Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned) ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned)

Bucket Hats

PBH3

I have a visit next week with a cardiovascular doctor for a little a plumbing work. It was suggested that I start using a hat for some coverage of  my ears and neck, anything other than a baseball type hat. At least during the summer months.

Soooooo……..ordered today.

69AA450B-1554-4A1D-849E-9420899C585E.webp

“Adventure Before Dementia “

PING G425 4-UW/SW Black Dot +1” Alta CB RFlex / ChipR

PING G410 Plus DRIVER 10.5* / 3W 14*/ 5W 17.5* / 3hyb. 19* / 9W 22*

PING Putter Custom PLD 4J Prototype / 1968 Anser / Odyssey TriHot #3

VICE Pro Soft Lime Green / Bridgestone RX - TreoSoft

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, 
I've read this entire topic because I've been looking for a good Bucket Hat for a while and couldn't find one. So for the Europeans I found a good site, I recently moved to Berlin it's a German site that a friend recommended to me. For those living outside Europe, I don't think they deliver, but for those looking for something sober to make beautiful swings out of the sun, this Bucket Hat site hides a few treasures!!

Edited by JeremyClem

• 2 months later...

I have a large white adidas sun hat and it is too much for golf… gets in the way lol.  But I recently got a white bucket hat and I think it works just fine. 

Driver: Sim2 max - ventus 5-s shaft - lamkin cross line grip 

Irons:  Snake eyes 600b - rifle 5.5 shafts - golf pride mcc white grip standard 

Wedges: Titleist vokey sm4 (52*,56*) and a raw 60* - all with lamkin cross line grips 

Putter: Odessey R-ball stroke lab putter  

• 2 months later...

I was going to start a new topic on hats, but then saw this one.

With summer nearly here, and with the weather already producing record temps for this time of year, I am thinking of getting another bucket hat.

The caviat is,  the brim needs to be wide and firm, not floppy.

I have 3 or 4 yard work hats already, but the rims are very floppy. And tend to block my vision when swinging a club.

I've seen players on tour wearing some different brands and really like the way they look. I'm not keen on spending $50+ for a hat though. 

Are there more affordable options like these hats out there? Or has these style hats have the market cornered , and can set the pricing because of that?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Are there more affordable options like these hats out there? Or has these style hats have the market cornered , and can set the pricing because of that?

Some have already said it in her but Imperial Hats Cooling Sun Protection hat is the way to go. Yes it cost $55 but it is 100% worth paying for the quality. I think my golf group has tried every single brand of bucket hat for playing in the the summer heat in Houston and our group often tees off with 4 Imperial Cooling Sun-Protection hats. I've also had mine for a couple of years so they are built well and last for a while. 

Titleist makes a good firm brim one as well but they are more costly and Imperial has like 200 stock logos that you can add for free so more customizable

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

On 6/17/2022 at 5:35 PM, ParFore74x said:

I actually have a couple of these in my cart on an online store right now. Trying to decide if I need one or two. 😂 

Good to rotate in the hot and humid weather.  Get two.  I have six of them

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

1 hour ago, jkimbrell0 said:

Some have already said it in her but Imperial Hats Cooling Sun Protection hat is the way to go. Yes it cost $55 but it is 100% worth paying for the quality. I think my golf group has tried every single brand of bucket hat for playing in the the summer heat in Houston and our group often tees off with 4 Imperial Cooling Sun-Protection hats. I've also had mine for a couple of years so they are built well and last for a while. 

Titleist makes a good firm brim one as well but they are more costly and Imperial has like 200 stock logos that you can add for free so more customizable

Thank you, I will look Into them.

Saw these at a WM for 25$ arctic cool hats. Anyone use them?

Screenshot_20240430_103539_Walmart.jpg.f3d5ac4ef5078a32ca7afdffbce17ef9.jpg

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Anybody wearing straw???….I use to wear a hybrid sombrero looking contraption on the border eons ago. Soaked in water during the round took the edge off on those 110° + heat index days. Head is to darn big for the regular bucket hats , so pretty much wearing adjustable baseball caps. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 9:19 PM, baja okie said:

I have several different brands and models. I want to get some like the Titleist bucket worn by Will Zatoris's caddie. They could sell a lot of them.

I would like to get this type of hat too! But the current hat offerings from Titleist seem different from the ones the caddie wears. The brim of his hats are a lot narrower, which what I like... Anyone knows what this exact model is?

Driver: default_ping-small.jpg.7bb3f5ec2c861b674536c2973761d8d9.jpg G20 12˚
Fairway: default_taylormade-small.jpg.d51f82ec649f0b4f13a1f667dfbe59f1.jpg RBZ 5w   
Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg.d51f82ec649f0b4f13a1f667dfbe59f1.jpg P790 2i-7i & P770 8i-PW combo
Wedges: default_taylormade-small.jpg.d51f82ec649f0b4f13a1f667dfbe59f1.jpg MG2 50˚/54˚/58˚
Putter: IMG_5085.jpeg.d9589f26f3535f44f8bdb2b8cf1f859e.jpeg.d7418bb2c8454981c7cba283f95d84f1.jpeg  White Hot #1

5 minutes ago, 1wayjeong said:

I would like to get this type of hat too! But the current hat offerings from Titleist seem different from the ones the caddie wears. The brim of his hats are a lot narrower, which what I like... Anyone knows what this exact model is?

It looks similar to the StaDry hats seen here.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I ended up with this PGA branded boonies hat.  Fits well, crown is very lightweight,  amd the brim is firm enough as is or form as I like.

20240520_190523.jpg

As dark as I have gotten the past few months of golfing, I probably should wear a bucket hat. But they're just not my style. Never have been. Even was I was an assistant youth football coach for a year, I just couldn't join the gang with the other coaches. My head is too large. I would look like an umbrella walking around 😂

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

For the ladies with long hair: 

I was looking for more sun protection than the normal baseball cap style hat and found this amazing fedora style hat that has a velcro strap on the back and pony tail spot for long hair management but still has the sun protection. 

The fedora style is better than a wide brim floppy hat for course management in the wind, and the hole in the back is great for keeping the sun off the tips of my ears. 

https://setartrading.com/products/backless-ponytail-opening-fedora-sun-n-sand-hats

This site also has one that one of my friends swears by, but it's a little more $$. 

Wallaroo (psst, they have a skin cancer awareness month sale going on, so its a good time to snag one) 

https://wallaroohats.com/collections/sun-protective-upf-hats/products/gabi?variant=40093748560057

*I am not associated with either of these brands but am glad I found these options as a woman who has long hair and a ponytail. 

I'm a skier, ski bootfitter, ski reviewer and forum owner for SkiTalk.com

WITB: Cobra

Driver Aerojet Max set at 13.5

AirX  3W, 5W, 7W, 4H, 5H, 7H,

Irons, 7, 8, 9, PW, GW, SW

King Cobra 3D Printed Putter with modified shaft

Posted (edited)

I'm a total hat junkie who wears a hat literally every day. I have 3 bucket hats that I wear on the regular for golfing. Living in NM, it gets warm and the sun is brutal but I cannot wear them in the spring/early summer as the wind catches them and it's very distracting worrying if my hat is going to fly off while I'm trying to hit. The ones I have are Titleist (2) and a New Era Buffalo Bills one. The Bills one isn't as wide brimmed as the others but it is the lightest weight of the 3. New Era, who I consider to be the best hats on the market, now has a golf line of hats so you may want to check out their bucket hats for golf.

https://www.neweracap.com/collections/golf

Edited by schooner44
I love typos lol

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Callaway Rogue ST Max D 5 wood

Callaway Rogue 7 wood

Callaway Rogue 11 wood

Callaway Rogue ST Max 4 Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Max OS Lite 6-AW

TaylorMade MG3 wedges (52, 56 & 60)

Scotty Cameron Select Roundback

On 4/30/2024 at 6:59 AM, Rob Person said:

I was going to start a new topic on hats, but then saw this one.

With summer nearly here, and with the weather already producing record temps for this time of year, I am thinking of getting another bucket hat.

The caviat is,  the brim needs to be wide and firm, not floppy.

I have 3 or 4 yard work hats already, but the rims are very floppy. And tend to block my vision when swinging a club.

I've seen players on tour wearing some different brands and really like the way they look. I'm not keen on spending $50+ for a hat though. 

I just mentioned this in my post but check out New Era Caps golf like. They have a few different bucket hats that are super lightweight with a decent size from that's not floppy for about $35. They also have 15% of for Memorial Day right now.

Callaway Rogue ST Max D driver

Callaway Rogue ST Max D 5 wood

Callaway Rogue 7 wood

Callaway Rogue 11 wood

Callaway Rogue ST Max 4 Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Max OS Lite 6-AW

TaylorMade MG3 wedges (52, 56 & 60)

Scotty Cameron Select Roundback

Until last year, I was not a fan. Floppy or too narrow brims, loose fitting or too tight, easily blown off by the winds, etc.  This year, I decided I needed to try other brands (No, I'm not going to gore anyone's ox with the names of failed, for me, brands.)  Of course, I see lots of "Titleist" bucket hats on televised golf worn by both players and caddies so I decided to bit the bullet and spend the extra $10-15 on them.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  They fit well, have broad enough brim, don't get knocked off by my sometimes exaggerated follow thru.  

My only complaint with all of these hats is they can be quite warm to wear when the temperature and humidity are racing to 100.  However, the protection is what I need and am comfortable enough for me to wear everyday.

I started a discussion elsewhere "How many hats do you go through in the summer?" which pretty much pertained to sweating and the salt build up on the hat. 

IMG_3079.jpeg.42ee048c410aa0812da34183cd8c6014.jpeg

So, along with protecting my ears, I need something that is washable without looking like it was wrung though the wringer. 

Click * Point * Chute

Top of my ears burn in a second so bucket hats for 90% of my rounds.  I have a narrow brim Field and Stream I got in the fishing section at Dick’s. Also, Mission cooling hat (boonie?) which I like for really hot days — soak in water, wring it out and go; repeat every 6-9 holes.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

32 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

Top of my ears burn in a second so bucket hats for 90% of my rounds.  I have a narrow brim Field and Stream I got in the fishing section at Dick’s. Also, Mission cooling hat (boonie?) which I like for really hot days — soak in water, wring it out and go; repeat every 6-9 holes.

I wanted to like the mission boonies, as well as the As seen on TV  cooling bucket hat, but they seemed to quickly dry, and any dirt/sweat ran onto the brim, staining it. So far with this one, even though it's black, I'm not worried about it deforming if I wash it.

1 hour ago, Philpug said:

I started a discussion elsewhere "How many hats do you go through in the summer?" which pretty much pertained to sweating and the salt build up on the hat. 

So, along with protecting my ears, I need something that is washable without looking like it was wrung though the wringer. 

A significant number of my baseball / trucker type hats are heavenly stained with sweat and salt… I have never found a good way to wash/clean them effectively. 

On 6/19/2022 at 4:21 PM, ParFore74x said:

Walking through Scheel’s today and saw a few if these sitting on the shelf in the golf section. Decided there was no time like the present and bought one. 

8807F516-7066-41FB-BACF-A5E57922B9F4.jpeg

... Just a heads up (pun intended) and nothing wrong with spending $50 for a Titleist hat but the Walter Hagen hat sold at Dicks and Golf Galaxy is the exact same hat for $29. Only difference is the logo:

21WHGMWHWDBRMSNHTAPA_White-4.webp.ef3b15b846614a6a7c6ecbf66e2482ef.webp

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

I'm not a cap person. They make my hair stick out from under them at weird angles.

Way back when I first took up the game I picked up a Callaway bucket hat for playing in the rain. It just made sense to me to have a brim that went around the back to keep water from dripping down the back of your neck. I still have it and use it.

For sun protection I wear a Dorfman Pacific soaker. It's a fedora style with a wide brim and mesh sides for ventilation.

Cobra F9 Driver Project X Riptide Blue CB regular

Srixon ZX 7W Project X Riptide regular

Cobra King Utility 3i Aerotech Steelfiber i70 regular

Mizuno JPX923 HM 4-GW Nippon 950GH Neo regular

Callaway Jaws Raw full face 54* DG Spinner

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 60* Z grind DG Spinner

Evenroll ER2

3 hours ago, Philpug said:

I, too, suffer from sweat stains on my hat. I ended up trying a new to me method to washing them last year that has helped TREMENDOUSLY in terms of them not getting too beat up and losing their structure. Fill a sink or somethin similar with warm water and dawn dish soap. Let them soak for a couple hours, use a soft bristled tooth brush or even just your hand or a rag to lightly scrub them, rinse and allow to air dry. I hang mine from a hanger with the bill down, but if you have somewhere flat that could work too. Brought multiple hats back to life and keeps them looking new!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

I love the Titleist Charleston and Aussie hats, but they never seem to look the best on me. I wish they did lol

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I love the Titleist Charleston and Aussie hats, but they never seem to look the best on me. I wish they did lol

... But you think a flat brimmed hat does?  

no-ragrets-tattoo-scaled.jpg.webp.c5d1d82f47d18ed9642a78952f0490c9.webp

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

On 5/24/2024 at 1:25 PM, TSauer said:

It looks similar to the StaDry hats seen here.

I bought a Titleist Charleston Aussie Logo Hat and I love it. I've worn straw brim hats & baseball caps.  The problem with baseball caps my exposed ears burn.  Dermatologist "suggested" I start wearing brimmed hats when playing golf, to cover ears.  I'll wear the Aussie hat while Rangering & Playing golf.   

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0