The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Good morning fellow spies and happy Thursday. Looks to be a nice sunny day here today with highs in the low 60s. Had our second baseball practice last night which my son unfortunately had to miss due to a case of pink eye. Sounds like it is going around in his classroom so no real surprise he picked that up. Already started eye drops and he should be able to go to school tomorrow. His birthday is Saturday (turning 7) and we are planning on going to a waterpark hotel Sunday and both boys will get the day off school Monday.

Our youngest has some sort of nasty upper respiratory infection it seems like with gunky coughs and a plugged up nose, so hoping he feels better by then. He had also been getting one random fever a week (except this week) for the last probably month or so that wouldn't even last a full day and then be gone. We took him in to see the pediatrician yesterday in regards to that and now whatever he's dealing with, and he ordered some lab work to be precautionary. We of course were his last patient of the day yesterday, so while we've gotten all the lab results back, we haven't heard from him yet on any kind of diagnosis. @cnosil I think this discussion came up before with being able to get lab results back so quickly as a blessing and a curse. Having a very basic understanding of some of this is also a blessing and a curse. All of his blood cell counts look normal, which should be a good sign. He did have some elevated outcomes and some low outcomes, so those are what are weighing on our minds currently. I am anxiously awaiting hearing something back from his pediatrician, and it is going to be a long day until we do. Hopefully it'll be this morning at a reasonable time. 

Sorry to rant on about all that, I just really appreciate the community support of this forum. 

Going to be a fantastic community call today, but I am going to be leaving work early this afternoon to stay in line with my weekly hours and hopefully plan on getting the boys out onto the golf course, so will have to miss out.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Got to love the schools for passing around illnesses Happy Birthday to the young man🎂, Hope the rest of the family stays healthy, the youngest symptoms sounds like what my wife had gone through recently. Hope he feels better very soon, it really is tough to have a little one being sick, take care.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

2 minutes ago, ParFore74x said:

Sunrise golf is some of the best golf, IMHO. 

I agree @ParFore74x! Other than league play, I probably wind up golfing 90% of the time at sunrise. There is just something about the course early in the morning, birds chirping and the nice walk that accompanies.... just soothes the soul. 

Driver: image.png.f2fe7619b0a04dd4a12ac39783f39b10.png Aerojet LS 10.5 image.png.3c329ee54f4af0d332191de3b277d11b.png Kai Li 60R                   3 wood: default_taylormade-small.jpg.79932727ec2389ce0aa081d30367fb26.jpg M2

Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg.37fc98ff7c0a349b54abfa700e702ccb.jpg Speedblades 4i-PW                                                   Wedge: Cleveland.png.d2fe634fd9a3aaef5fed913a65c8e7dd.png CBX

Sand: Wilson.gif.7c4c0af3500daff148cdd38ec0dbe7ab.gif Wilson Pro Staff                                                       Putter: default_taylormade-small.jpg.37fc98ff7c0a349b54abfa700e702ccb.jpg Spider / Tester:  image.png.b7573f2e65bd0b7d6e014f5a8fa57579.png DF3

Ball: image.png.3706b1d653d1cf95b7231645d19bf8ad.png Pro shade                                                                           Cart: image.png.c49446b33f13453112cc2c4ef189d63d.pngQuad XL

"The more I work and practice, the luckier I seem to get.” -Gary Player

“The proper score for a businessman golfer is 90. If he is better than that he is neglecting his business. If he’s worse, he’s neglecting his golf.” -St Andrews Rotary Club Member

IMG_8832.png.9a7516931d2b6d56a45d434bda0161d6.pngBrick for retaining wall ordered. The price was slightly puckery, but this has to happen.  Why do I have to have expensive taste.  Of course the stones I chose were the more pricey optioin haha.

Me and some coworkers have a loose game plan to play somewhere tomorrow, though rain / storms may make that difficult.  Playing will be a game time decision.  Really would prefer to not get hailed on on a course.  Those cart windshields arnt rated for golf balls, doubt they are for hail stones either haha.

Edited by skraeling

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

35 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

I am a member at Amana, so I play there a lot. However, I love Finkbine and try to play there at least once a month. Their twilight rate is really good, so I try and play after 4:00. If you ever want to play a round I'm always open for a round of golf!

Amana is actually my favorite course in the area - I only get out there a few times a year for scramble events as it's kinda out of the way for me. But I'd love to meet up at Finkbine sometime!

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Have any of you run across Stinknet plants on your courses or in your area? It is an invasive plant/weed from Africa called Oncosiphon pilulifer and it has become a huge problem here. I took a trip to a course 1/2 hr away and traveled through barren desert for a good part of the trip. It is almost completely yellow as this invasive plant has crowded out much of the native plants. I saw a feature on these and they were having a meeting to come up with a plan to combat the invasion and basically said the Stinknet had already exploded beyond their ability to combat it. They were going back to the drawing board to figure out what could be done about it. 

... This is a picture from just off the 5th tee but it is all over the course. 

IMG_0424.jpeg.ed611a892b5956970012967530f3c333.jpeg

I haven’t seem it here; but it looks like something that would fit in with our surrounding vegetation.  Our natural terrain outside town is similar to yours.  Maybe it just hasn’t gotten here yet.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

I agree @ParFore74x! Other than league play, I probably wind up golfing 90% of the time at sunrise. There is just something about the course early in the morning, birds chirping and the nice walk that accompanies.... just soothes the soul. 

That’s a great way to put it. So relaxing. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

On 4/24/2024 at 10:06 AM, CSiders12 said:

Good morning all, 

I appreciate all of your kind words. It truly means a lot to be part of a community that is as supportive as this one. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. 

Best,

Cory

Don't know how the parents and yourself are carrying on .. I think I would've quite literally melted down and become non-functional .. my sincere sympathies........

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg