Odyssey Ai-ONE Milled Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy BOS

Too bad you weren't able to do a side by side test. Of course different putter weights may not be a fair comparison as your stroke speed would probably be different to compensate. 

Sorry you had a crappy round

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Another mediocre putting performance today at men's league.  Three more 3 putts, two of which were inside 2 feet lip outs... as in horseshoes heading back to me 🤨. And just when I thought the Seven T CH was running away with the "play it" decision.  Hold your horses.

giphy.gif

The lag putts were back to normal but I did not make one putt from the 6-12 foot range.  The 3 putts were for birdies that became bogies - so damn maddening 😠.  I did make a 30 footer for birdie/net eagle that won a gross and net skin but never really scared the holes with reasonable birdie chances.

Funny thing is that both Monday and today's pre-round putting on the practice greens felt really good.  Maybe that "fold like a cheap patio chair under pressure" thing is back? 🤪  I think I'm going to play the ER5v on Friday and see what's up.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Is your putting game as mental as mine? I’ve been notorious for hot streaks and cold streaks but this past year was even more so with my Bettinardi. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

1 minute ago, Preeway said:

Is your putting game as mental as mine? I’ve been notorious for hot streaks and cold streaks but this past year was even more so with my Bettinardi. 

Yes it is, but that's what I was banking on the AI to remedy 😆.  Prior to this testing, I had the 3 putt thingy down to less than one per round.  Now it's come back with a vengence.  Did I mention how much I hate to 3 putt?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yes it is, but that's what I was banking on the AI to remedy 😆.  Prior to this testing, I had the 3 putt thingy down to less than one per round.  Now it's come back with a vengence.  Did I mention how much I hate to 3 putt?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Maybe I got lucky, maybe I got better? Whi knows, but since bonding with the DB, I definitely have e reduced my 3 putts significantly!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Well, I meant to swap out the putters this morning, got side-tracked and did not.  So, another round in the books with the Odyssey... and still kind of luke warm.  I did 1 putt the first hole for birdie from about 7 feet but that was pretty much the highlight reel.  This course is most definitely rolling the fastest of our 4 courses.  Maybe it was left over effect from the pummeling it gave me on Monday.

I'll definitely switch out for tomorrows round to see if it's the archer or the arrow.  Kind of bummed to be honest as both H2H tests and early on-course play were jiving pretty darn well.

May have missed it in posts, but how many of the testers (milled or non-milled) have either weighed or just compared the OEM spec weight of their gamer and test putter?  What were your results?

Edited by fixyurdivot

I weight mine but didn’t record it. Don’t recall if it was heavier or lighter but wasn’t sure exactly how to account for shaft and grip weight too.

Have you considered using a grip that would allow for a counter weight to be added?

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g

3 hours ago, Preeway said:

I weight mine but didn’t record it. Don’t recall if it was heavier or lighter but wasn’t sure exactly how to account for shaft and grip weight too.

Have you considered using a grip that would allow for a counter weight to be added?

Well, the Odyssey grip I ordered is a bit shorter in length and has my left hand low forefinger on the shaft, so perhaps another grip might be on the horizon.

Today I switched back to my ER5v and it performed well,  31 putts with one 3 putt.  I shot a 37/42 from the blue/white combo with a sub-standard ball striking day.  I think I'll switch right back to the Odyssey for the next round and see what happens.  My suspicion is that these two putters are pretty much scratch contenders and it's more archet than arrow.  What's great is having two top shelf flat sticks to choose from.

The highlight of the round was that one in the group shot his first ever sub 80 round... a 78!  He had 3 birdies on the front, nearly jugging the approach on #9 for an eagle. He was so psyched... really fun to watch 👍.  Post round libations were flowing, we even had hotdogs and Doritos 🫣.  I told him that from this day forward his scorecard expectations just changed.

Went out and hit some shots on the putting green yesterday and i can honestly say it was one of the best putting sessions I have had went around a club length away and went 9/10 i went two clubs away and went 7/10 so I backed it up to  roughly 12 feet and that's where the struggles came but I have always struggled from farther away typically though i hit it to hard i have noticed i was leaving them short anywhere from 3inches to a foot  the consistency is there and i am getting use to the weight now where it is a lot less of a burden unfortunately i dropped my phone and broke the screen while getting in the truck to leave so I lost my pictures of my practice and my putt putt video but all that means is I get more practice and get to do it again once my new phone comes in hopefully today 

Edited by Blaine Dye

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

With the warmer weather moving in, I'm hoping to get out to the putting green again soon to get a few more trials in before the final review gets put together.

I have been continuing to putt on and off with various putters from my "vintage" collection. Clearly the AI-ONE putter has really helped me keep consistent distance on off center hits.

