Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MY NEAR MISS WITH A TWIST

bmaru99

Okay, let me start by saying this is a long story that just happened within the past hour or two. Buckle up, it was almost a bumpy ride (haha kinda pun intended you'll understand later). So, let me start by saying I am doing my internship at the University of Windsor for Financial Accounting and Budgeting. My mom will usually drive me to work as I work very close to her and it's just easiest to carpool, especially since I am in between cars right now. Well, this weekend my mom, dad and brother all went to Indiana for my brothers baseball tournament. This was cool because I get to be home alone and am also using my mom's car which isn't too bad (Jeep Cherokee hemi engine fully loaded.) When I arrived at work this morning, I had no idea where to park since I know you need a parking pass to park anywhere on campus and I don't have one, so I elected to park in a business' parking lot where my friend says he always parks for FREE. As a matter of fact, he works at the University too and was also parked in that parking lot today. Now, here is where it all started:

I normally take my lunch at 12:30 ending at 1:30. Today, I had ordered burgers for both of us at a near by restaurant to be ready when we got there around 12:40. Since I had parked pretty far away I decided to leave for lunch at 12:15 as my boss doesn't really even care since I'm just an intern. So, i get to about 100m from the parking lot and i see TWO tow trucks and I know that's not good because I know why they are there. I swear when I saw this I was running faster that Usain Bolt could have ever imagined. I get to the man who is literally in the middle of picking my car up and explain how I am a student and never knew I couldn't park there. He says fine but he wanted 30$ to take the car back down. I thought to myself, "You know what, that's completely reasonable considering it would cost 300 if i let him take it and SPRINTED to the nearest Subway. There, I found a coworker who works in a department near me in which I have never met before nor she has me. I explained I work at the University too as I begged for 30$  as an ATM as no where to be found. Bless this lady's kind soul for doing this for me but she went on a limb and trusted me with 30$ as I guaranteed I would get her 30$ back today. Problem solved, right?

Wrong. Remember I said there was TWO tow rucks in the area. Remember how I also said I left early for lunch. Well, my buddy who told me to park in that lot, didn't leave early so they already had his car gone by the time I got back with the  money. So whatever, I get my mom's car back and I am the one driving to lunch so I go to pick him up from our agreed meetup spot. I did not know what to say. Since I had called in about the burgers and they took my name and number I didn't want to just no show. So i opted not to tell him that i  saw his car as it got taken away. I knew it was already gone and i don't know if it was a mistake to not tell him but that was my dilemma since I got mine back and he didn't. Anyways, we went to lunch and it was awkward the whole time since i was still kind of in shock from all this that has happened. I went all lunch and did not say one word to him about it. (COMMENT IF AND WHY YOU WOULD HAVE TOLD HIM IF YOU BELIEVE SO)

Now that lunch is done and he is back at his office I grab a parking spot in which I am allowed to park but is a solid 20-25 minute walk away from my office. (My dad is the captain of a fire station so  i luckily can park there.) Now, the time is 1:23 and I have to be back at the office by 1:30 or my boss will know for sure. This is the only time I thank the fact that I used to run long distance for track and cross country because man oh man did i ever BOOK IT. It is 32 degrees and sunny right now and somehow I managed to just get back at 1:30, absolutely drenched in sweat. Right when i get back, i go take 30$ out of the Atm and pay back the lady from subway as i had promised. Now i am back at the office sitting at my desk sweating and feeling guilty and almost feel like i should have told him. Please let me know if you feel i should have told him and why

Thank you MGS forum for being a place I can vent about this story because I needed to put it somewhere.

Edited by bmaru99

WITB 2019

Driver: :taylormade-small:Taylormade M2 8.5 w/ Xstiff Aldila RIP Beta shaft

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

4-PW: :taylormade-small:Taylormade PSI iron w/ KBS C-taper stiff iron shafts

52 degree: :cleveland-small:Cleveland RTX 3

56 degree: :callaway-small:Callaway Mac Daddy 4

60 degree-::taylormade-small:Taylormade milled grind

Putter: :cameron-small:Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5

Ball::titelist-small:ProV1x

Personally, I would want to find out earlier so I could plan rather than finding out when I got to my missing car. 

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

What an adventure?! It's not your fault his car got towed but you should have told him in my opinion. I would want to know if my car was towed - the sooner the better. If the tables were turned, what would your preference be? These decisions are always easier later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I would have told the other guy his car was towed. As was mentioned, if it were me, I'd rather know sooner rather than later.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, golfertrb said:

What an adventure?! It's not your fault his car got towed but you should have told him in my opinion. I would want to know if my car was towed - the sooner the better. If the tables were turned, what would your preference be? These decisions are always easier later emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would probably want to know. The only thing is I pre-ordered our lunch and the u had my info so I didn't wanna just ditch our food.

WITB 2019

Driver: :taylormade-small:Taylormade M2 8.5 w/ Xstiff Aldila RIP Beta shaft

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

4-PW: :taylormade-small:Taylormade PSI iron w/ KBS C-taper stiff iron shafts

52 degree: :cleveland-small:Cleveland RTX 3

56 degree: :callaway-small:Callaway Mac Daddy 4

60 degree-::taylormade-small:Taylormade milled grind

Putter: :cameron-small:Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5

Ball::titelist-small:ProV1x