How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Well I had quite the round yesterday.  First time in a month on a reasonably dry course (for this time of the year in Florida.)  I was playing okay, not terrible, not great, when I felt weird heading up to the 14th tee - a heart palpitation - I've gotten them infrequently my entire life.  Once before it was so bad that I had to be hospitalized, that time was nothing compared to this one - It took them an hour to get my heart rate below 160 - it was 194 when I came into the ER.  So here I sit in my hospital bed waiting to go out and play those last five holes. :)  I guess I'll just have to use my handicap on the card for my score.

I'm supposed to head home this afternoon.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

SCARY!!!  Rest up and pay attention to your Dr's.  Prayers for you.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Be well Rev.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Got out for an early round this morning at Avalon CC. Played the back nine first as a single and cruised through in forty five minutes at even par. Played the back with a twosome that I joined on the first tee and played in two hours at -1. Had my wife take some video of my swing and sent it off to a teaching pro friend of mine that helps me on occasion and asked him what I was doing wrong after Wednesday's disaster. After he got done with telling me what was wrong, which took about an hour, we talked about how to fix it. Driver accuracy and distance is coming back, but still a club short with the irons right now. Not sure how much of that is my swing or the change back to my AP2's while the Hogans are at the spa, but it is annoying as all heck. Shot of the day today was an 8 iron to a foot over the tree line after I almost missed the course with a 3 wood off the tee...note to self I Cannot Hit A Cut!!!!

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Shot 81 today, played much better, ball striking was also much better as well, I actually putted pretty well, had 33 putts today, it wasn't bad but It wasn't good yet either, just kind of average, had a few 15-20 footers for birdie and par that just missed, so the round could have been really good If some of those fell, but it was an ok day. Which I really needed.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Well I had quite the round yesterday.  First time in a month on a reasonably dry course (for this time of the year in Florida.)  I was playing okay, not terrible, not great, when I felt weird heading up to the 14th tee - a heart palpitation - I've gotten them infrequently my entire life.  Once before it was so bad that I had to be hospitalized, that time was nothing compared to this one - It took them an hour to get my heart rate below 160 - it was 194 when I came into the ER.  So here I sit in my hospital bed waiting to go out and play those last five holes. :)  I guess I'll just have to use my handicap on the card for my score.

Take it easy Rev, and watch some golf.  The course will still be there in a few days.

Hope you get out today.  I hate hospitals; been there several times for Mom and Dad since May.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Rev I know how scary that can be......my wife has a similar issue. A few years ago we were on cruise and had docked in Jamaica when she had an attack......her heart was racing like an Indy 500 car. It took over an hour for it to calm down. Being so far from home, I was so scared. Since she started taking a beta blocker and ranitidine, she has not had an episode. They call it an irregular heart beat. I hope that you can find a way to manage it so that you can eliminate those racing episodes.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Rev I hope you get to feeling better!

Well I have a lot of positives to take out of my 36 holes today and 2 negatives. First round we teed of at 6am and it was still dark out. I'm not a fan of playing this early but at least it was cool out for most of the first round.

I played well from the start despite no range. Shot 34 on the front dispite hitting a ball OB in the par 5 5th. Things fell apart slightly on the back 9 thanks to a 3 jack bogey on 15. Tee shot OB on 16 to make bogey and a 3 Jack bogey again on 18 to finish with 37. 71 overall isn't too shabby for 2 balls OB and two 3 putts.

Second 9 I played with the men's group at my course. Hit 2 balls OB on the front and STILL shot 34. Of course it helps that after hitting 1 OB on par 5 5th I drive the next in the next fairway over on the right. Nobody in my group or the one in front of us had ever seen a ball there from 5th hole before so I guess I'm a pioneer lol. I hit a 5i from 205 to about 6 feet and made the par putt. I gave up hitting driver on the back 9(couldn't afford another OB)which hurt me but I scratched out a 38 thanks to a missed 4 footer on 18 for par. 72 was still good enough to propell us to a win.

Played well today but wtf is up with my driver?! I've never had a two way miss like this. Not ever! Also I can't seem to finish off a really low round right now. I feel as though they go hand in hand a little but still, I need to fix this quickly...

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Rev I hope you get to feeling better!

Well I have a lot of positives to take out of my 36 holes today and 2 negatives. First round we teed of at 6am and it was still dark out. I'm not a fan of playing this early but at least it was cool out for most of the first round.

