Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Opinions Needed! Sun Day Red

Done!

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Is there an official explanation why Sunday is two words?

The logo smells of a now older guy trying to stay relevant with a younger generation. 

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

1 minute ago, Fongle said:

The Taylormade CEO rattled off some nonsense about the "rule of 3's" and it being “Born from a love for being outside in the sun, the joy of playing golf during the day, and a special red being the brand’s power color "

Honestly sounds like contrived tripe to me. That space in the word has possibly cut the initial sales targets in half at least, because everywhere I see people talking about it, people hate it, myself included. Also, the logo looks like a bad Tiger-themed knockoff of Greg's shark logo to me.

AKA Dark Horse

State of my game:  "Breaking 85" is the new "Breaking 80".

17 minutes ago, "Mr. 72" said:

The logo smells of a now older guy trying to stay relevant with a younger generation. 

Most likely for branding, patent and trademark reasons. Fairly certain you can’t patent Sunday. 

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

unless el Tigre can play 4 rounds at Augusta before May scheduled distribution of SDR, the marketing of the line will be fatally compromised. One appearance at Players, where making the cut would be a monumental shift in form for Eldridge, 6 weeks ahead of launch will not be enough to move premium pieces without huge advertising bridge to carry momentum into when the public can lay down their money. And that expenditure would doom the line to years of losses. Best thing TM can do is sign Rory to carry the exposure load and hope Tiger as an ambassador is enough. 

Tony Penna Putter

Akira 58 wedge, orig graphite stiff for irons

PRGR ID Nabla forged tour irons 5-P weak

Adams 5 hybrid UST Proforce Hybrid Stiff

Callaway UW17,19 Hazardous Smoke RDX S

PXG Gen 5 0311 10.5, Hazardous Smoke RDX 

As someone coming from always enjoying Nike and tiger woods stuff, seeing the sun day red stuff so far is “meh” for me.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

To me the logo could have been given a little more thought. There is nothing wrong in the tiger part, sun day red just doesn't sound right.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

Underwhelming.  Given the calibre of Tiger in his heyday, and the perfectionist that he is, I expected something more bold and interesting, I find it just underwhelming, at the expected price point I will not buy it.  I was trying to place the Tiger(ish) logo, but someone here has hit it - looks like the Greg Norman shark to me.  If Tiger cannot get his health stepped up to play and win a few more times, I think the younger generation will pass it by soon enough, given that he is already relatively far behind in the rear view mirror now versus others on tour.  On the Sun Day part, I found it a play on words that didn't really work for me nor the explanation of the brand as to why it is like this with the 3's.  I don't need complex clothing messages, give me very functional and comfortable as a brand at a reasonable (not necessarily cheap) price point, and I am very happy.  This  is over engineered to some extent with messaging trying to convey something that we are not that interested in. It could have been Red Sunday Golf and the message would have made more sense to me. 

Edited by Julius

image.png.b89fa684b54b186f20c376e6af43ac1d.png 425's- 5i to PW, UW

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  G400 Driver, G425 3W, G425 7W, G425 3H

image.png.cf53a065a6e348c87221c4bf13510375.png 56 degree Hi-Toe wedge

image.png.4462ac5ffcc9491d68e78951b3a1a587.png  Glide 60 degree 

image.png.d4990c8d6330ecc392d9a5124b26165a.png Evnroll ER3

I don’t mind the logo, and I like the redesigns of classic tiger looks through the years. Really liked Tigers striped polo at Riv for example. Logo/looks wise there are far more offensive/boring golf brands out there.

The name is a little clunky however.

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

There are so many golf apparel brands out there that it’s hard to rate them! However I’ve been following Tiger my whole life, as many have, but I never once wanted to buy a Nike piece of clothing just because they signed Tiger! I love the man not the clothes! But now that he has a line he built (please correct me if that’s incorrect) It speaks to me more! Now I love the clothes made by the man! Nike put their symbol on Tiger, and now Tiger(TM) puts his symbol on Tiger which has a higher impact on me when I’m looking at the clothes I wear! But time will tell! As for Sun Day Red it’s whatever to me ! Shoot I’ve seen guys wearing doughnuts and cats with lasers and ducks doing the nasty on the golf course! It’s just a name! Interpretation can be what ever I see S D R I see Son Dad Redemption!

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

1 hour ago, "Mr. 72" said:

It smells like a marketing firm that didn't think they would get paid if they were honest and told him "Tiger" should be the name of the line and the logo.

2016 M1 10.5 Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 3W Aldila RIP Stiff
Callaway X2Hot 19° Matrix Radix S7 Stiff 
Ping i25 4i-PW KBS Stiff (soft-stepped)
Titleist SM7 52 8° F Stiff
Titleist SM7 56 8° M Stiff
Titleist SM7 60 4° L Stiff
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 34" Superstroke Flatso 2.0
Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips
Snell MTB Red (Optic Yellow)
Powerbilt TPS Cabretta Tour Glove
Callaway RAZR Laser

The logo looks like fish bones.  Pass.  

