Thin2win

2020 PacNW MGS Championships

Where to golf 2020?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Spokane again for Circling Raven, Coeur d'alene and Qualchan or off to Boise for something new?

• Boise
    • Spokane
    • Bend
    • Lake Chelan

Hey PacNW golfers:

@fixyurdivot@Canucklehead @Kenny B @MmmmmmBuddy @Har in the Hat @Reesedw @PING Apologist #9 @No3PuttLaLa @Jbmullin @Tomcat @jayjay0808 @DPattGolf @Joyzee10 @jadams505 @Mike McDonald @pulledabill @CouveGolfer @CarlH @MarkCrose @Drumdog @Rittern @TheSandwedgeChef @Justin T. @BoomerGolfAnon @Michael M. @Hecaviator @dlow206

The 2019 event was fun in Spokane and I am up for doing it again. I know we had people from Calgary, Montana and from Bellingham, so it worked out to be fairly central. But, if we wanted to do Bend or Boise for a change of pace I could easily be convinced of that too. Another option would be Lake Chelan in Central WA, it would be Bear Mountain, Dessert Canyon and Gamble Sands. 

Last year we did mid July, I wouldn't mind going for a little earlier this year, the sun can be a laser beam at those locals in July.  I don't know how Harry played in long sleeves...

Anyway, I tagged a lot of you that I know are in the area, if I missed someone that you are aware of, kick this at them. Really, this is to see who is interested and where the group wants to go this year. 

Happy New Year to you all. 

I guess it all depends on where people are from that want to come.  I'm willing to go to any location since I'm fairly central to all of them.  I've played all the courses in Spokane area, and I've played all of them around Lake Chelan.  I go to Bend most every year, but I have many courses that I haven't played yet.  I have not played in Boise, but since most Spys will likely be west of the Cascades, traveling to Boise might not be the best choice.

The hardest part of this trip will be getting people to commit to the trip and agree on dates.  We all seem to have a lot going on different weekends.

I would love to make it, but I work weekends so it probably won't happen for me.  My days off are Wed/Thr so it might work out possibly for a couple rounds depending.  I do have vacation end of June.  I would be willing to drive 8-10 hours to play.  What is the cost to play some of these courses people have on their minds?

Chris, I voted Boise but Spokane would be my second choice (which seems the best midpoint for most).  Wouldn't mind a second crack at the KP trophy on that up the mountain, where's the flag, #17 par 3 at Meadow Wood 😉.

45 minutes ago, pulledabill said:

What is the cost to play some of these courses people have on their minds?

The Spokane courses were very reasonable and good value considering quality.  Kalispell CC eats up a $140 bill but it's gorgeous and definitely worth it IMHO.  I played Banbury GC (Boise) last summer and it was $50.  Excellent value and a fun, challenging track.  I haven't heard much from Rob on the forum of late and sure hope he can join us.  He lives just outside of Boise and has the scoop on courses there but pretty sure they're all well under $100. 

• Like 1

Being on the southern end of the spectrum, I'm liking Bend 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CarlH said:

Being on the southern end of the spectrum, I'm liking Bend 🙂

I was in bend for the first time last month, got there two days after that big snow storm... Not enough snow to ski, but too much to golf or bike. But it was a pretty area. 

We will see if anyone else ways in over the next few days. But Boise is the leader in the clubhouse. There looks to be a ton of options there. 

I'm looking at June 18-21 as a good option for me, how would that work for you all? 

8 hours ago, Thin2win said:

We will see if anyone else ways in over the next few days. But Boise is the leader in the clubhouse. There looks to be a ton of options there. 

I'm looking at June 18-21 as a good option for me, how would that work for you all? 

I can make those dates.  Also, Boise and Spokane are the same for me distance wise, so depending on who we end up with I'm fine with either location. Thanks for heading this up Chris!  

Obviously as a resident of Bend I would be all for it here!

Wish I could have made it last year. Looked like a blast

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

21 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

Obviously as a resident of Bend I would be all for it here!

Wish I could have made it last year. Looked like a blast

Prices in Bend are high in June.  However, I love the area.  I usually go in late April, but if the group wants to go then, I'll postpone my trip.

I'm not ignoring this, I was hoping that some more people would weigh in, especially those that participated last year. I am open to Bend as well.

@fixyurdivot bend is a significant haul for you, what are your thoughts on it? Based on @Kenny B's note above, I could do a Bend trip in April. if @DPattGolf can coordinate some discounted rounds someplace I could be even more convinced. 

There rest of you PNW golfers, chime in! lol. 😅

• Like 1

I'm in for a Bend excursion.  There are just so many options, and none of them are bad...  Juniper in Redmond is great. Crooked River Ranch is fun,  Pronghorn, Brasada Ranch, Tetherow, Eagle Crest, Broken Top, Bend CC,  Crosswater.... the list goes on and on and on and on...  

summer is obviously the busy season for me, but if the days work right, I should be able to sneak over for a few rounds..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thin2win said:

I'm not ignoring this, I was hoping that some more people would weigh in, especially those that participated last year. I am open to Bend as well.

@fixyurdivot bend is a significant haul for you, what are your thoughts on it? Based on @Kenny B's note above, I could do a Bend trip in April. if @DPattGolf can coordinate some discounted rounds someplace I could be even more convinced. 

There rest of you PNW golfers, chime in! lol. 😅

Bend is a long haul for me.  Lodging costs there tend to run pretty high as well.  Not out of the question, just not my top pick.  We've not heard from Harry (@Har in the Hat) lately and, presuming he plans to attend, that's quite a drive for him.  Also, an April event may be an issue if my cross-country trip to The World Golf Hall of Fame and RTJ Trail courses pans out... both my driver and my driving ass will be well worn 🙂.