I played well from the start despite no range. Shot 34 on the front dispite hitting a ball OB in the par 5 5th. Things fell apart slightly on the back 9 thanks to a 3 jack bogey on 15. Tee shot OB on 16 to make bogey and a 3 Jack bogey again on 18 to finish with 37. 71 overall isn't too shabby for 2 balls OB and two 3 putts.

Second 9 I played with the men's group at my course. Hit 2 balls OB on the front and STILL shot 34. Of course it helps that after hitting 1 OB on par 5 5th I drive the next in the next fairway over on the right. Nobody in my group or the one in front of us had ever seen a ball there from 5th hole before so I guess I'm a pioneer lol. I hit a 5i from 205 to about 6 feet and made the par putt. I gave up hitting driver on the back 9(couldn't afford another OB)which hurt me but I scratched out a 38 thanks to a missed 4 footer on 18 for par. 72 was still good enough to propell us to a win.

Played well today but wtf is up with my driver?! I've never had a two way miss like this. Not ever! Also I can't seem to finish off a really low round right now. I feel as though they go hand in hand a little but still, I need to fix this quickly...

Seems like the 5th hole is not your friend. I call mental! :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played in an interesting MGA tournament today.  It was a 2 man tee box scramble.  Everyone starts play from the white tees (we have black, blue, white, gold, red) and you play 2 man scramble, pick the best shot and play from there.  If you make a birdie or better, you move back one tee box.  Make another birdie or better, you move back again.  Or, if you make a bogey or worse, you move up one tee box and same if you do it again.  Fun event.  My partner and I show 1 under and tied for first place gross in our flight.  (10 - 11 handicap range).  We ended up playing about 1/2 of the round from the black (back) tee box.  We missed a short birdie putt on the next to last hole or we would have won 1st outright.  2 of our par 3s played around 230 yards from the black tees.  Long way for a guy my age.  

Check out www.littlejohngolfleague.com a Greater Houston Traveling Golf League

Scary, isn't it.  Glad you're ok!

Played last year with the Rev and I had an episode on the course.  Very lighthighted, compromised vision, etc.  Sat out the last 7 holes, but no aftereffects.  Had the same thing happen 2 months ago.  Also on about the 13th hole, the other course.  Given the heat, I'm attributing both to hydration, etc. But one starts to wonder at our age..  As I say, scary.  

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Seems like the 5th hole is not your friend. I call mental! :)

Hey 2 balls OB on that hole today and still only played it at +1 isn't THAT bad. I think I should just figure out what's going on with my driver. Its all over the place

Hey 2 balls OB on that hole today and still only played it at +1 isn't THAT bad. I think I should just figure out what's going on with my driver. Its all over the place

Well, low loft drivers are more difficult to consistently control. I'd consider going up in loft and finding the right shaft to bring the ball flight back down. Seems like a better combo for consistency. But then again, your swing coach should be able to tweak it.

Thanks everybody! Back at Jax have you seen a cardiologist? I remember your episode, it was just like the ones I get but the cause could be different.

In many ways this was a good news thing for me. We caught it in real time so the cardiologist confirmed that the rhythm is not harmful in and of itself. There is a clear but not threatening anomaly in my heart anatomy that is the culprit. There are ways to avoid it, reducing caffeine, avoiding things that might increase adrenalin and dehydration ( no alcohol the night before playing summer golf in Florida). I learned some techniques for how to throw my heart back into normal rhythm, they are bizarre so if you play with me and I'm poking myself in the eye you'll know what's going on. If the number of incidents increase they are other interventions including a surgical procedure that produce results. For now I'm going to drink less coffee (2 cups a day from 6-8) and skip the scotch the night before I'm doing any outdoor summer activities.

Now I can't wait to get back out to play, I had gone birdie, birdie, par the three holes prior to this hitting.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Was horsing around with some young nieces and nephews a few days ago and really messed up my neck/beck, no golf for a bit. Friday evening back started bothering me, yesterday woke up and couldn't turn my head to the right. When I did sharp pains through my entire right side down through my right shoulder blades. Today, woke up with extreme lower back problems and same upper back/neck. Damn.

I'm not talking about it and you can't make me!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

We had 41 golfers at Saddlebrook Resort(Palmer course) yesterday. However, it was cart path only. We had a downpour on Friday night that pretty much flooded everything. I bogied the #1 handicap hole to start then it went downhill. Lost 4 balls and shot a 96.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

We had 41 golfers at Saddlebrook Resort(Palmer course) yesterday. However, it was cart path only. We had a downpour on Friday night that pretty much flooded everything. I bogied the #1 handicap hole to start then it went downhill. Lost 4 balls and shot a 96.

I don't put to much stocks in score posted when CPO.  It's not conditions that we are used to playing in (well, maybe you are now :D ), so we don't hit our best shots off the grass.  Don't worry about it!  For me I actually walk more in those conditions than when I just walk the course.  

My wife and I played in Phoenix last fall after a rainstorm at the Camelback Resort; CPO and you had to have a cart.  It wasn't that bad, so after a few holes, I let her drive the cart and I walked most of it with my bag.  I think that was my only round this year over 90.  But at least we played faster than if I rode in the cart too.

Thanks everybody! Back at Jax have you seen a cardiologist? I remember your episode, it was just like the ones I get but the cause could be different.

In many ways this was a good news thing for me. We caught it in real time so the cardiologist confirmed that the rhythm is not harmful in and of itself. There is a clear but not threatening anomaly in my heart anatomy that is the culprit. There are ways to avoid it, reducing caffeine, avoiding things that might increase adrenalin and dehydration ( no alcohol the night before playing summer golf in Florida). I learned some techniques for how to throw my heart back into normal rhythm, they are bizarre so if you play with me and I'm poking myself in the eye you'll know what's going on. If the number of incidents increase they are other interventions including a surgical procedure that produce results. For now I'm going to drink less coffee (2 cups a day from 6-8) and skip the scotch the night before I'm doing any outdoor summer activities.

Now I can't wait to get back out to play, I had gone birdie, birdie, par the three holes prior to this hitting.

Yep, clean bill of health.  Might have had an extra cocktail the night before, now that you mention it, though.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Was horsing around with some young nieces and nephews a few days ago and really messed up my neck/beck, no golf for a bit. Friday evening back started bothering me, yesterday woke up and couldn't turn my head to the right. When I did sharp pains through my entire right side down through my right shoulder blades. Today, woke up with extreme lower back problems and same upper back/neck. Damn.

So sorry, you probably don't want me to tell you that this means you're getting older.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I don't put to much stocks in score posted when CPO.  It's not conditions that we are used to playing in (well, maybe you are now :D ), so we don't hit our best shots off the grass.  Don't worry about it!  For me I actually walk more in those conditions than when I just walk the course.  

My wife and I played in Phoenix last fall after a rainstorm at the Camelback Resort; CPO and you had to have a cart.  It wasn't that bad, so after a few holes, I let her drive the cart and I walked most of it with my bag.  I think that was my only round this year over 90.  But at least we played faster than if I rode in the cart too.

Honestly we have to deal with wet conditions every year it's just that this year is worse. I've really remembered what I liked about the C100's now that it's so wet. Unless you are a very good ball striker you need something with a little boumpnce down here this time of year.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

77 today. Brought the handicap bac down to 6.9. Bought an Odyssey Metal X #6 and it really and I mean REALLY helped me out big time today. Brought my putts down from 32 to 27 today with an Eagle on the par 5 510 yard #10. Was putting for eagle on par 5 #7 but just missed for a tap in birdie. Had 1 eagle and 3 birds with 2 doubles. Was shooting for 74 and I doubled 18 and bogeyed 17. Was just impressed with my putting today FINALLY.

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Well, low loft drivers are more difficult to consistently control. I'd consider going up in loft and finding the right shaft to bring the ball flight back down. Seems like a better combo for consistency. But then again, your swing coach should be able to tweak it.

I consulted with Butch this morning and we agreed that we should go back to the Diamana Ahina/Razr Xtreme combo. It's a degree higher in loft and the shaft launches a little higher. Only 1 double cross today although I got lucky bc it hit a tree kicked back in the fairway!

I didn't quite have the birdie magic I had yesterday. I ended up shooting 75 with 4 birdies all on the par 5's. Made a snowman on 14 thanks to 2 balls OB. Neither were driver though. Both were 5 woods. Stupid stupid. Overall a decent weekend of golf.

Shot 79 today at the club, 6 over. Waited all year to break 80, now it's twice in a row. I'll take it. Hitting my driver and irons well. As always, partial wedges and putting need some work.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

We told ya JBil. It's like a floodgate once you do it once.

Thinking about you Rev, that's a bit scary mate!  Have a talk to the big guy and tell him it's way too early as there's more golf to be played!

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Shot 79 today at the club, 6 over. Waited all year to break 80, now it's twice in a row. I'll take it. Hitting my driver and irons well. As always, partial wedges and putting need some work.

Nice job! I can see that HCP coming down already.