Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What State Has The Best Golf?

As someone who has never golfed in the states I want your opinions and arguments as to what state you feel has the best golf and why!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

What are the metrics for judging?

Course quality? Ability to play year-round? PGA Courses, etc.

So many states have some amazing courses with the ability to play just about everyday but there are some other states that have some absolutely beautiful courses.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

What are the metrics for judging?

Course quality? Ability to play year-round? PGA Courses, etc.

So many states have some amazing courses with the ability to play just about everyday but there are some other states that have some absolutely beautiful courses.

From my own view I would be someone visiting, but more just wanting to hear why ppl think their state or another is best for their own reasons.

I know @GolfSpy_KFT will have a lot to say on his...

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I hate to say it but Ohio has some great golf.

A lot of the courses around NEO are just in fantastic shape, although we still find some bad ones, and the cost hasn't gotten out of control like a lot of other areas. $40-60 for a weekend round are everywhere with plenty of variety.

Too bad the weather sucks and it's Ohio.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

51 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

From my own view I would be someone visiting, but more just wanting to hear why ppl think their state or another is best for their own reasons.

I know @GolfSpy_KFT will have a lot to say on his...

So looking thru some articles and research for public courses, Wisconsin and California rank way up there. Of course I haven't played either locations but for the purpose of vacation, I would prob choose Wisconsin.  

If it was living somewhere and the ability to play year-round, I'm not moving to the cold. Ha. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

31 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

So looking thru some articles and research for public courses, Wisconsin and California rank way up there. Of course I haven't played either locations but for the purpose of vacation, I would prob choose Wisconsin.  

If it was living somewhere and the ability to play year-round, I'm not moving to the cold. Ha. 

It does get cold yes it does but I would rather play in the cold than the blistering heat! But then again I would love to play everywhere hahaha! But I have to say Wisconsin has some beautiful courses! You get to play a course in a minimum three different seasons which changes the way the course can be played and the beauty of the landscape! There are so many different courses to play to from PGA courses public links style each one different unique 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

Don't sleep on Ohio golf we have lots of courses designed by the best architects of all time (Ross, Fazio, RTJ, Nicklaus) and some of the top rated munis in the country. Also, our most expensive courses top out at around $75, which is incredibly cheap compared to a lot of the country.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

@MattF @DiscipleofPenick@Josh Parker @GolfSpy_APH

looks to me and I agree the Midwest is where it’s at! 

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip

Having played golf in Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, and Missouri. I can say that Florida is mostly flat which is great and you can play year round. North Carolina and Virginia both have more hills and undulation in their courses making you have to think and remember how to hit certain shots of those lies. Missouri has beautiful courses around the Lake Of The Ozarks. Big Cedar Lodge where you can book a stay has Payne's Valley along with 2 or 3 other courses and a par 3 course. But I think it is more of what someone views as the best. I hate playing in the cold but don't mind playing when it's like 95 outside. That is me though.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Another sleeper in the middle of Midwest and Southeast is Tennessee. A lot of fantastic courses here in my state.

I live in a golfing community with 5 high quality courses here, including one that hosts the TN Amateur and an Epson Tour event. Plus 2 of our courses are top 5 best courses in TN you can play.

Tennessee has lots of nature built around our courses. So it's not just a parkland style back and forth with holes next to each other. You traverse the landscape and really get to enjoy nature while you play.

Another great thing is the cost. I don't think our costs are really bad, compared to many other "golfing states." I've lived in AZ and the costs there even for a "normal" course would be well over $100. Not here. I'm spoiled as a member/owner in my community, but I'd be pretty safe to say a lot of our public courses are $75 range and under. Sure, there are those that are fancier that will peak over $100. But that's not the norm.

We get about an 8 month season here, with the occasional winter round. All in all, a great place to visit and play golf. The colors in the fall are gorgeous!

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

Agreed @GolfSpy_KFT , and I’d include Michigan as a top golf state too. Unfortunately, the season is quite short for both. 

