Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

1 hour ago, IndyBonzo said:

Good morning Spies!

Hoping to pick up my reshafted irons today for the second time, and try them out in tonight’s lesson.  The first time the builder’s younger colleagues got over-eager and regripped them before they were cut down, so back to the shop they went.  Fingers crossed these are the ones for me.  

FABWIFE and I had an alarming encounter with one of the most vile people on the planet the night before last.  Sparing you the details, discretion and valor and whatnot, but it is truly amazing what some people believe, the hate in their hearts, and what they will say and do when grappling with their own demons, insecurities, and intoxicants.   Suffice it to say, it was bad in many facets, for a prolonged period with a grand disastrous conclusion, on an epic scale - and FABWIFE was still shaken, sad, and upset last night.   It was tough to experience in real time, and it’s tougher to see her deal with the emotional impact.   May you never have one of these experiences.

So, I unloaded that on you, eh?   Not to bring you down, just to marvel at a fellow (alleged) human. 

It sounds like a beautiful day for most of you.  Enjoy your golf trip, @OdinSnipes414!  Hope you all get some golf in, and have a stupendous day!

I'm sorry to hear about the terrible encounter you and your wife had last night, it's amazing at the amount of hate in this world. I hope she can recover emotionally from this encounter sooner rather than later. 

@Rickp I hope everything goes well with your wife today, she's in our thoughts and prayers always. 

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

... league play ... had nowhere else to go, at times looked like they were deciding players shots by committee 🤔 

^ That. I've witnessed that also and it's one of the things that's held me back from getting involved in league play..... Maybe my opinion will change, and yeah I understand it's team collaboration and strategic planning, but from the outside looking in it sure looks weird on the golf course imho!

Anyway .. happy getting closer to TGIF 😄 all!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I have always built my own clubs. When I decided to switch from my beloved classic Macgregor blades to graphite and CBs I had considered those. Still considering those. Right now I am so much in love with the irons in my signature I have not seriously considered anything else. I had did a trade deal on those like 3 years ago and they were pristine. Played them some when I was recovering from my accident. Put them back for a while and played my classic steel shafted blades. Pulled them out 2 months ago and been playing them mostly since. As far as this area most folks play golf and that is it. They care nothing about knowing more on the game. Most buy big name brand equipment mostly Ping and Cally

I had a basement business in Edmonton building clubs for folks. I would take my customers to a driving range, check out their swing, and decide the shaft I thought would help them, it was quite eye opening to work with all these different types of golfers,  I purchased the components from Hireko, and basically put them together in my basement, I stopped in about 1998 but had fun for about 5 years...

committed to performance excellence

2 hours ago, IndyBonzo said:

Good morning Spies!

Hoping to pick up my reshafted irons today for the second time, and try them out in tonight’s lesson.  The first time the builder’s younger colleagues got over-eager and regripped them before they were cut down, so back to the shop they went.  Fingers crossed these are the ones for me.  

FABWIFE and I had an alarming encounter with one of the most vile people on the planet the night before last.  Sparing you the details, discretion and valor and whatnot, but it is truly amazing what some people believe, the hate in their hearts, and what they will say and do when grappling with their own demons, insecurities, and intoxicants.   Suffice it to say, it was bad in many facets, for a prolonged period with a grand disastrous conclusion, on an epic scale - and FABWIFE was still shaken, sad, and upset last night.   It was tough to experience in real time, and it’s tougher to see her deal with the emotional impact.   May you never have one of these experiences.

So, I unloaded that on you, eh?   Not to bring you down, just to marvel at a fellow (alleged) human. 

It sounds like a beautiful day for most of you.  Enjoy your golf trip, @OdinSnipes414!  Hope you all get some golf in, and have a stupendous day!

Sorry about the vile encounter- unfortunately there are people like that out there. Hope your better half gets to feeling better and coping with the encounter.  Hopefully the shafts are right and they're "just what the Dr ordered". I'm sure they'll work out great for you

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

Good Morning Spies! Beautiful morning in Central Florida.  Nice 5.2 mile walk to start the morning. Now indulging in first cup of coffee (after a bottle of water 😆)!  No golf this morning, just work.  Maybe this evening will hit the range. 

@IndyBonzo sorry to hear about you & your wife's encounter last night!  Prayers to you & your wife! 

Have a Great Day Spies! Hit'em straight! ⛳

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

GM Y'all !!!!!! Looks like some great things are happenin' in the land of MGSers. I'm sure the bags will be AMAZING!!!!!! We've had nothing but rain here lately and more forecasted through the weekend. At least that'll give me the opportunity to catch up on the smoked meat orders I have kinda piling up. Looks like the smoker is gonna be working overtime. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be a few morsels that I can use to "test" for "quality control". I hope that y'all that get to play, have great rounds w no surprises(unless they're good ones). The rest of us get to have yet another day in the "fantasy factory"🙃

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

Morning all! Got my coffee in hand, a cat sleeping in my lap, an apple to snack on, and some Coheed and Cambria cranking as I prep for my 11am meeting.

On the downside, I forgot my charger at the office! I am in the process of running Windows updates on my personal laptop, as I can't VPN in to the office until it's fully patched and updated. Fingers crossed it finishes updating before my work laptop runs out of juice. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Early up and at 'em, MGS. Getting ready for a 12:45 tee time at Gambler Ridge, playing with my father and 2 friends. This is the 1st full round I've played since throwing my back out a couple weeks ago. 🤞 Hoping I make it the entire 18.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Good Morning everyone!  A lovely sunny 80º day today, but no tee time.  Coffee, exercises, a few chores around the house and possible some range time later in the day.  Thinking about heading to our only golf shop to see what golf shoes they have available.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

image.jpg.be8052757b75b448904166c0cd3d4cb6.jpgGood Morning everyone! Big long drive from Milwaukee Wisconsin to West Point Mississippi! Golf trip gifted to me by my friends at Save par podcast and GolfStix pretzels! Two nights at old waverly cottage and a round of golf at Old Waverly golf course and Mossy Oaks golf course! Have my cousin and two uncles (not like that) coming with me! Let the Adventure begin! Time to roll this BagBoy around in the car for 11 hours! 

You’ll love both - I’m partial to MO but both are great. Two very different t courses separated by 1/4 of country roads. Enjoy!!!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

@Kenny B a couple of shoe brands I've experienced with great customer service & warranties are - Ecco, New Balance & Sqairz.  Sqairz customer service really impressed me & all three really stand behind their shoes.  Footjoy Contours are great in dryer conditions & last too. 

The worst customer service is Sketchers, I'll never buy another pair of their golf shoes. Nike brands, I found were not durable, especially if you walk a lot golfing.  

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Good morning all! (for real this time)

Jackson did great playing up in the next league last night.  He walked and stole two bases in the 3rd and then hit a line drive single to centerfield in the 4th, stole second, walked to third, and scored on a single to right.  He fielded a few balls in the outfield too, and had a great time playing with some of the bigger kids.

Big night for him tonight as we have our first playoff game and he will be our team's starting pitcher! #playoffs 

Wow!!! Way to go Jackson. 

Good luck in the big game tonight. 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 minute ago, tdroma98 said:

@Kenny B a couple of shoe brands I've experienced with great customer service & warranties are - Ecco, New Balance & Sqairz.  Sqairz customer service really impressed me & all three really stand behind their shoes.  Footjoy Contours are great in dryer conditions & last too. 

The worst customer service is Sketchers, I'll never buy another pair of their golf shoes. Nike brands, I found were not durable, especially if you walk a lot golfing.  

I have a lot of golf shoes; most are getting a little older.  I have Skechers spikeless; they are comfortable but have lost most of their grip.  I have a pair of original Adidas Tour 360 spikes that are very comfortable but heavy.  I only wear them when riding as my legs get tired quickly wearing them.  I've had Eccos that were comfortable and wore them out, but the next pair I bought made my feet ache after only a few holes.  

I haven't tried Sqairz, but was not impressed with their customer service and guarantee program.  I have always liked New Balance shoes, but have never tried their golf shoes.  I think our golf shop carries those, so will see how they fit.  Over the years I have tried every model of FJ and found none that I could wear.    I'm partial to True Linkswear and may well end up with a new pair because they always fit well.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Isn't it funny Kenny, we golfers we do a good job in trying out shoe brands & wearing out shoes 🤣!  BTW, I've never heard of True Linkswear, I'll have to check them out, thanks! Good luck with your purchase! 

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Good morning all! (for real this time)

Jackson did great playing up in the next league last night.  He walked and stole two bases in the 3rd and then hit a line drive single to centerfield in the 4th, stole second, walked to third, and scored on a single to right.  He fielded a few balls in the outfield too, and had a great time playing with some of the bigger kids.

Big night for him tonight as we have our first playoff game and he will be our team's starting pitcher! #playoffs 

Heck of a debut playing up, lets go!!! Good luck tonight in playoffs! Our high school team just won a regional championship last night on a walk off in extra innings. Sectionals on Tuesday in what is essentially a doubleheader format for a trip to state. One of my best friends is on the coaching staff so it has been an exciting season. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 minute ago, tdroma98 said:

Isn't it funny Kenny, we golfers we do a good job in trying out shoe brands & wearing out shoes 🤣!  BTW, I've never heard of True Linkswear, I'll have to check them out, thanks! Good luck with your purchase! 

Their original shoes were zero drop and have wide toe box.  They are worn by PGA pro Ryan Moore, and he may still be a part owner of the company.  The early shoes were great, but they went through a period where the quality went downhill IMO.  I've heard that they got that under control, so I will probably give them a try again.  Hard to give up something that's comfortable.

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Their original shoes were zero drop and have wide toe box.  They are worn by PGA pro Ryan Moore, and he may still be a part owner of the company.  The early shoes were great, but they went through a period where the quality went downhill IMO.  I've heard that they got that under control, so I will probably give them a try again.  Hard to give up something that's comfortable.

I just checked out their website, the shoes look good. The True Lux Hybrid & OG shoes are stylish. I also like the spikeless feature, interesting spikeless designs. The wide toe box is my preference as well.  Have to keep these shoes in mind.  Thanks @Kenny B!