Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Another bad round today 43/42 for 85 with 4 doubles... 2 on each nine.  I started out OK; +1 through 4 holes.  Hit some decent drives and stuck a few irons close but couldn't make any putts.  Then the wheels fell off; double on #5 and #9.  The back nine started the same way; +1 through hole #13, then bogeys with doubles on the last two holes.  It didn't help that we were slowed up by the last group of the men's gangsome; they were on #16 green when the men's group in front of them finished #18.  I got impatient.

The temp was 42º very little wind but...

IMG_8119.jpeg.a1494824dd4d48a3e4c0a4980653ba03.jpeg

Get me outta here!!!  3 more days until Phoenix!!!   But looked at the forecast, and it's not that much warmer in Phoenix... dang!!

Man I'm embarrassed to complain about our weather which is nothing compared to what your enduring, I'm spoilt but after all the years of perfect golf weather and as a older man I'm not that bothered missing days after I missed months lol. I hope the weather gets better for you guys and me, I practiced open club face chipping today that's all better than nothing...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... The last two months have been the worst for weather since I moved here. We have been a good 5-10* below averages since November. There have been 2 or maybe 3 bad days in a row in past years but then right back to 70's and sunshine. But even low 60s with no wind and bright sun is very pleasant and it looks like that starting Wednesday. ☀️ 👍

Yeah seriously bad weather patterns around the world sadly it's mother nature at her worst..

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

My wife made a tee time today at 10am so I played again in this cold wet weather; 36º warmed up to 42º when we finished.  Very foggy!!  Worse than yesterday; ball doesn't fly very far and when it lands, there is very little roll.  Tough on an old, short hitter!!

I scrambled around pretty well today though.  No doubles!!!!   Made it through 6 holes before I made bogeys on #7 and #8.  Almost got another one on the par 5 #9 after a poor tee shot to the left rough on a steep grassy hill with ball below my feet.  Hacked it back in play, then 3W to middle of the fairway... 128y out.  To get to the pin was all carry over water to a narrow part of the green.  I guess my brain didn't want to go there as I pulled my shot left to the middle of the green which left me a 35 foot putt that had a drop-off halfway there to the lower level where the pin was located... drained the par putt!!  Shot +2; 39.

Back nine wasn't as good with 5 bogeys for a 40.  Several putts lipped out; missed a birdie and a couple of pars.  For the last round before our trip, I'll am very happy with a birdie-free 79 in sloppy conditions.

2 more days until Phoenix!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played a couple Execs last week and with cold & wind it was just a few mornings out of the house.

This morning, Monday heavy frost so no golf until 10:00.  Same forecast tomorrow.  Weather supposed to break Wednesday.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Played a couple Execs last week and with cold & wind it was just a few mornings out of the house.

This morning, Monday heavy frost so no golf until 10:00.  Same forecast tomorrow.  Weather supposed to break Wednesday.

Watch out for falling iguana.  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Hard Frost this morning courses closed until 8:30am.  Boyz convened to Diner.  Bacon was flowing!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Last two rounds were real crap! Sat temp was 42*-60* shot a 100! Today temp was 35*-56* shot a 96!

right now I simply cannot putt. My ball either rolls over the edge and 6 ft past or it lips out and runs 3 ft out.

My play was so bad I have not yet downloaded the rounds on Shot Scope!

Playing again tomorrow….. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

39 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Last two rounds were real crap! Sat temp was 42*-60* shot a 100! Today temp was 35*-56* shot a 96!

right now I simply cannot putt. My ball either rolls over the edge and 6 ft past or it lips out and runs 3 ft out.

Hopefully the temperature and the scores warm up.

As Carl stated it is still better to be able to play than to be stuck in a state where the winter weather won't allow it.  

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I find it very difficult to putt with any consistency when my hands get cold, and it seems each year that passes I get colder.  It will get better Foz.

Of course today was absolutely a beautiful sunny day... 50º, but I'm packing; on the plane tomorrow to Phoenix where it's going to be...... 56º?!!  What??

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Apparently, we are headed to western Washington in April so my wife can play golf.  She received this invitation...

