Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Non Conforming Drivers

Jinteh

I am a social golfer in Malaysia, aged 59, handicap 15, playng at TPC Kuala Lumpur

Here. golfers with $$$$ but Japanese drivers Drivers that are so light and thin faced that they really fly. Some cost over $1500

I see Krank came up with one recently at a fraction of the prices..

http://krankgolf2017.wpengine.com/formula-7-x/

Has anyone tried one?? I'll do anything (except pay silly money) to get distance right now.

It looks as if the big boys have their non conforming drivers too

http://golfclub-fuerth.de/media/Sport/NonConformingClubList.pdf

Comments please!!!!!

Oh yeah all the big boys have their non-conforming drivers. Most of that stuff is designed and marketed for the Asian Tour. Their conforming rules are a lot different from the R&A and the USGA. Now if you do not care for being conforming several stateside component companies make non conforming drivers. Diamond Tour Golf makes one called the DTG Felon along with some non groove conforming wedges. I think Hireko golf has a non conforming driver. I believe Maltby even has a non conforming head. You can go that route and spend half the money as you would for some exotic Asian stuff. I do hit a Homna G1-X driver myself but it is conforming.

Really myself I see absolutely no problem with a recreational golfer out to have fun use non conforming drivers or balls for that matter

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Think of it this way Jinteh, first distance is not all it's cracked up to be. If a driver can give you more distance down the fairway, it can give you more distance into the trees or OB. With that said, go to www.golfworks.com and buy one of their non-conforming heads and have them install a shaft in it for you.

Cheers

Burk

Sent from my Sprint LG G5 mobile device

My pro shop took a Krank driver in on trade, I tried for a half hour just to hit the fairway 6 times.

I am sure they are a great driver, jjust not my cup of tea.

Good luck in your search.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Oh yeah all the big boys have their non-conforming drivers. Most of that stuff is designed and marketed for the Asian Tour. Their conforming rules are a lot different from the R&A and the USGA. Now if you do not care for being conforming several stateside component companies make non conforming drivers. Diamond Tour Golf makes one called the DTG Felon along with some non groove conforming wedges. I think Hireko golf has a non conforming driver. I believe Maltby even has a non conforming head. You can go that route and spend half the money as you would for some exotic Asian stuff. I do hit a Homna G1-X driver myself but it is conforming.

Really myself I see absolutely no problem with a recreational golfer out to have fun use non conforming drivers or balls for that matter

How is the Asian Tour conformance different from the USGA and R&A?

Even for Asia (not the Asian Tour) how is it different?

The world follows either USGA or R&A. There are no other governing bodies.

Both have almost identical rules on equipment. If it is non-conforming to USGA and/or R&A then it cannot be used for tournament play or handicapping purposes. The matter of availability or even moreso implementation/policing are the issues.

Both have almost identical rules on equipment. If it is non-conforming to USGA and/or R&A then it cannot be used for tournament play or handicapping purposes. The matter of availability or even moreso implementation/policing are the issues.

I dunno about the Asian tour but Asia in general cares less about being conforming. They just wanted the hottest, best thing they can get their hands on.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I dunno about the Asian tour but Asia in general cares less about being conforming. They just wanted the hottest, best thing they can get their hands on.

This is true. I even wrote a case study in my marketing class about how different the marketing in Asia is differnet than the states and europe

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

This is true. I even wrote a case study in my marketing class about how different the marketing in Asia is differnet than the states and europe

Just a cultural difference I guess. Even the stuff they get sent from our OEMs are way different than the stuff we get.

Sometimes the stuff they get looks way better too lol

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

My wife needs one of these. She struggles with distance.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid
                     PXG 0311
             Titleist SM7 50, 55, 60
                Scotty Cameron

What I am saying is conformance isn't different.

Yes the mindset for marketing is different. Some don't mind playing non conforming, but those clubs are still non conforming.

Look up the latest PRGR RFS conformance issues.

What I am saying is conformance isn't different.

Yes the mindset for marketing is different. Some don't mind playing non conforming, but those clubs are still non conforming.

Look up the latest PRGR RFS conformance issues.

They have always had issues with the USGA and R&A but they make some good hitting stuff.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

My pro shop took a Krank driver in on trade, I tried for a half hour just to hit the fairway 6 times.

I am sure they are a great driver, jjust not my cup of tea.

Good luck in your search.

All those Long Drive drivers have extremely hot faces and are barely USGA legal but they are. The ball comes off the face so hot there is little chance for correction. The stress on those is distance not accuracy. I have an older Nakashima which is 10 years old and will still push it out there with the best of the newer drivers. The face on that thing is hotter than a firecracker. That is the problem for me I can flat bomb it but can not keep it in 3 fairways. 

G

Just a cultural difference I guess. Even the stuff they get sent from our OEMs are way different than the stuff we get.

Sometimes the stuff they get looks way better too lol

If you look on flea bay you will see some great looking flashy staff bags for the Asian market. All of the big companies make them. Flashy and colorful for sure and the prices reflect it too!

G

The Asian Tour plays it's own rules as far as equipment goes they do not pay any attention to the USGA or R&A

G

Archived