Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf bags- stand or cart, and why?

Rob Person

21 hours ago, Rob Person said:

As the topic suggests, do you use a stand bag or a cart bag? do you have a specific reason?

As i start diving deeper into the world of golf, I have noticed more and more of all the different bags I would probably like to own. I only have experience with my inherited 25 year old cart bag, and its got lots of pockets with ample space. Its in great shape too. But it is a tad heavier.

I have never walk played a course, and not sure if I ever will anytime soon.

My most recent obsession is with Ogio bags. There X top club divider is appealing , and the bags seem well constructed. 

Of course, before I get a new bag, I'd need a legitimate reason for buying one. (ie- new clubs!) 

Feel free to post pics of yours (or dont...lol)

For me, the answer is BOTH. I very rarely ride when I play golf (only at resort courses or places where a cart is mandatory, or if my knees, hips and back are really giving me trouble and the course is very hilly and/or really spread-out with long distances between greens and tees). However, with my battery-powered push cart, I often use a cart bag. However, when I am walking and carrying my bag, which is almost always in winter golf and when it’s soggy/muddy or if I am only playing 9 holes, it’s always the stand bag (and sometimes only 10 or 11 clubs) for me.

On my trips to England and Scotland, I always take a relatively lightweight stand bag to make carrying more manageable for my caddies.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

I've almost always had stand bags, however I'm looking to replace my current bag with something that'll work on my push cart way better than my current bag. I'm not a fan of the stand mechanism at all, which causes the bag to rotate on my push cart or even if I'm on a riding cart. It's annoying as heck. I do go to the range a lot, which is why I'd still prefer to be in a stand bag.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Cart bag for sure. I walk 95% of my rounds but I use a push cart. Current bag is not a brand one and my push cart is from Caddy Tec. Easy to push and all the space needed on the bag and my shoulders don't hurt at the end.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Great answers and reasons! I'm not seeing me as a walker in the foreseeable future , mainly because the courses around me encourage golf buggies (mainly for the $$$ I think) there is 1 course that I could get away with walking, but usually they only offered it early morning,  or late afternoon. And they charge 10 bucks less than with the cart.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

95% of my rounds are with a push cart and the other 5% are with a golf cart so a cart bag is my go to. Plenty of room for everything that I need from tees to balls to extra layers in the cooler months. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Stand bag. Mostly because I spend a fair amount of time at the practice ranges and I find cart bags to be cumbersome and a general pain in the ass. Stand bags do just fine in golf carts when I’m riding or in my push cart when I’m walking. But always, YMMV. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

I always use a cart bag. I hate carrying the bag because I ALWAYS have way too much superfluous stuff in there. I mean how many golf balls do you actually need for the round? I lost three today (don't ask) and I bet there are still 15 in the ball pocket. My MGI Zip Navigator hauls the thing around even when I go to the range. I just recently purchased this Ogio Silencer cart bag and boy is it nice. Lots of room and my clubs are quiet in there respective slots. 

https://www.ogio.com/golf/woode-silencer-cart-bag/spr5654149.html 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Stand bags are cute in my opinion . I had a friend just recently join a club and say “ I’m going to walk 9 “ . He went down 1 over on 2 , then back up 3 and got a cart . He isn’t 25 anymore .
I’ve tried both and always end up at some form of cart/staff bag . Here in eastern Va we can start our winter ish round with a frost delay and by the end of the round be above 50 degrees . Storage is king for me 

I have an OGIO bag called Range to cart . It has legs but also increased storage for cart use . 
I recently switched to a Ping cart bag for the putter well and storage .

Not loyal to one brand , I’ll use whatever works

My main bag is a cart bag since I either walk with my Nitron or ride a cart (most of my friends prefer to ride). I do have a lightweight stand bag by Sunday Golf. Its the Ryder and I use it mostly when I play the par-3 courses with my kids and I don't need to bring as many clubs. Both bags have a "cooler" compartment but I'm still dubious as to just how effective they are when it's 90+ out in the heat of summer.

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

I am 50/50 walking with a push cart and riding. 

I wanted a bag big enough to carry my clubs with all the crap associated with 15 full length slots and legs to stand on its own.

The only category that fits the bill are hybrid bags. There really needs to be a category for these on its own.

