Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

I like Cobra Clubs

ACalling

Throwing this up as I feel that Cobra is getting some respect but never see it on the top of anyones lists. Always the bridesmaid...

I got fit for the King Forged Tec irons in 2021, and after a full season last year I find these clubs to be excellent. At the fitting it was a relative tie between these and a set of Taylormade P790s (maybe P770's) and ended up with choosing the Cobras solely because I could get the same performance for less than half the price. I was leaving a set of Ping G irons behind which I loved, (I now have Ping G400 Driver and 3-wood and the G410UI, brand loyalties are tough to change...) but it was exciting and nerve-wracking going from Game Improvements to Players Distance clubs. I have been getting better at golf but lets be honest everyones got an ego and thinks they should get some blades, so the last thing I wanted was to get some nicer, newer clubs and forget how to hit a ball. But these clubs have taken great care of me. They give the responsiveness that was missing before, I now can feel every mishit and where it was on the face, but the surprising thing is that you cant tell in the result of the shot. And when you strike in the center these give as good a feeling as I have felt from any manufacturer. Gonna rock these clubs for a while and when its time for some new ones again you can bet that Cobra will be on the top of the list. 

What I'm trying to say is I hope that they can crack into that upper level amongst the Titleists, Taylormades and Callaways. 

Clubs.jpg

WITB:

Driver: PING G400

3W: Ping G400

3 Utility Iron: Ping G410

5-GW: Cobra Forged Tec (2020) KBS $-Taper 125 x-stiff shafts (Club Champion fitting)

Wedges: 52,56,60 (mixed)

P: Cleveland Frontline 8.0 Wide blade

HCP: 11

I think Cobra makes some great stuff, I was not at all surprised by the Brand Perception Survey MGS released a few months ago that people seem to overlook it and go towards the bigger names. Used to have the F9 Speedback Irons and I still play the King F9 Speedback driver, have hit most of the major drivers over the past few years (a few shots here and there, not in bag) and still like the F9 more than any other i've hit. The new Aerojet (dumb name) scored really well in the 2023 most wanted, I might give that one a look

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

I had a Cobra X Speed Driver for several years which was an awesome club and BioCell 4-wood which was a super hot face, but I had the wrong shaft in it for my swing. Both were great clubs and performed as well as any other OEM.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Cobras have always been very well received and reviewed here, save for some extenuating circumstances.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I have King Speedzone irons that I was fitted for 4 years ago and after hundreds of rounds they continue to impress me - not only perform well but look great. I also have a King F9 5 wood  and Radspeed 3 wood, both are a bit worse for wear but still perform well.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm still using 11 of the 13 Cobra clubs I got as part of Cobra Connect 4.  The forged tec irons and MIM wedges have been as good as anything else for me.  Super consistent, no crazy hot spots or fliers, gapping is great, sound and feel all good.

While I may be making an update to them soon, the Forged Tecs have made me always consider what Cobra has on the market when it comes time to upgrade.  I think they make top tier stuff.  

And the 5-wood isn't going anywhere.  Love that thing.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Thoroughly enjoy all my cobra gear, driver, hybrid and irons. Much prefer my forged tecs over my previous 790s and my radspeed is a difficult knock out of the bag!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

For several years I gamed the F8 irons and loved them, the only reason I replaced them was to make room for a set of Mizuno JPX 921 Forged. They're now in the bag of a guy I work with, he had a set of old Callaway Big Bertha's that needed to be replaced.

I still carry F9 fairways and I plan on keeping them in the bag for a long time. 

I honestly believe Cobra makes quality equipment and I'll always want to give them a test if I'm ever looking to replace anything else in my bag. 

