Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

2023 Ryder Cup - Official Thread

GolfSpy_APH

So far I am really enjoying all the matches! Great golf being played by some of the best in the world. While my fellow Americans are not playing their absolute best, I don’t think they are phoning it in either. Golf is hard!

The Euros are just loaded with talent and have been on fire in the mornings then cool off a bit in the afternoons. All credit goes to them for sure.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting and exciting for sure. Regardless of who wins the cup. The fans of this great game are the biggest winners!

I know….cheesy post but I just can’t troll these guys lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges:  Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png56 Deg, 60 Deg

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Balls: Titleist ProV1

I’m guessing teammates will let Cantkay back at the adult table now. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Zach talking Jordan out of hitting driver on 16 so he can proceed to dunk a 3 wood into the lake is a perfect metaphor for his captaincy.

I will eat my words on JT…dude has been one of the few bright points of this anemic team.

Also…Did Rickie Fowler date Zach’s daughter in HS or something?  If it’s not illness what in the world could be keeping him off the course??

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I saw a clip of a very angry Rory being restrained by Shane Lowry. Does anyone know what led up to this?

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

3 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I saw a clip of a very angry Rory being restrained by Shane Lowry. Does anyone know what led up to this?

Was just coming to ask about the same thing...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

7 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

If you can trust Twitter - something about a waving hat while Rory was getting ready to putt.

Screenshot_20230930-194653.png

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

Pretty sure it started with the Lacava/Lowry interaction after Lacava waved his hat after Cantlay made the putt on 18.  

https://dknetwork.draftkings.com/2023/9/30/23897277/rory-mcilroy-angry-leaving-ryder-cup-joe-lacava-bones-mackay-team-europe-usa-rome-video

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

There was sone great golf down the stretch today. I enjoyed that. Anyone else? 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

It will ve interesting to see what comes of it. Saw another post about Lavava stepping all over putting lines. 

Screenshot_20230930_134525_Instagram.jpg.726556b76cd3d749f82c93cfe4d2b63e.jpg

Edited by jdparker

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, revkev said:

Also I have some sympathy for Cantlay - this is not your father's Ryder Cup.  Billions of dollars are being made on this event.  He's a professional golfer.... 

Their all multi-millionaires.  They, their family, and staff are being treated to a 5 star stay in Italy.  They have the honor of representing the country.  No pass or sympathy from me.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Their all multi-millionaires.  They, their family, and staff are being treated to a 5 star stay in Italy.  They have the honor of representing the country.  No pass or sympathy from me.

I'm sorry we are going to disagree here - there are people making hundreds of millions dollars off of them who own those 5 star hotels.  You don't think that they are going to benefit by saying, "The US Ryder cup team stayed here?"  

The event does not happen without the players.  How far down the list of players would start to diminish the event and more importantly the profits being made?

This started as an exhibition match put on by the ruling bodies of the British Isles and the US.  Human nature being what it is I'm sure there was a good deal of discussion in that day about player compensation, or not.  

Now though it's become a cash cow.  Just because the players are multi millionaires doesn't entitle people to make a fortune off of them without their being compensated.  They should get what they can get.  That's my opinion and I know it's not the popular one.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I will get back to did anyone notice the golf being played or was the coverage so bad that you missed it?  That's possible, too.  😞

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 hour ago, jdparker said:

It will ve interesting to see what comes of it. Saw another post about Lavava stepping all over putting lines. 

Screenshot_20230930_134525_Instagram.jpg.726556b76cd3d749f82c93cfe4d2b63e.jpg

Wow, you mean we were that close to the event actually getting interesting? 😆

8 minutes ago, revkev said:

I'm sorry we are going to disagree here - there are people making hundreds of millions dollars off of them who own those 5 star hotels.  You don't think that they are going to benefit by saying, "The US Ryder cup team stayed here?"  

The event does not happen without the players.  How far down the list of players would start to diminish the event and more importantly the profits being made?

This started as an exhibition match put on by the ruling bodies of the British Isles and the US.  Human nature being what it is I'm sure there was a good deal of discussion in that day about player compensation, or not.  

Now though it's become a cash cow.  Just because the players are multi millionaires doesn't entitle people to make a fortune off of them without their being compensated.  They should get what they can get.  That's my opinion and I know it's not the popular one.  

Great, we get to see the Ryder Cup ruined by money too. 😑

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, you mean we were that close to the event actually getting interesting? 😆

Great, we get to see the Ryder Cup ruined by money too. 😑

I don't think we'd see a difference, honestly.  You don't perceive it as a huge money-making event, now?  I do, I still enjoy it.  The only thing that money ruined for me was college football with its BCS money grab that destroyed its Bowl money grabs but I enjoyed those.  Now that they are being more open and honest about the profits they make on the sport I'm watching some again.  Mainly because I'm stuck home with COVID but I've been watching it today. 🙂

We enjoy the Majors and guys get paid a lot of money to win those.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

1 minute ago, revkev said:

I don't think we'd see a difference, honestly.  You don't perceive it as a huge money-making event, now?  I do, I still enjoy it.  The only thing that money ruined for me was college football with its BCS money grab that destroyed its Bowl money grabs but I enjoyed those.  Now that they are being more open and honest about the profits they make on the sport I'm watching some again.  Mainly because I'm stuck home with COVID but I've been watching it today. 🙂

We enjoy the Majors and guys get paid a lot of money to win those.

I just view the RC in a different light than you do.  I also think the Euro's would pay to play for their country... and that is showing more and more frequently every other year.  Hope you feel better.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just view the RC in a different light than you do.  I also think the Euro's would pay to play for their country... and that is showing more and more frequently every other year.  Hope you feel better.

Yep no doubt and I respect your opinion.  I'm just saying I don't hate a guy for wanting to be paid.  Now it appears as if that's not the case here either - the stupid hat just didn't fit. 🙂

I will be there tomorrow AM for the golf - hopefully some more shots like that incredible pitch that Rory hit on 17, that was amazing as was his three wood the hole before.  Even Cantlay's three wood on 18 was amazing, such a smooth swing under pressure, he missed perfection by a few feet and ended up almost unplayable.  This is a wonderful golf course and it's set up perfectly.  

And I agree that the Euro team always has the appearance of team above individual, Europe above individual too which is interesting given that they come from different countries.  They also manage to grab the underdog role which is ridiculous.  Look at their team for crying out loud.  That's a very, very good team.   A quick look at the singles matches and I'm thinking very even.  Then throw in that a lot of our guys aren't playing up to form and this result is predictable.  

I feel okay, this hasn't been that bad, hasn't been great, somewhere between a bad head cold and moderate flu I'd say.   I'm just following the protocol - I'm around a ton of vulnerable people both at work and from the congregation, I certainly don't want to see one of them get sick because of me.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It would seems all that is left is to pick which Euro player gets the winning point.  Rory placed in the catbird position to win the cup... presuming all goes as Luke plans in the first 3 rounds.  Is this by design or pure coincidence?  So how do you see this playing out?  Can you imagine an ending where the much maligned Speith gets the winning point for the US?  Yea, me neither 🤣.

image.png.35dcb3b5fa24a0043f26f2197da2bb83.png

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Not sure how many are watching this morning, but certainly seems and feels like this is over. Absolutely shocking...

I am not shocked at all.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Weird to be setting the alarm instead of record. Since I have one more day of confinement I’m hoping for sone good golf. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Is there a betting line whether Rory takes a swing at someone?  Caddy or Player?

This looks like the only excitement in Rome today.

i find it amusing since Bones seems like the most laid back Caddy on the PGA Tour.  Don’t know much about the other caddies.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

8 hours ago, KC Golf said:

Is there a betting line whether Rory takes a swing at someone?  Caddy or Player?

This looks like the only excitement in Rome today.

i find it amusing since Bones seems like the most laid back Caddy on the PGA Tour.  Don’t know much about the other caddies.

As I understand it the issue wasn't with Bones - it was with Joey LaCava - Bones happened to be the one that Rory saw latter in the Parking lot.  Also LaCava would be the wrong guy to pick a fight with so Rory may have been exercising a bit of discretion.  

Back to the golf this is continuing to be an embarrassment.  I continue to maintain that not playing is what has killed the American team.  They would still be at a disadvantage even if they were sharp.  These teams are very even in regards to talent and the home course advantage would tip the scales in the Euro's favor for certain.  

Plus they'd have a huge advantage in the team competition because they are able to pair someone with Rahm, Rory and Hovland for as many as 12 matches - currently the US does not have a player to match those 3 day in and day out.  This is where LIV has actually killed us - Brooks or Bryson would give us another guy in the mix to match up - I don't think their games are as sharp as they could be if they were on the PGA tour.  When you think of the best US players Scottie's ball striking keeps him up there but he's not winning tournaments because of his putting - that keeps you at the top of the world rankings but isn't helpful in match play scenarios where its win or go home.  Spieth and Thomas are off.  Cantlay and Homa are currently our two best players.  Normally they'd be expected to be in the 4-8 range.  But just remember that everyone was declaring it a new era of US golf supremacy after Whistling so a lot can happen in two years.  In regards to pro golf, a lot can happen in two months.   

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

That shot by Rahm was sick. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Rory 🙄 when is he not upset/complaining about something 

Don’t see anyone getting on Shane Lowry or even Justin Rose for their celebrations

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5", Draw setting)
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 5.5 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.25”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

Funny how JT and Co decide to not wear a hat to make a point under that sun lol

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Some decent golf so far this morning. Watching Burns and McIlroy and the pace of play is brutal. Cantlay and Rose are a full hole behind they said.  Was it designed that way by one of the captains...  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

24 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

Rory 🙄 when is he not upset/complaining about something 

Don’t see anyone getting on Shane Lowry or even Justin Rose for their celebrations

Are they celebrating while the their opponent still has to putt?

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

What an enjoyment to watch Hovland play, so effortless and he looks so happy playing...

Ryder Cup YouTube broadcast is hammering the Cantlay Rose match for slow play. Just showed an overview of where the matches are on the course and there's a good hole plus between that group and hovland and Collin 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Ryder Cup YouTube broadcast is hammering the Cantlay Rose match for slow play. Just showed an overview of where the matches are on the course and there's a good hole plus between that group and hovland and Collin 

Color me shocked…

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift