If there is a will to golf there is a way

Goober

Morning gents. Played with this really awesome individual yesterday. He allocates 45 mins to one hour for golf during the week after work. Which allows him to hit a half bucket of balls, get some chips and putts in. And play 3 holes of golf. The third hole ends up by the parking lot where he leaves to have dinner with his family. Told me he has been doing this for over a decade now. And will continue to do this until his daughters are in college. The last time he played a full round of golf was over a decade ago as well. Really thought this was a great story to share for all of you who struggle with time. It can be done. Playing 9 or 18 really isn’t a necessity to be considered a golf enthusiast.

That was the way I played most of my golf for about a 10 year stretch as our kid was growing up.  A course that didnt get a lot of play was about 5 min away which made it convenient to get a few holes in if I had a spare hour or so.  I may have stretched that into 1-1/2 hours on occasion if I was playing well and wanted to get 9 in!  Because it was rarely busy in the evenings I could play a few balls or drop some balls on holes to practice specific shots instead of just playing straight golf.  However, it spoiled me on pace of play and I never play by choice on weekends anymore.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

My last course and now my new one knows to schedule me for the first tee time Sunday mornings. First one-off solo round and home in three hours (walking). I'm home when everyone is just getting up and going. It has worked for me for the last 18 years. Friday afternoons are a bonus if I can get them in. Even though the youngest is 20 I still want whatever time I have left with them before they move out on their own. Plus, I'm still working full time.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 5/8/2023 at 12:48 PM, Goober said:

Morning gents. Played with this really awesome individual yesterday. He allocates 45 mins to one hour for golf during the week after work. Which allows him to hit a half bucket of balls, get some chips and putts in. And play 3 holes of golf. The third hole ends up by the parking lot where he leaves to have dinner with his family. Told me he has been doing this for over a decade now. And will continue to do this until his daughters are in college. The last time he played a full round of golf was over a decade ago as well. Really thought this was a great story to share for all of you who struggle with time. It can be done. Playing 9 or 18 really isn’t a necessity to be considered a golf enthusiast.

Actually this is very nice, in the past I used to play very little, now we spend about 2 hours a week on golf and I must say that my playing skills have increased a lot. Besides this fact I have to recommend this source https://samplius.com/essay-types/ because I think it is very good and it will be good for your daughters in college, with its help I practically finished college without making a big effort, because with the help of this source I managed to do a lot of writings that I had a hard time because I am bad at it.

Edited by ireneegonzalez