My other vote is Oregon - besides Bandon, there is a ton of great golf up and down the valley and around Portland.  Plus, you also have Bandon 😉

Hate to say it, golf in Georgia stinks - at least if you only play public.  

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I am absolutely a homer, but if Wisconsin isn't one of the top states in the country for golf, I think you're intentionally mislabeling it. Yes, we get some blistering heat, but more often than not you're playing golf in mid 70 - low 90s (on HOT days), with sun and a light breeze. You can tee off at 6:00am in the mid 60s, and fall golf with the colors changing just hits differently. The list of whos-who courses are long, and there are so many good public options if you don't want to/can't afford to spend $2-4k on a golf trip (I may or may not have something up my sleeve coming soon on this 😏).  The only drawback to Wisconsin is that you cannot play year round, but man, the quality of golf and reasonable green fees make up for it in the summer. 

I should also add, and this is for quite a few states, that apps like Golf Moose can make trips so much more affordable. My buddies and I are playing three 18 hole rounds the second weekend of June for a grand total of $115/player. These are not dog track courses, either. One has two 18 hole tracks that both are rated 4.5 stars by Golf Digest and the other is a local public type track with a links style front 9 and parkland/wooded back 9 with some really cool elevation changes. 

Long story short, you NEED to play Wisconsin golf.

Keep me up to date on the soon to come trip! Not to mention the countless heated range/ bars so you can stay tuned in the winter and crack a few with the boys!

1 minute ago, CFreddie said:

Agreed @GolfSpy_KFT , and I’d include Michigan as a top golf state too. Unfortunately, the season is quite short for both. 

My other vote is Oregon - besides Bandon, there is a ton of great golf up and down the valley and around Portland.  Plus, you also have Bandon 😉

Michigan has some incredible tracks as well, no doubt. I golfed from April - November in 2023, which was a record for me. Hoping to get that same type of time frame again this year!

Bandon is the GOAT, so that automatically puts Oregon into contention. I would imagine with the topography of the state, paired with the Pacific Coast, it renders quite friendly to some great golfing! 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

I can shed a little light on Long Beaches public course system that I personally find amazing and has made it easy and approachable to start golfing. Currently I pay $52 a month for a membership that offers tee times to 5 courses at discounted rates ($8 at twilight!). Also, discounted lessons and a free bucket of range balls every single day. With that, 25% in the pro shops, free gatorades on your tee time. I'm sure there is more than that offered. That being said, this is not just in Long Beach. I have spoken to other folks in different parts of LA, and a lot of courses are city supported (recycled water so the courses are usually lush). 

All that being said, I have not been to any of the large golf courses yet (the ones with their own Zip) but hopefully soon!

Edited by Michael.Sandoval33
Typo

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

1 minute ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

Keep me up to date on the soon to come trip! Not to mention the countless heated range/ bars so you can stay tuned in the winter and crack a few with the boys!

No Wisconsin outings planned as of yet. I would imagine it is only a matter of time, though, before something comes to fruition.

#LeftyGang

2 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I can shed a little light on Long Beaches public course system that I personally find amazing and has made it easy and approachable to start golfing. Currently I pay $52 a month for a membership that offers tee times to 5 courses at discounted rates ($8 at twilight!). Also, discounted lessons and a free bucket of range balls every single day. With that, 25% in the pro shops, free gatorades on your tee time. I'm sure there is more than that offered. That being said, this is not just in Long Beach. I have spoken to other folks in different parts of LA, and a lot of courses are city supported (recycled water so the courses are usually lush). 

All that being said, I have not been to any of the large golf courses yet (the ones with their own Zip) but hopefully soon!

That sounds AWESOME! 

#LeftyGang

My buddies and I live on the Ohio/WV border so we golf those two states and Western Pennsylvania a lot. Western Pennsylvania has some hidden gems. I'd challenge anyone to go golf Linden Hall and say its not one of the most fun and in great shape as a lot of other courses they may have golfed. It's only downfall is being a little off the beaten path.

