How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

My wife, Brother-in-law and I went out after the rainstorm passed through this morning.  Grass was soggy and had to take casual water relief several times, including the greens.  None of us played well, and I never got into it after the triple, followed by a double.  My BIL has only played once this year and was fighting his swing; that was distracting.  He wanted to play the senior tees, so I did also.  I think I was +8 on the front nine (might be off by a shot or two).  I managed a +3 on the back nine even though the wind picked up to 15-20 mph.  Funny how I shoot the same scores from my regular tees or the senior tees.

My highlight was the drivable par 4 #14 risk/reward hole.  I have never been able to drive this green in 5 years I've played this course, and I never even try from my regular tees.  The senior tees are just enough closer and with the tail wind, I said What the heck!!  If I hit my normal shot to lay up, I would have been in a soggy fairway.  This is the wettest fairway on the course normally.  I carried the 50 yard long bunker short of the green, landed into an upslope of rough and the ball hopped onto the green.  I had an eagle putt!!!  

You missed the eagle putt by "that much"????    Er, sorry about that Chief. 

Did you tap in for birdie?

• Like 3

Because of sun spots or food poisoning,  starting playing driver games again,  last Sat. at range out of boredom changed ball position for driver,  moved ball way forward and was hitting some stupidly high bombs with TM M2 74 gram GD Tour AD.  Suddenly decided to abandon TM M3 9.5 with Accra X455, why? (to try hit bombs) Then the next two days was monsoon weather so had no chance to dial in this experiment.  

Golf league on Tuesday I'm in limbo so I start with TM M2 10.5 w 74 gram GD Tour AD and hit 1st drive off 1 and 2 '"ok" then proceed to hit weak, putrid flares on 4.5.and 6.   There is a backup on 8 so I get out the wrench (the league is pretty loose with this kind of stuff, like rules) and swap out the 74 GD Tour AD shaft for the Accura X455, shaft 65 gram) which now feels like a feather and then on a short par 5 I hit an g-ball 40 yds. down the hill into a small meadow, with the geese and snakes.    Note to self, never swap out shafts, especially heavy to light, during a round again.  Besides, it might be against the rules.  Yeah, it is. 

Couldn't get up and down all day to save the royal bacon,  I was full of self-loathing and despair.   Shot 6 over for nine holes, stink, stank, stunk.  

The worse part, no 19th hole therapy or sympathetic beer cart girls. 😩

I love this game.  See you next week.

• Like 6

Headed out tomorrow, gonna try to keep the MOJO going! Need to play more, when I play once a week and all I can think of is the next round a week from now lol!

• Like 7

Golf is such a funny sport sometimes.  Tuesday night I shot a 40 on 9 and was playing really well. Wednesday afternoon shot 91 on 18... Different course and all but such a different golfer on day 2

• Like 7

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

7 hours ago, SlowNLow said:

You missed the eagle putt by "that much"????    Er, sorry about that Chief. 

Did you tap in for birdie?

LOL.   I slow-walked to the cup hoping it would drop but my wife said "Pick it up."

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I asked the same question and they are allegedly "looking into it".
The short story: they contracted with a glitchy third-party app to automate their tee sheet.
After being encouraged to call-in for tee times instead, I have discovered some shop staff apparently suffer from similar glitches.
Re: waitlist - if anything opens up for a single, I supposedly have first dibs (on 12 minute slots, we are 100% booked every day right now).
Forgiveness keeps the heart light, so I'm not sweating the situation.
Edit: apologies Spy fam - "got problems?" would have been a more appropriate thread for this mess.

Hope they take care of you, good luck[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

First full go around for the year at the home course today. We had a ton of rain over the weekend, and the course had been closed since Sunday, I think. Most of the fairways were as long as the rough and pretty wet. Everything was all carry.

- 45/47 = 92 (+20)
- 3/15 FIR
- 3/18 GIR
- 34 Putts (2 3-putts, 13 2-putts, 2 1-putts, 1 chip-in)
- 2:45 Round Time (Love being the first off...)

I'm starting to hit better shots, but right now everything is either pretty good or just awful as I work through the swing changes from my lessons. It's one thing to put them in place on a range, but on the course it's a whole different ballgame.

I still really struggled mightily today getting off the tee for the first 15 holes. And unfortunately it really carried over to some shots from the fairway where I had my fair share of clanked tops and even a few dead shanks. Ugh. Looking back on the ShotScope data and it's pretty ugly.

Putted really well on the front nine, not as good on the back. Chipping was pretty good all around again. So there are some bright spots. And on the last three holes my driver started to wake up a little, finally registering a 245-yard carry on No. 16. 

