Random Thread

ole gray

4 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

The last two pairs of glasses I have ordered were through zenni.com. Pretty good selection of frames that are much, much cheaper than anywhere else. The last pair was prescription safety glasses for work. Progressive lenses, scratch resistance, and blue filter for a little over $100.

Wow. That's a deal!

• Like 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

On my way home today I spied the first Unlimited Hydroplane rolling into town for next week's boat races on the Columbia River.  It's our big event of the year that we didn't have last year... around 50,000 spectators line the Kennewick and Pasco sides of the river.  

IMG_1449.jpeg.0ce48f7ed3f9c9c9bbcd83c4bdf97558.jpeg

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just now, Chip Strokes said:

i think i’ve gotta stop fighting my natural fade with the driver and just embrace it. 

i went to a draw (or attempted draw) because when i started playing i was slicing the ball off the planet. it helped, but it doesn’t feel natural and now i’m missing both ways. 

tonight at the range i lined up aimed at a light pole that would’ve been the left side of the fairway and hit 10 in a row that peeled off the pole beautifully. 

the only thing that scares me about it is the occasional straight ball that goes forever. fore left!

Embrace the fade my dude.  All the cool kids hit fades… Tiger, DJ, Rory (now), Rick, Ben Hogan… BK… 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Embrace the fade my dude.  All the cool kids hit fades… Tiger, DJ, Rory (now), Rick, Ben Hogan… BK… 

it felt great. i was swinging full out and wasn’t guessing where the ball was gonna go. 

being cool is a nice bonus 

• Like 7

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

25 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i think i’ve gotta stop fighting my natural fade with the driver and just embrace it. 

i went to a draw (or attempted draw) because when i started playing i was slicing the ball off the planet. it helped, but it doesn’t feel natural and now i’m missing both ways. 

tonight at the range i lined up aimed at a light pole that would’ve been the left side of the fairway and hit 10 in a row that peeled off the pole beautifully. 

the only thing that scares me about it is the occasional straight ball that goes forever. fore left!

Yup, that’s my game.

24 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Yup👍

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

26 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

it felt great. i was swinging full out and wasn’t guessing where the ball was gonna go. 

being cool is a nice bonus 

I have to figure our how to swing full out and hit a fade.  I miss it with my irons.  Driver still usually fades, sometimes it’s an ankle biter… duck hook severely. ☹️

Confidence makes the game more enjoyable, and if smashing fades does it for your, stick with it.  🤘🏼

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I have to figure our how to swing full out and hit a fade.  I miss it with my irons.  Driver still usually fades, sometimes it’s an ankle biter… duck hook severely. ☹️

Confidence makes the game more enjoyable, and if smashing fades does it for your, stick with it.  🤘🏼

i know i’m gonna set up for a fade on the first tee sunday, do a little waggle, and then let rip the straightest drive of my life, 350 yards out of bounds left. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

7 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i know i’m gonna set up for a fade on the first tee sunday, do a little waggle, and then let rip the straightest drive of my life, 350 yards out of bounds left. 

It happens.

• Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 8:43 AM, russtopherb said:

Bought new glasses last night, ever since moving to progressive lenses I cannot believe how expensive things can get. I do opt for the higher cost lenses with the smaller distortion zones, but then add in scratch protection, blue light filtering (a must for me since I look at 4 screens all day at work) and everything else... even with my insurance discounts it's basically the price of an iron set 😬

The new spectacles came in much sooner than expected so I picked them up today. On the good side, the frames are so much lighter than my old ones, and the red racing stripe on the earpieces hopefully distracts from the thinning hairline 😄 

On the bad side, only my left eye changed so everything looks lopsided to me right now. I almost fell down getting out of my chair at dinner... I'm sure by tomorrow things will be fine and my brain will have adjusted. 

• Like 9

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

Just thought I'd throw this one in here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Mavrik with Reg. Flex UST Mamiya Helium Black 4 Graphite Shaft
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5-X  PIC

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

41 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Another Sunday on Cart electrical work. I received and installed the new switch  - and now have power to the lights. But figured since I was going to be tearing up the dash why not go one step further and upgrade the headlights to LEDs. The current ones were so discolored you could hardly see anything at night. The LEDs are a huge upgrade from the old ones. 

IMG_8337.jpg.cdf7ce82690d5cfb9d76e1bcaeb3948b.jpg

Here's a before and after. Note tail/brake lights yet to be done. 

Before

IMG_8334.jpg.3b37886c7281fd5afa035d0bd1696021.jpg

After

IMG_8339.jpg.b6ae30eb718f09fd233170805bcf1582.jpg

Love the headlights!!  Your going to really like the LED’s👍  Great thinking!

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

54 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Stayed in an absolute abomination of a hotel last night the next two nights I’m in LUXURY holy cow and for only 20 dollar difference this is crazy

Enjoy the “good life” my friend 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

24 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Enjoy the “good life” my friend 👍

It’s funny how you can get such a nice hotel for nearly the same price as a crappy one

• Like 6
  • Haha 1