The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

2 hours ago, J7Hawkins said:

Rough morning today… unbelievably, my wife and I lost our first dog we got together overnight. It’s very tragic and our household is mourning our dog of 5 years. 

Ohhhh so sooooo sorry to hear... As a fellow dog lover and dog dad to an 11 y.o. large breed and having also lost fur buddies in the past I feel your loss .....

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 hours ago, Preeway said:

Hawaii golf is on my bucket list and hope to tick it off once the wife and I get out there in a couple years for our 20th anniversary. Last couple of days of work for me today and tomorrow as I clean out my classroom and endure a couple of meetings that could have been emails. Then its off to Wild Horse GC on Thursday. Gonna be a great summer of golf ahead.

Being a school teacher these days in time I will say the summer break is well earned

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

16 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Surfs Up!! 😂 Beautiful spot - spent some time there way way back, enjoyed it!

Yep you are just up the road from me some 50 miles

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

2 hours ago, J7Hawkins said:

Rough morning today… unbelievably, my wife and I lost our first dog we got together overnight. It’s very tragic and our household is mourning our dog of 5 years. 

on a golf note, my wife and I took the rest of the day off and are headed to play some golf and sit by the club pool to relax. I really need to grind on my 9, PW, GW clubs as those distances have been a bit unpredictable lately. Hopefully that cleans up before the member guest next weekend. 

dang... I understand your grief. similar thing happened to my wife and I as well. 

it gets better...hopefully a little time on the course and by the pool helps. thinking of you. 

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

9 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Being a school teacher these days in time I will say the summer break is well earned

It does feel more earned these days than it did 5-10 years ago. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

17 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Surfs Up!! 😂 Beautiful spot - spent some time there way way back, enjoyed it!

So you used Mr. Peabody and Sherman's Way Back Machine?  🤣

th-900022782.jpeg.4ff77e9707c82dde4fabf917205e55d3.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20230530_184034.jpg.cf41e1a3c63dbe61693f09b5e29e6d73.jpg

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

OMG!!

I'm jealous that you have Mr. Peabody!!!

Was a gift a few years ago from the kids of old, close friends 👍

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

12 hours ago, Preeway said:

It does feel more earned these days than it did 5-10 years ago. 

I agree 110% that is why I said what I said. Kids now days are not taught AT HOME to have respect for adults and that includes teachers. I have a friend of mine who taught here in the public schools for 15 years. He got tired of the back talk and not being able to do much about it. He quit got his CDL license and is driving a dump truck in fact making better money and less BS. Right now in SC we have a drastic shortage of teachers. All the BS and low pay is to blame

Edited by BIG STU

G

14 hours ago, J7Hawkins said:

on a golf note, my wife and I took the rest of the day off and are headed to play some golf and sit by the club pool to relax. I really need to grind on my 9, PW, GW clubs as those distances have been a bit unpredictable lately. Hopefully that cleans up before the member guest next weekend. 

I can feel for you we have lost several over the years. For us since we do not have kids or grandkids our dogs are like children to us. 

We lost one last year which was expected. We rescued a 12 year old chiwawa who was a one owner dog whose owner had died. He had a myrid of health problems which the agency paid the vet bills for. Of course he seemed lost all the time. His human was a lady but for some reason he took up with me. Last July his cancer came back and got into his brain. The vet was going to come by and put him down here at the house one afternoon. He actually died in my arms about an hour before she was to come over. We had him a short time and we knew what would come but we wanted him to live out his days being well cared for. Still it was hard

We have a French Bulldog we adopted right after the chiwawa and it is a story with in itself. They became best friends

G

Good morning Spies on the "hump day" of a short work week. Temperatures and weather here for the next 10 days or so are supposed to be in the 80's - 90 degree F with sunny skies. No rain in the forecast at all, although we could use it to keep things green.

Hope that your day is everything you want or need it to be, and make it the best it possibly can be.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

GM & Happy Wednesday!  Have a 7:44 Tee Time for 18 this morning.  Pretty sore especially the back from all the yard work last few days but somehow I’ll make it through.  Told SWMBO no yard work for a couple days.

everyone have a great day!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

34 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Good morning Spies on the "hump day" of a short work week. Temperatures and weather here for the next 10 days or so are supposed to be in the 80's - 90 degree F with sunny skies. No rain in the forecast at all, although we could use it to keep things green.

Hope that your day is everything you qwant or need it to be, and make it the best it possibly can be.

That's the same forecast for us in western PA. No rain until maybe next Friday, upper 80s. Leaving for the outer banks Saturday planning on golfing twice at nags head. 

Frank musolino 

23 hours ago, skraeling said:

About 24hrs from now be on the way to hawaii and golfing my little heart out.

Well among other activities haha.

Maui perhaps? I was fortunate to play the Plantation course at Kapalua. It was amazing. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

1 hour ago, Preeway said:

Good morning, spies. Didn’t see a thread in the other areas so I decided to pose this question here. With school wrapping up today for the summer I now have 10 weeks to relax and re-energize. While looking at courses to play locally, I also began looking at what my budget could afford when it comes to traveling to play somewhere. Has anyone ever tried to organize an impromptu MGS day of golf with fellow spies in their region? I’m crazy enough to drive 8-12 hours for the right course, lol. Just curious if anyone else has tried to organize something like this before or if there is a thread I missed that covers this idea. Time to finish my coffee, finish my last day of school and then 9 holes in league later this afternoon. Happy hump day everyone!!

Hi Preeway - it's called Spy Meet Up

B