Jump to content
Golfspy_CG2

2019 Official Forum Member Review-Ping G410 Driver

Recommended Posts

Whoa - I've only been able to play this driver twice at a Muni, but dammmm it's as straight as an arrow. Hopefully our course opens this week so I can get a better sense for the distance. The earliest I could get the fitter scheduled for is May 1st. In the meantime I've got the 410 in the neutral setting.  I'm a very happy camper! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now that you guys have gotten in a few rounds with the G410, are any of you experimenting with the adjustable weight, if so, are you seeing any difference in the effect it makes on shot shape?
Also, are any of you worried about losing it since it doesn't sit in a track?



Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

So now that you guys have gotten in a few rounds with the G410, are any of you experimenting with the adjustable weight, if so, are you seeing any difference in the effect it makes on shot shape?
Also, are any of you worried about losing it since it doesn't sit in a track?



Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Funny you mention it.  After my last round I mentioned that all of my misses were right.  For my next range session I will be moving the hosel out of the flat setting to the neutral setting, and leaving the weight in the toe.  The thought behind this is I still want to slow my face closure  by keeping the weight in the toe/fade setting, but I don't want the ball to start as far right.  

Will report on what I see at the range and on the course with these settings.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 9:06 AM, golfinnut said:

Nice reviews so far guys.  I'm interested to see any stats from those of you that may have played the G400 Max vs nowt the 410.  

I have the Max sitting in the Nut Cave that's probably going to go to the marketplace really soon.  Especially if I see considerable gains by you guys.  @GolfSpy STUDque you are absolutely killing it.  Doubt that's going to be out of your bag very soon.  Especially since you sold the TS2 so quickly. 

Don't you want to know how it compares to my GBB warbird? 😂  I did test the G400 last year at a PING demo and thought it was really nice.  Thus far, all I can offer about how it compares to the G410 is that the G410 feels every bit as nice and, after several rounds before heading home from winter grounds in Yuma, performing very well. 

While we all take our obligatory time-out this weekend to watch the greatest event in sports, let's see if we can determine how many PING G410's are being tested at The Masters.   Who else besides Bubba?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

So now that you guys have gotten in a few rounds with the G410, are any of you experimenting with the adjustable weight, if so, are you seeing any difference in the effect it makes on shot shape?
Also, are any of you worried about losing it since it doesn't sit in a track?



Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

On the G410 Plus, the weight does nest in an track and can be positioned in either neutral, draw, or fade positions. It has a Torx screw and the provided wrench assures it is set to factory torque and, I should think, unlikely to work itself loose... but that's something we can certainly watch for and report on. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work out there thus far fellow testers! I however have been sans-golf for almost 2-weeks now what with all my new umpiring duties in both Little Leagues, work of course, our unsettled & wet weather and then a bout currently with the flu. My weekend is shaping up to be no different unfortunately. Got ball games Saturday and then on Sunday of course, I will be working on my ass-groove in the couch watching you-know-what all day. Next week, I have an evening set for some range time to myself and I hope to play a round on that following Sunday. For the sake of tinkering, I've acquired the shaft originally recommended by my..."fitter" that I'm excited to try. I also want to grab the one that the PING inflight fitting recommends, but haven't seen a 410-ready one come available yet on the Bay for cheap. I also want to get some varied weights like I have for my 400 to tinker with those, though I'm not sure anyone has them for sale out there yet.

I'll keep you all posted, but I have the sinking feeling that I need to play some catch-up here real soon.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 6:53 AM, jlukes said:

Funny you mention it.  After my last round I mentioned that all of my misses were right.  For my next range session I will be moving the hosel out of the flat setting to the neutral setting, and leaving the weight in the toe.  The thought behind this is I still want to slow my face closure  by keeping the weight in the toe/fade setting, but I don't want the ball to start as far right.  

Will report on what I see at the range and on the course with these settings.

Hey @jlukes and other testers.........I'm curious, so would you contend so far that this Ping Driver has mostly or entirely eliminated the left side miss? Your comments above bring back pleasant memories and piece of mind I previously enjoyed with my former Ping Driver.

You see, about 4 years ago I had a TM driver that had the occasional (or often) crazy left side miss, scare the dickens out of you. I switched to a Ping G30LST thereafter and I don't know what it was about that club but it virtually eliminated the entire left side of the course for me, my piece of mind became sound and half the course was all but gone. Now I'm gaming a TS3 (set flat and open) and from time to time I can still get a wild left bomber.

