GolfSpy STUDque

Getting a little faster at this each time. Here's your link for the #SpyStaffSlam picks:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RRiDBlLOeOQpB9jIKbyNsXvDbfW6qzXq-5l7Q-9izhw

Good luck everyone!

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

USGA (Not so) Live stream... YUCK 🤮.  They sure could learn something about this from Augusta National.

• Like 1

USGA (Not so) Live stream... YUCK 🤮.  They sure could learn something about this from Augusta National.

IMG_9007.jpg
Pretty much sums it up

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

This tournament is incredible

• Like 4

I always figured Skechers were trying to break the “old man” feel but Kuch wearing those pants from when he played at Georgia Tech aren’t doing them any favors 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

G Wood on fire!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Just found out Rickies 2nd round score- what WTH happened?

It wasn't me!!  I didn't pick him!!!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would hate to see G Wood lose again like he did at Kapalua this year; play great, but just get beaten.  He deserves it.

• Like 1

I would hate to see G Wood lose again like he did at Kapalua this year; play great, but just get beaten.  He deserves it.

It’s been an interesting week - interesting and informative about the game of golf IMO.

Normally tee to green determines the outcome - not this week. It’s all about putting this week and of the leaders are putting their rock. (Or skipping the putting because they are chipping in) :)

Smaller greens means more of them missed and a larger importance for the short game.

This may cause me to rethink some things because on this course their game is more similar to ours - they have to get up and down more frequently than they are used to. I was only going to watch when I got home from playing this afternoon. Instead I’m recording and catching the entire thing.

• Like 6

I’ll be glued to the TV later watching the final groups play out.

I’d love to see Woodland pull out a major, but selfishly I wouldn’t mind Rosie winning too. Brooksie would be cool just to see history slightly updated.

Would the USGA still leave him out of Promos if he won 3 in a row?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Tiger is on some kind of roller coaster...

No kidding. Keeps coming in flashes and then misses a putt or puts himself in a bad spot

• Like 1

We’ve made it to Sunday at the US Open and nobody is talking about how unfair the course is.

Nice job for once USGA.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, bens197 said:

We’ve made it to Sunday at the US Open and nobody is talking about how unfair the course is.

Nice job for once USGA.

But there has been some talk about it not being difficult enough 😁.  I agree with you that they've done a good job on this one.  Leaders shooting 2-3 under/round seems right - at least to me.  It's also been fun watching more long iron play. Most of the season, it seems, these guys forget they're in the bag.

• Like 1

Nice job for once USGA.

Lots of “too easy’s” though. Not sure if the set up is why, but the top of the board is a pretty good mix. It’s refreshing.

Personally I am ready for The Open Championship next month. Ready to see Royal Portrush in all its glory.
  • Like 3

Lots of “too easy’s” though. Not sure if the set up is why, but the top of the board is a pretty good mix. It’s refreshing.

Personally I am ready for The Open Championship next month. Ready to see Royal Portrush in all its glory.

Yup...they did a good job with balance and it’s really nice to see a diverse leaderboard. And Brooks
  • Like 1

But there has been some talk about it not being difficult enough .  I agree with you that they've done a good job on this one.  Leaders shooting 2-3 under/round seems right - at least to me.  It's also been fun watching more long iron play. Most of the season, it seems, these guys forget they're in the bag.

For sure. The game definitely changes when you’re not able to overpower the course.
  • Like 2

This is gearing up for potentially another Wilson Staff Blades Major win 👏

Gary Woodland is looking like a Brooks Clone out there......similar build and temperament.

My picks (Rickie, Phil etc) have all fallen over the cliff onto the beach but I'm enjoying this US Open as the iron play in the top 20 is quite outstanding. The sound of their strikes is beautiful to the ear.

• Like 2

So far this is the least talked about Major on this site. Strange since it was voted the 2nd favorite major.

Probably doesn’t help that I moving and can’t be a blabber mouth about it.

I’ll be moved in and ready for the next major...

• Like 3

So far this is the least talked about Major on this site. Strange since it was voted the 2nd favorite major.

Probably doesn’t help that I moving and can’t be a blabber mouth about it.

I’ll be moved in and ready for the next major...

You help motivate us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, revkev said:

It’s been an interesting week - interesting and informative about the game of golf IMO.

Normally tee to green determines the outcome - not this week. It’s all about putting this week and of the leaders are putting their rock. (Or skipping the putting because they are chipping in) 🙂

Smaller greens means more of them missed and a larger importance for the short game.

This may cause me to rethink some things because on this course their game is more similar to ours - they have to get up and down more frequently than they are used to. I was only going to watch when I got home from playing this afternoon. Instead I’m recording and catching the entire thing.

I totally agree!  What you see this week is EXACTLY what my game looks like most days.  Of course, hitting further off the tee is great, but it still doesn't mean I'm on the green any more often; sometimes, but I still miss a lot.  Maybe small greens for the pros makes their approach shots more like ours on normal greens.  My game heavily relies on getting up and down.  Rose is doing that very well this week.

• Like 1