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

14 minutes ago, bumpandrun said:

It smells like a marketing firm that didn't think they would get paid if they were honest and told him "Tiger" should be the name of the line and the logo.

Sunday red is already trademarked 

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip

32 minutes ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

There are so many golf apparel brands out there that it’s hard to rate them! However I’ve been following Tiger my whole life, as many have, but I never once wanted to buy a Nike piece of clothing just because they signed Tiger! I love the man not the clothes! But now that he has a line he built (please correct me if that’s incorrect) It speaks to me more! Now I love the clothes made by the man! Nike put their symbol on Tiger, and now Tiger(TM) puts his symbol on Tiger which has a higher impact on me when I’m looking at the clothes I wear! But time will tell! As for Sun Day Red it’s whatever to me ! Shoot I’ve seen guys wearing doughnuts and cats with lasers and ducks doing the nasty on the golf course! It’s just a name! Interpretation can be what ever I see S D R I see Son Dad Redemption!

Well said. His brand JUST launched, give it a chance to evolve and make mistakes just as other brands have. 

Done! The clothing line looks good, but HATE the logo.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

UNIQUE....    probably the best word I could use...   not a fan of the logo..    Name is okay and relates specifically to Tiger.    Logo's seem to drive sales, so I'm not sure if his association with the brand will overcome a less than attractive logo (IMHO).   

14 minutes ago, Domino1 said:

My reaction is "meh" . The tiger striped image is missing something but I don't know what.

A flaming car in the background….. to far hmm maybe a silhouette of him riding it

8 minutes ago, golffun said:

UNIQUE....    probably the best word I could use...   not a fan of the logo..    Name is okay and relates specifically to Tiger.    Logo's seem to drive sales, so I'm not sure if his association with the brand will overcome a less than attractive logo (IMHO).   

Man idk the Tiger looked good on the cashmere sweater! Simplistic! 

I think they tried to get too cute with the logo and brand name.   The logo itself looks too complicated and for people with OCD, it might hurt their brains!  What if he wins another major and they have to add another rib on the logo?  Do they have to re-register everything?  Does it make the previous merchandise obsolete?

There's certainly precedence with a golfer winning a major prompting a demand for certain items.  The obvious is Jack Nicklaus using the McGregor Response ZT putter to win the 1986 Masters.  The company projected annual sales of 6000 putters.  By noon the Monday after the 1986 Masters McGregor had orders for 5000.  By the end of 1987 they had sold 350,000!

Though there may be an initial demand because it's new and it's Tiger (heaven knows there's a segment of golfers with too much discretionary money), if the merchandise price point is too high, I don't see the average golfer or even fans ponying up big bucks. 

Jack's putter may help you sink a few more putts, but wearing a Tiger shirt is not going to improve your game.  Then again, like in the old SNL Fernando's Hideway sketch, it's much better to look good than to play good.  Any you look mahvelous!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

TM exec said Sun Day split because not every day is Sunday but we all want days that are sunny. It think it’s because you can’t trademark common words or combinations. Has to be unique to be granted by Patent and Trademark Office.

IMO (being in the design, branding and marketing biz for 4 decades), line should have been named Red Sun Day. Red sunrise would have been a better, more aspirational logo. As it is, the logo’s broken lines have too many broken lines, like Tiger’s broken too many times. And FFS, the logo needs to be in red on every item. Somebody at TM really messed that up 

Tony Penna Putter

Akira 58 wedge, orig graphite stiff for irons

PRGR ID Nabla forged tour irons 5-P weak

Adams 5 hybrid UST Proforce Hybrid Stiff

Callaway UW17,19 Hazardous Smoke RDX S

PXG Gen 5 0311 10.5, Hazardous Smoke RDX 

I dunno. It’s not for me, I know that. I haven’t seen any promotions or ads or marketing strategy in general, but I think if they really want to do it, they should lean into Tiger’s glory days and position Tiger to be a kind of elder statesman. After all, I think he can easily take credit for golf being what it is today.

Back in the 90s he inspired my co-worker to push out his own golf clothing line that was targeted at the youth were coming into the sport because of Tiger Woods. It was a tough sell at the time because back then golf courses were pretty stodgy.

Now the face of golf and golf fashion has changed largely because of that youth growing up and inspiring the next generation of young adults and teens to join the sport. I’d bet lots of them say that they want to be the next Tiger Woods, not Rory McIlroy or Brooks Koepka or Jon Rahm or whoever. 

I don’t know who the target market is for this line of clothing, but if I had to guess, it’s guys mid 30s to mid 50s who grew up watching Tiger. Make Tiger the godfather of today’s golf, and maybe they’re the ones who’ll buy into his fashion line, because nostalgia.

Edited by berkeleybob

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S