tkgolf

minimalist golfer's bag update*

I see what your problem is.........you're a Lefty!

No wonder you can't figure out how to use 14 clubs for 18 holes......LOL

Whatever the number of clubs.....just go out and enjoy the game.

I shot a 43 +7 today with 5w,4h,7i,Aw,putter, played with an older gentleman seemed like a great guy. A little surprised he didn't say much about my club count. He did like my bulls eye putter, was shocked someone my age still used one. :ph34r:

I see what your problem is.........you're a Lefty!

No wonder you can't figure out how to use 14 clubs for 18 holes......LOL

Whatever the number of clubs.....just go out and enjoy the game.

I did learn to play right handed but it felt funny lol so I switched.

Love it! Wish the rules were 10 for us. That would speed up play for sure.

This is my updated set got a classic burner the other day and I love it.

Does that Burner have the "bubble shaft" in it? there are a couple of retirees around here that I know that are real devoted to those. In fact when I go to yard sales or the thrift stores and I see one cheap I pick it up for them for the spare shafts. I also must be the dumb one around here I am the only one that will put grips on those shafts. I guess I am a glutton for punishment

Does that Burner have the "bubble shaft" in it? there are a couple of retirees around here that I know that are real devoted to those. In fact when I go to yard sales or the thrift stores and I see one cheap I pick it up for them for the spare shafts. I also must be the dumb one around here I am the only one that will put grips on those shafts. I guess I am a glutton for punishment

Yes it does. It is a stock bubble shaft stiff flex and I am in love with it I hit it off the tee 200 to 220 right down the middle most every shot.

thats cool, i used to use a bullseye style putter but i stunk with as with almost every putter ive tried.

I have played many rounds with just a few clubs, as a mater of fact, on I10 just west of Jacksonville, Florida, I hid a "Sunday bag" containing a 5w, 7i, Wedge and a putter.  I bought these in like November of 2006 at a road side tent sale for $50(?) bucks, don't really remember but since I was going to be back and fourth for the next 6 months, I would hid them in the woods by the side of the road, and get them next time I was there a couple weeks later.  Finally, I simply did not go back after May of 2007.

But I have also played a 1 club round or 4 club rounds etc.  These are fun and you are 100% correct in your assertion that it does not take 14 clubs to have fun.  Nor does it take 14 clubs to score well.  A lot of higher handicapper would benefit if they had nothing larger than a 23-24* hybrid and nothing with more loft than 55*.  I once shot a 37 with just a 6 iron and used it for putting also. and a guy who had never broken 90 at the time also shot a 42.  He was shocked.

However, I do not believe that I score my best with less than 12 clubs.  Granted there are two clubs I could lose and it would not effect my score much at all.  I might have to play some holes differently, but dropping the 3 wood and 64 wedge would have minimal effect on my score.  But the rules allow 14 so why not.

I updated this thread because a few changes have been made. My Sig tells the story but I will be putting up some new pics of my kit very soon.

I have not tried the original so I can't give you a comparison but I love the feel of the Wilson. I bought it with the intent to just try it but now I can't keep it out of my bag. It's so good on fast greens.

I have not tried the original so I can't give you a comparison but I love the feel of the Wilson. I bought it with the intent to just try it but now I can't keep it out of my bag. It's so good on fast greens.

That's how I was with my Acushnet, but I picked up something more modern but it has some similarities. I may have to pick up one of these for my collection.

I got my first real practice of the season in. None of the courses around me are open so I went to my dad's country land where he has plenty of practice field. I decided to get my yardages down. I came away with some real yardages for the season. My wrist injury(constant battle) flared up so only got an hour in. What I found was that I am a really straight hitter like usual but man I am a short hitter. Practiced with my fitted driver and my exotics 5w. Exotics are long. I hit the 5w about 190 and the driver 200 so I usually will carry the 5w. Here's some stats some of you might like...I hit my 52* wedge(not in the bag) only 45 yards tops. Off the turf of course cause I wouldn't use it off the tee. I still break 100 every round so you can be short and still play decent golf.

5 clubs

I would try that but I would probably be playing the back 9 with my putter and my sand wedge!

There are some clubs that I never get to use, I reckon I could get rid of certain clubs too.

My utility is my old faithful workhorse, whenever I need to get from point A to point B and there's quite a bit of real estate in between, so this 1 club replaces my 3 wood, 3, 4 and 5 irons.

My 3 wood & 3, 4 and 5 irons are almost never used. So is my 9 iron, which goes the same distance as my PW, but I'm way more comfortable with my PW.

So at most I can get rid of 5 clubs here.