There are only a few that were in consideration which were:

PXG hybrid

Titleist Players 14hybrid 

Vessel players IV

Sun mountain c130s

Ogio WOODE 8

PXG - looked really nice and premium with price to match it. Things like the strap loops and pocket orientation and zippers were top notch. However bag only came in one color and just screamed pxg and was loud. Great if you want to tell everyone you rep pxg but not for me and dont like the 6 slots but the magnetic putter slot outside the bag is cool but I have a graphite putter shaft haha

Titleist - very solid overall its titleist so its going to be solid. There is nothing remarkable about it. Solid bag. Didnt really like the colors for the one I saw and kind of expensive for a non premium bag.

Vessel - There is nothing that hasnt been said about vessel and its bags. It just looks sexy af. And from people that had vessel the bags materials and look last with minor care. Def in terms of bag appeal and what sticks out its def this one. Their pocket structure are intelligent. Its well placed and have pockets with pockets that one would think why but its very functional. While it only has 14 full length dividers the clubs did not seem to get caught when trying out. Only caveat of a bag this nice is price obviously.

Sun mountain - Its a SM so you know what youre getting. They have been in the golf bag game a while. This is the first time I heard of a hybrid bag combining the classic C130 cart bag and fusing it with the 4.5 LS stand bag I suppose. Thinking it was a C130 with legs I was wrong. Its a different bag altogether. The overall shape especially on the top is much slimmer and thinner. This is the only ones that has 15 slots. Its not only to carry extra clubs messing around but for alignment sticks and orange ball club if that is what was assumed about carring more than 14 clubs. But the strap clips and quality was as expected. I was not too keen on the pockets overall. They were of nice quality with sturdy zipper pulls that were smooth but didnt like the poor excuse of a cooler pocket. Any bag that has a cooler pocket on the sides is going to be mediocre at best. I can barely get two cans with ice packs in there. But i can get over that. However the exclusion of a magnetic pocket in the middle is very dissatisfying. The C130 has a middle magnetic pocket there is no reason that this one shouldnt. Pretty annoying to find out.

Ogio - The woode system is intriguing and all and had a woode stand bag back in the day. But upon inspecting the woode system on the hybrid bag really can contain one club per slot. So having only 14 total and being restricted to having one club per slot, right away this was not even considered. Nice bag overall tho. 

Unfortunately there is no perfect bag that had what I needed. If there was i would of bit the bullet and paid however much it was. I had to live with some of my negative drawbacks about each one. Therefore my decision goes to best bang for buck and went with the sun mountain 130s as i got it for ~$180 brand new. If the vessel had a sale or jumped on one during black friday it may have been my gamer as well. 

Overall been pleased with the bag. Its functional and does what I need. Like having all the storage with legs for times at the range or just placing down after. Living with the drawbacks it has but its really nit picking. Its light enough for me to carry playing executive courses so it really is a hybrid in that sense. The clip system for the strap can also handle a dual strap if you can find one that would fit its clips.

Anyone that has the same criteria as me I would recommend this one as well since these can be had for a good price. 

Driver: default_callaway-small.jpg Ai Smoke 💠💠💠 9* :accra: TZ6 65 M5 45.75”

FW:  default_taylormade-small.jpg BRNR mini Driver 13.5* :projectx: Hzrdus Blue 70g 6.5 tipped 1"

Utility:  default_callaway-small.jpg UW 21* :projectx: Hzrdus black 80g 6.5

Irons : default_srixon-small.jpg ZX Utility 4 23* MCA Diamana Thump 100x

default_srixon-small.jpgZ785 5-PW Nippon Modus 120x💠

Wedges: default_callaway-small.jpg TCB AW 50* Nippon Modus 120x

:cleveland-small: zipcore 55* DG Wedge Spinner

default_vokey-small.gif Vokey Wedgeworks T grind 60* :kbs: REV 2.0

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa 3T :garsen:

:bettinardi-1: BB8W MCA MMT Putter shaft

Well thought out!  I agree, vessel bags are pure 🔥

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

I currently have this Taylormade lightweight stand bag. It was a work anniversary gift (only golf related choice in the catalogue I liked the look of and had a need for!). I like it, but I plan on eventually buying a hybrid stand-cart bag. I really like the position it fills size wise and features. I like to have the stand legs at the range, but if I'm walking I'll use my Bag Boy Nitron push cart (pictured) due to lower back issues.

