Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Kohler

DaveP043

As part of a trip to visit my alma mater, Michigan Tech in Houghton MI, I've made plans for my wife and I to stay at the Inn at Woodlake in Kohler, and to play at Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run.  I know a few of you have been there before, so I'm looking for any advice you might want to give.  The golf arrangements are set, but suggestions for sightseeing in the area, restaurants outside of the resort, that kind of thing, would be greeatly appreciated.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

• 2 weeks later...

Got to see the toilet museum.  Actually quite interesting, but best part is being able to say you saw it.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

• 6 months later...

Well I survived my trip to Wisconsin and Michigan, and had a great time.  Kohler was brilliant, we played the Straits as well as both courses at Blackwolf Run.  The course conditions were outstanding, the weather was much nicer than we expected, and all the people were friendly.  We ate mostly on-property, but did have a nice italian meal near the waterfront in Sheboygan.  We also played the Portage Lake course in Houghton, MI, where I had played through my college years.  I'll try to post a photo or two when I get a chance.  Oh, we did spend most of an hour in Koher's Design Center, its amazing how inventive (and expensive) bathrooms and kitchens can be.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Its a shame I didnt see this thread before you went, I would have suggested the Harley-Davidson hall of fame and the Pabst brewery in Milwaukee.  Both are very cool if youre into those kinds of things.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Man, I was so confused at first. I thought you were visiting Terry Koehler.

-Justin-

@jdiddyesquire

Driver -    :adams-small: Speedline Super LS 9.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3 X stiff
3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tou
r 13*, Aldila NV Protopype 80X

Irons -   :taylormade-small:  3-PW rac LT, KBS Tour X
Wedges -   :mizuno-small:
 MP-T4, 50.6, 56.14, 60.5
Putter - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie

Bag: Daltrek Carry-Lite Stand Bag

Shoes:   :nike-small: Lunar Swingtip Suede

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Badger, we had plenty to do while we were in Milwaukee.  We had tickets to see the Brewers play my Washington Nationals, and lots of eating and drinking to do on the way.  We did get to the Lakefront Brewery for the Friday Fish Fry, complete with polka band.  

Jdiddy, the only Kohler I know by name is Herb, and apparently I've made him just that tiny bit richer with the money I left behind at his resort.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

What a great trip! I've been to Kohler about half a dozen times and LOVE it up there! I prefer the River Course over all others, but that's just me. I'll be up there again Labor Day weekend for a wedding at Whistling Straits. Should be pretty cool. We'll be playing that next day too so even better! Wife will be enjoying the spa, first time she'll be up there with me, so that should be interesting... means we'll be doing things I've never thought of doing!

sounded like a great trip !  lets see some picks....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

What a great trip! I've been to Kohler about half a dozen times and LOVE it up there! I prefer the River Course over all others, but that's just me. I'll be up there again Labor Day weekend for a wedding at Whistling Straits. Should be pretty cool. We'll be playing that next day too so even better! Wife will be enjoying the spa, first time she'll be up there with me, so that should be interesting... means we'll be doing things I've never thought of doing!

I hear you.  I grew up in Wisconsin and I met my wife when she was living in Madison for work.  Theres a lot of things that she wanted to see and do that I honestly never even knew were there and she really gave me an appreciation of the natural beauty of the area.  I guess when you grow up in a place, you kind of take it for granted and dont realize that not everywhere has what you are used to having.  Now that I live in Ohio, I really miss the lakes.  Sure, we have Lake Erie but its not the same as the 15,000+ lakes that Wisconsin has.

Now, Im looking forward to someday when we have kids and doing trips back home so that I can share with the next generation some of the things that I grew up with.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

One of our better players got the opportunity to play Whistling Straits a couple weeks ago, but forgot to take a decent jacket.....came back sick for a week.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived