Recommendation for non remote electric cart

I’ve decided to get an electric cart.  I don’t want one with a remote.  Easy of set up, compact when folded are important to me outside quality, reliability etc.  

looking at the motocaddy m1 ultra or mgi zip x3.  Both seem to get good reviews and similar specs. 

any help appreciated. 

As they have been a participant in forum testing the Motocaddy M1 DHC seems to be a great choice. 

I remember a little about the MGI from my retail days..nothing bad to say about them. But if it was me I am leaning Motocaddy.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

As they have been a participant in forum testing the Motocaddy M1 DHC seems to be a great choice. 

I remember a little about the MGI from my retail days..nothing bad to say about them. But if it was me I am leaning Motocaddy.

+1 for me on the Motocaddy! It's a great choice.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 5 7.5 Ventus Black X-Stiff

Woods: PXG 0311 Gen 5 4 wood Ventus Black X-Stiff, PXG 0311 Gen 5 3 hybrid Ventus Black X-Stiff

Irons: PXG Gen 5 0311 T 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5, 52, 56, 60 Sugar Daddy II Wedges Project X LZ 6.5

Putter: LAB Mezz.1 Max Accra White shaft

SunilM has a post from February, 2023 on the disappointing lack of service and run around he's been getting from MGI on a new cart he bought from them. After sales service should always be considered when making a purchase. 

Taylormade SIM MAX 12* Driver

Callaway Great Big Bertha Hawkeye 3, 5 and 7 woods

Top Flite Titanium Intimidator 7 wood

Mizuno JPX-923 Hot Metal, High Launch irons, 6-PW, GW

Taylormade Milled Grind SW, 54*

Cleveland RTX-3, 60* LW

Cleveland Huntington Beach 6 Centre Shaft Putter

another vote for Motocaddy. Ive tested motocaddy, batcaddy and MGI side by side and the design of the motocaddy is just better in my opinion. 

battery placement is key ( weight distribution ) and the MGI will spend a lot of time on that wheelie bar, whereas the motocaddy doesn't have a need for one. 

Driver - Callaway ParadymX

3, 5, 7 woods - Callaway ParadymX

Irons - Callaway ParadymX 

Wedges - Jaws RAW 54°, 58°

Putter - Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Seven DB

Ball - Chrome Soft X LS

14 hours ago, Seabird said:

I’ve decided to get an electric cart.  I don’t want one with a remote.  Easy of set up, compact when folded are important to me outside quality, reliability etc.  

looking at the motocaddy m1 ultra or mgi zip x3.  Both seem to get good reviews and similar specs. 

any help appreciated. 

Have an MGI Zip Navigator that so far, going into its fourth season, seems durable and reliable .. really happy with it.

fwiw had not had to interact with customer service say cannot say anything good nor bad about that...

But -- real question is: why no remote??

imho it's a very useful feature! Once you've tried I'll believe you'll be happy you have it. FYI you do not have to use the remote all the time, if that is your concern, but it really is handy for walking in one direction and driving your cart in another .. or just walking behind or alongside it up the fairway literally hands free...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Motocaddy for me. I have the M7 with remote and I couldn't live without the remote. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I have a QOD.  It is possibly the most compact when folded, no remote, and I've had really good service, both when it was under warrantee and afterwards.  The only drawback, it appears to be out of stock, I don't know when you might be able to get one.

https://qodgolfusa.com/collections/qod-motorized-golf-carts/products/electric-golf-caddy-2024

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Thanks for al the feedback.  Just an update on where I’m at.  I was all set to get the Motocaddy M1…seemed to check all the boxes and was on sale at golf town.  Well last night I found a MGI Zip Navigator on facebook…less than a year old and was able to pick it up for CAD 1k.  So I picked up today.  

My reason to go non remote were cost and not to have to fiddle around with buttons and worry about steering the thing into a pond, just keep it simple.  Anyway, i couldn’t pass up the price of the MGI and it’s pretty much like new.  In Canada these retail for about 2k.  I took it out tonight for 9 and loved it.  The remote definitely gives you more options and it wasn’t a big deal steering it.

So here’s my next question:

- what are the best accessories for the MGI….I’d like some type of storage to put a sweater….anything cheap on amazon?

- do they have a good seat option?

- may sounds like a stupid question, but what is the easiest way to carry it when its all folded…it seemed kinda cumbersome.

thanks

On 4/1/2024 at 1:35 PM, davidhibler said:

another vote for Motocaddy. Ive tested motocaddy, batcaddy and MGI side by side and the design of the motocaddy is just better in my opinion. 

battery placement is key ( weight distribution ) and the MGI will spend a lot of time on that wheelie bar, whereas the motocaddy doesn't have a need for one. 

Which motocaddy?

:callaway-small:Paradym driver

:callaway-small:Paradym X 3HL

:callaway-small:Paradym 7w

Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 Hybrid

:callaway-small:Paradym irons 6-AW

:callaway-small:Jaws Raw 54*, 58*

:odyssey-small: Versa 3T

3 minutes ago, MN_Hacker said:

Which motocaddy?

I have the M5 and the original non-gps M7. 

Hope you and the family are well

I was just talking about you today 🙂

Driver - Callaway ParadymX

3, 5, 7 woods - Callaway ParadymX

Irons - Callaway ParadymX 

Wedges - Jaws RAW 54°, 58°

Putter - Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Seven DB

Ball - Chrome Soft X LS

CaddyTek Caddylite 15.3 V2 - Deluxe Quad-Fold Golf Push Cart

I was able to sneak away after dinner to play 9 holes my bro in law and father in law. I just got this push cart the other day so I was itching to try it out. 

Assembly: The push cart came in 3 pieces: the main frame and the 2 back wheels. Putting the wheels on was very simple. There is a push button to connect the wheel to bearing. 

Functionality: This push cart is very light but sturdy. I have a fully loaded bag and it felt very light to push. The upper arm of the cart comes with an umbrella attachment, cup holder, net storage area, water proof compartment, phone holder (with a bungee cord to hold phone)and some tee holders. 

My only complaints are that the cup holder is kind of flimsy and the cart tends to veer left. I like to bring a Stanley with me but instead of using the detachable cup holder I put the Stanley in the net and it was just fine. I’ll look into the bearing and make sure the wheels are on straight but there is a slight pull to the right. 

Summary: In my opinion this cart is the best bang for your buck. This is a very affordable option that brings solid quality. I would recommend this product to anybody looking for a foldable lightweight push cart that’s won’t hurt your wallet. 

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2320.png