Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Are you happy with your swing?

Pretty general question, but in terms of feel, looks (not that looks matter), technique and all that are you happy with how your swing is or performs? 

If you're going through swing changes what are they? Are you working with a coach? Do others comment on your swing? Is there a technique or thought you are looking to adapt or implement into your swing?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Good topic!  I am happy with my iron swing but am working on improving it more.  I have good rotation and have put alot of focus on keeping a straight arm and synced with my rotation. 

Now my driver swing, we'll that's a whole different story. I finally set up a lesson because I over swing when it comes to driver and lose the straight arm.  I also have a tendency to sway slightly and that comes from swinging too hard. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

After 50 years and hitting  hundreds of thousands of balls i am stuck with my swing.  With all that muscle memory divorce isnt an option. 

I continue to work on core flexibility so i can maintain a decent turn and hopefully avoid back pain.  I wish i didnt have a few other issues that physically limit my swing speed and resulting distance.  

But it is repeatable and I am happy with what my swing has evolved into given the physical limitations from the aches and pains.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I took a lesson earlier this year and discovered that it's probably too hard to change anything fundamental about my swing. After a few months of trying to work in the concepts he had introduced, I think I've fallen back into my old habits but my scoring has improved. I plan to go back over the winter for a series of 5 lessons (he offers a buy 4 get one free deal) with one of those being a putting lesson. While I am very happy with my swing and how I strike the ball, I do want to work on my mishits and what I can do to further reduce the frequency and degree of "badness" of the mishits. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

This year has been the best most consistant golf I have ever played, so I am very happy with my swing.  That being said, I am always looking for things in my swing that I can improve.  I don't imagine that will ever change.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

No Its getting better but im still casting really hard but it is getting much better as long as i keep reminding myself to come inside and rotate through 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Great topic! I would say I am pretty pleased with my swing at the moment. Of course there are many areas of continuous improvement that come to mind. Right now I feel like my striking has improved to a point where I am refining things and building the confidence up even higher and starting to think about how to shape the shot with different clubs (especially wedges)

Just like @GolfSpy_APH I too don't necessarily love the way my swing "looks" but have had several people also comment on how good it looks. Question, does anyone like the look of their swing? Personally I want my swing to look like Fred Couples! His tempo and swing have been the pinnacle for me ever since I was a kid.

Edited by snoopy79

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R w/JumboMax Tour Series grip

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges: Testing default_titelist-small.jpg.70ad9f722a0db80227389c6cf555806c.jpg Vokey SM10 wedges Go here to learn more!

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Ball: TBD

I am happier than I have been in the past. I am not 100% content, nor do I think I'll ever be. But playing consistently this year has me in a good spot where I'm on the course and thinking about the shot vs my swing, and having very good results.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

My swing is a work in progress 🔨🚧

Driver : :callaway-small:Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (45")
3-Wood: :callaway-small:Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
3-Utility: :Sub70:699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
Irons: :titleist-small:T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
Wedges: Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
Putter: :cobra-small:King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen:Quad Tour Taper grip
Bag: :cobra-small:Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
Push Cart: :BagBoy:Nitron, Black/Red
Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

I had quite a bit to work on in my swing that I didn't honestly even realize until I recorded it very early this year and posted on the forum asking for feedback. I had a stretch during the later half of the summer where everything felt out of whack and swing/scoring went off the rails. Talking back into the low 100s rails after consistent low 90s/breaking 90 during the Cobra challenge. 

Over the past week and a half or so, I made one small feel change in my backswing, and it has made a world of difference in my ball striking. I set PB's yesterday with both GIR/FIR, and could only think of about 6 instances where I had a poor strike on the ball. I have never felt this comfortable and confident with my swing which is a great feeling! Of course know that there is plenty that could improve, but the best way to describe the feel I'm getting now with the swing is it feels "natural" and not like I am trying to force myself into a specific position. 

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X (Currently Testing)

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

wow, what a great topic..

