Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

11 hours ago, nupezb said:

Yes, you can shot shape, and it does measure spin. I have only used it on the range, and I have been very impressed with how well it tracks the ball and the accuracy of the distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious, on the range, with range balls, do you think it’s estimating the appropriate distance with the range balls? I tried distancing my clubs once using range balls and was off by a full club or more when I started using my actual balls. 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

10 hours ago, Just_the_Chip said:

Curious, on the range, with range balls, do you think it’s estimating the appropriate distance with the range balls? I tried distancing my clubs once using range balls and was off by a full club or more when I started using my actual balls. 

Good question,  for me I have found that I will hit range balls within a yard or two as compared to actual balls.   But then again, being a 12 handicap I dont expect a huge variance since I dont hit the middle of the club face on every shot, but every once in awhile I will hit a ball a good 10 yards further.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Great questions. I select “Range Ball” within the MLM2Pro menu, and it seems to be about right as compared to my Shot Scope system that I use to track my data while playing.

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

Great questions. I select “Range Ball” within the MLM2Pro menu, and it seems to be about right as compared to my Shot Scope system that I use to track my data while playing.

Also, let me caveat by saying that I don't have a net (yet) to test my premium balls at home. Hopefully, I can do more at-home comparisons over the next month or so.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

I own a Skytrak + after upgrading from a used OG Skytrak. I like the club and path data but not sure I trust it all the time. For the most part I enjoy the unit but hate that the height data is in yards and feel that it routinely gives me numbers lower in peak height than I actually hit. 

All in all I’m pretty happy with the investment and recommend it for anyone  looking for a high quality unit but has minimal space behind where you are hitting. 

Harry

WITB - Srixon ZX5 Mk 2, 5 - PW, Titleist Vokey-10 50, 54, 58, Ping G430 3-Wood G-425 5-wood, Cobra King Tech 3 Hybrid, Paradym 10.5 with Brava Stiff Shaft. Odyssey AI-one Jailbird Putter, Jumbo Max standard Jumbo grips on almost everything. 

On 4/8/2024 at 2:21 PM, EHays said:

PXL_20231014_233412411.jpg.5c5a9626a0b92b49c502afb27634c25b.jpgFlightScope MEVO+

PXL_20240315_195712736.jpg

PXL_20240315_195653921.jpg

What type of mats are those?

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Hitting mat is the SigPro Softy 4x7, also purchased the extension for the MEVO+.... between the hitting mat and screen I used two layers of insulation foam board (4*8) that you can pick up from Lowe's, and then laid turf on top of the foam board so that it was the same level as the hitting mat.  This helped to save money.

2 hours ago, EHays said:

Hitting mat is the SigPro Softy 4x7, also purchased the extension for the MEVO+.... between the hitting mat and screen I used two layers of insulation foam board (4*8) that you can pick up from Lowe's, and then laid turf on top of the foam board so that it was the same level as the hitting mat.  This helped to save money.

The extension for the mevo is what stood out to me right away. I drew out a design for how I want to make one, but it looks like the softy essentially is made the same way. image.jpg.853bf65c2ef8ebacf4786a38ac38d95a.jpg

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Saw a new one today I've never heard of called Golf Waver.  Anyone ever seen this one?

https://www.golfjoy.com/products/golf-waver?variant=43824916267162

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 16

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

Saw a new one today I've never heard of called Golf Waver.  Anyone ever seen this one?
https://www.golfjoy.com/products/golf-waver?variant=43824916267162

This is from the PGA show. However, did see a YT review where their GDS Plus (GC3 equivalent
) wasn’t very accurate.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

I had an R10, but sold it....regretting the decision. I really want the MLM2 Pro and am hoping I find someone looking to sell one at a reasonable price!

image.png.702001ca19ba55f2a1ca32610c99752e.pngUSMC Veteran and Weekend Golfer

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Paradym 10.5 degree Driver; Tensei 1K Blue 50g S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods

image.png.bcf13f4bf775adb3a56fd3df40d0ea0e.png Titleist T300; C Taper Lite 105R

image.png.f87968f7ac02b80c1d756215bf1d4f5c.png Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

I've had the MLM2Pro for almost a year now. I will say that they have made significant improvements and will continue to do so. The product was rough when I first got it. But now it competes and, in my opinion, beats more expensive units. There are some downsides though. The biggest downside to me is the cost of the balls that need to be used with it. It's $70/dozen. They're callaway chrome which you would think would be a great ball. However, it's not for me. These balls do last a pretty good while. For reference, I practice 3 days a week and play at least 3 rounds a week. A dozen balls lasts somewhere around 3 months. Then they break or the dots become unreadable. So, if you're doing the math, that's $280 year spent on the balls. In addition, it's $200/year just for the device. If you don't use it as much as I do, you can reduce the operations cost of the balls. The native software is a bit.....cartoonish. The ball physics are fantastic, graphics not so much. Other than that, it's been well worth the investment. With the ability to practice and play anytime I want year round, my game has improved significantly. It's as accurate as you need a LM to be. It's within just a couple percent of the gold standard quad. If you're at the level where a couple of yards or a few hundred RPMs of spin are going to make or break your decision, then congrats on that chief because you're way better than me. But, for me it's plenty accurate. I was planning on "upgrading" to a uneekor around black friday if they had a good enough deal. But after the way Rapsodo has interacted with me and several others, I may be sticking with this unit for quite a while. 

Driver - Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 9 degree @ 44.5"

3 wood - Cobra LTDx max 

Taylormade sim 4hybrid through PW

Mizuno S22 wedges - 50, 54 and 58

Putter - Odyssey white hot OG 1

I have owned 3 different launch monitors. I first started with:

1. the Flightscope Xi+, which was a great practice tool. However, I wanted more of a simulation experience. The lack of short chipping and no putting frustrated me. 
  2. I then moved onto the Flightscope Mevo+, which in the short term, did give me what I wanted. Although I was still left wanting more. It was too finicky for the setup that I had. I use my garage as my simulator space which sometimes needs to be altered/moved.
  3. I currently own a Foresight GC2 (briefly had the HMT) which ticks off most of the boxes that I want for play and practice. The simulation experience is one of the best you can have as an individual. I did have an HMT, but couldn't justify it, so I resold it. 

Here is a picture of my setup. I also have a small golf repair shop I run out of my home. 20240220_203728.jpg.53ae23d7e118e3c792a7c7db0258740c.jpg

PRGR. First, my hero Everyman Padraig uses it. Next, I found it so incredibly easy to use. I like that its battery instead of rechargeable. I already have too many things to plug in. I'm in alaska so haven't had much opportunity to test it outside. Season just started this week. I have tested it against my Bushnell range finder for distance and against an indoor machine for ball speed and its been accurate. The cost is right where it should be. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. And.. if you have a kid in baseball, it measures pitch and bat speed. 

Started golf late in life and trying to make up for lost time!