4 hours ago, jkimbrell0 said:

I think Cobra makes some great stuff, I was not at all surprised by the Brand Perception Survey MGS released a few months ago that people seem to overlook it and go towards the bigger names. Used to have the F9 Speedback Irons and I still play the King F9 Speedback driver, have hit most of the major drivers over the past few years (a few shots here and there, not in bag) and still like the F9 more than any other i've hit. The new Aerojet (dumb name) scored really well in the 2023 most wanted, I might give that one a look

My buddy just picked up a second-hand (but never-been used...) 2018 Cobra King F8 FULL bag setup.  Drive, fairway woods, hybrid, irons, wedges, and even a bag.  I'm super jealous after checking it out.  He definitely lucked out.  I was definitely one of those people who had overlooked Cobra in the past.  My respect for Cobra has definitely grown.

Big Cobra fan!!

Cobraskullshot.png.703c371c6d966fd6f3cda0f862c8df96.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

The new Cobra King Tour and Forged Tec are in my shortlist of irons to possibly put into play this year. 

I have a 3 wood that may never leave my bag and own a set of fly z pros which are just stunning, but a little more than I can handle. 

Cobra gets a big thumbs up here!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

24 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The new Cobra King Tour and Forged Tec are in my shortlist of irons to possibly put into play this year. 

... Sadly the King Tours just didn't fit my eye but I am very picky about my irons. That said, I am considering picking up a second set of MIM Tours now that they are on sale for about 1/2 price. I have never seen a better looking iron at address with the leading edge, hosel grind, top line and size looking like I designed them. The heel could be a little taller but I am nit picking and made that comment in my original review. I have gotten used to that look so no longer a distraction and I don't even notice it anymore unless I set them down next to some Pro 223's or T100's. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have a 3 wood that may never leave my bag and own a set of fly z pros which are just stunning, but a little more than I can handle. 

I highly recommend the Forged Tec and Forged Tec X irons — great feel and performance!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

The aerojet irons with Kbs steel shafts have caught my eye in the sporting goods. They feel balanced like I would hope and sturdy in a way that's hard to describe, like confidence that forgiveness will cover some contact imperfections.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Our recent move to AZ and a golf centric community has given me an opportunity to attend 4 demo days since last October and I have tested every major OEM's newest offerings.  The ForgeTec X with KBS shafts still have the #1 spot.  I have hit those 3x now and, were it not for having recently purchased the ZX5's. would probably have already ordered a set.

Based on e-traffic here and elsewhere, I get the sense that Cobra has a solid following and seems to still be growing.  For those who are brand agnostic (or nearly so), odds are Cobra has some arrows that will compete well with some or all of those in one's quiver.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I've gotta say, i feel like.ive never really considered cobra irons, just never gravitated to them. Cobra woods on the other hand are money. My bag has always been mostly cobra for the last like 10 years.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! 

Swing your Swing.

I’ve been playing the Cobra Radspeed XB driver for a couple years now and I’ve yet to find a more forgiving lower spin driver… LONG and Straight + Peacoat matte finish is sharp. The CNC milled face feels solid and you can always see where you made contact on the face!

The My Golf Spy review was spot on at the time and it still holds true: https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/cobra-radspeed-drivers/

DFBEE5ED-8610-44EB-ABF4-091142C0CD39.jpeg

Edited by m3saros

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Davis said:

I've gotta say, i feel like.ive never really considered cobra irons, just never gravitated to them. Cobra woods on the other hand are money. My bag has always been mostly cobra for the last like 10 years.

Funny because I have been the opposite. Although I have played Fly Z plus driver, LTD original and limited edition black and now both the F7 and Speedzone fairways it has always been their irons that I have really loved starting with the forged tec original. I love those irons and always will haha

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

+1 vote for Cobra

Always enjoyed their hybrids, fw woods and drivers... also the fact that they are always priced a little lower than the other big OEMs is a plus.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I have played Cobra clubs starting with F8's , went thru the F9 woods & Hybrids. Played the forge tech with wrong shafts. I was fitted this past year with complete set of LTD's with KBS graphite shafts in the irons and hybrids . I have hit indoors due to winter, now itching to see if they feel as good as they do outdoors as indoors . hoping they work for me  , 66 years old leftie 