"my swing", "the swing" "I like your swing" "you swing fast" "you swing slow" 

This could be a Carl's Golf Land commercial.

After 9 years of serious competitive golf, working with "swing" coaches etc. etc. Basically having a team working with me, working hard to find the "holy grail" of "swings" the quest continues, and it is fun....

In the 2022 season I sequed away from my team and took "ownership" for my swing. I found that I needed to do that at that point. Around that same time I stumbled upon a swing that delivered a "stripe show" on the range. I was emulating an old Canadian Golf pro's swing, George Knudsen, and it really felt great and delivered centre hits on my scoring irons. 

I moved away from that vision this year "for some strange reason" and I have recently returned to it. 

So, in summary, I am doing the "George Knudsen" swing for my scoring irons, 7-wedges, and my hybrids 3-4 ping G430's, and a Gene Littler swing for the 5-6 iron, driver and mini driver (13 degree rocketball) 

The quest continues, thank you @GolfSpy_APH for the fun Monday morning question..

committed to performance excellence

I'm not particularly unhappy with the basic swing, but I AM a little less happy with the effects of age on my distance.  Clearly, that's why I volunteered for the Stack review opportunity, and why I'm elated to have been chosen.  If Stack lives up to its billing, I'll be pretty pleased.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Overall, I think my swing is better than it was a few years ago, but it still needs work.  I wish my swing speed was faster, but at my age I don't see it getting much better.  Woods are generally great; irons are still a work in progress... short irons are OK, mid-irons are iffy.  Monte has helped my backswing rotation, but tempo fluctuates daily.  When everything is on, I'm happy; but it only takes one thing off that leads to poor scores.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

After 16 spinal surgeries, I'm happy to just be swinging. But, in general, I'm happy with my swing. I workout religiously and as rigorously as I can. I dropped over 40lbs and that has helped my swing tremendously. I work with a coach (Bobby Lopez-Quick Fix Golf). He jokes that he can't fix swing problems, he can only put them into remission. Well he has done a great job with me. I would advise that a coach working with you is far better than trying whatever new Youtube tip is out there. IMHO

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Have to agree with @Jim Shaw, great topic @GolfSpy_APH!

Honestly, not happy with my swing, specifically with irons.  It's been a work in progress for the past year.  
Last August 2022, I decided on making an entire change; equipment & swing after my performance in the Florida Senior Open, plus seeing my swing on video. 
I was never happy with Elevation 105 stiff shafts in my Callaway Maverick irons & was testing shaft replacements. Then my Callaway GBB Subzero Driver face cracked, it was my baby! whaa now a replacement is needed. For $200, I change to the PXG 0211 driver.  Felt good, driver sound not the best, but distance wise, I had lost distance compared to the GBB Subzero driver, and looking for a replacement.  The driver shaft fitted for the PXG driver, was really good.  It really seemed to straightened the drives out, going to a stiffer tip. 

Finally found the driver, hitting a friends Callaway Paradym X Driver. In making the equipment change - I traded in my Callaway Maverick Pro Irons, PXG Driver, a couple of wedges for the Paradym X Driver.  Callaway's stock shaft was the same shaft in PXG driver.  It turned out to be a good move & picked up the distance with Paradym that I lost with the PXG. Face of Paradym definitely hotter than PXG 0211. 

Next dilemma was finding irons. Tried my old new set of Precept Tour Premium Forged (never been hit in 7 yrs, they had been a gift).  The only issue they had regular Dynamic Gold R300 shafts. Distances were way off, not to mention lofts were up to 5 degrees weaker than today's irons.  My club fitter advised, stop with searching for shafts to reshaft clubs, go get the new technology! He was right, LOL. Just changed to Titleist T200 Stiff AMT Black shafts. Distances are definitely coming back, but accuracy & consistency is below average.

