Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Favorite beer for the course?

kfilly20

Bloody Fosters is like drinking stale creek water Undershooter bleeeeaaaaahh! :mad:

I've actually never met an Australian who liked fosters.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I like a light beer on the course, so I drink Miller Lite........a lot of them.  I'm pretty sure out in Cali last year, High Fade made a deal with Dru to keep feeding me Miller Lites, so that he could be me.  One of the courses here has $1 Keystone drafts, so I'll drink a couple of those after the round.  Only craft beer at home though, from one of the local breweries.

This thread reminds me, I need to get a couple of airplane bottles of Patron to shoot in the parking lot, before my qualifying round on the 18th.........takes the nerves right off.

Now you are sounding like John Daly!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I've actually never met an Australian who liked fosters.

someone once told me, Foster's is Australian for Bud.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Ha ha Fosters that's really just made for 16 year olds isn't it? Never liked Bud - ghastly stuff.

Lager of choice is currently Estrella; from Barcelona. Proper nice beer that, or if space in the bag is at a premium then some cans of Heineken.

Might sometimes have ale but it doesn't feel quite right on the course.

Mind you sometimes I've been known to take a bottle of gin, some tonic and a lemon out on the course.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Ha ha Fosters that's really just made for 16 year olds isn't it? Never liked Bud - ghastly stuff.

Lager of choice is currently Estrella; from Barcelona. Proper nice beer that, or if space in the bag is at a premium then some cans of Heineken.

Might sometimes have ale but it doesn't feel quite right on the course.

Mind you sometimes I've been known to take a bottle of gin, some tonic and a lemon out on the course.

Agree about Bud.  Gives me a headache... unless you are talking about Budweiser Budvar brewed in the Czech Republic.  Love Budvar.  Too bad we can't get that here in the States!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Estrella?  Sounds like a star performer to me. :)

I'm going to have a scotch when I get home today but not on the golf course even though I took a co-worker on a tour of my club's course today.  We had lunch and did our planning for the upcoming year's Weds evening program at the restaurant.  Very nice, very reasonable actually, we did not have a beer or anything else because I'm meeting with a couple for premarital counseling in a bit.

The reason for the scotch is that my day started holding the hand of a dear parishioner who was in the process of going to heaven.  He was a retired pastor and 30 plus year's sober AA guy, great guy, he was responsible for me being called to my current church.  I'm going home and raising a glass to him and after all this time he will toast with me.  To you brother Warren!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Not a beer drinker by nature. Can't really stand the taste- teased a lot by buddies when i order ciders instead haha. BUT on a hot day I will drink the cornbread water that is bud/coors light.

personally prefer a smidge of rumplemintz and goldschlagger and jagermeister (spelling?). Warm you right up in the winter.

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Rev

One of the great things about the UK, we get booze from round the world and pay no real premium for it. So for no more money than we spend on French or Belgian beer then we can try Spanish, Italian, Australian, Japanese..... Half our pubs seem to be fill of American craft beer at the moment.

Always something new to try

Currently pint bottles of estrella cost about 3 bucks - so one or two go in the bag.

But for the 9 months of the year it's not warm I'll keep a little flask of bushmills in the bag

image.jpg

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I'm going to have a scotch when I get home today 

The reason for the scotch is that my day started holding the hand of a dear parishioner who was in the process of going to heaven.  He was a retired pastor and 30 plus year's sober AA guy, great guy, he was responsible for me being called to my current church.  I'm going home and raising a glass to him and after all this time he will toast with me.  To you brother Warren!

I am sorry for your loss, Rev.  It is always a peaceful thing when a pastor has finished his work and moves on to his rewards.  He left this earth knowing that you would be there to continue this great work.  Thanks for sharing Rev.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks Foz - great guy.

@ Westy doesn't Estrella mean star in Spanish?  I lived in Madrid while my mother was a Grad student there back in the late 60's but I will confess that my Spanish is rusty now. :)  I've actually played golf in Spain.  In fact I broke 100 for the first time at a resort on the Costa Del Sol.  I was 13, with a caddy shack swing and look for sure.  I'd love to know what my caddy (who looked like a goat herder and smelled like one too, really thought of me.)  I recall that I rifled a driver over the dog leg on 1, hit a 7 iron to 14 ft and then four jacked for double.  I shot in the low 50's on the front but came back in 47.  I was so excited that I enjoyed a Sangria after the round with my playing partner and he raved to my parents about my ball striking ability (nothing was said about the putting.)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I used to drink in college on the course, but got way too hungover after a hot round. Now I pack a few water bottles. (evidently the courses around here say it's illegal to serve water from the jugs.) Free beers on the course are usually Bud light or bud heavy, so that's probably what I am used to drinking.

I'm more of a 19th hole guy, where I'll stop for a beer after the round. courses around here don't have a lot of beer selection so it's usually to my house where there's a few stray beers around.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Rev

One of the great things about the UK, we get booze from round the world and pay no real premium for it. So for no more money than we spend on French or Belgian beer then we can try Spanish, Italian, Australian, Japanese..... Half our pubs seem to be fill of American craft beer at the moment.

Always something new to try

Currently pint bottles of estrella cost about 3 bucks - so one or two go in the bag.

But for the 9 months of the year it's not warm I'll keep a little flask of bushmills in the bag

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm still looking for that Oyster Stout. Nothing around here and certainly not on a golf course!

Oyster stouts no good for the course, it needs to be poured.

Some beer is good out of a bottle, but stout for me needs to be in a glass.

My guess is ale from the UK wouldn't travel well all the way to the states - lager is different, but ale for me doesn't travel well.

If you can get Spanish lager though, or Italian Peroni then that's some good drinking on the golf course or anywhere else.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Yup

LS.jpg

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

Oyster stouts no good for the course, it needs to be poured.

Some beer is good out of a bottle, but stout for me needs to be in a glass.

My guess is ale from the UK wouldn't travel well all the way to the states - lager is different, but ale for me doesn't travel well.

If you can get Spanish lager though, or Italian Peroni then that's some good drinking on the golf course or anywhere else.

I really wasn't thinking about the Oyster Stout on the course. I'm still looking for it period! We have lots of craft beer and ales in the area, but I have yet to find that one to try. I agree about the glass.

Had a very good chocolate porter a few weeks back, somewhere between stout and ale but with chocolate in the brewing process. Strong though, 6% alcohol means it's a home drink only.

Guinness are also doing some different recipes at the moment, a Dublin Porter and a Jamaican Porter. The Dublin is ok, but the Jamaican is flipping lovely.

I have my doubts you'll find oyster stout outside the UK, it's a very old recipe and there's only two I've ever found over here and one of those is a local brewery. Marstons make it, they are quite big but I doubt they export to the states.

now beer is great for golf, cider may be even better....

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

I had a double Laphroid on the course Sunday. Does that count?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Out late last night and what was in the fridge of the bar?

So in honour of Jkitt I thought I'd best have one....

image.jpg

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Archived