Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Swing Lesson - Stop Rushing the Downswing

I haven't watched this guy before, but I thought this was a pretty good swing lesson:

My biggest takeaways were:

1.  I really like the "Look behind you" drill to find your pivot.  I'm going to send this with my brother and see if it resonates with him.

2.  I like how he talks about "Reaching your top of swing."  This is something I talk about with my brother a lot.  He tries to talk in terms of "top of swing" with pros who are much more flexible than him.

3.  The "one-hundred-and-one" drill sounds very much like the "one-two-three, one-two" temp drill my dad used to beat into my brain as a junior! But it really has helped me when I get too choppy and swat at the ball.

Thoughts?  Anyone follow this guy?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 9/15/2022 at 11:45 AM, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Thoughts?  Anyone follow this guy?

No, do not follow, he paints with a brush too broad and is not totally accurate at times.   I did, however,  like his 'glued' tempo using one-hundred-and-one being similar to the timing your father beat into your head because many experience the overall swing in 5/4 time, which he is essentially saying. 

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

Danny has some really good content. He breaks things down in simple terms and has some good drills.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I haven't watched this one yet, but I am a big Danny Maude fan. I will definitely check it out later.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Danny, Alex Elliott & MrShortgame are the 3 I check out fairly regularly.  Alex is my current favorite.

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

• 2 weeks later...

I love Danny because he definitely gets me thinking outside of the box. I wouldn't say to take everything he says as gospel, but to be open to some of the drills, ideas and concepts he presents. 

For example, one of his big schticks that resonates with me and has helped my game is to look at other sports or motions we're familiar with. He uses soccer balls, tennis rackets, medicine balls, etc depending on the person. Those videos have definitely helped me get better with keeping my upper and lower body connected and with understanding rotation. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.