Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Have You Bought Lately? (CHA - Club Ho's Anonymous)

hckymeyer

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Yeah, honestly I would have still chosen the smoker. I got a lot of good meals out of that bad boy. 

It’s the one avenue of cooking I have not gone down yet and desperately want to

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I highly recommend doing it. Highly. You won't regret it and it's so fun experimenting with different meats, woods, and even side dishes. Smoked Mac and cheese is the bomb.

7 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I highly recommend doing it. Highly. You won't regret it and it's so fun experimenting with different meats, woods, and even side dishes. Smoked Mac and cheese is the bomb.

My brothers and I have talked about splitting one. None of us would use it enough to justify but the 3 of us would lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

On 12/1/2022 at 5:42 PM, Grand Stranded said:

Anyway, did you go lighter, or heavier, and what did the weights cost?

Work has been nuts lately - sorry it took so long to get back.

I went with heavier weights.  My putter is a 34" and had 15g weights in it.  I went to 30g and what a difference.  It feels much more balanced in my hands now and I know some of it is the honeymoon phase, but my overall stroke just feels easier too.  

I have an older Scotty pro platinum newport 2 as well, but I don't see it coming back in the bag.  I get the great feel of that with the 5.5, but also the added alignment aid which just puts it over the top.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

On 12/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, KC Golf said:

need to upgrade my Mother in Law! 🤣  Or I need to teach her to appreciate golf! 😂

Hahah - I misspoke, it's actually my grandmother in law, but still the same gist.  

She usually has no idea what to get me, but allows $100 limit, so when I'm not forced into a joint gift with the wife - it's always been a club or something golf related lol

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

21 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got a smoker at 5 years, a knife set at 10, and if Pro V's had been an option I probably would have chose them. 

indiana-you-have-chosen-wisely.gif.4276349827ecc4629e9131d7e92abbaf.gif

😂

21 hours ago, Lacassem said:

You had me at smoker 🤤

.. where's @tommc23 .. he's a smoked meat maestro!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

K .. don't knock me out of this thread 😉 .. buuuut .. am exercising atypical restraint after looking at a set of "Like New" irons on CPO that I kinda like the look of .. and with a nice shaft that would work well for me .. at UNDER $400 (with a -20% sale)...

Promised myself I'd go for an official fitting before commiting $$ to new irons .. ie. making sure that they're better enough vs what I have now.

...and yeah I really should unsubscribe from those promo emails!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

25 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

😂

.. where's @tommc23 .. he's a smoked meat maestro!!!

Funny how everything can relate to food

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

K .. don't knock me out of this thread 😉 .. buuuut .. am exercising atypical restraint after looking at a set of "Like New" irons on CPO that I kinda like the look of .. and with a nice shaft that would work well for me .. at UNDER $400 (with a -20% sale)...

Promised myself I'd go for an official fitting before commiting $$ to new irons .. ie. making sure that they're better enough vs what I have now.

...and yeah I really should unsubscribe from those promo emails!

image.gif.2c621bc0fbb36c7ef404077123c6da0a.gif

restraint? Never heard of her

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

11 hours ago, juspoole said:

Work has been nuts lately - sorry it took so long to get back.

I went with heavier weights.  My putter is a 34" and had 15g weights in it.  I went to 30g and what a difference.  It feels much more balanced in my hands now and I know some of it is the honeymoon phase, but my overall stroke just feels easier too.  

I have an older Scotty pro platinum newport 2 as well, but I don't see it coming back in the bag.  I get the great feel of that with the 5.5, but also the added alignment aid which just puts it over the top.

Wow dude that's just wayyyyy too much personal information, not good for my old heart getting so excited LOL

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Present from my honey to help with my always cold fingers Fall to Spring...

20221219_103557.jpg.79235adfda83e689076848a0461bf74c.jpg

..and - they work!! (Got to test them yesterday and yeah it was a bit muddy and goose-poopy!)

The battery fits into that black pocket on the back; there's an extra Velcro strap to close the pocket. Yes, it makes the glove heavier but if you suffer from cold fingers and wanna play....

These are an M/L .. apparently the smallest size available .. and the fit for me could be a touch more snug - usually wear an M glove.

I wouldn't say they're the most comfortable, although after a few minutes they felt ok and the grip on the club was better than initially expected ... and can't speak to durability yet but they seem to be made from a reasonably thick synthetic material ... but again if you wanna play in cold weather these deserve a look.

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

3 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Present from my honey to help with my always cold fingers Fall to Spring...

20221219_103557.jpg.79235adfda83e689076848a0461bf74c.jpg

..and - they work!! (Got to test them yesterday and yeah it was a bit muddy and goose-poopy!)

The battery fits into that black pocket on the back; there's an extra Velcro strap to close the pocket. Yes, it makes the glove heavier but if you suffer from cold fingers and wanna play....

These are an M/L .. apparently the smallest size available .. and the fit for me could be a touch more snug - usually wear an M glove.

I wouldn't say they're the most comfortable, although after a few minutes they felt ok and the grip on the club was better than initially expected ... and can't speak to durability yet but they seem to be made from a reasonably thick synthetic material ... but again if you wanna play in cold weather these deserve a look.

WELL.. I will need to look into these.. .

