Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

finally broke 80 this year. Struggled for a bit but shot a 76 with 1 birdie lol. hit 13 greens including the last 7 in a row. readjusting my distances is helping. Since moving over to the Snell My Tour Ball, I have to use 3 wood on 4 for the par 4's just so that I don't reach hazards or overshoot a dog legged hole. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I stay away from money games, it's only been the past 4-5 years that I've even been able to play without being terribly nervous when playing with people I don't know!

I don't feel the nerves as much now, but for some reason my best scores are still in rounds I'm playing with my friends who are better golfers.  When I play solo, I can lose focus (or try stuff I'd never do in competition) and when playing with really good players I don't know, I get self-conscience.

One of the better players I've started playing with this summer saw me play some pretty terrible golf the first couple of times we paired together, a couple of weeks later he commented on how much I'd improved - lol

I don't understand skins and presses, and I really don't think I should find out ;)

I don't usually play in money games, but thought I would go back 20 years and see how well I play compared to back then. Faired pretty well. It is a totally different game than a fun round with friends or family where there is no pressure. I felt it several times when I was putting, and missed a few short putts that I just didn't get to the hole. I should probably do this more often.

Skins are team and individual. From 4 players counting two scores, two birdies on a par 4 is a 6 total; par-birdie is 7. If another team gets a 6, then no skin. In our game yesterday there were only 3 skins, so skins were worth more $ than if there were more. Individuals get KP skins, so my KP on #11 was worth a few bucks, but even though I made birdie, someone else did too, so no team skin.

It helps to figure it all out if there is an accountant present!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It helps to figure it all out if there is an accountant present!

It probably helps the most, if the accountant is partnered with you - lol

I used to work a lot in Nevada and don't ever play games I don't understand with money I can't afford to lose.  I figured somebody was paying for all that water and electricity in the middle of the desert, and I didn't want it to be me!  Worked with a few guys that never did figure that out.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Finally.......I shot a 43/41=84 today and tied for 2nd place which brought me $72 plus a CTP for $19.....every time I reached for my 7 or 8 iron, they were absolutely perfect shots. And when I missed the greens, I had an easy chip to get close to the hole. Only had 1 Birdie on a 145 yd Par 3.

My Bio Cells with PX shafts are really performing.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

With my MRI scheduled to get a look at my elbow I figured why not play golf today. Played with a pressure cuff on my forearm and it seemed to do the trick. No pain or soreness during or after the round. Went easy on the front nine and knocked it around for even par with one bird, one bogie and seven pars. Opened the back nine with birds on 10 and 11 that I gave back with a double on 13. Closed the round eagle birdie to shoot -3 on the back for a 69. Used the Kenny Giannini putter that I picked up yesterday and it is really soft feeling. Going to give it some good time in the bag and see what it can do.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Ughhh, 92. Yeah, the worst round I've had in probably 2 years.  If only the greens would have moved 15 yards to the right after I hit it and the course was shortened by 500 yards I would have done great. That being said I took my 5 year old daughter with me and she was excited, running, yelling, trying to pick up my ball, etc ... so it was pretty tough to concentrate. Despite the embarrassingly high score I still had a good time with my girl. 

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Bounce back day after the 84 on Saturday......my driver just was not working today....had to scramble to make bogey after not getting off the tee box. Ended with a 91.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

78 today. Although that would be fine for me, I'm actually disappointed. I had 10 ft putts, 15 ft putts, even 5 ft putts and could not bury 1 birdie. 13 pars, 4 bogs and 1 double. I hit 10 greens and 11/14 fairways. Had I made half of my putts on the greens I hit..... :(  (also used a Srixon Z Star XV as I want to save my Snells for the Club Champiosnhip!)

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I'm typing very quietly so the golf Gods don't hear me bragging about how good I played today.  I shot a 78 won the Pro shop competition, won the high stakes dollar,dollar,dollar, game and a five dollar side bet with a mate so I cleaned up.  My driver was back and my irons were sublime.  I even putted half decently.  So that's one in a row, and I'm back! :)

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Let's just say that I'm happy I'm not playing again for two weeks...I'm just going to sit quietly in the corner and mumble expletives.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Played in a 2 man tourney at my club Saturday and played decent but no great. Had a hot putter more than anything. We ended up shooting 65 in a fourball/shamble. Started slow but finished very nicely. Anyway we ended up tying for the lead with one other team and lost out in a scorecard playoff. We usually do either back 9 as a tie break or back 3, back 6, back9, depending on the pro that's running the tournament. This time they changed it up and used the highest handicap hole on the course as the tie breaker. Of course this was the only hole we bogeyed and we lost. Too bad it wasn't either of the normal tie breakers because we were -2 in the last 3 and -6 on the back 9. O well... There is always next time

