GolfSpy MPR

What are you looking for this Black Friday?

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Decent size battery leaf blower, min 120 mph, 2 batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I bought the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM Blower and I love it. https://egopowerplus.com/blower-480cfm/ It’s their smallest blower, they make several larger ones. I also bought a 5.0Ah battery and skipped the smaller ones, it lasts at least 45 minutes.

I also bought an EGO weedwacker, edger and hedge trimmer. Easily the best yard tools I’ve ever owned.

With the 5.0Ah battery I can weedwack, edge and blow with one battery and have lots of power left over.

Edited by Middler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, johnw said:

Looking for a cordless hand vacuum. Any recommendations?

Are you looking for a smaller hand vacuum for quick little jobs?  Or a full stick vacuum for doing floors plus other things?

For a stick vacuum Dyson and Shark both have good ones.  I've seen deals on the DC10 and DC11 Dysons and a couple of sharks.  There is a new brand through Amazon getting some good reviews too, check out Tineco.

For a smaller true hand held vacuum...Do you currently have a battery power tool brand you use?  (i.e. Ryobi, Rigid, Dewalt, Milwaukee etc...)  I have a small hand held vacuum that just uses my tools batteries that I use a lot for smaller stuff in the garage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I bought the EGO POWER+ 480 CFM Blower and I love it. https://egopowerplus.com/blower-480cfm/ It’s their smallest blower, they make several larger ones. I also bought a 5.0Ah battery and skipped the smaller ones, it lasts at least 45 minutes.

I also bought an EGO weedwacker, edger and hedge trimmer. Easily the best yard tools I’ve ever owned.

With the 5.0Ah battery I can weedwack, edge and blow with one battery and have lots of power left over.

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Decent size battery leaf blower, min 120 mph, 2 batteries.

I've also heard good things about the EGO series.

Do you currently have battery power tool system you use though?  Most have a leaf blower option that will use the same batteries if you do.  A 20v battery might not get as much run time as the bigger dedicated blower systems, but if you already own a bunch of tools and batteries it's easy to swap them out.

• Like 2

Do you currently have battery power tool system you use though?  Most have a leaf blower option that will use the same batteries if you do.  A 20v battery might not get as much run time as the bigger dedicated blower systems, but if you already own a bunch of tools and batteries it's easy to swap them out.

I have 3 Ryobi power tools now and would like to stick with that line if they have a blower sufficient for what I want.
ECO does look pretty decent

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

Not sure which of us you were asking, but I have the EGO Multi-Head system - so I have one motor with three attachments, string trimmer, edger and hedge trimmer. The leaf blower is separate, but all four use the same battery, and I bought a 5.0Ah (instead of their 2.0 or 2.5Ah) which lasts longer than I'd ever need. I don't even have to charge after every use, I've gotten three mowing/trimmings done on a single charge. Love it!

https://egopowerplus.com/multi-head/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Middler said:
  1. I need to re-stock on Snell MTBB's. I am aware of the $27.99/doz sale in progress. Dropped to $25.99/doz, so I ordered 4 dozen.
  2. I want to buy a rangefinder, leaning toward the Precision NX7 Slope. It appears there's a $30 off deal in progress. $40 off later today.
  3. Have my eye on 6-12 bottles of a recent fav wine too.

Thought I'd wait and see if they sweeten the deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I'll buy either way.

I'll probably nose around GG on Friday as well, online or BnM depending on traffic.

Good things come to those who wait, see above.

Edited by Middler
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I have 3 Ryobi power tools now and would like to stick with that line if they have a blower sufficient for what I want.
ECO does look pretty decent emoji106.png

And I know Ryobi is among the best as well. I'd stick with them if there's a blower that fits the batts you already have.

• Like 1

Already bought the new phone I was wanting. Costco has their black Friday sale already going.... thru December 2nd.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, dhartmann34 said:

Already bought the new phone I was wanting. Costco has their black Friday sale already going.... thru December 2nd.

what did you end up with?

3 hours ago, dhartmann34 said:

S10 plus

Very nice.

So, for the first time in a long time I'm looking out for myself on BF.

First and foremost I'm looking into a new phone. I've had my current one sin e Law School and I'm finally looking at upgrading. Still shopping and researching, as this is likely to be the phone I have until 5g networks become more stable.

Two, a new laptop. True facts, my computer Blue Screened itself out of existence almost 6 months ago and I've been waiting for BF to maybe get a new one. Nothing crazy, just decent storage and performance at a good price.

Three, Pillows! Man do I need new pillows and this is the time.

Four, since my girlfriend and I are looking at moving in together next year if there are deals on homeish things we'll take advantage

Lastly, the only thing I'm considering golf wise is a Flat Cat Solution for my potential new putter for 2019. That's it.

• Like 6

Black Friday week has only just begun and I'm $500 in the hole already:

(2) New All Clad Stainless pans

Ceramic Coating that I'm going to put on my car

3 Dozen Personalized ProV1x

Probably going to buy a new knife as well -- something Japanese!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yungkory said:

All Clad is worth it, they perform and last forever (other than non-stick).

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Wish I would have seen this post a week earlier. My wife and I just sold our 30 piece All Clad set for $500. She got Kitchen Craft because the All Clad stuff was too heavy for her. That All Clad stuff is expensive but it is well made and indestructible. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Very nice.

So, for the first time in a long time I'm looking out for myself on BF.

First and foremost I'm looking into a new phone. I've had my current one sin e Law School and I'm finally looking at upgrading. Still shopping and researching, as this is likely to be the phone I have until 5g networks become more stable.

Two, a new laptop. True facts, my computer Blue Screened itself out of existence almost 6 months ago and I've been waiting for BF to maybe get a new one. Nothing crazy, just decent storage and performance at a good price.

Three, Pillows! Man do I need new pillows and this is the time.

Four, since my girlfriend and I are looking at moving in together next year if there are deals on homeish things we'll take advantage

Lastly, the only thing I'm considering golf wise is a Flat Cat Solution for my potential new putter for 2019. That's it.

Just saw you are from Fulton. I am ten miles away from you. We should play Battle Island some time. 

5 minutes ago, joen said:

Wish I would have seen this post a week earlier. My wife and I just sold our 30 piece All Clad set for $500. She got Kitchen Craft because the All Clad stuff was too heavy for her. That All Clad stuff is expensive but it is well made and indestructible. 

Appreciate the offer, but shipping that to Hawaii would probably make it double the price, haha! I just needed two good stainless pans, and maybe buy the saucier from their factory sale if the price drops

• Like 1

We sold our house.  We are packing this weekend and moving on Wednesday.  We are leaving our 15 year old gas grill, and our new house doesn't have a bbq, so our gift to ourselves is a REC TEC RT-590 pellet grill and smoker.  REC TEC is having a sale Friday -Monday.  I hope it's on sale, but I'm ordering it anyway.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, joen said:

Just saw you are from Fulton. I am ten miles away from you. We should play Battle Island some time. 

Duly noted Joen

• Like 1