A little extra storage would be nice occasionally and a drinks cooler pocket would be fantastic in summer! In terms of club slots, I'd like something that works better with jumbo and oversize grips. I currently have midsize wedge and iron grips, but hybrid is jumbo and woods are heading down the Jumbomax grip route (driver has a 'small' Jumbomax grip I have been trialling and- so far- loving).

TL/DR: If you're not going to carry and walk courses all the time, a hybrid bag might be a great option to investigate.

IMG_1630 (1).jpeg

IMG_7932.jpeg

Edited by Indy_Oz

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

I have 2, a 2019 Wilson Pro Tour Staff bag I picked up for nearly nothing, and a Cobra Ultralight Pro+ Stand Bag. 

The staff bag doesn't get taken out too much, mostly use it with my push cart when my knee is really playing up, I've got a Clicgear 8.0 with a seat that helps a lot with that. Generally just use the Cobra bag for the most part though, and my clubs get stored in the staff bag in my office.

20220118_113039.jpg.d4450413b7f8e03d22159ea15de3e98d.jpg

20230509_1348332.jpg.fbce84710bc0c537318134f2c8341672.jpg

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Talking to a friend today, and he got a BigMax Drilite hybrid bag for Xmas. The pics he showed me were pretty nice. He's a 50/50  pushcart/golfcart person as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

My next bag potentially could be a hybrid. One with the benefits of a cart bag (lots of dividers, ample pockets, etc) and the legs. I'm pretty sure I won't be carry walking courses, and if I do ever walk, it will be with a push cart.

As a few people have mentioned, I have both.  Before I moved to Key West, I walked 95% of the time and went through just about every type of stand bag there was.  Today, 95% of the time I'm playing at my home course that puts a lot of restrictions on walking, so I need to ride.  Early last year I purchased a Ping Pioneer cart bag and love it.   Plenty of storage, a variety of pockets (velour lined, cooler, magnet latched, etc.) and 15 full length dividers to manage clubs.  

But it's too big to realistically travel with given the size of my trusted 30 plus year old Club Glove travel cover. 

So, I also have two carry/stand bags for when I travel.  Both are Jones stand bags. 

MGSbagfront.jpg.c40ce4ed1f009d6b664ae96ecdccab28.jpg  MGSbagside.jpg.436507496db1f33b1912b5a8963f1f47.jpg

I have a 25 year old small Jones golf bag (on the left) that was a gift after being the President of an international technical society.  It's personalized and will never let it out of my sight.  I also purchased one of last year's Jones' MGS customized Trouper golf bags that is slightly larger than my previous Jones bag.  Those two will be kept for travel or for the unusual event that I walk (with a pushcart) at my home course.   

Overall, having both a cart and stand bag helps give me the flexibility I need.

Edited by Golf2Much
add photos
Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

Cart bags for me because the stand bags just don't fit right on my electric CaddyTek push cart.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

22 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

As a few people have mentioned, I have both.  Before I moved to Key West, I walked 95% of the time and went through just about every type of stand bag there was.  Today, 95% of the time I'm playing at my home course that puts a lot of restrictions on walking, so I need to ride.  Early last year I purchased a Ping Pioneer cart bag and love it.   Plenty of storage, a variety of pockets (velour lined, cooler, magnet latched, etc.) and 15 full length dividers to manage clubs.  

But it's too big to realistically travel with given the size of my trusted 30 plus year old Club Glove travel cover. 

So, I also have two carry/stand bags for when I travel.  Both are Jones stand bags. 

MGSbagfront.jpg.c40ce4ed1f009d6b664ae96ecdccab28.jpg  MGSbagside.jpg.436507496db1f33b1912b5a8963f1f47.jpg

I have a 25 year old small Jones golf bag (on the left) that was a gift after being the President of an international technical society.  It's personalized and will never let it out of my sight.  I also purchased one of last year's Jones' MGS customized Trouper golf bags that is slightly larger than my previous Jones bag.  Those two will be kept for travel or for the unusual event that I walk (with a pushcart) at my home course.   

The bag on the left is a Jones Classic stand. I am big on Jones bags mainly because they are durable and not mainstream. I have the non stand version of it. I bought it used some 10 years ago and it still holds up. Now I ride all the time because of injury. I just switched back to the Jones from my old school Burton mini staff. The only time I walk is on the little Par3 with my wife and there I use my vintage Hoofer. It carries well for me with my bad back usually carrying 7 clubs 3 for me and 4 for her. I will admit I am a bag ho and change around quite a bit. I am seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on a new Jones Classic stand this year. Even riding I do not carry much stuff like others do so the Jones is fine.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 1/12/2024 at 8:37 AM, Golf2Much said:

Next Spy Jones bag purchase I’m all in. Those are sharp. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

12 hours ago, Preeway said:

Next Spy Jones bag purchase I’m all in. Those are sharp. 

