The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

4 minutes ago, Dead Solid Bogey said:

The wind then was probably like it is today, because @Josh Parker forgot to close the door….again. 
 Nah.. I shouldn’t blame Josh for the wind issues. Most of the time the wind is coming up from the gulf or occasionally escaping from Mexico. Today’s wind is however an exception…Josh did leave the door open to make its way down here. At least he warmed it up some. 

I played this morning and it was brutal!  Water stations blown over, ball washing stations had fallen and down below 40.  I'm surprised some of the members from the MGA were attempting to play.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, funkyjudge said:

If there were ever a football game where I would wish for both teams to lose, it would be this weekend’s KC Chiefs vs Miami Dolphins game, but of course that is not possible. I guess that I would just ever so slightly hope for a KC victory, although I don’t like either of those teams.

... Other than my "home" team Da Bearz, my favorites are just so QB driven. I want KC to win because I want to watch Mahomes every game through the SB. Then Allen and Stroud but sadly all 3 are AFC so the Championship is as close as I'll get. I really wanna see Herbert in a SB one day too.  🙄  The only team I love to see lose is the Packers. 🧀👨's

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

16 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Mine just activates the indoor hidden surveillance cams, and them comes home and gives me the look... 😆 

We only activate cams when we aren't here, so nobody can hack in and watch us... well, except for the hidden cameras in the new-fangled smart TVs.  😬

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

57 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Other than my "home" team Da Bearz, my favorites are just so QB driven. I want KC to win because I want to watch Mahomes every game through the SB. Then Allen and Stroud but sadly all 3 are AFC so the Championship is as close as I'll get. I really wanna see Herbert in a SB one day too.  🙄  The only team I love to see lose is the Packers. 🧀👨's

Understandably so, Sam!

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

1 hour ago, chisag said:

Mahomes is having “off year”, and so is Josh Allen (really “off” at times, other times only slightly off). The Bills-Chiefs playoff games in recent years have been great, even though the wrong team tended to win — at least, in my opinion.  We can hope that both of those QBs are in fantastic form if they face each other in this year’s playoffs, and all the better for me if the Bills win the game … but they have to beat the Steelers first, and the Chiefs must beat the Dolphins!

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Good early afternoon from the rather windy but relatively warm buffer zone between the Hill Country of Texas and the Texas Riviera ( aka. No Man’s Land )  I have already deflected and blamed our wind issues on Josh.. Hope all of our  fellow spies that are dealing with the COLD and the wind are all safe and sound. 
  Golf yesterday was exciting, disappointing, fun, disappointing, informative, and well disappointing. Had marvelous weather, fantastic playing partners, and new clubs to try out on the course for the first time. On the front nine the Titleist responded like a BOSS. They even seemed to force the other clubs in the bag to perform… ( Looking at you, Edison wedges ). Made the turn;  while refreshing myself and then cleaning up, some of the Ancient Agers were outside getting into a specific conversation with the Titleist clubs and in a general conversation with the bag. They were both interrogating the Titleist and reminding all of the bag who they were playing for. Yep…  Needless to say that the back nine went about as poorly as the front nine had gone well. No golf today as the bag is in sensory deprivation mode ( in a dark closet ) in hopes of reducing any  traumatic effects that are lingering from yesterday’s back nine. 
   So instead playing golf in the howling wind, I have had to spend an am spending the day trapped into listening to the her of HERS, howl about the state of the family finances. This woman could fatigue the entire IRS with what I have dubbed in the past as “ Fantastic Female Financial Fairytale Forecasting “. 
   Hope this Friday is a positive gateway to the weekend for all.  For those getting a three day weekend, pace yourself. May all of you and yours, stay safe and warm. 

2 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Mahomes is having “off year”, and so is Josh Allen (really “off” at times, other times only slightly off). The Bills-Chiefs playoff games in recent years have been great, even though the wrong team tended to win — at least, in my opinion.  We can hope that both of those QBs are in fantastic form if they face each other in this year’s playoffs, and all the better for me if the Bills win the game … but they have to beat the Steelers first, and the Chiefs must beat the Dolphins!

... 🤣 you are talking to a Bear fan for the last 45 years. Mahome's/Allen's "off" are better than every Bears QB (other than Cutler) the last 37 years and light years better than Fields even when he is supposedly "on". (Not talking about his running which is off the charts dynamic, just his lack of passing, understanding how to read a defense and consistently holding the ball for well over 4 seconds) 

1 minute ago, Javs said:

Hope everyone is having a great Friday. Big gym day today. The courses are closing and covering the greens until next Thursday. A big freeze is coming. So, instead of playing I think I’ll go buy some golf stuff, ha ha

... Opposite here in Phoenix as we have been in the 50's for awhile now 🥶 but after today and a high of 55* it's starting to look they way it's supposed to look:

Screenshot2024-01-12at12_03_38PM.png.37dec0f6406e7b56915b091d69471e0c.png

2 hours ago, chisag said:

The only team I love to see lose is the Packers. 🧀👨's

Packers stockholder here. Never been to Lambeau Field, but I played for the Pee Wee Packers in 1970 and my earliest memories of the NFL are of the late Lombardi years; remember watching the Ice Bowl at my grandfather's house. So that's why I'm a Packers fan. Resale value of my one share of Packers stock: Zero. But I like to say I own the same number of shares of an NFL team as my fellow Arkansas alum Jerry Jones. Only mine is worthless and his is worth $9 billion or so according to Forbes.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

4 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

LOL I grew up in San Francisco. Legendary columnist Herb Caen included a blurb in one of his columns about a woman going through a divorce selling her husband’s new Porsche for $200. 😂

Reminds me of the old one about....

Wife asks her husband, "Dear what would you do if we won the lottery?"

He says, "Well I'd give you half and leave you."

"Fine" she replies .. "It's your lucky day - here's your half - now get out!"

😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Good morning fellow Spys (8:30 am for me in California).

Well, today is a huge day for me. I am still new here and have not shared a whole lot about myself outside of golf. But today, I have officially traveled an entire year around the sun without a drop of alcohol!

I am excited beyond belief and overcome with a sense of relief this morning. Strange road it was everybody. 

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming!

Awesome news, congrats!!!

5 hours ago, StrokerAce said:

whew! looks like Old Man Winter is here with a vengeance, unless you're in Miami or Key West; haha

image.png.a04d06d89ca88e83df26dfc01be3c994.png

Going to be interesting to see the Miami Dolphins play in negative temps at Kansas City this weekend. I cannot even imagine...

Hope everyone stays nice and toasty and enjoys the 3 day weekend. Hoping to get some time in the sim somewhere; it's been too long.

Take your blue back, we don't want anymore!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

3 hours ago, tdroma98 said:

Good Day Spies! 

Apologies for the second post, Ranger duties got rained out and day cut short.  should of brought my clubs & push cart with me.  But need the rest, left elbow a bit sore.  What's a little rain when it's 75 degrees?  I think we've all Played in much worse weather conditions, Right? 

Back home & working regular job, bummer 🤣

Have a Great Day Everyone!! 

I feel sorry for you its raining, it's 40 with rain changing to snow here. High temperature the next 10 days is 29. Have a wonderful day. 

Frank musolino 

@Big moose  I feel your pain.  Being an "Ex-Northerner", I remember those days and don't miss them. 
I figure by posting the weather here in Central Florida, you guys can live vicariously through us in Florida, during the Winter.
Stay Safe & Warm! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

2 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

@Big moose  I feel your pain.  Being an "Ex-Northerner", I remember those days and don't miss them. 
I figure by posting the weather here in Central Florida, you guys can live vicariously through us in Florida, during the Winter.
Stay Safe & Warm! ⛳

One of the guys that lived here and golfed with us every day moved to Florida gives me the weather forecast every few days just to rub it in. Thanks TD.

Frank musolino 

6 hours ago, Javs said:

Hope everyone is having a great Friday. Big gym day today. The courses are closing and covering the greens until next Thursday. A big freeze is coming. So, instead of playing I think I’ll go buy some golf stuff, ha ha

What's on the list of purchases?  

12 minutes ago, Javs said:

New driver, 3 wood and hybrids

Nice!  Black Ops... 

11 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Nice!  Black Ops... 

That is the way I am leaning at the moment. I am not a big Taylormade fan. I currently have a Callaway TD so, not sure the 2024 adds much. I have always liked PXG, especially with the hero’s program. 

Play like a champion today!

Just now, Javs said:

That is the way I am leaning at the moment. I am not a big Taylormade fan. I currently have a Callaway TD so, not sure the 2024 adds much. I have always liked PXG, especially with the hero’s program. 

The gen6 was much better than gen5 and I really like the look of the Black Ops. 

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

The gen6 was much better than gen5 and I really like the look of the Black Ops. 

Agree fully! I sold my Gen5. Looking at the Black Ops Tour 1 with MCA Tensei AV Series White 65 - S shaft. Then the 3 wood and 17, 22 and 25 degree hybrids. 

Play like a champion today!