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Played in a 2 man tourney at my club Saturday and played decent but no great. Had a hot putter more than anything. We ended up shooting 65 in a fourball/shamble. Started slow but finished very nicely. Anyway we ended up tying for the lead with one other team and lost out in a scorecard playoff. We usually do either back 9 as a tie break or back 3, back 6, back9, depending on the pro that's running the tournament. This time they changed it up and used the highest handicap hole on the course as the tie breaker. Of course this was the only hole we bogeyed and we lost. Too bad it wasn't either of the normal tie breakers because we were -2 in the last 3 and -6 on the back 9. O well... There is always next time

I hope the tie breaker rule was stated before the tourney.  We have a pro that makes up those rules on the spot after looking at the score cards so he can pick who wins.  We've lost numerous times that way.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I hope the tie breaker rule was stated before the tourney.  We have a pro that makes up those rules on the spot after looking at the score cards so he can pick who wins.  We've lost numerous times that way.

It was not stated before the tournament and that's why I wasn't happy. Its not the end of the world but I would like a little consistency with my tie breakers. I don't like having to second guess the rules official of the event.

Played 9 with some old friends this morning and played decently with a 43, but I'm REALLY glad I'm getting a wedge fitting this coming Friday.  I just cannot get consistent with the setup I've currently bagging... :(

Played the back 9 solo and switched between the Alpha and Mizuno irons to compare, now that I've reshafted the MP30s.  I need the hit the range tomorrow, as of right now I really can't make up my mind.

The Alpha's may be a bit more forgiving, but when I strike the Mizunos well, it just feels SO good!

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Played 9 with some old friends this morning and played decently with a 43, but I'm REALLY glad I'm getting a wedge fitting this coming Friday.  I just cannot get consistent with the setup I've currently bagging... :(

Played the back 9 solo and switched between the Alpha and Mizuno irons to compare, now that I've reshafted the MP30s.  I need the hit the range tomorrow, as of right now I really can't make up my mind.

The Alpha's may be a bit more forgiving, but when I strike the Mizunos well, it just feels SO good!

I wish I could be there to join you in Minneapolis.  I am headed out tomorrow morning to visit my parents.  Mom is having a couple of benign tumors removed; in and out same day.  I think I will have time to play a round or two while I am there.  Maybe go see Mmmmmmmbuddy at his golf store in Eugene, OR.  

Best of luck, and I hope you find your answer to the wedges.

Played today at Babe Zaharias GC. Got rained on a couple times but we finished. I shot an 41/42/=83......Gamed my Powerbilt AFO white driver today along with the AFO 3 & 4 Hybrids. Played well but couldn't putt today, no Birdies.

Shot 79 today in a little one day competition.  It was good for 2nd place gross so I should be happy, but I'm not, hit lots of good shots but had a very down middle of the round and it took almost 5 hours.  Yeck!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

83 is pretty good though Foz, certainly one of your better rounds from memory.  Well done!  Musta been hitting that driver pretty good.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Played in Tuesday night league tonight at the club. I'm an 11 at my course, played against a 7. He only gave me 1 stroke because he played the blues and I played the whites at the request of my partner.

We played the back this week which is always a struggle for me. We started on 10, I duck hooked my drive to the right behind some trees and hit a 180 punch with my 5 iron that miraculously ended up on the green. I made par to halve to hole. #11 is a downhill par 3 about 50 feet. Long is death. I had 175 to the flag. I pull 8 iron. Catch it perfect and go long, make a double. 12, 13, and 14 are the hardest holes on the course for me. Extremely tight with OB left and hazards right. I par 12 (net birdie) and 13 and get back to all square. 14 is a par 5 that gradually turns left the whole length of the whole which doesn't work with my draw. I need to stop hitting driver off this tee from the whites. I end up making 7 and go back to 1 down. 15 I hit a good 5 iron off the tee to 115 out. I hit my 54° SCOR and it's goes long into the back bunker which is death with the green sloping away. I try to get cute and end up in the fringe. Hit a chip that hits the hole and flag but doesn't drop. My opponent makes par and I'm 2 down. 16 from the whites doesn't set up well for me. I start the ball left for my draw and there are trees that are really tight with the tee box on the left. I hit my first drive through the top of them then hit a provisional. For my provisional I try to hit a cut (stupid idea) and pull it straight right into the trees on the right. Can't find the first and I take a triple. Game over.