Spent the entire month, last August 2022, searching for an instructor who simplified the swing & one where I could work on shortening the backswing & be more efficient, especially tempo wise and found Tom Saguto, a PGA Pro, online.  I'm definitely seeing better results with Driver, Fairway woods & Rescue.  Still struggling, I feel, with irons. I'm not consistent & it's driving me nuts. I take two steps forward & boom three steps back. But sticking with it, due to not practicing as much the past month. 

What timing though by MGS, being chosen to test TheStack System!! I'm Excited! I think this maybe a sign and a much needed renewed energy.  It will definitely give me additional video of my swing, not to mention a bit of a different outlook on the swing, get rid of this timidness through doubt in my mind. Get away from thinking about 20-30 swing thoughts down to 2, LOL! Having seen both Padraig Harrington & Matt Fitzpatrick's success with swing speed training, might add to getting the mind back in the correct frame of thought. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

5 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

Have to agree with @Jim Shaw, great topic @GolfSpy_APH!

Honestly, not happy with my swing, specifically with irons.  It's been a work in progress for the past year.  
Last August 2022, I decided on making an entire change; equipment & swing after my performance in the Florida Senior Open, plus seeing my swing on video. 
I was never happy with Elevation 105 stiff shafts in my Callaway Maverick irons & was testing shaft replacements. Then my Callaway GBB Subzero Driver face cracked, it was my baby! whaa now a replacement is needed. For $200, I change to the PXG 0211 driver.  Felt good, driver sound not the best, but distance wise, I had lost distance compared to the GBB Subzero driver, and looking for a replacement.  The driver shaft fitted for the PXG driver, was really good.  It really seemed to straightened the drives out, going to a stiffer tip. 

Finally found the driver, hitting a friends Callaway Paradym X Driver. In making the equipment change - I traded in my Callaway Maverick Pro Irons, PXG Driver, a couple of wedges for the Paradym X Driver.  Callaway's stock shaft was the same shaft in PXG driver.  It turned out to be a good move & picked up the distance with Paradym that I lost with the PXG. Face of Paradym definitely hotter than PXG 0211. 

Next dilemma was finding irons. Tried my old new set of Precept Tour Premium Forged (never been hit in 7 yrs, they had been a gift).  The only issue they had regular Dynamic Gold R300 shafts. Distances were way off, not to mention lofts were up to 5 degrees weaker than today's irons.  My club fitter advised, stop with searching for shafts to reshaft clubs, go get the new technology! He was right, LOL. Just changed to Titleist T200 Stiff AMT Black shafts. Distances are definitely coming back, but accuracy & consistency is below average.

Spent the entire month, last August 2022, searching for an instructor who simplified the swing & one where I could work on shortening the backswing & be more efficient, especially tempo wise and found Tom Saguto, a PGA Pro, online.  I'm definitely seeing better results with Driver, Fairway woods & Rescue.  Still struggling, I feel, with irons. I'm not consistent & it's driving me nuts. I take two steps forward & boom three steps back. But sticking with it, due to not practicing as much the past month. 

What timing though by MGS, being chosen to test TheStack System!! I'm Excited! I think this maybe a sign and a much needed renewed energy.  It will definitely give me additional video of my swing, not to mention a bit of a different outlook on the swing, get rid of this timidness through doubt in my mind. Get away from thinking about 20-30 swing thoughts down to 2, LOL! Having seen both Padraig Harrington & Matt Fitzpatrick's success with swing speed training, might add to getting the mind back in the correct frame of thought. 

Florida senior open, now that sounds like fun. I bet there are some great players in that tournament... the depth of the players in the US is unreal, I get a chance to witness it once a year at our National Championship and it really is fun to watch.

I am interested in the "increasing your swing speed" system, looking forward to following the progress, love what Padraig is doing...

6 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Florida senior open, now that sounds like fun. I bet there are some great players in that tournament... the depth of the players in the US is unreal, I get a chance to witness it once a year at our National Championship and it really is fun to watch.

I am interested in the "increasing your swing speed" system, looking forward to following the progress, love what Padraig is doing...

The Florida Senior Open is fun @Jim Shaw! There are some really great players in FL. Gary Koch has won the FL Open several times. That man can still play.  I've have the opportunity to play with some real good players, which helps me to identify my deficiencies. Good learning experiences, as I'm sure you are aware Jim.  I'll let you know how the swing speed system works.  

1 minute ago, tdroma98 said:

The Florida Senior Open is fun @Jim Shaw! There are some really great players in FL. Gary Koch has won the FL Open several times. That man can still play.  I've have the opportunity to play with some real good players, which helps me to identify my deficiencies. Good learning experiences, as I'm sure you are aware Jim.  I'll let you know how the swing speed system works.  

Gary Koch... wow... another level eh? yes great learning experiences and building relationships, pretty fun...Keep your eye on the Canadian National Men's senior next year, it is in Ontario, just a hop skip and jump from Florida lol... 

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Pretty general question, but in terms of feel, looks (not that looks matter), technique and all that are you happy with how your swing is or performs? 

If you're going through swing changes what are they? Are you working with a coach? Do others comment on your swing? Is there a technique or thought you are looking to adapt or implement into your swing?

I am generally happy with my swing but would still like to improve aspects of my full swing; particularly face control.     Always working on my short game swing;  current area for improvement is distance control.     I am not currently working with a coach.      Based on launch monitor numbers, my my face control and contact is better when I don't overswing.  As a result, trying to work on stopping my hand movement when my shoulders stop turning.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not happy would be an understatement…goes through the entire bag.  Have not been able to put a good round together in quite a while (if one end works, the other doesn’t).  Got into some bad habits and working to get the swing back together.  It is a challenge and extremely frustrating.  There have been some improvements but still have a ways to go before I would say I’m happy.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

In short, I am happier with my swing than I have ever been. But never happy with it. 

I have been working on a swing/methodology change for the last 14 months now and it has helped me with an overarching "theme" for my swing for lack of a better word and I can truly trace bad contact or results back to 3 things typically, which is great. I am playing the best sustained golf of my life and now my "bad" golf is what would have been "average" golf a year ago. 

If I were to nitpick, I wish my backswing was a little more upright and my tempo was a little more even but that is mostly cosmetic. I finally have the ballflight I chased for years (high draw) and now I lament that I can't really hit a fade on purpose anymore, haha.

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

While playing for over 50 years, my swing has changed or "transitioned" as I have gotten older.

Was similar to a Nick Price tempo previously, now much smoother transition to downswing, and yes, some distance loss as age has increased from my 30-40's.

But the new club technologies limit some of the distance loss, and still much longer than others in my age range so quite satisfied with that.

Iron play has always been a strong suit for me, and that has stayed true even as my swing tempo has gotten much smoother or similar to Ernie Els "big easy" swing tempo.

Being active and still physically fit due to my career and work type also prevents any aches and pains from playing.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to "Unboxing & Set-Up" post

I like my swing for 3 of the 4 aspects of my game. My putting stroke is fine. My short game is fine. My ball-striking has been serviceable all season. However, my driver swing has been maddeningly inconsistent this season. So much so, that I will be taking a lesson or 2 this off season. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :cameron-small: Special Select Del Mar

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

LORD   NO !!!!   and NO!   again NO ...... NOT HAPPY AT ALL!    putting .... always happy.  Everything else is a wreck at the moment.

It keeps me up at night, wakes me up if I doze off, and haunts me every time I try to sneak around it to play golf!

Other than that it's great!      Working on some new things which show promise, somehow (I actually know how - it was with good intentions) I got steep and long in my swing,  which looks like I'm trying to choke myself or sneak up behind myself during an action movie attack scene........ it is worthy of tears when I see it.  Oddly I've done ok with it but went to an instructor of high regard in the area for a quick 30 minute session.  So now working through that with surprisingly good promise!  Fortunately having tried a myriad of techniques along the years, it is right up the alley of a few prior iterations.  But - as we all know it takes time to evict the current tenants in our golf moves.