Jlukes I know you also just came from a TS Driver and your posts have got me really wondering as to this specific issue. I'll be following you closely on that......and if any other testers are experiencing strong bias to left side balls gone, please chime in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trial&Error said:

Hey @jlukes and other testers.........I'm curious, so would you contend so far that this Ping Driver has mostly or entirely eliminated the left side miss? Your comments above bring back pleasant memories and piece of mind I previously enjoyed with my former Ping Driver.

You see, about 4 years ago I had a TM driver that had the occasional (or often) crazy left side miss, scare the dickens out of you. I switched to a Ping G30LST thereafter and I don't know what it was about that club but it virtually eliminated the entire left side of the course for me, my piece of mind became sound and half the course was all but gone. Now I'm gaming a TS3 (set flat and open) and from time to time I can still get a wild left bomber.

Jlukes I know you also just came from a TS Driver and your posts have got me really wondering as to this specific issue. I'll be following you closely on that......and if any other testers are experiencing strong bias to left side balls gone, please chime in.

Hey T&E!  From my experience so far, I would say the ability to flatten the lie and put the weight in the toe definitely has impacted the start line and amount of curve on my shots.  So yes, I can say that the settings G410 Plus really have the ability to alter ball flight.  The TS2 had the ability to go flat, but I couldn't put weight towards the toe to slow closure rate.  Not sure how it would compare to a TS3 set to flat and with the weight in the toe.

That being said, it is still possible to hit the occasional duck hook of you are closing the face too aggressively - and not club or amount of adjustability would prevent that.  But putting the weight in the toe and flattening the lie has really helped me so far.  Your results may vary, but the technology definitely seems to be working thus far.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Great work out there thus far fellow testers! I however have been sans-golf for almost 2-weeks now what with all my new umpiring duties in both Little Leagues, work of course, our unsettled & wet weather and then a bout currently with the flu. My weekend is shaping up to be no different unfortunately. Got ball games Saturday and then on Sunday of course, I will be working on my ass-groove in the couch watching you-know-what all day. Next week, I have an evening set for some range time to myself and I hope to play a round on that following Sunday. For the sake of tinkering, I've acquired the shaft originally recommended by my..."fitter" that I'm excited to try. I also want to grab the one that the PING inflight fitting recommends, but haven't seen a 410-ready one come available yet on the Bay for cheap. I also want to get some varied weights like I have for my 400 to tinker with those, though I'm not sure anyone has them for sale out there yet.

I'll keep you all posted, but I have the sinking feeling that I need to play some catch-up here real soon.

No worries - you'll be hitting it regularly soon! I can't get into the fitter's shop until May 1st - they're that backed up - guess that's good news for them. So my final tuning won't happen until then., however,  in the meantime, I've played three rounds so far and love the driver. Now I'm experimenting a bit. After yesterday where I had the neutral setting, I'm trying the flat + to see what effect that has. Always fun to tinker. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds like Jlukes is the only one of late being able to get out and try this sweet club 
 Surely you guys won't let a little thing like the Masters keep you from getting to the range or course this weekend!
As for my results, I'm not an official tester but some of you know that I was out at PING last week getting fit.   I started with the 410+ in the neutral position and did OK with it, but was getting a bit more fade than I and the fitter liked, still very playable but he thought taking some of that off might get me a few more yards.
So he switched the weight to the draw and actually put a slightly lighter one in to help the SW as well--it was initially coming in at D6--, and help me get through the ball a bit more.  It worked, it straightened the flight out and I picked up 17 yards on the first swing after the adjustment.  
I kept it there and got on Trackman with it this week after I got back home.  I took it along with my TS2 out to the range.  While I'm not going to throw up any Jlukes or Studque numbers, the G410 was out-gaining the TS2 by 5 to 7 yards on most swings.   And i got a couple out to 226, my normal might be 215. 
Working with our DOI he gave me a few pointers that he said once I get those locked in I should be able to get out there to 230 maybe 235.   I was getting a swing speed of about 84 to 85 on the TS2 and was managing a pretty steady 87 on the PING.   Launch was about the same and and spin was close, they were both around 2900 to 3100 on both, a bit high but working on a few things to bring them down a couple hundred RPM.   Along with working on my club path and face to path has helped me realize a good swing from a bad swing.   
Looking forward to getting a round in with this in the several days. 
Any other testers have some actual results  or if any forum members have any questions for the group fire away!!

Our swing speeds are similar (mid 80’s) so I’m happy your putting in your 2 cents. The 410 driver is on my short list this summer when I’m off the DL.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rickp said:


Our swing speeds are similar (mid 80’s) so I’m happy your putting in your 2 cents. The 410 driver is on my short list this summer when I’m off the DL.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It is definitely one that should be on just about everyone's short list. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sounds like Jlukes is the only one of late being able to get out and try this sweet club 😏

 Surely you guys won't let a little thing like the Masters keep you from getting to the range or course this weekend!

Well, to be brutally honest,... yes.  

But, just before heading back to MT from Yuma, I was able to get some range time and data hitting both my Razr-Fit and the G410 Plus.  We just got home today and got unloaded, house restarted, and Golf Channel on 👍. I'll be posting the initial range data along with some observations from several rounds of play over the weekend.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, to be brutally honest,... yes.  

But, just before heading back to MT from Yuma, I was able to get some range time and data hitting both my Razr-Fit and the G410 Plus.  We just got home today and got unloaded, house restarted, and Golf Channel on 👍. I'll be posting the initial range data along with some observations from several rounds of play over the weekend.  

I know.  I use this wonderful thing called the DVR and record it to watch in the evenings. 😎

Usually it's a great way to miss all the commercials.   But that's the beauty of the Mssters.  Very few commercials. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds like Jlukes is the only one of late being able to get out and try this sweet club 
 Surely you guys won't let a little thing like the Masters keep you from getting to the range or course this weekend!
As for my results, I'm not an official tester but some of you know that I was out at PING last week getting fit.   I started with the 410+ in the neutral position and did OK with it, but was getting a bit more fade than I and the fitter liked, still very playable but he thought taking some of that off might get me a few more yards.
So he switched the weight to the draw and actually put a slightly lighter one in to help the SW as well--it was initially coming in at D6--, and help me get through the ball a bit more.  It worked, it straightened the flight out and I picked up 17 yards on the first swing after the adjustment.  
I kept it there and got on Trackman with it this week after I got back home.  I took it along with my TS2 out to the range.  While I'm not going to throw up any Jlukes or Studque numbers, the G410 was out-gaining the TS2 by 5 to 7 yards on most swings.   And i got a couple out to 226, my normal might be 215. 
Working with our DOI he gave me a few pointers that he said once I get those locked in I should be able to get out there to 230 maybe 235.   I was getting a swing speed of about 84 to 85 on the TS2 and was managing a pretty steady 87 on the PING.   Launch was about the same and and spin was close, they were both around 2900 to 3100 on both, a bit high but working on a few things to bring them down a couple hundred RPM.   Along with working on my club path and face to path has helped me realize a good swing from a bad swing.   
Looking forward to getting a round in with this in the several days. 
Any other testers have some actual results  or if any forum members have any questions for the group fire away!!


Do you notice big gains or changes compared to the g400?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sounds like Jlukes is the only one of late being able to get out and try this sweet club 😏

 Surely you guys won't let a little thing like the Masters keep you from getting to the range or course this weekend!

A

Nooooope - I've had it on the course about 4 times and really loving it. It's (SFT) straight as an arrow. I'm starting to play around with the settings - going to try Flat + this morning. Beautiful day planned - 18 on our course so it'll be a good gauge on distance against my GBB. My immediate feedback is that it is straighter than my GBB - which I had set to  neutral. At that setting I had a slight pull-hook. 

Fitter is scheduled for May 1st - so won't have any hard data until after. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements

  • Daily Deals

  • Sponsors

  • Our Sponsors

     
     
     

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      82,161
    • Most Online
      2,247

    Newest Member
    Hicksy7
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By mr.hicksta
      Vessel Player 2.0 14-Way Stand Bag
       G410 Plus 9º (45") | ACCRA TZ5 65 M4 (70g, tipped 1/2", D2) 
       G410 3W 14.5º (43") | ACCRA TZ5 75 M4 (78g, tipped 1 1/2", D2)
      G410 2H 18º (40.75") | ACCRA TZ5 95H M4 (95g, tipped 1 1/2", D2)
      Epon AF-505 4-PW | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 S (124g, Hard Stepped, 4-9 D3, PW D4)
      RTX 4 50••, 54••, 58•• | Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour130 X (129g, Soft Stepped, D4, D5, D6)
      PXG Bat Attack Gen2 (33") | KBS CT Tour Putter
       Pro V1x

      Accessories: Bushnell Pro XE, Golf Pride Tour Velvet/Tour Velvet 360 grips, Ping Tour and Sport Gloves,  Robert Mark Golf and Dormie Workshop headcovers/putter cover, Club Glove pocket towel, Cayce Golf caddy towel and custom Epoch S3 tees.









    • By THEZIPR23
      Almost a total remodel of the bag.
       



