Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Got Problems?

ole gray

So in the traveling for a living sucks category I am out of the country in Canada and have my laptop bag and the clothes on my back. The driver that took us from the airport to downtown forgot to secure the back door to the Sprinter van and my luggage (as well as the luggage for the Chairman of my company) fell out on a highway somewhere in Toronto. Lost both pairs of my prescription Oakley glasses, two Masters polos, a few pairs of nice pants and a brand new Tumi bag. Lovely f&@$ing day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Lovely!  Just lovely, eh?

How do you not know that the back door to the van is open??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Lovely!  Just lovely, eh?

How do you not know that the back door to the van is open??

No clue.  I almost strangled the driver with his neck tie last night.  Went shopping this morning and was able to get some jeans and necessities.  Shirts apparently don't come in large mammal sizes in Toronto.  The hotel at least was able to launder and press my shirt in about an hour for me.  Will say that the Trump International in Toronto has been overly helpful to me on this trip.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

And still no return call from the company that lost my bag. They are not going to like the call they get from my General Counsel on Monday....her insistence and not mine.

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

I got to put one of our cats down tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. It's going to be a sad day. Molly is 18 years old and has lived a good life never the less it's a heart breaker.

Sorry to hear this :( thoughts and prayers for you...

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I got to put one of our cats down tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. It's going to be a sad day. Molly is 18 years old and has lived a good life never the less it's a heart breaker.

Very sad.... :(

I was never a cat person growing up (we had dogs) but later on, after I bought my first house, good friends of mine who lived nearby brought over a housewarming gift - a stray that hung around their backyard and they took care or, and I took care of for them when they traveled.

She was about 4 when I got her and I had her for just over 15 years.... She was very friendly and super affectionate and CUUUTE! ..part Maine Coon and part Tabby and part (???). Very dog-like, too .. sorta trained (for a cat) but would come back in when I.opened the back door and whistled for her!

Anyway, I was tearing up the whole ride out to the "place" and during the whole time there and during the ride back....

Loved that kitty!

Very very much dreading the inevitable days when I'll have to take each of our two current dogs (5 and 9, soon) on their last car ride.....

Feel and share your pain, OG.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Very sad.... :(

I was never a cat person growing up (we had dogs) but later on, after I bought my first house, good friends of mine who lived nearby brought over a housewarming gift - a stray that hung around their backyard and they took care or, and I took care of for them when they traveled.

She was about 4 when I got her and I had her for just over 15 years.... She was very friendly and super affectionate and CUUUTE! ..part Maine Coon and part Tabby and part (???). Very dog-like, too .. sorta trained (for a cat) but would come back in when I.opened the back door and whistled for her!

Anyway, I was tearing up the whole ride out to the "place" and during the whole time there and during the ride back....

Loved that kitty!

Very very much dreading the inevitable days when I'll have to take each of our two current dogs (5 and 9, soon) on their last car ride.....

Feel and share your pain, OG.

Thanks buddy...   Yea I was shedding more than a few tears yesterday.  They become a true member of the family and it's a punch in the gut when they leave this world.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Was going to play today but after 2 1/2" of rain overnight that pretty much ruined the idea. One of the city courses is closed & front 9 of another. Others are cart path only & muddy mess

I feel your pain. Too foggy here to play. Don't have any yellow spheres to hit.

- Alan

My rant for the day is I almost cut off the tip of my left hand ring finger. Not that I need it for gripping the club, or anything .. my left hand is already weak from an old injury.... OY!!!!!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

Sat on a plane for two hours only to have to get off, go back to the gate and watch the flight get cancelled.  Hoping tomorrow's flight is better....or actually leaves.

WITB 2024

Sat on a plane for two hours only to have to get off, go back to the gate and watch the flight get cancelled.  Hoping tomorrow's flight is better....or actually leaves.

What is the deal with airlines as of the past couple weeks? I've flown MANY times in the past with zero problems. Couple weather delays here and there but that is to be expected. Recently though has been just a s*** show it seems.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

What is the deal with airlines as of the past couple weeks? I've flown MANY times in the past with zero problems. Couple weather delays here and there but that is to be expected. Recently though has been just a s*** show it seems.

No idea. I have had more issues this past month than the last four years combined and I fly a lot.

WITB 2024

My firm offers 8-hours of holiday pay for Good Friday but our offices are only open until lunch on Fridays.  As an office, we divide up the additional half-day holiday leave at another time during that work week.  Last week, I took off at lunch on Tuesday and went straight to the golf course. 

Upon laving the course Tuesday afternoon, my wife had texted me a small grocery list to bring home on my way.  I got the few items at the market and proceeded to exit the parking lot when I was t-boned by a large lumber truck.  It was clearly the fault of the other driver who was driving in reverse through the parking lot and talking on a cell phone simultaneously.  He was very nervous and insisted no police be called.  Of course, I refused and called the police where he was charged for several driving offenses, including a suspended license.  Several witnesses gave statements, all agreeing I was not at fault.  My insurance company notified me that they will handle all communication with his insurance and will replace my vehicle, which was a total loss, and recoup their money from his insurance company.

Today. I receive a phone call from the other drivers insurance company claiming I was at fault.  She began by claiming I was driving erratically because the sun was in my eyes.  First, the store faces due west and I was driving directly toward the store front through the travel lane between rows of parking spaces.  It was 7pm which means the sun, which sets in the west, would be at my rear!  Second, she claimed I made no attempt to stop.  Again, he was driving through the parking spaces (not in a travel lane) in reverse while talking on a cell phone at a high rate of speed.  

I told her she was being very antagonistic and I was ending the conversation.  I notified my insurance adjuster who said it was a "tactic" to get off the hook financially.  My insurer told me the other driver had a third rate, highly unethical "online" insurance company.  She advised me not to speak to them anymore and notify her immediately if the other company tried to contact me again.  I am so thankful I have a quality insurance company representing me.  This is ridiculous!

Now, I have to find a car!  

My firm offers 8-hours of holiday pay for Good Friday but our offices are only open until lunch on Fridays.  As an office, we divide up the additional half-day holiday leave at another time during that work week.  Last week, I took off at lunch on Tuesday and went straight to the golf course. 

Upon laving the course Tuesday afternoon, my wife had texted me a small grocery list to bring home on my way.  I got the few items at the market and proceeded to exit the parking lot when I was t-boned by a large lumber truck.  It was clearly the fault of the other driver who was driving in reverse through the parking lot and talking on a cell phone simultaneously.  He was very nervous and insisted no police be called.  Of course, I refused and called the police where he was charged for several driving offenses, including a suspended license.  Several witnesses gave statements, all agreeing I was not at fault.  My insurance company notified me that they will handle all communication with his insurance and will replace my vehicle, which was a total loss, and recoup their money from his insurance company.

Today. I receive a phone call from the other drivers insurance company claiming I was at fault.  She began by claiming I was driving erratically because the sun was in my eyes.  First, the store faces due west and I was driving directly toward the store front through the travel lane between rows of parking spaces.  It was 7pm which means the sun, which sets in the west, would be at my rear!  Second, she claimed I made no attempt to stop.  Again, he was driving through the parking spaces (not in a travel lane) in reverse while talking on a cell phone at a high rate of speed.  

I told her she was being very antagonistic and I was ending the conversation.  I notified my insurance adjuster who said it was a "tactic" to get off the hook financially.  My insurer told me the other driver had a third rate, highly unethical "online" insurance company.  She advised me not to speak to them anymore and notify her immediately if the other company tried to contact me again.  I am so thankful I have a quality insurance company representing me.  This is ridiculous!

Sorry to hear that and glad it sounds like your ok though.

Also glad you have an insurance company that seems to be representing your well. My mom used to work for an attorney that represented an insurance company and she would tell me stories of some of the insurance companies and the counsel that would represent them. It is really a shame that people and companies are ethically and legally allowed to operate in such a manor.

My wife and I have been fighting a workers compensation claim for almost 3 years now for an incident that happened to my wife while she was working at a very large hospital here in Columbus. It is absolutely crazy that it takes this long to get help/settle as case where a worker quite obviously got hurt at work. The sad part is that they aren't even going to end up fixing her (she most likely will require surgery). They're simply going to throw some money our way (while the money part is ok, for me it is still the fact of the matter) and she'll have to get it all taken care of on her own. Between the surgery(s) itself and the time she'll have to miss from work the money we will probably "settle" for MIGHT cover it all. If we're lucky.

No idea. I have had more issues this past month than the last four years combined and I fly a lot.

I've heard that from every single person that I know like yourself that travels a lot. They're all fed up too but your hands are somewhat tied as they have to travel for work.

Wow...What a mess. 

I don't understand how there are allowed to be so many cut rate insurance companies out there.  I see ads for some of these companies (usually on late night TV, saying one call to us gives you proof of insurance right away).  With every driver beign required to have insurance (at least liability) it seems like there should be more oversight into what type of companies can sell polices or remain in business.

I've been as USAA customer for over 35 years, and never once had to worry about a claim (fortunately I've only had two in all those years) one time was last spring when my beloved SUV that had just over 200,000 miles, that I had planned don driving until it wouldn't go any more was totaled.   I was really worried what I'd get out of it, but was pleasantly surprised to get a check for about $3,000 more than I had expected.  

but back to the moron that hit you....People are generally Idiots!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My firm offers 8-hours of holiday pay for Good Friday but our offices are only open until lunch on Fridays. As an office, we divide up the additional half-day holiday leave at another time during that work week. Last week, I took off at lunch on Tuesday and went straight to the golf course.

Upon laving the course Tuesday afternoon, my wife had texted me a small grocery list to bring home on my way. I got the few items at the market and proceeded to exit the parking lot when I was t-boned by a large lumber truck. It was clearly the fault of the other driver who was driving in reverse through the parking lot and talking on a cell phone simultaneously. He was very nervous and insisted no police be called. Of course, I refused and called the police where he was charged for several driving offenses, including a suspended license. Several witnesses gave statements, all agreeing I was not at fault. My insurance company notified me that they will handle all communication with his insurance and will replace my vehicle, which was a total loss, and recoup their money from his insurance company.

Today. I receive a phone call from the other drivers insurance company claiming I was at fault. She began by claiming I was driving erratically because the sun was in my eyes. First, the store faces due west and I was driving directly toward the store front through the travel lane between rows of parking spaces. It was 7pm which means the sun, which sets in the west, would be at my rear! Second, she claimed I made no attempt to stop. Again, he was driving through the parking spaces (not in a travel lane) in reverse while talking on a cell phone at a high rate of speed.

I told her she was being very antagonistic and I was ending the conversation. I notified my insurance adjuster who said it was a "tactic" to get off the hook financially. My insurer told me the other driver had a third rate, highly unethical "online" insurance company. She advised me not to speak to them anymore and notify her immediately if the other company tried to contact me again. I am so thankful I have a quality insurance company representing me. This is ridiculous!

Every time I see or hear a commercial for a 'minimum coverage' insurance company I cringe.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

The Lady in the pet store at the check out must of had a corn cob stuck up her butt. I've never ever seen anyone move so slow! Gawd how I was wish I had a cattle prod today!!!!!

Don't get me wrong as she was younger than me. She was slower than a 20 year old mule in a plowing contest

Cleveland

Wow...What a mess.

I don't understand how there are allowed to be so many cut rate insurance companies out there. I see ads for some of these companies (usually on late night TV, saying one call to us gives you proof of insurance right away). With every driver beign required to have insurance (at least liability) it seems like there should be more oversight into what type of companies can sell polices or remain in business.

I've been as USAA customer for over 35 years, and never once had to worry about a claim (fortunately I've only had two in all those years) one time was last spring when my beloved SUV that had just over 200,000 miles, that I had planned don driving until it wouldn't go any more was totaled. I was really worried what I'd get out of it, but was pleasantly surprised to get a check for about $3,000 more than I had expected.

but back to the moron that hit you....People are generally Idiots!!

I have USAA, too (car and homeowners). Fortunately very few times had to call them over the years but when I did they responded and took care of the problem.

Rates are reasonable and does make me hesitate to bargain shop......

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

What pisses me off about the internet / forum world is when people put in for tester jobs and don't get selected post a negative comment.  Like "click bate".....   Come on now,,,,, if you only put your name in a test review opportunity and you never get involved in the community, what do you expect?  If YOU were picking from those that entered would you:

1. Pick a random name

2. Pick someone who shows a genuine interest in your forum

3. Or better yet pick someone who contributes to your forum.

It's not rocket science folks and even this ole country boy can understand that to earn and by the way,, it's not a dayuuummm contest to be selected for the opportunity to test equipment, you need to get ya lazy arse involved.  Enough said!

Cleveland

What pisses me off about the internet / forum world is when people put in for tester jobs and don't get selected post a negative comment.  Like "click bate".....   Come on now,,,,, if you only put your name in a test review opportunity and you never get involved in the community, what do you expect?  If YOU were picking from those that entered would you:

1. Pick a random name

2. Pick someone who shows a genuine interest in your forum

3. Or better yet pick someone who contributes to your forum.

It's not rocket science folks and even this ole country boy can understand that to earn and by the way,, it's not a dayuuummm contest to be selected for the opportunity to test equipment, you need to get ya lazy arse involved.  Enough said!

And not taking the time to read and follow entry instructions to post your entry in the correct thread, just gives you an idea of the type of effort they most likely would put in on the review.

And not taking the time to read and follow entry instructions to post your entry in the correct thread, just gives you an idea of the type of effort they most likely would put in on the review.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^   ........  It says in a nutshell I'm not  here to be a positive for the community.  I'm here for me...   :( 

Cleveland

attachicon.gif IMG_0739.JPG

I told you I talk to much ole gray...

You speak the truth bro ;) 

Cleveland

Weather was beautiful yesterday , 70's and no wind - wife and I played 18 and both of us beat our handicaps by at least 5 strokes each. Today we went out again, but the weather was in the low 60's and a strong wind coming off of (cold) Lake Erie. I swear wind chill had to be high 40's very low 50's. Oh and don't ask how we did.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Weather was beautiful yesterday , 70's and no wind - wife and I played 18 and both of us beat our handicaps by at least 5 strokes each. Today we went out again, but the weather was in the low 60's and a strong wind coming off of (cold) Lake Erie. I swear wind chill had to be high 40's very low 50's. Oh and don't ask how we did.

How did you do. :poke:

Sent from my SM-N920T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

People that expect to get cost of living pay increases, but complain when you raise your prize minimally for the first time in years.   An exact quote, "I've been paying $33 every week for 5 years, now you want to charge me $35.  I'm through with this place"    SMH

How did you do. :poke:

Sent from my SM-N920T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

6 over my handicap. Yikes