Took the putter to my local big box golf store just to see what the reactions would be from others. I had filmed some of the interaction however, I opted not to show others faces (privacy concerns) and only about 2 of the vids were usable because of creative "adjectives" used during the conversation. Example: "That feel F***ing amazing!".... so... yea.

Anyhoo - the basic premise was, the putter was either received as either "Meh..." (skeptics) - or "Wow, that looks really good". After hands on, most agreed that it did have a certain feel, and distance was suprising. I'll add that as an added bonus at the end of my final review. 

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

20 minutes ago, ZoonORama said:

I have been continuing to putt on and off with various putters from my "vintage" collection. Clearly the AI-ONE putter has really helped me keep consistent distance on off center hits.

Took the putter to my local big box golf store just to see what the reactions would be from others. I had filmed some of the interaction however, I opted not to show others faces (privacy concerns) and only about 2 of the vids were usable because of creative "adjectives" used during the conversation. Example: "That feel F***ing amazing!".... so... yea.

Anyhoo - the basic premise was, the putter was either received as either "Meh..." (skeptics) - or "Wow, that looks really good". After hands on, most agreed that it did have a certain feel, and distance was suprising. I'll add that as an added bonus at the end of my final review. 

Face blur and beeeeps would probably be a good use...lol. I don't know how to do it,  but somebody does...😆 

2 hours ago, Blaine Dye said:

Went out and hit some shots on the putting green yesterday and i can honestly say it was one of the best putting sessions I have had went around a club length away and went 9/10 i went two clubs away and went 7/10 so I backed it up to  roughly 12 feet and that's where the struggles came but I have always struggled from farther away typically though i hit it to hard i have noticed i was leaving them short anywhere from 3inches to a foot  the consistency is there and i am getting use to the weight now where it is a lot less of a burden unfortunately i dropped my phone and broke the screen while getting in the truck to leave so I lost my pictures of my practice and my putt putt video but all that means is I get more practice and get to do it again once my new phone comes in hopefully today 

Bummer on the phone but hopefully those files will still be on your SIM card or in "Da Clouds" 😆.

2 hours ago, Preeway said:

With the warmer weather moving in, I'm hoping to get out to the putting green again soon to get a few more trials in before the final review gets put together.

Yea, I happen to see a little weather channel yesterday and the nasty stuff moving through your region.  They said a nice change is right behind it 👍

1 hour ago, ZoonORama said:

Now that is different/unique approach to product testing.  Keep in mind that YT has that "age restricted" designation 😉

After our round Saturday, one of my buddies said he noticed the change in putter headcovers and I told he and the others all about the MGS Odyssey test.  None are particularly up to date on latest equipment technology (naturally, they aren't spies 😊) so I explained the science behind the AI insert.  They seemed pretty impressed that level of tech went into a putter... I have to admit, so am I.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Bummer on the phone but hopefully those files will still be on your SIM card or in "Da Clouds" 😆.

Yea, I happen to see a little weather channel yesterday and the nasty stuff moving through your region.  They said a nice change is right behind it 👍

Now that is different/unique approach to product testing.  Keep in mind that YT has that "age restricted" designation 😉

After our round Saturday, one of my buddies said he noticed the change in putter headcovers and I told he and the others all about the MGS Odyssey test.  None are particularly up to date on latest equipment technology (naturally, they aren't spies 😊) so I explained the science behind the AI insert.  They seemed pretty impressed that level of tech went into a putter... I have to admit, so am I.

Makes me want to get a couple different covers that say Test or Top Secret or something... 😆 

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hopefully we will see tomorrow just got off the phone with Verizon and it will be at my store in the morning since they didn't have any of my phone in stock  

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

35 minutes ago, Blaine Dye said:

Hopefully we will see tomorrow just got off the phone with Verizon and it will be at my store in the morning since they didn't have any of my phone in stock  

Hopefully you have insurance.  The price of some phones are close to that of a set of clubs 😲.

Because I am committed to my official product tester responsibilities, the Odyssey is going back in the quiver for men's league play tomorrow.  Maybe the brief (one round) time on the bench gave it time to reflect on just how serious this endeavour is 🤨.  

Spoiler

But the truth is I really like the Seven T CH and want it to be my starter 😊.

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Because I am committed to my official product tester responsibilities, the Odyssey is going back in the quiver for men's league play tomorrow.  Maybe the brief (one round) time on the bench gave it time to reflect on just how serious this endeavour is 🤨.  

Reveal hidden contents

But the truth is I really like the Seven T CH and want it to be my starter 😊.

Good luck with it tomorrow!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 1/22/2024 at 2:59 PM, Rob Person said:

Makes me want to get a couple different covers that say Test or Top Secret or something... 😆 

That isn't a bad idea actually.... 🤔

Maybe I'll work up some vinyl stickers that could have the MGS logo and word TEST on it. To stick to the headcover or whatever else gets tested (official or unofficial). Definitely would be a conversation starter to be sure....

