Our Sponsors

Just wondering when the next Most Wanted testing will take place that will include the Mizuno JPX-921 & TaylorMade P770 ?

Titleist fairway wood

Titleist 22° Hybrid

Mizuno MX-25 5-PW

Cleveland 56°

Oddysey putter

Looking for a complete new bag

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they make the 921 Tours in LH, I will sell my first born for a set. He's had a good two, almost three year run here at the house...he's gently used...mint condition. 

The 919's were SO Good, I just couldn't keep all the goodness to myself, that's the only reason I sold them 😞  Already talked to rep about a 921 order, so I'll be able to compare and share the in

Posted Images

Just wondering when the next Most Wanted testing will take place that will include the Mizuno JPX-921 & TaylorMade P770 ?

Players irons testing is going on right now and those clubs are in the test.
  • Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Players irons testing is going on right now and those clubs are in the test.

Glad to hear it, I know releases from this time sometimes don't make it in so glad these will be in there and look forward to the results.

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

2 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Glad to hear it, I know releases from this time sometimes don't make it in so glad these will be in there and look forward to the results.

Yeah, i guess thats one thing we can thank COVID for 😡.  Normally they would have done this category by now.  

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, i guess thats one thing we can thank COVID for 😡.  Normally they would have done this category by now.  

One of the few upsides, that an I currently get to skip my hour long one way commute which I have enjoyed.

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

Right Handed

11 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

One of the few upsides, that an I currently get to skip my hour long one way commute which I have enjoyed.

While I've been doing my normal drive to the course each day since early May, my Fiance is in much the same situation as you, her commute is 45 minutes in stop and go traffic each way.  She works in the IT area of a school system and have been working at home since March 25th, I think.  She has driven maybe a total of 100 miles since March, basically a once a week trip to the grocery store that is 2 miles down the road, and a maybe a few other errands on a Saturday just to get out.    She has gotten numerous reminders from her service company that her car is past due for an oil change 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

While I've been doing my normal drive to the course each day since early May, my Fiance is in much the same situation as you, her commute is 45 minutes in stop and go traffic each way.  She works in the IT area of a school system and have been working at home since March 25th, I think.  She has driven maybe a total of 100 miles since March, basically a once a week trip to the grocery store that is 2 miles down the road, and a maybe a few other errands on a Saturday just to get out.    She has gotten numerous reminders from her service company that her car is past due for an oil change 🙂 

It is amazing I finally need an oil change, my last one was in February which is just crazy to me. I still have to bring the kids to daycare so I have been driving a bit more than your wife, but it has been a nice change to be sure. At this rate I might actually get my tires to last more than a couple years.

• Like 1

Right Handed

2 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

It is amazing I finally need an oil change, my last one was in February which is just crazy to me. I still have to bring the kids to daycare so I have been driving a bit more than your wife, but it has been a nice change to be sure. At this rate I might actually get my tires to last more than a couple years.

Same with her on buying a new car, she has a 2009 Corolla with 140,000 miles and it's in better shape than most 3 year old cars.  But she has been able to put off buying a new one for probably a year now, as they dont expect to be back in the building until at least the first of the year.   She wants her next car to be her last, so she's trying to put it off as long as she can. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Same with her on buying a new car, she has a 2009 Corolla with 140,000 miles and it's in better shape than most 3 year old cars.  But she has been able to put off buying a new one for probably a year now, as they dont expect to be back in the building until at least the first of the year.   She wants her next car to be her last, so she's trying to put it off as long as she can. 

Totally get that. I actually just got a new car last summer since mine was getting up there, if I had help off I would have been in the same boat. It was an 08 Camry with like 120,000 on it (previous owners drove it very little). But, makes me feel like this current car is gonna last a lot longer than I expected.

• Like 1

Right Handed

26 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As long as you do the basic routine maintenance for Camry/Corollas and most other naturally aspirated Toyotas, 140k is just getting warmed up.

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue 
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Hey! A little less talk and a lot more action in here please 😂

I'm just glad to read people are still working, whether from home or not. My significant other was not so fortunate through this 😩

Ok, so who has 921's en-route....

• Sad 2

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 10.5* - Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Fairway Wood: :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* - Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS2 19.0* - Tensei AV Blue 70HY S

Irons 5-GW: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal - Pro Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges::mizuno-small: T-20 54 | 58 |  M-Grind - Nippon Modus 105 

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B MidBlade Black - Gravity Grip

Ball: :bridgestone-small: 

10 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

As long as you do the basic routine maintenance for Camry/Corollas and most other naturally aspirated Toyotas, 140k is just getting warmed up.

So true i had 190,000 on my 2006 Highlander when it was totaled in an accident 3 years ago, snd was still running strong.  But than tires i never spent a penny that wasn’t scheduled maintenance for it. 

2 hours ago, CWilson216 said:

Hey! A little less talk and a lot more action in here please 😂

I'm just glad to read people are still working, whether from home or not. My significant other was not so fortunate through this 😩

Ok, so who has 921's en-route....

Sorry to hear about your SO.  I do feel fortunate to be working.  It came with a 20% pay reduction, but i know there are many much worse off. 

As for the 921 i think today was PAR, so we should start seeing them.  Mine are still on order and probably 2-3 weeks away.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sorry to hear about your SO.  I do feel fortunate to be working.  It came with a 20% pay reduction, but i know there are many much worse off. 

As for the 921 i think today was PAR, so we should start seeing them.  Mine are still on order and probably 2-3 weeks away.  

Ugh, I hate hearing 2-3 weeks away. Mine are on order as well. I thought I would get lucky and have 1 week (2 latest) after release 

11 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

My first car was a Toyota Avalon with 270,000 mile and the only thing going was the electronics.

• Love 1

Right Handed

Just finished my first round with the JPX 921 HMP. Enjoyed getting some distance back, and was able to get a feel for the ball flight on a course. I picked them up last Friday and hit 25 balls at the range. However, I was hitting off mats into a 15 mph headwind, so not much to consider other than feel (with range balls). 

Today, they felt solid. They flew really straight. Really straight. I picked up a lot of the distance I've lost this year. I was able to hit the ball, for the most part, where I wanted. I typically play 2 deg flat on Mizs, so a pulls were attributed to "toe up" strikes. Oh yeah, before I forget, they fly really straight! Definitely a different tool if you want to bend it both ways. I was expecting high launchers, but that wasn't my experience. I typically play a lower ball, and was able to keep the ball flighted just how I wanted. 

As for feel, I really liked them. I wasn't expecting super harsh, such as an old set of cast irons, or the buttery MP feel, but I was happy with the feedback to my hands. I can confidently state they felt better than i210s or i500s, which I was considering. 

My favorite shot was on a par 3. 202 to a back pin, and wanted to play about 196. I grabbed the 4 iron, slightly flighted the ball and hit it exactly where I wanted. I was left about a 20 foot putt, what was more than can be expected on that particular hole. 

Some background: I turned 52 this summer, I have an artificial disc in my S1-L5, and my left knee has needed knee replacement for several years, but I've been just gutting it out and putting off the inevitable. Well this year was great, as far as the amount of time I was able to play (thanks COVID), but was absolutely the most drastic, and difficult period asy far as physical limitations go. I was comfortably playing specific distances, and throughout the Spring to Summer, lost about 15-20 yards per club. My knees were a wreck and really took a toll on my swing. 

I've played forged irons for a long time: MP 14s  (10 years)  then MP 32s (12 years), then Wilson FG V6/C300 forged set two years ago. This year has been rough on my distance (loss), so picking up a lot of lost yardage that was lost was fantastic. I get there's a trade off, feel vs distance etc. I don't need the left/right correction aspect of the HMP, but need the distance. As I'm only getting older (yes, it really does suck!), I find this new type of club (distance with smaller profile) is perfect for what I need. 

One round in the bag - super happy. 

• Like 3

Reside in Roseville, California

Driver: Cobra F9 - Hzrdus Black X-stiff

3-Wood: Mizuno ST190 3wd Fuji Atmos X-Stiff

Fairway: Ping G400 2H 17 Deg, Stock Ping shaft X-stiff

Irons: 4-7 Wilson C300 Forged, DG X100, 2 deg flat (NEW)

Irons: 8- gap Wilson FG V6, DG X100 2 deg flat (NEW)

Wedge: Titleist SM7 54 deg, 10 bounce, DG X100, 2 deg flat 

Wedge: Titleist SM7 58 deg, 8 bounce, 2 deg flat, DG X100

Wedge: Wilson FG PMP 62 deg, 07 bounce, KBS X-Stiff, 2 deg flat

Flat Stick: Taylor Made Sider X, copper 

20 hours ago, tribota said:

Just finished my first round with the JPX 921 HMP. Enjoyed getting some distance back, and was able to get a feel for the ball flight on a course. I picked them up last Friday and hit 25 balls at the range. However, I was hitting off mats into a 15 mph headwind, so not much to consider other than feel (with range balls). 

Today, they felt solid. They flew really straight. Really straight. I picked up a lot of the distance I've lost this year. I was able to hit the ball, for the most part, where I wanted. I typically play 2 deg flat on Mizs, so a pulls were attributed to "toe up" strikes. Oh yeah, before I forget, they fly really straight! Definitely a different tool if you want to bend it both ways. I was expecting high launchers, but that wasn't my experience. I typically play a lower ball, and was able to keep the ball flighted just how I wanted. 

As for feel, I really liked them. I wasn't expecting super harsh, such as an old set of cast irons, or the buttery MP feel, but I was happy with the feedback to my hands. I can confidently state they felt better than i210s or i500s, which I was considering. 

My favorite shot was on a par 3. 202 to a back pin, and wanted to play about 196. I grabbed the 4 iron, slightly flighted the ball and hit it exactly where I wanted. I was left about a 20 foot putt, what was more than can be expected on that particular hole. 

Some background: I turned 52 this summer, I have an artificial disc in my S1-L5, and my left knee has needed knee replacement for several years, but I've been just gutting it out and putting off the inevitable. Well this year was great, as far as the amount of time I was able to play (thanks COVID), but was absolutely the most drastic, and difficult period asy far as physical limitations go. I was comfortably playing specific distances, and throughout the Spring to Summer, lost about 15-20 yards per club. My knees were a wreck and really took a toll on my swing. 

I've played forged irons for a long time: MP 14s  (10 years)  then MP 32s (12 years), then Wilson FG V6/C300 forged set two years ago. This year has been rough on my distance (loss), so picking up a lot of lost yardage that was lost was fantastic. I get there's a trade off, feel vs distance etc. I don't need the left/right correction aspect of the HMP, but need the distance. As I'm only getting older (yes, it really does suck!), I find this new type of club (distance with smaller profile) is perfect for what I need. 

One round in the bag - super happy. 

Glad to hear the 921 arrived and you are enjoying them.   Im hoping for mine at some point next week.  

I dont expect to find any new distance as i am already playing a distance iron T300 and MAVRIK.  But hoping for a better feel/sound and that Special Mizuno performance 😎

• Like 2

(Lefty here)... Just got fit for the 921 Hot Metal and the Titleist T200's. Having a tough time deciding... Cost is better on Mizuno. Mizunos a little bit chunkier though. Love the T200 look.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-pw irons: :ping-small:  G710 with stiff KBS shafts (MGS Tester '20)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder (MGS Tester '19)
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:
2 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

(Lefty here)... Just got fit for the 921 Hot Metal and the Titleist T200's. Having a tough time deciding... Cost is better on Mizuno. Mizunos a little bit chunkier though. Love the T200 look.

Did either of them stand out more as far as distance / dispersion? For me the Hot Metal Pro's were better than the T200, however it was close. Since you're a lefty, the Pro isn't available to you which takes away a bit of that chunky look.

Did either of them stand out more as far as distance / dispersion? For me the Hot Metal Pro's were better than the T200, however it was close. Since you're a lefty, the Pro isn't available to you which takes away a bit of that chunky look.

Both performed well. I think I WANT the T200s more but the consistent performance (dispersion) was better with Hot Metal. I do prefer looking down at the T200s a little bit more. It’s hard not to go with the Mizunos though from a performance standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-pw irons: :ping-small:  G710 with stiff KBS shafts (MGS Tester '20)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder (MGS Tester '19)
  • Tracked By: :Arccos: