TSauer

Happy thread

Golf lesson setup for tomorrow to try and figure out what is going on with my short game.

• Like 2

Played in my first blind-draw club scramble last night. We didn't win or anything but the guys I played with were awesome. I made some big time putts and saved our crew a couple of times, several of my drives were used as well. Irons are still just horrible while I try to groove the changes from that lesson, but it was a great experience! I learned a lot from the guys I played with as well. 

• Like 3

On 3/7/2019 at 11:27 AM, MaxEntropy said:

Seriously?!?!? That's awesome. Some day you should regale us with that story.

Sorry...just now seeing this.

Basically I and 3 other guys won a contest to go to TMAG Headquarters for the AdiZero and R1 launches back several years ago.

We got to spend a day at TMAG getting fit and a tour and presentation on Adidas shoes.  Then went to Torrey Pines for the Tuesday practice round, and had a private lunch meet and greet with DJ, Snedeker and Jason Day.

The surprise was we were originally told we'd be playing golf on Wed with TMAG corporate people, but found out at lunch on Tuesday that we'd actually be playing in the Pro Am on Wed instead.     We found out later that day our Pro was Sean O'Hair.   

So on Wednesday afternoon, we tee'd it up with Sean and had a great time.   

Pretty much a golden ticket type trip!    All three guys were great at the lunch, but I've said many times in the years since.  Day was absolutely the most engaging and genuinely interested in getting to know us and talk to us like he was just hanging with some buddies.   Such a humble and really really decent guy! 

And yes, it will shock some to know that I still have the R1 driver.   I take it out maybe for one round a year just for old time sakes, it's one that will never be traded or sold!  

• Like 6

I booked a tee time for Monday at San Carlos Golf Course in Fort Myers. 😃

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MattF said:

I booked a tee time for Monday at San Carlos Golf Course in Fort Myers. 😃

Nice.  Foz, Rev and I got a practice round in at Pebble Creek today in preparation for next week's iron man day!

• Like 3

After a long day and some travel my son and I have finally arrived in Pinehurst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Love 1

My 11 year old daughter is competing in the Louisiana State Championships for Gymnastics tomorrow, and we’re all excited, but nervous. She missed making the Regional team that represents the State by less than a tenth of a point last year, and her scores are in the top 8 highest coming in. She’s a determined little girl, and wants Regionals SO badly! It’s #2 on her goals for 2019 (see pic below). If anyone on here says prayers, we could use some for her tomorrow to keep her calm and confident. My wife is with her, while I’m home with the other 2. Exciting day tomorrow.
IMG_8363.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 9

10 hours ago, PMookie said:

My 11 year old daughter is competing in the Louisiana State Championships for Gymnastics tomorrow, and we’re all excited, but nervous. She missed making the Regional team that represents the State by less than a tenth of a point last year, and her scores are in the top 8 highest coming in. She’s a determined little girl, and wants Regionals SO badly! It’s #2 on her goals for 2019 (see pic below). If anyone on here says prayers, we could use some for her tomorrow to keep her calm and confident. My wife is with her, while I’m home with the other 2. Exciting day tomorrow.
IMG_8363.jpg

Wow that's a determined young lady! Wishing her the best tomorrow😎

• Like 2

My daughter woke me up this morning to video chat. She is engaged!!!! Her Australian boyfriend decided to ask while my wife was there visiting them. That's two children engaged in just two months.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, kardboard.kid said:

My daughter woke me up this morning to video chat. She is engaged!!!! Her Australian boyfriend decided to ask while my wife was there visiting them. That's two children engaged in just two months.

Welcome to the Oz family!

• Like 1

Last day of both kids' bowling league today! They did what is called a "no-tap, best-ball" tourney today which means (for my girls team specifically) that if on their first shot of each frame they make 8 or better pins down, it counts as a strike. That's what "no-tap" means. Then for a single frame, each team (2-players on each) only counts the best frame from one player toward the final score. My girl and her teammate scored a perfect 300 on their final game and beat a pair of boys who had 9 strikes in a row themselves before missing one in the tenth...!!!🤩 Proud Papa here!

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, PMookie said:

My girl DID IT!!!!! She’s headed to TENNESSEE to compete in the gymnastics regionals!!!! We are SO proud of her!!! Thanks to all those who said a little prayer for her!!
Wooooooo HOOOOOO!!!!

That's huge PM!!!! Big congrats to her big time and also to you and the wife! I'm sure you guys have all worked very hard to help her get to this point. Here's to continued success and good luck at the Regionals!!!!🏆

• Like 1

Last day of both kids' bowling league today! They did what is called a "no-tap, best-ball" tourney today which means (for my girls team specifically) that if on their first shot of each frame they make 8 or better pins down, it counts as a strike. That's what "no-tap" means. Then for a single frame, each team (2-players on each) only counts the best frame from one player toward the final score. My girl and her teammate scored a perfect 300 on their final game and beat a pair of boys who had 9 strikes in a row themselves before missing one in the tenth...!!! Proud Papa here!

That’s awesome! Congrats!

• Like 1

My girl DID IT!!!!! She’s headed to TENNESSEE to compete in the gymnastics regionals!!!! We are SO proud of her!!! Thanks to all those who said a little prayer for her!!
Wooooooo HOOOOOO!!!!

That is awesome, congratulations to her

• Like 2

I think that's how I will score from now on when I bowl

Last day of both kids' bowling league today! They did what is called a "no-tap, best-ball" tourney today which means (for my girls team specifically) that if on their first shot of each frame they make 8 or better pins down, it counts as a strike. That's what "no-tap" means. Then for a single frame, each team (2-players on each) only counts the best frame from one player toward the final score. My girl and her teammate scored a perfect 300 on their final game and beat a pair of boys who had 9 strikes in a row themselves before missing one in the tenth...!!! Proud Papa here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wooooooo HOOOOOO!!!!

Congrats to her and her parents. Looks like you were a pretty good influencer with her - goes to the old saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
  • Like 2

Last day of both kids' bowling league today! They did what is called a "no-tap, best-ball" tourney today which means (for my girls team specifically) that if on their first shot of each frame they make 8 or better pins down, it counts as a strike. That's what "no-tap" means. Then for a single frame, each team (2-players on each) only counts the best frame from one player toward the final score. My girl and her teammate scored a perfect 300 on their final game and beat a pair of boys who had 9 strikes in a row themselves before missing one in the tenth...!!!🤩 Proud Papa here!

Congrats! This must be the day for celebrating successful young ladies and their parents! You must be so proud.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Congrats! This must be the day for celebrating successful young ladies and their parents! You must be so proud.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We are indeed! Thanks Bud!