       Epic Flash SZ 10.5 set at -1 N Graphite Design Tour AD TSG Blue X (45")
      M3 15 set at -2 Paderson Fairway KG 860-F30 S
      Epic Flash SZ 18 set at S N Tensei AV Blue 70 X
       Z585 4 & 5 KBS C Taper S
       Z785 6-AW KBS C Taper S
       Glide Forged 56 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
       Glide Forged 60 KBS Hi Rev 2.0
       SS 28 CS 33"
       
      Driver: Thank you MGS, flat out the best driver I have ever had in the bag.
      3W: A random purchase after being unable to hit the original epic 3w. Put same shaft that I was fit for in the epic and it has been a match made in heaven. Absolute money from the tee and I know exactly what it will do from the fairway. Combined with the driver there are not many par 5's that I can't reach. 
      5W: Solid club but this spot has always been a trouble spot in my bag and that hasn't changed in 20 years. 
      Irons: Love the combo and they feel absolutely amazing. All of them are 1* strong, standard lie and +1/2" Biggest thing I was looking for in making the change was more control. They definitely fly different than P790's but hopefully after an adjustment period they will meet or exceed my expectations. 
      Wedges: A different look from what I am used to but feel is amazing. The shaft on full swings is so easy for me to deliver correctly. 
      Putter: Not a fast revolving door but one that moves some. Have gotten used to the look of the center shaft but still struggling with alignment some. 
      Ball: Titleist PROV1X #23 imprinted with THEZIPR in blue. Have played this ball since its birth and while I have tried many other options nothing has been able to kick it out. 
      Rangefinder: Bushnell PRO X2 
      Glove: Footjoy Weathersof. Love the Ping tour glove but at the rate I go through gloves I just can't justify the price difference.
      Shoes: Ecco Biom G 3 BOA and Biom Hybrid 3 BOA. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. 



    • By Golfspy_CG2
      When it comes to PING many things come to mind, quality, engineering, performance and irons are among the first things most people will think of.   And with the release earlier this year of the G410 irons, PING has hit on each one of those characteristics. 
      Following the huge success of the G400 irons, PING has hit a home run with the striking black and red colors of this iron, as well as a being a bit more streamlined in all the right places.   PING has achieved the rare feat of providing an iron that has a profile appealing to even the most discerning of golfers, but yet still offering the forgiveness and help that higher handicaps look for. 

      We are looking for three forum members to join staff member Golfspy_Stroker in testing, reviewing and keeping a set of these G410's built to their custom specs.  Testing will require a nearly two month commitment of putting the irons in play on the course, at the range and providing ongoing commentary in the forum thorough out the process. 
      As an extra bonus to the irons, the selected testers will have the option to choose Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips equipped with Arccos.  The clubs will come with a 99 day free trial to arccos.  After that the tester would be responsible for paying for the subscription in order to continue it.   It will be a great way to add data to your review. 
      PING has opened this testing to all golfers regardless of country of residence.   All you have to do to be eligible for the testing is follow the below instructions.
       
      In a post in this thread please provide the following information...AND DO NOT QUOTE this post when replying!
      First Name/State or Country of residence
      Handicap
      Current irons in Play
      The carry distance of the your 7 iron
      That's it.   Good luck to everybody
      We'll be selecting the testers within the next 10 to 14 days, so check back to see if you've been selected!

      ===========================================================================================
      YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE....

      Please join me in congratulating these members selected from a very large and diverse applicant pool:

      @ballplayer002003
      @GregB135
      @Rickp
      Official announcement here:
      https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/33112-testers-wanted-3-ping-g410-irons/?do=findComment&comment=571106
       
    • By Tom Dundas
      50-12, 54-12, AND 60-14
      Used 3 times.
      $300.00 for the 3.





    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Shankster and PING Blueprint Irons---A Match Made in Heaven? 
      Every so often we do a special review of a club on MGS.   Usually it's when the OEM provides us with one set or one driver etc for review, it's not practical to open it up to over 500 to 1,000 applications and pick just one person.
      So when the Blueprint review was generously offered by PING with the stipulation it went to a member who was a true low single digit handicap, we discussed as a group who would be an ideal member to reach out to test these beauties. Honestly at least half a dozen names came to mind, but some of them were already involved in a testing or had just completed one.  
      Then one name really jumped out at us,  Shankster.   Not just because he fit the handicap requirement, but if there is any one person on this site who is a more of a traditionalist and prefers the minimalist design in a club than Alan, we don't know who it is.  
      When we reached out to Shankster, it took him about 1 minute to say yes, and that's only because he was recovering from the shock of being asked and making sure he wasn't being punked!     We had to work through the timing of his move from Michigan to Maryland, but all that got sorted out.
      Not knowing exactly when today he'll get his post up, I'll leave you with a few of these.



  • Recent Topics

  • Latest from the Blog

  • Happy Birthday Today!

×
×
  • Create New...