What frustrates me is that playing from the white tees is harder for me. When I hit good tee shots I end up with 60-90 yards in which is tough for me. On top of that, the whites cut off some the lines that I'd like to take with my tee shots. I didn't know until tonight but if I would've played the blues I would've been given 2 strokes and felt more comfortable off the tee.

Live and learn right? Does anyone else feel like sometimes playing longer tees is easier?

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Played in Tuesday night league tonight at the club. I'm an 11 at my course, played against a 7. He only gave me 1 stroke because he played the blues and I played the whites at the request of my partner.

We played the back this week which is always a struggle for me. We started on 10, I duck hooked my drive to the right behind some trees and hit a 180 punch with my 5 iron that miraculously ended up on the green. I made par to halve to hole. #11 is a downhill par 3 about 50 feet. Long is death. I had 175 to the flag. I pull 8 iron. Catch it perfect and go long, make a double. 12, 13, and 14 are the hardest holes on the course for me. Extremely tight with OB left and hazards right. I par 12 (net birdie) and 13 and get back to all square. 14 is a par 5 that gradually turns left the whole length of the whole which doesn't work with my draw. I need to stop hitting driver off this tee from the whites. I end up making 7 and go back to 1 down. 15 I hit a good 5 iron off the tee to 115 out. I hit my 54° SCOR and it's goes long into the back bunker which is death with the green sloping away. I try to get cute and end up in the fringe. Hit a chip that hits the hole and flag but doesn't drop. My opponent makes par and I'm 2 down. 16 from the whites doesn't set up well for me. I start the ball left for my draw and there are trees that are really tight with the tee box on the left. I hit my first drive through the top of them then hit a provisional. For my provisional I try to hit a cut (stupid idea) and pull it straight right into the trees on the right. Can't find the first and I take a triple. Game over.

What frustrates me is that playing from the white tees is harder for me. When I hit good tee shots I end up with 60-90 yards in which is tough for me. On top of that, the whites cut off some the lines that I'd like to take with my tee shots. I didn't know until tonight but if I would've played the blues I would've been given 2 strokes and felt more comfortable off the tee.

Live and learn right? Does anyone else feel like sometimes playing longer tees is easier?

Use fairway woods, hybrids and long irons to lay up off the tee to the yardage you like. It keeps you from having that awkward in between shot and you have less trouble off the tee bc there is less chance going OB or hazard. If I'm playing a short course(under 6500) I usually only hit driver a couple of times unless I'm trying to drive greens which all depends on how I'm hitting my driver and the trouble involved. Unless you are great at touch and feel shots you should play a yardage game.

And yes the back can be easier for me bc it opens up the course to me where it will make others struggle bc they were already taking driver vs my 2i. It just depends what you do off the box from the different tees.

Played today at Babe Zaharias GC. Got rained on a couple times but we finished. I shot an 41/42/=83......Gamed my Powerbilt AFO white driver today along with the AFO 3 & 4 Hybrids. Played well but couldn't putt today, no Birdies.

Very consistent round Foz. Good score! An 83 is just a few putts from breaking 80. That is pretty typical of my rounds. Don't make many birdies unless I know the course really well, but usually don't make DB or worse. I say usually, b/c it can and has happened!

It was not stated before the tournament and that's why I wasn't happy. Its not the end of the world but I would like a little consistency with my tie breakers. I don't like having to second guess the rules official of the event.

This is how every tie break should happen. I dislike any other way, hey, they are ranked by hardest to easiest for a reason, that's how a tiebreak should be determined

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Use fairway woods, hybrids and long irons to lay up off the tee to the yardage you like. It keeps you from having that awkward in between shot and you have less trouble off the tee bc there is less chance going OB or hazard. If I'm playing a short course(under 6500) I usually only hit driver a couple of times unless I'm trying to drive greens which all depends on how I'm hitting my driver and the trouble involved. Unless you are great at touch and feel shots you should play a yardage game.

And yes the back can be easier for me bc it opens up the course to me where it will make others struggle bc they were already taking driver vs my 2i. It just depends what you do off the box from the different tees.

I'm with you. I guess I'd like to just play from one set of tees consistently. Depending on the tournament, league, or group that I'm playing with I can play from either the whites, blues, or tips. It's a substantially different look from each set of tees. I guess time will allow me to learn it well enough from all three.

I do need a yardage that I can count on and play to. Lately I've been going long on just about every approach shot I play so what I thought was my go to yardage is not the case anymore.

I'm with you. I guess I'd like to just play from one set of tees consistently. Depending on the tournament, league, or group that I'm playing with I can play from either the whites, blues, or tips. It's a substantially different look from each set of tees. I guess time will allow me to learn it well enough from all three.

I do need a yardage that I can count on and play to. Lately I've been going long on just about every approach shot I play so what I thought was my go to yardage is not the case anymore.

Boring! Playing from different tee gives you different looks and makes you think about yardages and different clubs. It not only requires different clubs, but also helps with the mind game. I think it also helps with how well your game travels.

If you are playing in competition, I think it would be wise to play from familiar tees. I think your opponent was happy to have you play from the whites with less strokes given. Very wise on his part. But if you are not in competition, I would play both sets of tees. Given time, and the correct strategy, you will score better from the Whites.

After shooting a god awful 92, I snuck out of work early to get 9 in. First hole I smoke my drive right down the middle about 310. Something I haven't done in a few rounds. Great feeling. I'm about 145 out, I get out my PW and hit it right at the flag. lands about 6 feet past the hole and sucks back to within 6 inches. I'm feeling like Jordan Spieth at this point. Tap in for birdie. As I'm going to the next my phone rings. Ugh, its my wife. Stuck in traffic and I have to go get the kids right now. DAMMIT!!!!!!!

So much for building on that great opener. Got a rain check, I'll be going again today.

:taylormade-small: R15 White 10.5° Accra FX-260 M4

:titelist-small:        915F 3W Aldila Rogue Black 110 stiff 

:titelist-small:        915H 4H MRC Diamana D+ Whiteboard 90 HY Stiff

:titelist-small:        716 T-MB 3 iron True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:taylormade-small: Rsi 2's 5-9 - True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT S-300

:vokey-small: SM6 46

:vokey-small: SM6 52* 

:vokey-small: SM6 56*  

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy 2 PM grind 60* 

:scotty-cameron-1:   Newport 2.5 Dual Balance

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Game Golf : kfilly20

Very consistent round Foz. Good score! An 83 is just a few putts from breaking 80. That is pretty typical of my rounds. Don't make many birdies unless I know the course really well, but usually don't make DB or worse. I say usually, b/c it can and has happened!

Thanks Kenny,  I was not hitting my driver very well, so I reached back and used one of my Powrbilt AFO's (have 3)....I was able to get off the Tee.  Sometimes just a small switch in clubs helps me to get out of the funk.  Guess I'll be gaming the PowerBilt on Saturday.  

This is how every tie break should happen. I dislike any other way, hey, they are ranked by hardest to easiest for a reason, that's how a tiebreak should be determined

That's fine but that's not how it usually is. I would've won past tournaments if they had done the tie breaker like that but they didn't. And now for them to change it when we would have won it the other way is what pisses me off. My frame of mind is that I make sure I go as low as possible on the back 9. It would have actually changed how I played the hardest hole on the course if I had known this. 

Also it isn't exactly fair to do it this way bc different tee boxes change the handicap of certain holes because it takes water or hazards out of play. Most tournaments around here allow certain age groups to play from their respective box even though the tournament has us all playing against each other. So our hole handicaps may not all be the same. 

Played with the Wednesday group again. Had 5 groups of 3. I played well but couldn't get any putts to drop. Shot 80 (7 over) with no birdies. By far my best round at the club yet. Really starting to make some good decisions off the tee and figure out what clubs I need to hit. I was the C player and played the whites. Our A player shot 77 from the tips and the B player shot 78 from the blues. We played solid.

We ended up losing $32 each. Regardless, I had a great time and I think the competition and pressure is really helping my game. Great bunch of guys to know too.

Played with the Wednesday group again. Had 5 groups of 3. I played well but couldn't get any putts to drop. Shot 80 (7 over) with no birdies. By far my best round at the club yet. Really starting to make some good decisions off the tee and figure out what clubs I need to hit. I was the C player and played the whites. Our A player shot 77 from the tips and the B player shot 78 from the blues. We played solid.

We ended up losing $32 each. Regardless, I had a great time and I think the competition and pressure is really helping my game. Great bunch of guys to know too.

Very nice