We also as a group decided to start a yearly golf trip last year. We visited and golfed many courses around Greensboro, NC. Bryan Park and Greensboro National were fantastic, but no course that we played was in terrible condition or boring to play. We would go back in a heartbeat.

This year we are going to Nashville, TN. Not normally known as a golf destination, we have found several courses that have peaked our interest. Our plans are to golf both Hermitage courses, Greystone and Towhee, and probably a couple others that we drive by and say "hey, that course looks fun."

My bet is that every state has some gems, it's just finding those that interest you. Michigan is on our bucket list, I'm sure we will do South Carolina and Florida as well. I don't think at this point there are any locations that we wouldn't give a try. Sometimes just finding the gems is half the fun.

14 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Michigan has some incredible tracks as well, no doubt. I golfed from April - November in 2023, which was a record for me. Hoping to get that same type of time frame again this year!

Bandon is the GOAT, so that automatically puts Oregon into contention. I would imagine with the topography of the state, paired with the Pacific Coast, it renders quite friendly to some great golfing! 

I'll add to the Michigan argument. While its not year round golf, we have some great courses and destinations. If no one has seen the No Laying Up Tourist Sauce series they did in Michigan a couple years ago it is a great watch on YouTube. There are a ton of really high quality public courses at decent prices as well as resort destinations like Forest Dunes, Harbor Shores, and Boyne. If you're lucky enough to play some of the private courses around there are places like Kingsley Club and Crystal Downs. I haven't even scratched the surface by leaving out all the great golf in the Detroit area. And I can't leave out the Upper Peninsula with courses like Greywalls!

Link to What's in My Bag Post

:ping-small: - G430 Max

:cobra-small: - LTDx 3 Wood

:callaway-small: - Mavrik 4 & 5 hybrids

:mizuno-small: - Pro 225 Irons

:titleist-small::vokey-small: - SM9 50, 54, 58 degree

:cameron-small: - Teryllium Longneck Newport 2 / :odyssey-small: - Jailbird 380 / Hudson Made Carman Custom

Nick_D's Putter Projects

:mizuno-small: - RB Tour X Ball

Link to BirdieBall 2-in-1 Putting/Hitting Mat 2023 Forum Review

West coast for sure (for me, anyhow).  So many courses and course styles. I am partial to Northern CA.  A 90 minute circle from my house Harden Park (90 min) and Pebble Beach(30 min) and a bunch of great but less known tracks in between the two.  But don’t get me wrong, tell me there’s golf to be had somewhere and I’m there to play.  

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

I love the variety of courses in Rochester / Western, NY. Many courses built by Donald Ross & Robert Trent Jones. 

That said, I can’t help but admire the incredible courses that pop up on my Instagram feed. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

As someone who has never golfed in the states I want your opinions and arguments as to what state you feel has the best golf and why!

Texas is the best because everything is bigger and better in Texas! Ha ha

Play like a champion today!

South Carolina gets my vote.

Myrtle Beach, S.C., the supermarket of golf. Today the Grand Strand boasts more than 100 public-access courses, with nearly every top-name modern architect having left his imprint. Charleston is also, a golf-mad city. The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort. Near the state’s southern border is Hilton Head Island, where Harbour Town and its candy cane-striped lighthouse have entertained the Tour since 1969. A dozen other solid public tracks and a bevy of private beauties make Hilton Head one of the elite golf destinations. Greenville, S.C., also has a bunch of very nice courses. 

I live in North Carolina which is pretty stout with courses. Pinehurst is known as the Home of American golf. Golfers have been spending vacations there since the 1890s, and it became the laboratory of architect Donald Ross, who built more than 40 courses in the Sandhills and elsewhere in the state. Charlotte, Greensboro, Asheville, Raleigh-Durham and the Grand Strand border towns north of Myrtle Beach offer a remarkable menu of golf options. Quail Hollow Club, the Charlotte host of the Wells Fargo Championship, is a favorite.

I have been fortunate to play in 23 states already and the Carolina's get my vote due to variety of courses, being able to play year-round and for the most part affordable golf. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

34 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

South Carolina gets my vote.

