The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

Made a tweak to my Scotland itinerary. With a 7 am flight home, and my base a 45 minute drive from the airport, I didn't want to have to get up at 3 a.m. to get to the airport. So I cancelled my last night at the base and got a room a lot closer to the airport. Still getting up stoopid early but an extra 30 minutes or so. Probably will be eating breakfast at the airport anyway. Or at Heathrow on my layover.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

1 hour ago, Jim Shaw said:

Good morning spy’s 

pretty much a tough weekend for putting for me, 34-34 putts per day led to 81-77, 25th. Place finish at the Arbutus Ridge Open tournament. 
Back to the practice green for me today..I did want to post this picture taken between number 8 and 9 of the course. Have a great day everyone.. 

IMG_0716.mov 18.49 MB · 2 downloads  

Very nice and scenic video.  Enjoyed that.

39 minutes ago, JoshsGolfQuest said:

1st cup of coffee & it's not mixing well with my hangover of paint fumes from painting the deck (11 gallons) yesterday. Wife has been told, "I'm golfing next weekend!". Got a new shaft for my driver after bugging the local guys at 2nd Swing Golf for the last 4 weeks by testing everything they had, then getting something from Amazon. To be fair, I'll be regripping everything there this month, just gotta make sure I don't lose the clubs for too long. 

Welcome @JoshsGolfQuest to the good morning forum.  You will find there are many good, friendly and helpful people here.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, TM MG4 SB 48*/09*, HB 54*/13*, TW 60*/11*, Accra ICWT 95 M4

Putter: L.A.B. DF3, TPT shaft, pistol grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

1 hour ago, JoshsGolfQuest said:

1st cup of coffee & it's not mixing well with my hangover of paint fumes from painting the deck (11 gallons) yesterday. Wife has been told, "I'm golfing next weekend!". Got a new shaft for my driver after bugging the local guys at 2nd Swing Golf for the last 4 weeks by testing everything they had, then getting something from Amazon. To be fair, I'll be regripping everything there this month, just gotta make sure I don't lose the clubs for too long. 

Welcome to the thread!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Good morning fellow spies on a beautiful and sunny Wisconsin day. Getting back into the swing of things coming off my buddies weekend and we had a great time. Golf got progressively worse as the weekend wore along 🤣 but it was not a weekend about scores as much as it was enjoying good company. 

The Darkspeed X driver performed incredibly, incredibly well. I will cover more in my review thread, but it is safe to say that it has taken a stronghold on the top spot of my bag. 

Still recovering from a lack of quality sleep from the weekend, so caffeine will be my best friend today lol.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and has a great day today!

Send sun my way please

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

3 hours ago, Big moose said:

Well,back from the OBX and it's back to reality it's from 88 to 58 what a shock to the system. Golf today after a week off this should be interesting. Hit'm well everyone. 

Shot 46 with an 8 on a par 5, otherwise not too bad.

Frank musolino 

5 hours ago, William P said:

Good Monday morning fellow Spies!

Welcome break as it's starting out cooler this morning and not expected to get into the 90's today or the next couple of days. Slight chance of rain but nothing like last couple of weeks. So maybe after three weeks of no league we will finally get back on schedule...

@buckpillar have a great vacation and enjoy the golf!

@Erin B hope everything works out well for your wife and gets her feeling better soon.

@skraeling I can definitely relate as I experienced the same issue earlier this year. Not sure when but I know it was on the 10th hole that my H4 decided to jump ship and swim for its life... Very frustrating to say the least but I ended up replacing it with the V5 watch.

Great video of the airshow @rkj427!

Travel safe @Preeway!

Hope everyone has a great day to start their week!

@William P Thanks, but that's my schedule every other week, I work Thursday night 8pm to 8am five days straight finish up Tuesday morning, then off five days the work Sunday Monday nights and have 2 days off. Then I get to repeat it again... I love it!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

2 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I love air shows. Back in my army days, I was stationed at Ft. Lewis and there used to be an air show at Paine Field. (It's the airfield right at the Boeing factory in Everett, WA) I saw the SR-71 fly from there. Fast forward 20 years, I am living just south of Everett and have a membership to Paul Allen's Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Musem which is located on Paine Field. They would do regular flying days. Below are some of my photos from there. 

IMG_3153.JPG.d89bc7744a2de90f7b01f8735ee3c947.JPGIMG_3266.JPG.5fd859742e6e9aa923fd5294b354174f.JPGIMGP0179.jpg.1db77436a22317d39691027370a1e644.jpgIMGP0278.jpg.ce4598f03d862d20ffe93ca6a5e21a9d.jpgIMGP0287.jpg.4d444b4603eddcfb6b1f1c02613cd106.jpg

Isn't the one just up from the bottom a MiG of some sort, maybe the MiG-15? I think that's a P-47 on top, which was a flying tank if there ever was one. And P-51s are absolutely awesome. I knew a doctor when I was a kid who had restored a P-51. Unfortunately it's a one seater and you can't take rides. (My dad is a pilot and devotee of WWII-era airplanes; he built a ton of scale models of them when I was little. Think he still has one in his study somewhere.)

3 hours ago, Big moose said:

Well,back from the OBX and it's back to reality it's from 88 to 58 what a shock to the system. Golf today after a week off this should be interesting. Hit'm well everyone. 

I'm looking at that transition in reverse. Yesterday's high at the Casa: 94. Yesterday's high at Fortrose, Scotland: 53. It'll be a little warmer there in three weeks, but not much; generally highs in the low 60s in early July. Don't think packing shorts will be especially useful.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024. Final review here: FFG review

8 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Have you been playing any music lately

Me? No no no .. my musical talent is limited to working the buttons on the car radio 😝😝😝

Maybe you're thinking of @funkyjudge or @EasyPutter or not sure whom else on here who are musicians. 

I just enjoyed the concert so much had to write about it! Thx

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

@William P Thanks, but that's my schedule every other week, I work Thursday night 8pm to 8am five days straight finish up Tuesday morning, then off five days the work Sunday Monday nights and have 2 days off. Then I get to repeat it again... I love it!

Great Schedule! Nothing in the manufacturing world like that when I was still at it...

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

9 hours ago, JoshsGolfQuest said:

Welcome @JoshsGolfQuest! You'll find your morning/day isn't complete without reading and catching up on the morning thread! 

Driver: image.png.f2fe7619b0a04dd4a12ac39783f39b10.png Aerojet LS 10.5 image.png.3c329ee54f4af0d332191de3b277d11b.png Kai Li 60R                 3 wood: default_taylormade-small.jpg.79932727ec2389ce0aa081d30367fb26.jpg M2

Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg.37fc98ff7c0a349b54abfa700e702ccb.jpg Speedblades 4i-PW                                                 Wedge: Cleveland.png.d2fe634fd9a3aaef5fed913a65c8e7dd.png CBX

Sand:  Wilson.gif.d7be7e11732484fb3c7959312e0e3bf3.gif Wilson Pro Staff                                                    Putter:  image.png.b7573f2e65bd0b7d6e014f5a8fa57579.png DF3

Ball: image.png.3706b1d653d1cf95b7231645d19bf8ad.png Pro shade                                                                        Cart: image.png.c49446b33f13453112cc2c4ef189d63d.pngQuad XL

Other: Golf Pad image.png.d0effd2610f24951b9ffd1e5597c25ba.png

"The more I work and practice, the luckier I seem to get.” -Gary Player

“The proper score for a businessman golfer is 90. If he is better than that he is neglecting his business. If he’s worse, he’s neglecting his golf.” -St Andrews Rotary Club Member