Little more standard plane and wider with trail arm.  On my own I realized I had to flare my rear foot to about 2:00 to allow for this, which likely lent to getting a bit bound up going back previously.  

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

I would go with a 7 out of 10. I am hitting my driver the best I have ever hit, my Iron play has become very consistent. What I am unhappy with is my chipping consistency and utilizing a hybrid or wood. I am very inconsistent with my hybrid and can't even hit a wood so working to get those consistently in my game.

Damien--Titleist & TaylorMade enthusiast. Bag is feeling betrayed with no TaylorMade items in it currently. Former College golfer.

image.png.d46e5ea58c55d6c5b02a89db1e501fe0.pngCallaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5 

image.png  Titleist 816 H1 Hybrid 19*

image.png.1bd1e1ee5179defcf5675fc4508a582b.png  Byrdie Golf Designs OG Collection Irons 4-PW 

image.png CG14 60 degree

image.png.968287d9caeb64893046ab6bd3357bf0.pngT22 Copper C Grind 56.06 Degree

Pinemeadow EGI Chipper

image.png Cleveland Cleveland Golf HB Soft Premier #10.5C OS 35"

image.png.13bdddbdaccc707e6f342d9f8e7bfe4e.png OnCore Vero X2 & X1 balls

Red Rooster Testing Review:

Titleist White Box Testing Review:

21 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Not happy would be an understatement…goes through the entire bag.  Have not been able to put a good round together in quite a while (if one end works, the other doesn’t).  Got into some bad habits and working to get the swing back together.  It is a challenge and extremely frustrating.  There have been some improvements but still have a ways to go before I would say I’m happy.

That's what makes golf the best and the worst sometimes. I have played the best round of my life and the next day gone to the range and hit absolutely nothing well or vice versa. Had an incredible range session and couldn't get a shot to save my life on the course. It's definitely more mental but I think biomechanics can change here and there without you realizing. 

Damien--Titleist & TaylorMade enthusiast. Bag is feeling betrayed with no TaylorMade items in it currently. Former College golfer.

image.png.d46e5ea58c55d6c5b02a89db1e501fe0.pngCallaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5 

image.png.1bd1e1ee5179defcf5675fc4508a582b.png  Byrdie Golf Designs OG Collection Irons 4-PW 

image.png CG14 60 degree

Pinemeadow EGI Chipper

On 9/25/2023 at 9:26 AM, EMacK1961 said:

After 16 spinal surgeries, I'm happy to just be swinging. But, in general, I'm happy with my swing. I workout religiously and as rigorously as I can. I dropped over 40lbs and that has helped my swing tremendously. I work with a coach (Bobby Lopez-Quick Fix Golf). He jokes that he can't fix swing problems, he can only put them into remission. Well he has done a great job with me. I would advise that a coach working with you is far better than trying whatever new Youtube tip is out there. IMHO

I am sorry to hear about all of the surgeries but glad you can still play! My dad was hit by a tow truck driver so I know the pain of spinal surgeries and we just played our first round together in 10+ years.

image.png CG14 60 degree

Pinemeadow EGI Chipper

I am happy with my swing but still want to improve. After taking a 11 year break from golf the past couple years have been a nice journey to get my game back. Since getting out of the industry and regaining my am status I have been thinking of doing a FSGA Sr Amateur  qualifier in a couple of years when I turn 55. Just need to get the game ready for it. 

The best thing that has worked for me it to only focus on one swing change until it becomes natural. This helps free my mind and keeps me focused during practice and play. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)

On 9/25/2023 at 11:02 AM, Jim Shaw said:

Gary Koch... wow... another level eh? yes great learning experiences and building relationships, pretty fun...Keep your eye on the Canadian National Men's senior next year, it is in Ontario, just a hop skip and jump from Florida lol... 

Interesting thought @Jim Shaw, the Canadian National Men's senior. There are direct flights to Ontario from Central Florida 🤣!