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50 (Terra Forza White Shaft Testing 2024)
3 -Wood Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag
TESTING: Terra Forza Shaft  - 

On 12/15/2022 at 7:38 PM, Lacassem said:

I switched to a kamado style grill that I use for smoking. It is pretty nice for smoking, grilling, baking and a pizza oven.

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

Completed my Bettinardi wedge set with the addition of the 50*. Just need to bend it flat, reshaft it and put a new grip on it then it is ready to go. So maybe by spring it will be in the bag 🤦‍♂️

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

So, after discussion and consideration I think I've got my wedges for 2023 and hopefully season going until the grooves run out set, and they're going to be SM9's. But as a twist, I'm going to be consulting with the missus' as to custom stampings and ideas because I plan on making these my one year anniversary gift to myself so to speak and I want the stampings to celebrate us.

I know, it's saccharine and cute, but it reminds me that even when things go wrong on the course, she's still there by my side, wanting me to play more, do better, and supporting from a far... or maybe near by if we get her fling golf involved at our state park.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

20 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well this isn't a buy, it was actually a win.   Some of you know, I won a set of special edition SteelFiber shafts in the Aerotec halloween contest.   I decided I'd put them in the Mizuno Hot Metal HL i just bought earlier this fall that had the stock KBS shaft, I wasn't planning on keeping those much past next year so just went stock shaft.

So these had to go somehwhere, so off they went our resident Top 100 Clubfitter @McGolf for him to install.   If you aren't aware Jim has a very good youtube channel, and one of his features is a very fun and interesting What's In My Drawers Golf Talk that he does every Monday.  He talks about the jobs he is workig on that week, then takes about 45 minutes of live chat.  A lot of regulars just drop in to say hi and chat, but also questions about equipment and golf talk. 

Well, Jim showed my shafts on this weeks episode, and he does a much better job of showing them than the IG pics I put up.    Here's the link to his show this week,  my shafts come onat the 7:40 mark, but really I encourage you to make his channel one of your regular viewing habits.  

MCGolf-What's In My Drawers

Nice. Those shafts are sick. As I Oregon State grad, I'm always partial to the black and orange. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

1 hour ago, scooterhd2 said:

Nice. Those shafts are sick. As I Oregon State grad, I'm always partial to the black and orange. 

I have a tie to Orange and Black.  they are the colors of the school my daughter is attending; Campbell University, and where I have sent a lot of money over the last 3 1/2 years. 😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well this isn't a buy, it was actually a win.   Some of you know, I won a set of special edition SteelFiber shafts in the Aerotec halloween contest.   I decided I'd put them in the Mizuno Hot Metal HL i just bought earlier this fall that had the stock KBS shaft, I wasn't planning on keeping those much past next year so just went stock shaft.

So these had to go somehwhere, so off they went our resident Top 100 Clubfitter @McGolf for him to install.   If you aren't aware Jim has a very good youtube channel, and one of his features is a very fun and interesting What's In My Drawers Golf Talk that he does every Monday.  He talks about the jobs he is workig on that week, then takes about 45 minutes of live chat.  A lot of regulars just drop in to say hi and chat, but also questions about equipment and golf talk. 

Well, Jim showed my shafts on this weeks episode, and he does a much better job of showing them than the IG pics I put up.    Here's the link to his show this week,  my shafts come onat the 7:40 mark, but really I encourage you to make his channel one of your regular viewing habits.  

MCGolf-What's In My Drawers

Jim has done some work for me as well and he provided great service.   I too enjoy his shows; just wish I could listen to more of them live;  they fall at a bad time of day for me.  @McGolfis a great guy and it was glad I got to meet him at the MD outing over the summer.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 12/15/2022 at 9:07 AM, Lacassem said:

If the package comes in and it’s top flites I’m going full griswold…..

Safe we got titleist! Christmas is still on!

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

6 hours ago, McGolf said:

Just so Happens that episode went over 40 mins just talking golf stuff. We went nutty and it was great. I think because of that we also just a minute ago reached 30k in subscriber's. We are just bowled over at the following.  The Mizuno HL will be a surprising good at least from testing. 

Lol. Yeah. Just a bit over.  But it was good stuff I had it on while working on some boring work stuff, so it was a good distraction.  

Congrats on the 30K subscribers.  That’s awesome.  

im looking forward to the clubs. And oh yes, the shafts, they were a Halloween Contest on Instagram by Aerotech that I won.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

6 hours ago, McGolf said:

Just so Happens that episode went over 40 mins just talking golf stuff. We went nutty and it was great. I think because of that we also just a minute ago reached 30k in subscriber's. We are just bowled over at the following.  The Mizuno HL will be a surprising good at least from testing. 

30K subscribers!!  Great job👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, scooterhd2 said:

Class of '69!!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got my Ping irons! They need some tlc but will be a fun project at the very least.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

In 2022, new wedges.  SM9s; 52.08F and 56.10S.  Also a Ping PLD Black Matte Milled Anser putter.  Mainly FJ shirts, pants, shorts, outwear, and shoes ( 2 premiere and 2 traditions).  Looking at new T300 irons when they are released in September.  Have been discussing with my fitter the possibility of adding a five or seven wood to my bag and eliminating one of my hybrids.  All depends if we can get the right shaft.  He is responsible for every club in my bag.  All contingent on my neurosurgeon getting back to where I can play painless again.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE