts.

The only thing special about this open so far is its length. And we tend to assign the difficulty of that where as the 500yd par 4 is playing under. This course with these conditions so far might just be the best exhibition of how far, and as well as how accurate, these guys can hit it that Ive ever seen.

Archived