IMG_8126.jpeg.8c051320c162cd97b783751e548e1dab.jpeg

The Home Course is cooperatively owned and operated by the Pacific Northwest Golf Association and Washington Golf (WA Golf).  We played this course once back in 2008, one day before she had an L5-S1 fusion at Virginia Mason Medical Center.  She played horribly!  Maybe she can get some redemption!  I'm apparently her caddie.

Lucky you get to be your better half's caddie, wish mine played but NO interest in sports besides yoga jogging... Momentai...

Yesterday, 37/41/78. 10 fairways, 8 greens, 31 putts.

On a day where I couldn't hit a single good iron shot, I'll take the score and run. But #17 stings. Par-5, not a hard hole at all. I should've taken less club off the tee because with driver, it demands a draw or taking it straight left of center. Nope, I hit it straight but right/center and about 20' long and OB. Bogey putt died at the mouth of the hole for double.

Ouch.

But overall, I'm psyched with the winter state of my game. I'd essentially lost my swing for a few years now. Long story about back injuries (nothing new) and epidural shots (first in 2019, coincidentally marking my decline). To explain it briefly, with pain eliminated and thankfully at that, gone with it also was my swing's natural limiter. Over time and quickly at that, my swing became way too long and sloppy. For this inflexible golfer, that spelled cascading disaster.

But what I recently discovered as another issue over this time was that my grip was ever slightly off.

Also, once a golfer apt to early wrist hinge, I discovered that somewhere along the way, I delayed it. Dramatically. Where that's fine and even ideal for most, it's not for me. It's only been 8 rounds since I've addressed both, but positive results were instant. I've now shot in the 70s for 6/8 rounds. The other two were rounds of 80 and 81.

Sorry for rambling on, but for the first time in a few years, I'm genuinely excited at the idea that I might finally be on the right path. I'll take any acceptable path, rather than the series of previous guesses and wishful leaps by a previously frustrated and golf depressed dude. Please?!

53* this morning @ 8:00 am Tee Time no wind.  Played pretty well EXCEPT for a triple on 8th hole!!  What a bummer as I was even Par thru 7 holes.  Ended up +4 for the 8 holes.  
Well there’s always Friday with the Bacon Boyz!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 9 holes today and considering 1st hit with my new set of irons with ladies shaft went well, when I replace the slippery grips it will be better. The T200 4iron I hit good except 2shots above my feet 8inches, the other irons went well which surprised me but early days. ..

I am a middle golf player with moderate level of skill and experience on the golf course. I have a consistent swing and can accurately hit a variety of shots, but unfortunately I can still struggle with consistency on longer shots or on more challenging courses. I have started playing regularly and now I have a good understanding of the rules. I am planning to participate in local tournaments and competitions.

So my standard habit of the never ending swing tinkering has really gotten me in a low 80’s slump , combined with soaked golf fairways from our much needed rain, which also created cartpath only and tons of extra walking and much frustration, which now adding the wife coming down with Covid has pretty much mess up up my game- 

now the good news- I have not yet come down with Covid, although that could change any minute as we all know, so keeping fingers and toes crossed- wife is already feeling much better 

so continuing with the good news, but perhaps it’s more interesting news is how I’ve quit with the dumb swing change tinker, and now moved to another new swing haha, but this one has wayyyyy fewer moving parts. It’s just a short, tight swing- I started with it on 15, and only got a few more swings to end the day- it’s a bit lower trajectory, and a tight little draw- arms are closer to body, and standing a little taller- feels more “underhand” if that makes sense-

anyways, it kind of demonstrates why I’ll never be a good player, because after 60 years, I still don’t have a repeatable go-to swing…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

anyways, it kind of demonstrates why I’ll never be a good player, because after 60 years, I still don’t have a repeatable go-to swing…

Haha I think like that every time I pick up a golf club, if only LOL...

12 hours ago, RobProf said:

I am planning to participate in local tournaments and competitions.

Nice - good luck to you!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 1/16/2023 at 10:35 PM, Kenny B said:

Apparently, we are headed to western Washington in April so my wife can play golf.  She received this invitation...

Wow .. Congrats! Martha!! 👍

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played well with my irons today but driver was a bit left, on the 6th hit driver straight left and decided to hit a 2nd and hit baby draw but wasn't sure I'd find either? Found both within 18inches of each other, was a bit off today but putted well hit irons well so thinking I'm about to lower my handicap if I can concentrate and put a decent round together. Fingers crossed I can do that on the 29th it's the opening round for the year, I'll keep practicing....

Played my first round here in Phoenix area yesterday with my wife and her two remaining brothers.  One brother lives in Surprise, so we played at his course; nothing special and parts of it were rather poorly overseeded.  Shot 83... 41/42.  Swing was awful and putting was worse.  I managed to not have a double on the front nine, but had two doubles on the back nine which could have been decent if not for those two holes.

Why is everyone playing here wearing long pants?  It was 54º and I wore shorts!!  Have to get an early start on my tan for the year!

Played a "step out" scramble yesterday.  Partners were a guy that literally pisses me off every time he opens his mouth, an ex tour pro golfer, and his wife.  The ex pro wasn't on his game and is awaiting knee surgery, his wife is a 40 handicap player, and the other clown was his usual annoying self.  The weather was cold to cool and the wind was about 20 mph.  The ground was wet due to the inch of rain we got the day before.  All in all, our team stunk it up and we came in dead last.  LOL.  On another note, and not to diminish our results, some of the teams did not know (or didn't care) that the maximum number of drives from any player was 5.  Although we adhered to that rule, some of the others did not.  There was no DQ because the pro did not do a good job communicating all of the rules prior to tee off...he acknowledged that and has promised that there would be a written rule sheet for all future group play.  It was only a $10/player entry fee, so no big deal.  We still came in dead last!  😄  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played Exec this morning 65*, fog no wind at all.  We played pretty well but no birdies!! Lots of Pars!!  I have to start taking the Pin out putting.  I keep hitting the pin dead center and won’t drop.  

Rick

Left Hand, 

Didn't play great today....still struggling with that soft, wet turf and tight lies of dormant grass, especially on any shot that's not a full swing.  Shot an 83, which given the conditions isn't all that bad, I guess.  Sure will be glad when our grass starts growing.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Why is everyone playing here wearing long pants?  It was 54º and I wore shorts!!  Have to get an early start on my tan for the year!

... Because after a summer of 110-118* ... 54* is more than 50% colder and it was freezing! 🥶  My Chicago buddy and I were playing today and I had on a turtleneck, a cashmere sweater and a short sleeve wind breaker and I couldn't feel my fingers on the back 9. He said if we were back living in Chicago and this was March we would be playing in a shirt and shorts but he was wearing a hoodie and a knit cap! Just amazing how the blood acclimates to the local climate. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

16 hours ago, Rickp said:

. I have to start taking the Pin out putting.  I keep hitting the pin dead center and won’t drop.  

Personally, I want the pin out.  I've read all the studies for both cases and after observing ball/pin interactions first hand, have determined that I prefer to have the pin out or tended, like we used to do before the rule change.  From what I've seen from the people that I play with, more and more are reverting back to taking the pin out for most putts that they feel they have a chance to make.

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... Because after a summer of 110-118* ... 54* is more than 50% colder and it was freezing! 🥶  My Chicago buddy and I were playing today and I had on a turtleneck, a cashmere sweater and a short sleeve wind breaker and I couldn't feel my fingers on the back 9. He said if we were back living in Chicago and this was March we would be playing in a shirt and shorts but he was wearing a hoodie and a knit cap! Just amazing how the blood acclimates to the local climate. 

We played yesterday too, and it was as bad as it was at home last week!  I did wear shorts, but had 4 layers on top; my fingers never got warm.  Shot my worst round in years!!  50/43 with 6 doubles.  Part of it was being cold; part of it was a course I haven't played in 3 years; and part of it was this bloody dormant bermuda rough that I seems to be in, either off the tee or around the greens.  I usually figure it out the day before I leave for home!!

My handicapped BIL had a rough time so we are taking this weekend off; we are headed to Yuma to visit a cousin wintering there from Idaho.  Next week looks a lot warmer!!!