2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Henrik Stenson shot an 85 on Thursday....  This is an Open Champion... and he shot EIGHTY FIVE I thought this from his coach was pretty telling: “Between us, we’ve confused his mind try

Well lately I have became a Bryson fan---- Really I never pulled real hard or against anyone for that matter since the Nicklaus/ Seve days. LOL yep the 86 Masters final round was tough. But I like Bry

Viktor Hovland for me. Kid is so fun to watch play and always looks like he’s having fun. 

Posted Images

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

I had been wondering about this very thing. Rory is long enough and would be wise not to fall into the chase Bryson trap. I am still of the opinion that Bryson's ball mauling stroke will have a limited shelf life. 
Listening to Rory's interview he did mention that people are not giving enough credit to Bryson for his ability to get out of the thick rough.  He also attributed some of that to his longer short irons (one length) and the ability to generate more speed with them.  Great point... I hadn't even thought about the one-length factor.

I listened to Rory’s interview while working out this morning and I must say that I was stunned. I guess that’s the difference between the mentality of a touring pro and athletes in other sports. Could you imagine Lawrence Taylor saying, “So they’re going to block me with tackles, I’m going to have to get bigger and stronger?” He was saying, “Better bring a tight end and fullback too because I’m going to kick all their butts.”

In golf you need to look at the data, analyze it and say, “Here’s my weakness either I can work around it or I need to improve in that area.” Distance and ball striking have always been a strength for Rory, to think he’d chase distance because a guy win a US Open is ridiculous. Was he watching Jordan Spieth the last 3 seasons or not?

Most guys on tour are long enough, top 1/3 I distance has always been long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

6 minutes ago, revkev said:

I listened to Rory’s interview while working out this morning and I must say that I was stunned. I guess that’s the difference between the mentality of a touring pro and athletes in other sports. Could you imagine Lawrence Taylor saying, “So they’re going to block me with tackles, I’m going to have to get bigger and stronger?” He was saying, “Better bring a tight end and fullback too because I’m going to kick all their butts.”

In golf you need to look at the data, analyze it and say, “Here’s my weakness either I can work around it or I need to improve in that area.” Distance and ball striking have always been a strength for Rory, to think he’d chase distance because a guy win a US Open is ridiculous. Was he watching Jordan Spieth the last 3 seasons or not?

Most guys on tour are long enough, top 1/3 I distance has always been long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Good points.  Plus, middle of the pack and even short hitters win their share of events.  That said, it's easy to understand how these guys get sucked into the long drive chase... whether we care to admit it or not, it is in our DNA.

• Like 2

Lee Westwood? Out of nowhere last week and then again this week! I don't have anything for or against him, but he sure has come into fine form lately. Maybe sleeping with your caddie does wonders?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
24 minutes ago, Middler said:

Lee Westwood? Out of nowhere last week and then again this week! I don't have anything for or against him, but he sure has come into fine form lately. Maybe sleeping with your caddie does wonders?

He's been rounding into form since last year and has long been considered one of the best players never to win a major🏌️‍♂️

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

16 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Listening to Rory's interview he did mention that people are not giving enough credit to Bryson for his ability to get out of the thick rough.  He also attributed some of that to his longer short irons (one length) and the ability to generate more speed with them.  Great point... I hadn't even thought about the one-length factor.

Totally agree, that's a great insight I hadn't thought about before either. Some of the announcers have also mentioned how the steepness of his swing helps him out of the rough as well. A few months back I remember watching a Crossfield video saying that when he's in the rough he swings steeper to minimize how much grass the clubhead interacts with before the ball. Is that a pretty common concept good players use out of the rough? If it's easier with a steeper swing out of the rough, are there any major downsides to just always swinging steeper so you don't need to swing differently when you're in the roughh vs out of it?

• Like 4

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

OR

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

39 minutes ago, ncwoz said:

Totally agree, that's a great insight I hadn't thought about before either. Some of the announcers have also mentioned how the steepness of his swing helps him out of the rough as well. A few months back I remember watching a Crossfield video saying that when he's in the rough he swings steeper to minimize how much grass the clubhead interacts with before the ball. Is that a pretty common concept good players use out of the rough? If it's easier with a steeper swing out of the rough, are there any major downsides to just always swinging steeper so you don't need to swing differently when you're in the roughh vs out of it?

Hoping this will be a benefit I'll see from the new v-soles... when I finally get them 😕.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, revkev said:

I didn't take Rory's comments as a chase for distance but a chase for more speed.  The benefit he saw at the US Open was his play out of rough;  more speed and steeper AoA minimized the penal nature of the rough. 

• Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

JT finally coming back into form! His putter has been on fire today 🤯 it's nice to see him bounce back last week and today after the Genesis showing. 

• Like 5

IRONS: :titelist-small: T300 Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo Reg Flex (4,6,8,9,PW)

PUTTER: :odyssey-small: Lab V-Line Straight 34in 

DRIVER: :taylormade-small: R11 

Actually, it’s because I replaced him on my fantasy team after missed cuts. If I replaced Xander, he’d probably win five in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Fascinating process.  What disappoints me is no matter if it is a PGA Championship tournament or my local muni, they never put those in where my ball goes.

• Like 2

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   (Testing once again Grint)

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes

Pin placement on 17 was evil. But Westwood"s putt on 17 - oh my!  

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

7 hours ago, Middler said:

Lee Westwood again, WTH? Should be a real shootout with Thomas and DeChambeau and whoever else gets hot on Sunday.

• Like 3
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

All in on Westy.   Would enjoy seeing the “old guy” pull out a big win!

• Like 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)