Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!!  35º and dark!!  Up early today and on 2nd cup of coffee.  We get some sun this morning followed by more high winds and rain turning to snow.  Won't see temps above freezing until next Thursday... single digit temps with -20º "feels like" on Saturday.  Since I can't play golf for the next few weeks anyway, I'm glad it's not wonderful golf weather!!  Off to see my doc at 10am.

Be safe and have a great Thursday.  Dubai UAE golf this morning and Sony Open this afternoon... welcome back TV golf!!

How are you feeling? 

image.png.ec65754993cb81a3d0a7d15c70ab8fd1.png  Anyday Maverick Black Ops 7-way

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Fujikura Motore X F3

:PXG:0211 Hybrid 3 19° w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 70

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

image.png.0f5b009ff3d83fdae5e2e361f9676226.png DF3 w/BGT Stability ONE Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:titleist-small: Pro V1 

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Tests No Longer in the Bag

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

3 hours ago, Preeway said:

Good morning everyone. Woke up to sad news. Sounds like the Oregon head coach is already in AL interviewing for the now open position. Thought AL would at least let Saban’s chair get cold before taking interviews. Hopefully the TX coach puts forward a better interview, lol. Oh well. Coffee is ready and my dog can’t figure out why I won’t feed him like I normally do. He has a vet appointment so he has a few more hours of humans disappointing him left to go. Hope everyone has a great day ahead and hope to jump on the community call for at least a little bit later today. 

His pending retirement has been known for awhile and a plan has been in place to act quickly.  Before the public announcement Saban supposedly met with the team to inform them, and told them a coach would be named within 72 hours.  We will see.  Supposedly family health issues. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

8 minutes ago, GaryF said:

His pending retirement has been known for awhile and a plan has been in place to cat quickly.  Before the public announcement Saban supposedly met with the team to infirm them, and told them a coach would be named within 72 hours.  We will see.  Supposedly family health issues. 

That would make sense. Couldn’t imagine his departure catching people off guard. Not his style. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Velocore+ Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Pro X3+

2 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

About to hit the road for the weekend, heading to San Diego. Might peruse the mom and pop shops they have out here for any deals. Have a great weekend everybody.

Have a great trip.

There's really great driving range, think it's called Stadium Golf, not 100% on that, but it's lit and has a pretty good golf shop attached last time I was there, but it's been a few years.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

26 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Another Good Afternoon for me.  I promise I don't' sleep until 1:00 PM.   Just seems like my mornings fly by.

I havent even had a chance to watch the release videos on the Cobra and Wilson launches today...can you believe that 🙂

Wait, aren't you involved in making them? 😂 😆 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

Wait, aren't you involved in making them? 😂 😆 

I had my one 15 minutes of fame, well guess it was 27 minutes actually 🙂

33 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ah I got it right!!   

Funny Story, I was in town for a conference a few years ago.   Staying at the Hilton near Petco Park.   I had some free time but no car and no knowledge of the area.   At the time I was on WRX before I found MGS, Posted something about best range to go to etc.    One of the members answered stadium golf and where it was located.    I said thanks and was going to see if I cold get taxi etc.   A few minutes later I got a PM from him, saying he was planning on going up there and would be happy to pick me up a the hotel.  

I thought, sure get into a car in a town 2,000 miles from home, with some guy I've met except for 1 exchange on the internet!  What could  possibly go wrong? 

So naturally, I told him.   "Sound great, I'll be out front in 20 minutes"   🤣     

We had a great time, and I lived to tell about it. 

8 years later, we are very good friends, and on a return trip a couple months later for a meeting at Callaway, I called him up, we played Torrey Pines, and took him with me to a meeting I had planned at Callaway and he introduced me to wonders of the Costco Hot Dogs 🙂 

So yeah, I definitely remember that place

Ahh yes, the most beautiful thing on this earth... a Costco Hot Dog! That is an amazing story, and actually pretty indicative of San Diego as a city in general. For the most part, very friendly area of California compared to most others. I hope to one day have a great golf story like this one, and I am sure I will as I get out there more often. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max 10.5°

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 25°, :titleist-small: Tsi2 21°

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM10 - 50° 12f, 54° 14f, 58° 14k

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :vice: Pro Air

Bag: Ghost Golf Maverick 14-Way 

Glove: Nexgen Nano-X Pro Tour+

40 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ah I got it right!!   

Funny Story, I was in town for a conference a few years ago.   Staying at the Hilton near Petco Park.   I had some free time but no car and no knowledge of the area.   At the time I was on WRX before I found MGS, Posted something about best range to go to etc.    One of the members answered stadium golf and where it was located.    I said thanks and was going to see if I cold get taxi etc.   A few minutes later I got a PM from him, saying he was planning on going up there and would be happy to pick me up a the hotel.  

I thought, sure get into a car in a town 2,000 miles from home, with some guy I've met except for 1 exchange on the internet!  What could  possibly go wrong? 

So naturally, I told him.   "Sound great, I'll be out front in 20 minutes"   🤣     

We had a great time, and I lived to tell about it. 

8 years later, we are very good friends, and on a return trip a couple months later for a meeting at Callaway, I called him up, we played Torrey Pines, and took him with me to a meeting I had planned at Callaway and he introduced me to wonders of the Costco Hot Dogs 🙂 

So yeah, I definitely remember that place

Great story!! Golf definitely provides opportunities for good friendships. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

5 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Ahh yes, the most beautiful thing on this earth... a Costco Hot Dog! That is an amazing story, and actually pretty indicative of San Diego as a city in general. For the most part, very friendly area of California compared to most others. I hope to one day have a great golf story like this one, and I am sure I will as I get out there more often. 

Yeah, it's probably one of top 3 cities in the US.   Had a couple recent oportunties to work at a couple of the golf companies based there, if I was only 15 or 20 years younger, I would have jumped at it.