Hoping to play a few times over the long weekend, and hoping more swings continue to work the kinks out.

• Like 8

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 8.5 / Anti-Cap: 14.4 (Last Updated Sept. 19, 2021)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Max LS (9°), 45.75", Dumina AutoFlex SF505X | Unofficial AutoFlex Review
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5
5-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (5-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX | Build Thread
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX | #CobraConnect Review
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos | #CobraConnect Review
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8 | Unofficial Review

WITB? | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

15 hours ago, downlowkey said:

I asked the same question and they are allegedly "looking into it".

The short story: they contracted with a glitchy third-party app to automate their tee sheet.

After being encouraged to call-in for tee times instead, I have discovered some shop staff apparently suffer from similar glitches.

Re: waitlist - if anything opens up for a single, I supposedly have first dibs (on 12 minute slots, we are 100% booked every day right now).

Forgiveness keeps the heart light, so I'm not sweating the situation.

Edit: apologies Spy fam - "got problems?" would have been a more appropriate thread for this mess.

My tracks are also 100% “booked”, but I just cruise out and ask to get on the waiting list- half hour is the longest wait I’ve had. There always somebody who doesn’t show up... but I’ve also hear the stories of the guy that’s waited 3 hours and still doesn’t get on...  crazy times

• Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Played last weekend for the first time in a while due to Covid. Played a new course for me (Paradise Valley Golf Course in Fairfield, CA). Met up with a friend and planned to make it a fun day. We walked with push carts so we strapped a cooler to them filled with beer and headed out. Started opening the beer around the 3rd hole and kept them flowing. Shot 2 over on the front. By the time we hit the back nine, I had also thrown in a decent sized cocktail AND my friend's shoes were giving him blisters so he started to go barefoot. To keep our game fair, I took my shoes off too. With the golf layoff, drinks, and shoes added up I think I shot 12 over on the back nine alone 😬 opps...Now I see why I normally don't drink while I play (yeah I know Im boring)... 

Will be playing again this weekend, but might leave the beer at home and see how it goes...

• Like 5
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Spent all of the morning replanting stuff around the house, along with other landscaping projects then went out and playing 18 with my wife. Damn she's really picked up her game - she ended up with a 99. In the past month she's dropped her handicap 4 1/2 strokes.

I started out rough and my game didn't pickup til the end of the front 9 = 47. Some much for playing golf after a bunch of outdoor projects. I did better on the back - ending up with a 43. Darn so close to breaking 90 again.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Where do you see the last few strokes to break 90 coming from? How many putts are you averaging per round?

• Like 4

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

Twitter: @GolfSpy_CS

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G400 LST 8.5* with HZRDUS SMOKE 6.5 70g 

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter: 681811256_Odysseylogo.png.499799aea6663befa411c8db1d859702.png Stroke Lab Ten S 33"

Ball:  :taylormade-small: 2019 TP5X

Managed to sneak in 9 yesterday. Started out by hooking a driver nearly into the opposite fairway bunker, realized I dropped my laser either during my last round or on the way to the tee box, hit an A gap wedge to 12 feet and sunk the birdie putt. From there it was somewhat smooth sailing although I did have 3 3 putts in a row, but two were from horrendous angles and one was 100 feet. 

Last hole I caught a pitching wedge somewhat thin and hit the backstop hill... where it stayed. Left with a 45 footer down the hill I managed to hit it 44.94 feet. Stopping about an inch short of the birdie. Tapped in for 42 which is solid enough for me. Feel like my game is leaps and bounds better than last year at this time, although I'm not sure how much of a season we will have based on weather.

• Like 8

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

I looked at the tee sheet for Saturday and Sunday at da club...I'm not playing until Wednesday. Everything is booked until about 2.30 both days.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

7 hours ago, ChasingScratch said:

Where do you see the last few strokes to break 90 coming from? How many putts are you averaging per round?

I didn't putt as well on the front - total putts for the 18 = 35. However strokes lost were in the first three holes - which are the easiest  par 4s. Two doubles and a single ruined my score. By the time I got to #4 things were working a bit better and I got a par there. 

• Like 6

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Played a nice Executive course today with my Grandparents as their first time out for the year. Just nine holes but it was very relaxed we played rather quickly for a 3-some. I played well at +4 with only 3 “bad” shots. Two of which can be attributed to me not paying attention.
All in all I would say I had a good round and ball striking with the new swing changes is really starting the click!

Hope Everyone is getting out and Staying Safe!

• Like 7