The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

33 minutes ago, Preeway said:

I actually stopped playing in many scramble tournaments just for this reason. I now focus on tournaments based on the charity/fundraiser they are supporting. I like to go for the silent auction prizes or pin prizes. I already know that it will take an unrealistic score to win.

Yea, this is the way I will be going forward. It is discouraging to me. 

Samuel Hanvey 

39 minutes ago, Samuel09152 said:

they did have compression gun for one of the holes,

Compression gun? Not understanding the concept here.

Learned last night I get to get back on the airplane Sunday morning. Flying to SoCal to work in Victorville for three days. Haven't been to SoCal since 1995, and never to San Bernardino County, so this will be interesting. It's getting to where my monthly schedule is the NC circuit for a week, then a trip somewhere random, another NC circuit, and finally a week at home. All of which makes Rypstick/Fit For Golf somewhat problematic.

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Good Morning everyone!  I’m happy to say that I woke up.  Yes, I aged a whole year today; I have always thought of the Tennessee Ernie Ford song, 16 Tons…  "another day year older and deeper in debt.  St. Peter, don't you call me 'cause I can't go.  I owe my soul to the company store.  (Most of you young’ens will have to look that up.)  At 77 it’s now easier to shoot my age!!  🤣

Lots going on today.  Have to take my wife’s car in for oil change and check up for our cross country trip to the MGS Kingsmill outing.  We leave next week.  She gave up he Tuesday golf game with the Ladies to play golf with me today… we always play golf together on our birthdays and anniversaries!  Looks like another gorgeous 85º sunny day.  After golf I’m taking her to her heart doctor appointment and picking up her car before we head out for an Italian dinner at Europa restaurant.  

Best wishes for a terrific Tuesday everyone and thanks for the birthday wishes.  I might take a mulligan… you can take one to!!

Happy Birthday Kenny! 🥳

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

44 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Compression gun? Not understanding the concept here.

I’ve had this before too. They use an adapter with the gun to shoot your ball. Mine used a blank cartridge with an AR-15. Shot the ball to the green almost 400 yards away. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

44 minutes ago, tdroma98 said:

It's basically a long cylinder tube and you drop a golf ball inside the tube.

Oh okay, like a T-shirt cannon I've seen at basketball games. I remember seeing that a cheerleader at one school was injured when the T-shirt cannon went haywire, so you gotta be careful with those things.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

28 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

For those who haven’t answered the poll on driver shaft length, please take a few seconds do it.

I'm not sure what my driver length is. My fitter didn't mark any changes, but I also have one of those Mizuno adapters where you can tweak the loft, so not sure what that did to the length. 

Fit For Golf tester 2024

5 minutes ago, ILMgolfnut said:

I'm not sure what my driver length is. My fitter didn't mark any changes, but I also have one of those Mizuno adapters where you can tweak the loft, so not sure what that did to the length. 

There is a photo on how you can measure it, so if you have a tape measure and a flat edge, you should be able to get good number for length.  Hope that helps.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:ping-small: Utility 2 Iron 18.0 - Nippon NS Pro 650GH Stiff /  :titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:Takomo:  5 - 9 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 46 F - 10 BV105

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 - Nippon NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Current MCC Plus 4 Sensor / Club Sensor User

1 minute ago, KC Golf said:

There is a photo on how you can measure it, so if you have a tape measure and a flat edge, you should be able to get good number for length.  Hope that helps.

OK. Not sure what you mean by a flat edge. I have a tape measure, but it's back at the Casa and I don't get home until Friday night. I think from the photo I could probably do it with just the tape measure.

Fit For Golf tester 2024

Should modify something I posted recently about my tournament experience. When I was a journalism major in college and working in the press box at football games, we often had a media scramble on Saturday morning before night games, and I did that for four years. There were no prizes, just an excuse to get out on the course and have some fun, which is why I didn't think of it. I often got put on the team with the team's radio announcer, who had played college golf at Iowa. I used to kid him that his back must be sore from carrying me every Saturday morning. But I remember one morning our best drive on a par 4 was in a fairway bunker, about 90 yards out (the rest of them must have really sucked). I hit the bunker shot of my life which stopped a foot from the cup. The group in front of me picked up my ball as we drove up the fairway and said "Nice shot, Jeff." I would have liked to cap that off by making the putt. Or at least see where it actually stopped.

Fit For Golf tester 2024