Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd You Dress?

The Dansome

• SPY VIP

So thanks to BK (such a genius why didn't I think of this?) for the idea in my Frugal Golf Fashion thread. We have a How'd You Play thread started by Rookie, so why not a thread dedicated to what you wore?

So here it is. Every round you play snap a pic and post it here.

Welcome to the "How'd You Dress?" Thread

I'll kick us off with a video because I don't have a pic from Saturday.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Suddenly I feel like I need to post a pic...

It's freaking hot here today...

UA Catalyst shirt

Switch Belt

Nike Dri-Fit Shorts

Ashworth Cardiff Shoes

image.jpg

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

This so calls for the whole pic

attachicon.gifCloudSix-rp-luthor-rr-supes.jpg

Thanks for the nightmares you have undoubtedly just gave me

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I stopped by a local thrift store Saturday to buy a toaster and ironing board for my college son and my kid called me over to the shoes. There he pointed to a whole rack of golf shoes in my size 11-11.5! I counted 7 pairs and I bought the best four that were all virtually new. FJ, Callaway, Dexter and Dunlop. $8 each.

At this point I knew what had happened. Some old guy had died and his wife had donated all his stuff. So the kid and I split up looking for his clothes and gear. All I found was his Hogan Apex E wedge, the other clubs were gone, but we found a buttload of Ashworth, Norman, & Ping shirts all new and with logos like Kapalua, Cabo del Sol and Arizona Biltmore. We even found his country club blazer & sweater vest. All immaculate. I'll bet his wife Mabel couldn't wait to throw. them out.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

I stopped by a local thrift store Saturday to buy a toaster and ironing board for my college son and my kid called me over to the shoes. There he pointed to a whole rack of golf shoes in my size 11-11.5! I counted 7 pairs and I bought the best four that were all virtually new. FJ, Callaway, Dexter and Dunlop. $8 each.

At this point I knew what had happened. Some old guy had died and his wife had donated all his stuff. So the kid and I split up looking for his clothes and gear. All I found was his Hogan Apex E wedge, the other clubs were gone, but we found a buttload of Ashworth, Norman, & Ping shirts all new and with logos like Kapalua, Cabo del Sol and Arizona Biltmore. We even found his country club blazer & sweater vest. All immaculate. I'll bet his wife Mabel couldn't wait to throw. them out.

I do that quite a bit but my sizes are hard to find ( 4x long why do you think they call me "Big Stu" ?) But when I do find them I go for it. We have a couple of outlet stores that have big stuff new and cheap and lately I picked up quite a few PGA Tour brand shirts for $10 each. But I do thrift store hunt quite a bit. One time I found a bunch of Bobby Chan shirts for $3 a piece but they did not even come near fitting me but I bought them for $3 anyhow and sold them for $10 each. Sometimes I do hit the jackpot at the thrifts some big guy has donated  and I do capitaalize on that

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This so calls for the whole pic

attachicon.gifCloudSix-rp-luthor-rr-supes.jpg

LOL I swear to you that Superman in that picture looks just like a cabdriver I know in Myrtle Beach no joke I had to look twice at that

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Since it was not a sanctioned round of golf by the Mrs. I dressed quietly and slowly in the dark so she would not catch me running out the door at 5:30 AM.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Since it was not a sanctioned round of golf by the Mrs. I dressed quietly and slowly in the dark so she would not catch me running out the door at 5:30 AM.

So glad I'm not alone!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

+1

I actually wore my full contest outfit right down to the true links wear shoes at TPC. I hadn't worn that combo for a while.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

You are not alone!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ha!

I usually keep golf clothes in the car if there's a chance that I'm going full Mission Impossible NOC!

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Archived