2020 Official Member Review: Bridgestone White Box Ball

Our Sponsors

On 5/2/2020 at 6:08 AM, mr.hicksta said:

Count me in on the Tour B X to Tour B XS train. I got low on golf balls and while I have a personalized Pro V1x order in already, I scooped up 4 dozen Tour B XS to try for these next couple months. Based on what I've heard from @yungkory already, I'm excited to see how they perform for me!

I'm getting another round with the XS in today, but initial results are positive even with me losing 6 in one round 🤣. Everything I liked about the X was present with the XS and I saw A LOT more green side spin on shots 50 yards and under. I know there's a lot that goes into green side spin, but it seemed to come a hell of a lot easier with the XS. I have plenty with more on the way so I'm going to game the XS exclusively the next couple months!

• Like 4

Ping G410 LST 9º | Tensei CK Orange 70 X
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 18º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 5-GW | Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 54 Mid, 60 Mid | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
TaylorMade TP5

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The latest issue of Golf Digest includes an extended article detailing Tiger Woods's ball testing procedure with Bridgestone: Why mention that here? Because Tiger's testing was done without

Played 18 with only my white ball stash. Played whole round with same ball. Simply put: the best round I have played in close to 3 decades! Played men's forward tees 5310 yards.  TOTAL SCORE

Happy freaking Monday, y’all! My package of goodness arrived today, and I am legitimately excited to start testing. As it turns out, @yungkoryand I are playing 18 this afternoon so I’ll post some init

Posted Images

I've been playing the previous generation XS I purchased on clearance my last couple of rounds and have to say I'm impressed with their performance. They're long, play good in the wind, and they spin. I had a bunker shot to a left to right sloping green and when it hit, it zipped sideways. It left me with a long putt, but I was just impressed with how it reacted. I'm not a high spin player, but I can see the potential there for anyone who is. I did have to put one out of commission site to hitting trees and a cart path.20200504_190127-01.jpeg.84295601f35af7365c0faa689d5cd182.jpeg

I have a box of the new RXS I'm about to put into play, just didn't want to lose them or give them a bad review since I haven't gotten to play our practice much the last couple of months. They'll be my go to the next round I play and I can't wait to see what the new lineup is all about.

• Like 4

After my brief introduction to the XS last Friday, I took advantage of the buy 3 get 1 free promo and will be giving this ball a test similar to how I tested the X -- by playing them! I was pretty impressed with what I saw, so I'm hopeful! 

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

It has been quit the while since my last post. There reason I did not post had nothing to do with this review, ball, forum, or anything such as that this product.

Regarding this product, it exceeded both the promo stuff from Bridgestone, their evaluation of my swing, and my expectations  The switch to Tour B from the e12 I was using is a good one. 

• Drives: average 10 yards
  • Irons 6-9 yards from 6 and 7
  • Hybrids aout 10
  • ALL showed improvement in accuracy, loft and result such as wedges.
  • This will be the choice in my golf future!

As to me: I was forced to stop golf 8 hours after my last 18. For reasons still neither fully explained or understood, my body decided to go from a slightly higher blood pressure to a very low one. As a result, balance was not possible and for over a 4 week period I cold not stand without getting very dizzy, even moving my lower body was quite the challenge. Not related in any way to Covid16.

A combination of re-doing my medications from before to now have me well on the way. Therapy 3x a week, combibnations with  new drugs and my own stubbornness have me standing, no dizziness, ability to work on some mild golf related exercises. As compared to a week earlier, I am a new person.  

All medical indications, including my cardiologist, are pointing to a more than possible return to golfing by Labor Day. No promises just doable.

I won't give weekly updates, but, thanks for understanding!

59295646_2332668930086842_4252488574793940992_n.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, DrMJG said:

It has been quit the while since my last post. There reason I did not post had nothing to do with this review, ball, forum, or anything such as that this product.

Regarding this product, it exceeded both the promo stuff from Bridgestone, their evaluation of my swing, and my expectations  The switch to Tour B from the e12 I was using is a good one. 

• Drives: average 10 yards
  • Irons 6-9 yards from 6 and 7
  • Hybrids aout 10
  • ALL showed improvement in accuracy, loft and result such as wedges.
  • This will be the choice in my golf future!

As to me: I was forced to stop golf 8 hours after my last 18. For reasons still neither fully explained or understood, my body decided to go from a slightly higher blood pressure to a very low one. As a result, balance was not possible and for over a 4 week period I cold not stand without getting very dizzy, even moving my lower body was quite the challenge. Not related in any way to Covid16.

A combination of re-doing my medications from before to now have me well on the way. Therapy 3x a week, combibnations with  new drugs and my own stubbornness have me standing, no dizziness, ability to work on some mild golf related exercises. As compared to a week earlier, I am a new person.  

All medical indications, including my cardiologist, are pointing to a more than possible return to golfing by Labor Day. No promises just doable.

I won't give weekly updates, but, thanks for understanding!

59295646_2332668930086842_4252488574793940992_n.jpg

Dang, I missed this post. Sorry to hear that and I hope things are getting better for you!

I've got 5 rounds in on the XS now and I'm currently playing the best golf that I've played in a very long time, even breaking 80 twice including a new personal best of 75. I wish I could say this is just some magic ball that will drop your scores, but I also shot an 87 the other weekend so... it's not the ball like it's not MJ's shoes.

This ball is still every bit as long as the X that I was v-fit for, but the increased spin is DEFINITELY noticed with my swing/strike/whatever. I have never sucked the ball back as much as I have on approaches with the XS. On a couple of approaches it has actually hurt me where I spun the ball 15' back from its pitch mark, and off the green. Admittedly, I'm not skilled enough to take spin off, or add more. I can control trajectory to an extent on pitches, so I can hit low ones that check up, but aside from that I just kind of try to play to the flag and hit to a number. While I was gaming the ProV1x, I was used to my ball pitching, and stopping after a foot or two. It still happens with this ball on occasion, but a majority of the time it is coming back a foot or two, and sometimes more.

The added spin around the green, though, is much appreciated. I also like how soft it feels off the club face, especially wedges and my putter. Unless I find myself consistently pulling balls back to the point where it hurts my score, this is my new ball for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite a few rounds in with the RX. Nothing remarkable about the ball, good or bad, except that it definitely spins more than the earlier iteration of the ball. I have to alter my approaches with chips and pitches because the ball checks so aggressively. Not sure they are better for me than my preferred Srixon ZStar. But definitely a good ball and the cover is much improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

------------------------------

Driver:  :cleveland-small: Classics XL 10.5 - Miyazaki Tour Issue 6 S-flex

Fairway:srixon-small: f65 15* - Miyazaki Kaula Mizo 5 R-flex

Hybrid:Hogan: 18* - Proforce V2 Stff

Irons:Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil 780 F4

Wedges:Hogan: Equalizer 50 Recoil F4, 56 and 60 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red Sightline - double-bend black steel 34"

I’ve played a few more rounds with the XS and it’s by far the best ball I’ve ever played. I’ve done some head to head battles on the course a few times against the Pro V1 & TP5 and it stays in the top spot for me. 
The one major thing I’ve noticed lately is how much softer off the putter it feels vs the Pro V1 but has the same audible click.