Help Please!!!

lyndonbud

I play the original sim max driver at 9.0 degrees with a hzrdus black 60g 6.0 shaft at the moment and I swing up at the ball with 105 mph at AoA around 1-2 and Im getting an avg of 3100ish spin. Any suggestions on head types to try or shafts to try to reduce spin. I feel like im losing accuracy and distance significantly with the spin and would like to fix ASAP!!! 

Thanks

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST 10.5 w/ Tensei AV Blue 65X

3 wood: :taylormade-small: SIM Ti 15* w/ HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 70g

3 iron: :taylormade-small: GAPR Lo 19* w/ KBS Hybrid Proto X-Flex

4-pw: :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ Elevate MPH 95 Stiff

Wedges: 50* TBD, 54* :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 Brushed w/ stock wedge flex , :cleveland-small: 58* RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner

Putter: :ping-small: Scottsdale TR Anser 2 w/ Slight Arc Shaft

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1

What golf ball do you play? That will play a massive role in spin. Where are your strike locations? 

Sim plus or whatever it was called will be lower spinning. I am similar to you, but went with the Paradym Triple Diamond and it is a wonderful lower spinning head. 

It will be very hard to say one thing or another with any certainty. Start trying to see if a different ball may help, if not then look at lower spinning heads (non max versions) but be sure to test and try them first if possible! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Agree with what @GolfSpy_APHmentioned about the ball type. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What golf ball do you play? That will play a massive role in spin. Where are your strike locations? 

Sim plus or whatever it was called will be lower spinning. I am similar to you, but went with the Paradym Triple Diamond and it is a wonderful lower spinning head. 

It will be very hard to say one thing or another with any certainty. Start trying to see if a different ball may help, if not then look at lower spinning heads (non max versions) but be sure to test and try them first if possible! 

I use Pro v1 and whatever i find on course. Try to only use premium balls but whatverr i can get. I plan to sell the gamer and get a callaway rogue st td for affordability. would you recommend? or get the max ls?

Wedges: 50* TBD, 54* :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 Brushed w/ stock wedge flex , :cleveland-small: 58* RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Spinner

Just now, lyndonbud said:

I use Pro v1 and whatever i find on course. Try to only use premium balls but whatverr i can get. I plan to sell the gamer and get a callaway rogue st td for affordability. would you recommend? or get the max ls?

also i’d like to find a tensei white or kaili white for low launch/ spin reasons. do you know which is more stable of these?

18 minutes ago, lyndonbud said:

I didn't really love either. Wanted to but didn't work for me. How that is me. 

As long as you can hit them prior and see done data points then go for it!

The ball makes such a massive difference on spin and so much more. If you can stick to one ball, try the maxfli tour X if you are a high spin player. Pretty sure if you check the deals tab up top in the gray. Go to dicks sporting goods you can get 4 dozen for less than $100.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The ball makes such a massive difference on spin and so much more. If you can stick to one ball, try the maxfli tour X if you are a high spin player. Pretty sure if you check the deals tab up top in the gray. Go to dicks sporting goods you can get 4 dozen for less than $100.

What he said 😉

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I will say DITTO to what everyone is saying regarding the Maxfli Tour x golf ball. It is so worth it to at least test. Right now I am pretty sure Dicks is even running a sale where you can get 2 dozen for $60 and free shipping.

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

38 minutes ago, lyndonbud said:

also i’d like to find a tensei white or kaili white for low launch/ spin reasons. do you know which is more stable of these?

Maxfli Tour X Deals

Check out these. I think you'll find that will help get the spin started in the right direction and then you can work with what head and shaft will work. While shaft will influence spin, it won't necessarily take away spin.  

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, lyndonbud said:

In regards to the two shafts in question, I have both and both feel extremely similar. I prefer the tensei white just slightly, but I couldn't give you an exact reason. To me it just feels a little better. As @GolfSpy_APH said, shaft may influence some spin but won't necessarily take it away. The Tour X is a great ball. If you're not adverse to spending the money, I love the Left Dash ProV1x. Longer than V1 and V1x for me and feels great. We are in the same neighborhood on swing speed as well. Value wise, though, the Tour X is fantastic. 

You can get used Left Dash ProV1x from lostgolfballs.com here for $38.99/5A dozen, or 189.99/5A 5 dozen and they are offering 20% off currently.

After that, try to find a PGASS or similar where you can go and hit some low spin heads. If your strike is consistent, you should be able to find something that works. TSi3 was lower spinning for me than Sim2 when I did my fitting, for example. I would have gone Sim2 without the fitting. This year's line of Cobra Aerojet drivers were all lower spinning across the board as well, and the Aerojet LS performed strong in driver testing by Club Champion (formerly TXG). 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What he said too….

Prior to migrating to Maxfli Tour line, I used Kirkland from Costco. Great feeling ball but the spin was MUCH higher than the Maxfli balls. Once I switched, I started getting a lot more distance and control.

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

Thank you so much everyone who replied. All news to me as I've taught myself everything golf related so I am glad to have a forum to help me journey through and I will for sure be looking for deals this off-season to help in that aspect of my game.

1 minute ago, lyndonbud said:

Thank you so much everyone who replied. All news to me as I've taught myself everything golf related so I am glad to have a forum to help me journey through and I will for sure be looking for deals this off-season to help in that aspect of my game.

@lyndonbud I think you will find the peeps in these forums are more than willing to share what they know. I would encourage you to read as many articles, reviews, etc. you can from MGS. I always read these reviews to get the real-world scoop on products and performance. It has saved me countless hours of research and 💸along the way. PLUS you have the added benefit of contacting “real people” who have used these products the way you would.

The only caution I would offer….. you “may” spend more 💰than you otherwise would because of the insane deals that MGS participates in with vendors. I somehow ended up with a new set of irons this year….. not sure how that happened 😁

Glad you are here!

Cheers ⛳

-ZoonORama (Keith)

• Irons:  :Takomo: 101T (4-PW)
  • Wedges:  :Takomo: Skyforger 52, 56, 60
  • Driver:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 9 degree (S/D)
  • Woods: :callaway-small: Mavrik 3 (15 degree), Mavrik 5 (18 degree)
  • Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Ai-ONE Milled 6 T DB
  • Balls:    :maxfli: Tour / Tour X
  • Rapsodo MLM
  • Garmin S42 Watch

With the Hzrdus Black 6.0 shaft, have you thought about changing to 8 degrees, if you can the setting by a degree? 
I have the Hzrdus Black 6.0 shaft with 3.5 torgue with Paradym X driver, which is Callaways stock shaft and love it. 
The Paradym X head will result in more spin than the Paradym Triple Diamond, which @GolfSpy_APH plays.  
My comfort level has always been a driver loft of 10 or 10.5. However, with the Paradym X, I've changed to the standard 9.0 setting and reduced the spin rate. 

I also play the ProV1 & OnCore VeroX1 balls most often.   

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I'm not entirely convinced that the ball is the primary culprit for increased spin. A lot depends on where you're hitting it on the clubface, regardless of AoA. For modern drivers where shaft lengths exceed 45.5" an all too typical strike pattern is the slight low heel, purely because the shaft is too long if it hasn't been fitted properly. See attached chart of how much spin increases with only a relatively modest off center hit - the low heel (even with twist face TM) is your enemy here. If you have the launch data, it could help to validate this theory.

1301532851_Impactpositionandreturnvalues.JPG.b62a2bf1df0626c24d187225a9457c1a.JPG.f2990cca170edea1f738cca77c4a4098.JPG

Edited by jaskanski