Myrtle Beach, S.C., the supermarket of golf. Today the Grand Strand boasts more than 100 public-access courses, with nearly every top-name modern architect having left his imprint. Charleston is also, a golf-mad city. The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island Resort. Near the state’s southern border is Hilton Head Island, where Harbour Town and its candy cane-striped lighthouse have entertained the Tour since 1969. A dozen other solid public tracks and a bevy of private beauties make Hilton Head one of the elite golf destinations. Greenville, S.C., also has a bunch of very nice courses. 

I live in North Carolina which is pretty stout with courses. Pinehurst is known as the Home of American golf. Golfers have been spending vacations there since the 1890s, and it became the laboratory of architect Donald Ross, who built more than 40 courses in the Sandhills and elsewhere in the state. Charlotte, Greensboro, Asheville, Raleigh-Durham and the Grand Strand border towns north of Myrtle Beach offer a remarkable menu of golf options. Quail Hollow Club, the Charlotte host of the Wells Fargo Championship, is a favorite.

I have been fortunate to play in 23 states already and the Carolina's get my vote due to variety of courses, being able to play year-round and for the most part affordable golf. 

Good call Tom - don’t forget the Aiken, SC corridor as well!

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Maybe not the absolute best but very underrated is Colorado. You have a crazy variety of courses ranging from amazing mountain courses like Red Sky or Arrowhead, to links style courses like Murphy Creek and Common Ground, even some really high end country clubs like Cherry Hills (held last years US Amateur championship) or the Broadmoore which regularly makes the top 100 in the US. There are many other great courses I’m leaving out but the variety, quality, and range of courses is impressive. Oh and the longest course in North America (8400 yards) is now in Colorado. It’s called RainDance National and is a fun challenge even at altitude and a great bucket list course.

Only downside is you don’t get to play much for about 4-5 months a year due to snow. 

Edited by aguybadatgolf

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on) 

1 hour ago, Nick_D said:

I'll add to the Michigan argument. While its not year round golf, we have some great courses and destinations. If no one has seen the No Laying Up Tourist Sauce series they did in Michigan a couple years ago it is a great watch on YouTube. There are a ton of really high quality public courses at decent prices as well as resort destinations like Forest Dunes, Harbor Shores, and Boyne. If you're lucky enough to play some of the private courses around there are places like Kingsley Club and Crystal Downs. I haven't even scratched the surface by leaving out all the great golf in the Detroit area. And I can't leave out the Upper Peninsula with courses like Greywalls!

The UP is a spot my buddies and I will be headed to in either 2025 or 2026! 

#LeftyGang

7 minutes ago, aguybadatgolf said:

Maybe not the absolute best but very underrated is Colorado. You have a crazy variety of courses ranging from amazing mountain courses like Red Sky or Arrowhead, to links style courses like Murphy Creek and Common Ground, even some really high end country clubs like Cherry Creek (held last years US Amateur championship) or the Broadmoore which regularly makes the top 100 in the US. There are many other great courses I’m leaving out but the variety, quality, and range of courses is impressive. Only downside is you don’t get to play much for about 4-5 months a year due to snow. 

Cherry Hills?

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I may or may not have something up my sleeve coming soon on this 😏.  

You know who to call Jason 😉

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Of course the Northeast has some amazing courses and views. I could rattle off 20 courses you should absolutely play if in this region. BUT if I had to choose a region I have to give it to the Carolinas.

Not only for ability to play almost year round, the views are just as good as the Northeast...Tough to argue against them as much as it pains me to say

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I've only golfed in Ohio, Michigan, and North Carolina (soon to add a couple more). My golf in Michigan has been incredible. Even the cheaper public courses and muni courses I've been to have been fun, in good shape, and have unique features/quirks that make them stand out. I haven't even been to the more elite Michigan courses yet.

I have to admit that the states I'm most excited to golf in are Colorado or Utah! I've ooo'd and awe'd over the mountain golf for a long time. Not to mention the ball travels farther due to the elevation for the confidence boost aspect!😊

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here