Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Why do you love the game of golf?

I love the closeness to nature, the fresh air and the challenges the game gives.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I think there are two things at the top of my list.  Relationships and places the game can take you.  Either meeting new people by joining a group or strengthening a relationship with people you already know.  And that you can play golf anywhere in the world and it will be different.  I could play 5 minutes from my house or in Japan, and it is never the same. If we were playing soccer in the US or Japan, its exactly the same. 

Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9* Stock. 3-Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero, 15*. Hybrid: Sub70 949x Pro 19*. Irons: Taylormade rac LT 3-PW. Wedges: Vokey F-Grind 52*, 58*. Putter: Rife 2-Bar Blade Putter.  Pro V1

7 hours ago, SnakeDoc said:

I love the closeness to nature, the fresh air and the challenges the game gives.

I would have to agree with you 100% here. All three are the reasons I play. 

:ping-small: Driver: G425 Max 10.5*
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:ping-small: Wood: G425 Max
:titelist-small: Hybrid: TS2 23*
:titelist-small: Irons:  6 to GW, T300 
:titelist-small: Wedges:  Vokey SM8 50F, 54S, 58K
:cameron-small: Putter: 1998 Tei3 Newport Long Neck
:titelist-small: Ball: Yellow Titleist VG3
:nike-small: Bag: Nike Air Hybrid Golf Bag

I Love the Art of Putting!

The peacefulness of early morning or evening of being in nature alone. The challenge against myself, and the constant desire for improvement are next. Friendships are nice, but I've never found that rival that takes the game as serious as I do.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I just enjoy the entire experience. No two golf courses are the same.  The conditioning of the course, fresh air, and the opportunity each shot presents is what I look forward to. I think that over 95% of the people you meet on the golf course are just good people who want to share the same experience. Yeah you can have a bad day but  it's always better than work!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• Guests
Guest Delete
8 hours ago, SnakeDoc said:

As I do enjoy those things, I really enjoy the skill of golf and time spent with others. 

I have never been an athlete and golf allows me to excel using skill instead of physical prowess. 

The pursuit of always wanting to do better. The search for that first time getting a hole in one, breaking your PB, having a double bogey free round, etc. 

Like @Tom the Golf Nut mentioned, to get away from work or stressful environments. Yes, golf can be stressful, but in a good different kind of way. Running to some people is good way to clear your head, Golf is my running.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I love all of it really: the endless challenge, being out in nature, playing golf with friends and complete strangers who quickly turn into friends.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Some rounds are better than others, but I never have a bad round. I can’t remember a round where I got in my car after and thought ‘I wish I hadn’t played today.’ I enjoy golf for three (roughly equal) reasons.

• the challenge of golf itself - the good shots always bring us back and no matter how good you get -  there will be good, bad and middling scoring days - that’s golf, better next time. When I score poorly, I can’t wait to play again to do better!
  • the camaraderie - I can get along won’t almost anyone, and in league play when I run into someone I wouldn’t choose to play with, there’s always two other people I enjoy playing with. I’ll probably live over 800,000 hours so I can tolerate anyone for 4 hours...
  • just being outdoors - unless it pours rain w lightning I’m happy to be outside (and I don’t play when it’s obvious a downpour is coming), in light rain my rain gear keeps me comfy enough

Even when one of the three aspects doesn’t pan out, the others are likely enjoyable - I can’t remember a round where nothing was enjoyable.

If you focus too much on one aspect of golf, you’re more likely to have a bad round? I play with many guys who can’t be happy if they’re not playing their best, they become their own worst enemy, sulking or berating themselves - that’s a shame IMO.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)
  • Guests
Guest Delete
4 hours ago, 2puttbogey said:

It's one of the few things in life where I don't have to rely on someone else.

I beg to differ. You can't play golf unless someone else made a golf course, cuts the grass, makes the clubs and makes the balls. 

The illusion that we do things on our own is false. Everyone is connected much more than we care to realize.

When you enjoy a well manicured course and sink that birdie putt then all the course staff and major OEMs are celebrating with you. 

I love the feel of a pure shot.  I love chipping it in.  I love hitting a shot exactly how I imagine.  In the outside world I feel like we are very closed off to strangers I love that this sport makes you want to help a complete stranger even though they may not want it.  I love the s*** talking.  Love the scenery.