GolfSpy STUDque

Getting a little faster at this each time. Here's your link for the #SpyStaffSlam picks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Good luck everyone!

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

I am really like golf tournaments on the west coast vs east coast.  I can head to the course, play 18, and get home before the leaders tee off.  When tournaments are on the east coast, I get home about when they finish.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, revkev said:

It’s been an interesting week - interesting and informative about the game of golf IMO.

Normally tee to green determines the outcome - not this week. It’s all about putting this week and of the leaders are putting their rock. (Or skipping the putting because they are chipping in) 🙂

Smaller greens means more of them missed and a larger importance for the short game.

This may cause me to rethink some things because on this course their game is more similar to ours - they have to get up and down more frequently than they are used to. I was only going to watch when I got home from playing this afternoon. Instead I’m recording and catching the entire thing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

It just shows us what good architecture and a good setup can do. Even in the modern game. There aren’t many settings like Pebble but golf course design can still win. 

• Like 2

What's going on with Tiger? He looks like he doesn't care in the slightest what's going on.

Not to mention the "layup" chip he put into the rough. Yeesh

• Like 1

What's going on with Tiger? He looks like he doesn't care in the slightest what's going on.

Not gonna lie. If I was playing on tour and wasn’t in reach of a W I’d have a hard time focusing.

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Not gonna lie. If I was playing on tour and wasn’t in reach of a W I’d have a hard time focusing.

"He looks like he needs a cup of coffee and a vitamin B12 shot" 😂😂

Yeah I guess that's fair. Seems to me like sheer pride would have me trying not to make too much of a fool of myself, especially with as many eyes following him as there are.

• Like 1

Don't think the weather has helped his back/neck. He's been wearing KT tape all week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Fox broadcast has definitely been good overall. They've improved so much since that first time at Chambers Bay. Only thing that's been frustrating is how often they're wrong on what clubs guys are hitting.

They said Tiger hit a gap wedge earlier today, when he doesn't even carry a gap wedge. Phil hit a 4 iron (he plays an Epic 4 iron) on 4 yesterday, they said it was a 5 iron. And they've mixed up drivers and 3 woods a bunch.

• Like 2

I hope Cupcake does it. Let’s go!

1 minute ago, FrogginBullfish said:

If Koepka somehow pulls this off, look no further than that insane par save at 2 for why he got it done.

Gosh no kidding, it looked like he was about to be in a real bad spot. And then back to business as usual on 3!

• Like 1

Holy crap. He’s gonna do it isn’t he?

• Like 2

Spieth still can't break par on the weekend.

8 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

What a turnaround from Big Cat. +4 through 6. -5 through the next ten. To -1 for the week with 2 to go.

Man, with how poorly he played the easiest stretch on the course it makes you wonder if he shouldn't have been right in the mix! Good for him for putting together a solid back half tho. I thought he was shippin' it

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I am really like golf tournaments on the west coast vs east coast.  I can head to the course, play 18, and get home before the leaders tee off.  When tournaments are on the east coast, I get home about when they finish.  

Counter point. At best the tournament will end 10PM on a Sunday. I have no chance of getting to watch the final without calling out tomorrow. (Luckily or unluckily I came down with a cold so called in sick).

I do agree for west coast viewers they are awesome. (Chambers Bay I was on the West Coast and I loved getting a round in and then watching the entire tournament for the lead group.)

• Like 1

Man Woodland is basically blowing up slowly. I sense -10 wins this thing with the leaders succumbing to stress and the course.

• Like 1