Driver - LTD max with Kura Kage shaft 

3 wood  with Evenflow shaft 

3,4,5 hybrids with KBS graphite 

6 - Gap irons with KBS graphite 

Cleveland 52, 58 degree CBX 2 wedges 

Ping Tomcat putter 

I have been hooked since I hit my dad’s King Cobra 2 oversize Gap wedge as a teenager. Still have my F-Speed 5 wood in the bag because I haven’t hit anything I like better. Radspeed irons because I hadn’t played a lot the last few years and wanted some help getting back into the game and the Radspeed XB driver. The logo has had me since I was a kid. I want to get to a point where I can play the Forged Tecs

I’ve got a bad reeling about this

I have used a Cobra driver for the last 6 years ( 2 different models) and it is the best driver for combined accuracy and distance that I have ever owned.  

Srixon Irons

Cobra Driver

Volkey Wedges

Evenroll putter 

3 hole in ones so far ( Ohio, Hawaii, Australia )

51 minutes ago, hack62tpi said:

I think people don't know how good Cobra equipment is. I got a set of Cobra King F8 one length irons because I was curious.

They turned out to be a fantastic iron exceeding my expectations.

I was curious about the one length but as I bought my irons a few months back finding the one length Radspeed was impossible 😂. Maybe next set

23 hours ago, ACalling said:

Throwing this up as I feel that Cobra is getting some respect but never see it on the top of anyones lists. Always the bridesmaid...

I got fit for the King Forged Tec irons in 2021, and after a full season last year I find these clubs to be excellent. At the fitting it was a relative tie between these and a set of Taylormade P790s (maybe P770's) and ended up with choosing the Cobras solely because I could get the same performance for less than half the price. I was leaving a set of Ping G irons behind which I loved, (I now have Ping G400 Driver and 3-wood and the G410UI, brand loyalties are tough to change...) but it was exciting and nerve-wracking going from Game Improvements to Players Distance clubs. I have been getting better at golf but lets be honest everyones got an ego and thinks they should get some blades, so the last thing I wanted was to get some nicer, newer clubs and forget how to hit a ball. But these clubs have taken great care of me. They give the responsiveness that was missing before, I now can feel every mishit and where it was on the face, but the surprising thing is that you cant tell in the result of the shot. And when you strike in the center these give as good a feeling as I have felt from any manufacturer. Gonna rock these clubs for a while and when its time for some new ones again you can bet that Cobra will be on the top of the list. 

What I'm trying to say is I hope that they can crack into that upper level amongst the Titleists, Taylormades and Callaways. 

Clubs.jpg

I play the Aerojet Driver and 3w along with  the LTDx hybrids.  Irons are Callaway Rogue ST Max largely because Golftec didn’t have cobras to fit.  Their clubs are quality and get a bad rap.  Resale isn’t great either, but you make up for that with the cheaper price upfront.  

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

I put some cobra fairways (Radspeed 3w,5w,7w) in the bag last year and was blown away by how hot the face is. I will be looking into a cobra driver at my next driver fitting. 

Callaway epic max driver

cobra rad speed fairway woods

Mizuno jpx 921 hot metal pro

Cleveland CBX wedges

Cleveland Huntington Beach putter

3 minutes ago, Tkdblackbelt said:

I put some cobra fairways (Radspeed 3w,5w,7w) in the bag last year and was blown away by how hot the face is. I will be looking into a cobra driver at my next driver fitting. 

I have a LTDx 9* Limited Edition head that I am looking to sell.  Might be something for you to look at.  Loved the head, but got fit at Club Champion for shaft and Aerojet.  You know how that goes…just spend more money!  

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

1 hour ago, Tkdblackbelt said:

What distances do you see out of them I have an old F-Speed 5 wood that has always crushed the ball and I scored a 3 wood in that line the other day. Curious if it might be time to replace

According to arccos my 5w avg is 238 and my 7w is 217. 

I haven’t been using the 3w for a bit. 

Callaway epic max driver

cobra rad speed fairway woods

Mizuno jpx 921 hot metal pro

Cleveland CBX wedges

Cleveland Huntington Beach putter