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

19 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Good luck with it tomorrow!

Well thanks!  As it turned out I shot a 39/38 at our individual net Stableford today, taking 1st place in first flight 🤩.  I had one of the best start to finish ball striking days I've had in a couple of months.  Only one 3w that I worm burned ugly but it did not hurt me.

But the real news was the Odyssey!!  14/17 putts with 6 one putts and 1 three putt 👍.  The 3 putt came on the par 5 #10 after hitting a great drive, 5w and wedge onto the green, but too long leaving a 40+ downhill.  I had been coming up a bit short and just over-cooked the lag sending it almost 10 feet past 🫣.  Several of the 1 putts were from about 5 feet for par saves.

So now the Evnroll is on the bench.  Certainly inanimate objects cannot possibly have a form of consciouness we are unaware of... right? 🤣

10 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well thanks!  As it turned out I shot a 39/38 at our individual net Stableford today, taking 1st place in first flight 🤩.  I had one of the best start to finish ball striking days I've had in a couple of months.  Only one 3w that I worm burned ugly but it did not hurt me.

But the real news was the Odyssey!!  14/17 putts with 6 one putts and 1 three putt 👍.  The 3 putt came on the par 5 #10 after hitting a great drive, 5w and wedge onto the green, but too long leaving a 40+ downhill.  I had been coming up a bit short and just over-cooked the lag sending it almost 10 feet past 🫣.  Several of the 1 putts were from about 5 feet for par saves.

So now the Evnroll is on the bench.  Certainly inanimate objects cannot possibly have a form of consciouness we are unaware of... right? 🤣

I don’t know, the Ai-ONE seemed to respond to the time out…maybe there is more to the Ai than they mention!

Sounds like a great putting day.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Morning Spies!

Happy Friday Eve! Hope everyone gets to hit some this weekend. Weather is warmer but still VERY wet here.

Today is National Irish Coffee Day…. ☕  I may have had a few of these already today….. 😵‍💫 so, Wheeee!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers! ⛳

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

The "warm" weather (anything above 32 is considered warm these days) has led to a lot of the snow melting and should allow a small window of opportunity to get on a putting green Saturday morning. I just might get lucky enough to get on a course next Friday before I finish my final review.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:44 PM, fixyurdivot said:

My parents used to talk about  "The innate animosity of the inanimate object".

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

Hello all.  My final product review is complete, please check it out here.  I'm a few days ahead of the scheduled completion date but have a couple of items coming up that will chew up available time and I didn;t want to be late.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if my final decision surprised you. 

Thank you again to Odyssey and our MGS Staff for letting me test/review this product.

I’m not ready to submit my final review just yet but I was able to get on a putting green after work for another round of side by side testing. This time it was from approximately 30’ away I n a fairly flat line with a slight left to right break. I spent about 15 minutes getting a feel for the speed and break before recording my data measured as distance from the hole. I didn’t differentiate between short and long. 2’ long was measured the same as 2’ short. 
I rolled three putts at a time and then went to collect them and go again. I did this to prevent myself from getting into a groove and wanting to reset before putting again. The first set with the Bettinardi finished 4’8”, 3’6” and 3’10” away for an average miss of 4’0”. The first set with the Odyssey finished 2’10”, 3’5” and 4’1” away for an average miss of 3’5”. The second set with the Bettinardi finished 5’3”, 5’5” and 3’10” away for an average miss of 4’10”. The second set with the Odyssey finished 4’6”, 2’11” and 3’5” away for an average miss of 3’7”. The final set with the Bettinardi finished 4’2”, 2’8” and 3’5” away for an average miss of 3’5”. The final set with the Odyssey finished 3’6”, 1’10” and 2’10” for an average miss of 2’9”. 
It was a rushed session as it was getting dark and it wasn’t much fun being out for more than 30 minutes when it’s only 35°. But once again, the numbers point to the Odyssey as getting more consistent results. Hoping to get in one more session on Friday (don’t have to work) or maybe even play if any of the local courses have opted to open up after a week of high temps in the 40s and 50s. Final review should be published by Sunday night. 

8 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Hello all.  My final product review is complete, please check it out here.  I'm a few days ahead of the scheduled completion date but have a couple of items coming up that will chew up available time and I didn;t want to be late.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if my final decision surprised you. 

Thank you again to Odyssey and our MGS Staff for letting me test/review this product.

Great review and overall placeholder post!

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Great review @fixyurdivot…was wondering if you would decide to game the Odyssey after some of the struggles.  Hopefully it will perform for you going forward with it!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Random question for the testers, @fixyurdivot, @Preeway, @Willie T, & @ZoonORama:

What is your longest putt made during the testing period?

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman