Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

NFL thread! What are you thinking?

Sluggo42

Raiders with Bowers and I like it, could have used a CB though. I don't understand the Falcons in any way but 🤷🏽‍♂️

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... Pretty impressive watching Hutchinson, Megatron and Sanders come on stage. Having the mascot flatten an obnoxious packers fan was icing on the cake. 🤣

About the only thing us Lions fans agree with Bears fans on... f!$% the Packers

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Admittedly, I don't watch much CFB, but Kiper seems high on Terrion and the Lions needed help in the secondary like I need help on the golf course (a lot). So I guess I'm happy. Hopefully get some pass rushers in the upcoming rounds.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Did not see that draft coming, 6 QBs in 12 picks, obviously Penix at 8 being the biggest surprise. Also no secondary run at receiver some predicted toward the end of the first round. Also side not 10 minutes is so long between these picks. Taking over 5 hours to draft 32 players is too long. No one is watching that long. Trim it down to 7. I know they need time to talk about trades but still feels like too much time.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Thinking further about Penix Jr. at 8. He turns 24 in a week or two. So he will be 26-28 before he likely takes over given that the Birds signed Cuusins for 4 years? Mind-boggling.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

Admittedly, I don't watch much CFB, but Kiper seems high on Terrion and the Lions needed help in the secondary like I need help on the golf course (a lot). So I guess I'm happy. Hopefully get some pass rushers in the upcoming rounds.

... Always interesting seeing what the rest of the conference does. My biggest fear was Latu, Verse or Murphy going to a NFC North team and becoming a thorn in the Bears side like Hutchinson. He is such a beast and great young man so impossible to dislike him and I love watching him play. I was not as high on Turner so glad he is the only edge rusher taken as I think he has glaring deficiencies but like anyone with his physical ability, great coaching may turn him into someone that terrorizes opposing QB's.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Gotta admit @chisag, the Bears offense should shape up to be very exciting to watch this year. I know you were hoping for a defensive pick at #9, but hard to dislike the Odunze pick from an outsider's vantage point. If Williams shapes up to be the player he could/should be, the NFC North could be in for some fireworks in conference matchups which will be A LOT of fun to watch! 😍

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Gotta admit @chisag, the Bears offense should shape up to be very exciting to watch this year. I know you were hoping for a defensive pick at #9, but hard to dislike the Odunze pick from an outsider's vantage point. If Williams shapes up to be the player he could/should be, the NFC North could be in for some fireworks in conference matchups which will be A LOT of fun to watch! 😍

... Thanks, really can't complain about Odunze who was ranked in the top #5 by most, so a steal at #9. My only concern was DLine is a position of need and the Bears are pretty set at WR for at least this year. Clearly the front office had Odunze rated much higher than any edge rusher so I am happy with their decision. 

... I think it is interesting that Cutler didn't have the offensive players to win and when the Bears did give him weapons, the defense was one of the worst in the NFL under Tucker. Now the defense under Eberflus was top 6 the last half of the season but the shocker is the offense may be better. Something Bears fans have never experienced (other than the Tucker years). The NFC North just may be the strongest division in football this year. Every game should be a battle. 

Lions signed 2 CB (from TB and LV) free agents before the draft and moved up 5 spots (and before GB) to get Alabama CB Trevion Arnold who was projected to go anywhere from 10-17.  Really great pickup to address a major need. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

59 minutes ago, GaryF said:

Lions signed 2 CB (from TB and LV) free agents before the draft and moved up 5 spots (and before GB) to get Alabama CB Trevion Arnold who was projected to go anywhere from 10-17.  Really great pickup to address a major need. 

It may bite me in the butt, but I am overally pretty happy with the CB room in Green Bay currently. Would be a huge boost for Eric Stokes to get and stay healthy, which is a coin flip at best, but when he was fully healthy his rookie year he was pretty solid. Of course most people only remember his blown coverages against Tampa Bay in the NFC Championship game, but he's got potential still in my book. I would love to see GB somehow get their hands on Cooper De Jean in the second round as he is versatile enough to play safety, but think they will have to move up from their first slot to do so.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

58 minutes ago, GaryF said:

The front office in Detroit seems to be pulling the right levers over the last few years. As a Lions fan (born in Traverse City, MI) in addition to a Dolphins fan (spent most of my childhood in South Florida and used to have my parents drop me off at Dolphins Training Camp), I am ecstatic and hope they can continue the good run. So much good young talent on both sides of the ball (Sewell, Amon-Ra, Gibbs, LaPorta, Jameson, Hutchinson, Branch, etc.)...

Kirkland V3 

Just now, Hobert said:

The front office in Detroit seems to be pulling the right levers over the last few years.

... 👍  It has been very impressive the way the Lions front office has built the team. I think it is kinda like the golf swing. You can get away with a lot of flaws and use almost a total body swing or a handsy swing and do OK. But blending the entire body together so all working parts kinetically compliment each other and doesn't fight against itself is the real recipe for success. The GM's that understand any one position or side of the ball isn't as important as the entire team. We have seen so many try and reach for a QB when they could be using those top 10 picks to solidify a position for years to come. It also doesn't do much good to draft a DTackle when you already have a great DLine but sub par DB's and holes in the offense. Those are the times you trade down and accumulate picks. 

... The Bears could be a primer in how not to build a team when they moved up one slot to take Trubisky and limited their draft for the next 2 years. The real killer is nobody was gonna trade with the 49ers to take Trubisky and he would have still been there at 3. There is always a chance a 3rd round pick will become a starter. Losing those 3rd round picks didn't help the Bears that needed lots of help at that time. 

"The Bears traded up one spot in the first round to choose quarterback Mitchell Trubisky at No. 2, sending selections in the first (No. 3), third (No. 67) and fourth (No. 111) rounds as well as a 2018 third-round pick (No. 70)."

27 minutes ago, chisag said:

... 👍  It has been very impressive the way the Lions front office has built the team. I think it is kinda like the golf swing. You can get away with a lot of flaws and use almost a total body swing or a handsy swing and do OK. But blending the entire body together so all working parts kinetically compliment each other and doesn't fight against itself is the real recipe for success. The GM's that understand any one position or side of the ball isn't as important as the entire team. We have seen so many try and reach for a QB when they could be using those top 10 picks to solidify a position for years to come. It also doesn't do much good to draft a DTackle when you already have a great DLine but sub par DB's and holes in the offense. Those are the times you trade down and accumulate picks. 

... The Bears could be a primer in how not to build a team when they moved up one slot to take Trubisky and limited their draft for the next 2 years. The real killer is nobody was gonna trade with the 49ers to take Trubisky and he would have still been there at 3. There is always a chance a 3rd round pick will become a starter. Losing those 3rd round picks didn't help the Bears that needed lots of help at that time. 

"The Bears traded up one spot in the first round to choose quarterback Mitchell Trubisky at No. 2, sending selections in the first (No. 3), third (No. 67) and fourth (No. 111) rounds as well as a 2018 third-round pick (No. 70)."

Well said.

Kirkland V3