Jump to content

Random Thread


ole gray

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

5 kids in the Shanks house… play faster. 😂😂😂

You guys are killing me tonight 😂

  • Haha 4

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I know you hate that hole. Is there another way to play it?  Different club off the tee to keep you out of trouble?

A fairway wood or 6 iron would probably be a better option, but for some reason I always try driver. I'll have to throw a couple of balls down and hit a couple of different clubs one day and see if it works. A shift in strategy might pay off by not giving away shots. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

A fairway wood or 6 iron would probably be a better option, but for some reason I always try driver. I'll have to throw a couple of balls down and hit a couple of different clubs one day and see if it works. A shift in strategy might pay off by not giving away shots. 

Got an overflight picture?  What’s the deal with #10?  Let’s work this out, right here, right now.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Got an overflight picture?  What’s the deal with #10?  Let’s work this out, right here, right now.

Definitely!

  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Shankster said:

5 kids in the Shanks house… play faster. 😂😂😂

Please forgive me master. I will do better. 😂


636CA3A5-48CD-4013-BF5C-14856E3CC06A.gif.8b76db85f08294e025a1ae1f045fdea5.gif

  • Haha 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Got an overflight picture?  What’s the deal with #10?  Let’s work this out, right here, right now.

Here ya go! I marked the hole off in red marker and the tee box is marked with an x. 

Screenshot_20210807-212803_Earth-01.jpeg.13c2f086a62e2686c83da1eb1dc8b990.jpeg

Here's a photo from the tee box, it's about 60 feet between the trees and I usually end up pulling my drive into the ones on the left. 

20190831_111849-01.jpeg.9a611875fe17cc31788ce86b6f205024.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Please forgive me master. I will do better. 😂


636CA3A5-48CD-4013-BF5C-14856E3CC06A.gif.8b76db85f08294e025a1ae1f045fdea5.gif

Great movie.  I’ve learned on thing I’ve the past 15 years… (that’s how long I’ve been a parent)…. Jam as much personal time in as you can.  So if you get 1 hour… make it a full hour, don’t waste a second.  That’s why I started playing “speed golf”.  Haha.  
 

Family first always though.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Here ya go! I marked the hole off in red marker and the tee box is marked with an x. 

Screenshot_20210807-212803_Earth-01.jpeg.13c2f086a62e2686c83da1eb1dc8b990.jpeg

Here's a photo from the tee box, it's about 60 feet between the trees and I usually end up pulling my drive into the ones on the left. 

20190831_111849-01.jpeg.9a611875fe17cc31788ce86b6f205024.jpeg

Play the fairway to the left 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Normal shot shape?  
 

for me, this looks like a “must draw” hole… which already makes me mad… I can see why you hate it.  

I don’t like that hole either!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Normal shot shape?  
 

for me, this looks like a “must draw” hole… which already makes me mad… I can see why you hate it.  

Pretty much, you miss right and you're sitting in a lie with the ball above your feet and possibly having to avoid the trees on that side.

It's also about 165 to take the pond out of play according to Google maps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

357 from the whites. 

This is what I’d probably do.

 

170 club, aim between those two trees.  If it rolls it, you might catch the rough.  But that would leave you ~110-115 into the green, free and clear of the giant trees on the left.

 

4294E5B1-F677-452E-87C6-6B57916DEF73.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Here ya go! I marked the hole off in red marker and the tee box is marked with an x. 

Screenshot_20210807-212803_Earth-01.jpeg.13c2f086a62e2686c83da1eb1dc8b990.jpeg

Here's a photo from the tee box, it's about 60 feet between the trees and I usually end up pulling my drive into the ones on the left. 

20190831_111849-01.jpeg.9a611875fe17cc31788ce86b6f205024.jpeg

Have you tried the Bryson line? Just tee that baby high and smash a baby fade over the left tree line. 
 

60% of the time, works every time. 

  • Love 2
  • Haha 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

357 from the whites. 

For me 5 wood (200 yards) off the tee to the right side of the fairway will leave me 157 to the green. If you miss a little left the 5 wood should still get you over the right side of the trees on the left and still be in the fairway.

  • Like 5

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

This is what I’d probably do.

 

170 club, aim between those two trees.  If it rolls it, you might catch the rough.  But that would leave you ~110-115 into the green, free and clear of the giant trees on the left.

 

4294E5B1-F677-452E-87C6-6B57916DEF73.jpeg

I'll give that a go my next round and see how it works out. I appreciate the advice!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, B.Boston said:

Have you tried the Bryson line? Just tee that baby high and smash a baby fade over the left tree line. 
 

60% of the time, works every time. 

Unless the face of the driver sucks as BAD would say.  Then we are looking at 60% of the time it works 50% of the time.  Haha. 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

For me 5 wood (200 yards) off the tee to the right side of the fairway will leave me 157 to the green. If you miss a little left the 5 wood should still get you over the right side of the trees on the left and still be in the fairway.

The 5 wood is probably my best bet, too. I can get it out to the 175-180 range off the tee, it would still leave a long iron in but playing it with bogey in mind would be better than a penalty. 

@B.Boston I've thought about the Bryson line, but can't quite elevate it enough off the tee to clear them. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

The 5 wood is probably my best bet, too. I can get it out to the 175-180 range off the tee, it would still leave a long iron in but playing it with bogey in mind would be better than a penalty. 

@B.Boston I've thought about the Bryson line, but can't quite elevate it enough off the tee to clear them. 

You’ve got the right idea playing bogey as your par there. there’s a hole at a course near me that is the #1 handicap hole. Uphill dogleg left, OB left too. I’ve always said that a 5 is a great score there and it’s helped me eliminate some bad scores from trying to bite off too much. 
 

  • Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120X | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | :ping-small: Traverse | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...