I missed out on the initial promotion but caught the second one mid last year.  They are a very nice bag and the customization makes them very unique!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

• 1 month later...

Reading this thread made me want a new stand bag. Went to the buyers guide portion of MGS to only see the 2023 best of...which released in February of 2023. 2022 also released in February.

Hopefully they are still doing one this year and it's just a few weeks late. Don't typically make purchases without the MGS Buyers Guides.

*insert WITB here*

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this email, and here is another one with the MGS tag!

Sunday golf have not released it as its pre- order only right now...but it looks to be a full size cart bag!

Screenshot_20240328_174453_Gmail.jpg.73d2b6d850f8190bc09ada0c25cd969e.jpg

I have a couple of both. But typically use my stand bags.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I typically use a cart bag on my Motocaddy M7 but having bought the MGS Ghost bag that will be my gamer once it arrives

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

My bag is a hybrid. It's the Sun Mountain C-130S. It's a cart bag with legs. I carry a lot of stuff in my bag, so I like the size and storage of a cart bag. I also like the legs to keep my bag from falling over at the driving range. Another bonus is that the strap is on the correct side to carry the bag without my clubs flipping around. When I used a regular cart bag, I never used the carry strap. Even on the occasional long trek across the parking lot, I would just carry it in one hand. That sucks. Putting the strap on the wrong side of the bag makes it look like an afterthought and makes no sense. It's a very well made bag and has a 14 way top plus an additional putter well.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen6 TT Riptide CB 60 s

3 Wood: Ping G430 max Alta CB 65 s

Hybrids: Ping G430 19, 22, 26 Alta CB 70 s

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 forged 6-Gap TT DG 105 s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 54, 58 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron SS Golo 6.5

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130S

Electronics: Bushnell Tour V6 shift, Golf Buddy aim 11  

On 12/19/2023 at 4:36 PM, Rob Person said:

As the topic suggests, do you use a stand bag or a cart bag? do you have a specific reason?

As i start diving deeper into the world of golf, I have noticed more and more of all the different bags I would probably like to own. I only have experience with my inherited 25 year old cart bag, and its got lots of pockets with ample space. Its in great shape too. But it is a tad heavier.

I have never walk played a course, and not sure if I ever will anytime soon.

My most recent obsession is with Ogio bags. There X top club divider is appealing , and the bags seem well constructed. 

Of course, before I get a new bag, I'd need a legitimate reason for buying one. (ie- new clubs!) 

Feel free to post pics of yours (or dont...lol)

I have a SM C150 for when I ride. A SM Speedcart bag for my Alphard V2/pushcart combo. I also have Ping Hoofer and a Titleist LinksMaster which I won. All of the bags are fully "packed", so I just have to transfer clubs when I switch bags-no biggie.

I used to walk and carry all the time, but now the Ping is just used for going to a simulator or if I'm playing a round with a caddy. 

If I had t o choose just one, I would get a larger 14way stand bag.

The LinksMaster is my most recent acquisition, and I used it a couple of times on a cart and to a sim. I may have to do a post on how I begged for that bag.  

If you know, you know!  🙂

Edited by "Mr. 72"

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

Of late mostly cart bag. Vessel LUX cart bag. Amazing organization. I love my stand bag, but on the cart I don't like the presentation of the clubs. The short irons are difficult to get to when I use it on the cart. The cart bag presents the clubs with the longest toward the back. 

I use a stand bag most of the year and enjoy walking.  However, in NC we play through the winter with one of my groups (they mostly ride), and we start early (as soon as the frost is off the ground).  The temps start 34-40 degrees in the morning, and end up 60 by noon to 1pm.  If riding on those days I'll take a cart bag because of all the junk I have to carry around (clothes, handmuff, scotch, etc.).  Also take a cart bag if we're expecting rain.  Cart bags and tour bags look ridiculous to me (just my opinion though).

Taylormade P790 P-5 / Vokey 50, 54, 58, 62 / Callaway sub-zero driver 8degree / Taylormade 3-wood / Callaway 3-hybrid / Taylormade spider X putter