What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

I currently use The Grint and connect it to my watch. It has absolutely changed the game for me, but also has me wanting to learn more about other golf apps and/or watches are out there. 

Driver:  image.png.e6704436d0738e350c36dc1ce0753eba.png G425 Max

3w: image.png.8c80dd2d8412050473d733ae63143a54.png G425 Max

Irons:  image.png.df4c4edcd7f6540ac2633c86951943cc.png G430

Putter:  image.png.e24ecf5c5006f69baa2e4de3d7a93fbe.png Spider X

Arccos at the moment due to being on a free trial. It’s giving insightful feedback and the app’s pretty intuitive. 

Consistently inconsistent golfer

Shotscope V3

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

Golf Logix has been good for me for the last 10 years.  The yardages are accurate and all the courses are available.  I also like their shot tracking system  although they need to add where shots to the green are missed,  like they do for the putts.   GolfLogix price annual price increases are  starting to be reflected by their popularity.  The  GHIN ap is  less affordable option for the same features.  GHIN is also more less when purchasing the green views and putting views. 

Enjoy all the test results for clubs and balls

I used Arcoss for the whole year of 2023.  It was good but I didn’t like the extra weight of the sensors on my clubs and length. Yes you can feel the difference. I am trying Golfpad now….but struggling with the tracking on the Apple Watch…not as easy as Arcoss was. 

Stoney

I’ve used Golfshot and 18Birdies previously. Both were pretty good for distances to front center and back of the green. Where they fall short is the club data and averages. Even with the paid versions I didn’t feel like they were very good and didn’t provide the stats I was looking for to improve my game. 

Bought a new driver 2 years ago and got free Arccos sensors. I’ve subscribed ever since. The distances, accuracy, and ease of use are fantastic. I love the post round stats and ability to compare to a target handicap. It’s very easy to see where my most likely miss is and what hurt me each round giving me specifics to practice. The only downside of Arccos is the hefty subscription price. Interested in shot scope to forgo the sub price. 

I use Arrcos and it has opened my eyes to approach play especially. 

10 hdcp. Cobra Aerojet driver, srixon hybrids, Mizuno irons, Cleveland wedges and Yes putter.

As someone that has used 18 birdies for years I always like the idea of being able to look at my watch track my stroke and get distance at once. People complain they aren't accurate, then my buddy pulls out his range finder and can't steady the pin so he hits the tree behind and I'm playing wrong yardages still. I like the feel play of the game this just takes a bit of guessing out of it though but still let's me play to my feel.

A.Sjoberg 

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Are tags for a system to track your shots a must for you?

I’m slightly old school, paper/pencil for me to track stats.  Someone gave me a set of these a while back and using them and tracking stats on a spreadsheet over time has helped identify weaknesses in certain areas.

IMG_4843.jpeg.e4bd90a26d6ab69d135347ece1d61c6c.jpeg

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

Are tags for a system to track your shots a must for you?

Edited by TJ Hall

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I've used Arcoss off and on for 7 years, garmin g80 for 3 years and 18 Birdies for the past 2 years with my golf group.

Edited by BeenWild

I use my Garmin Fenix̌ 6X Pro. It helps track shots however, that's about it. The garmin is accurate with yardage compared to range finder. I have not used their swing tracking devices

Chris poepping

Professional ski Instructor, trainer and coach

I used the first generation of Arccos but they were terribly inconsistent so stopped. 

Used Swing U much of last season which had, for me, a fairly steep learning curve, but provided very interesting SG data that showed I was better at some things (e.g., sand shots) but much worse at others (e.g., approach shots) than I thought -- very useful but the app is still complicated for me to use correctly and consistently.

Just received a new Shot Scope V5 and one of the sensors promptly broke (head twisted off leaving post embedded in the grip).  Waiting for a replacement but still trying to remove the post.  Will see how it goes.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

I use the Roundabout (previously V1 game) app on Apple Watch and iPhone.  Been pretty good.  Using the strokes gained I have come in 2 strokes.  When combined with Decade app I have come in 4-5 strokes. 
very easy app to use and quick to edit afterwards.  

WITB

titleist TS2 9.75 degree 

callaway flash 3 metal

mizuno jpx 900 5 metal

Ping g20 3 & 4 hybrids

mizuno jpx 900 tour 5-pw

ping glide 4.0 52, 58

cleveland frontline 8.0

Have been using the Garmin S62 with club sensors for two years and am mostly happy with it. The only issue for me is tracking putts. The sensor is a bit too touchy and you have to pay real close attention to how you hold your putter as you walk around the green to size up the putt, the break, the grain etc. so as not to get false positive readings. Way more to think about when you should only focus on your upcoming putt. No sensor in my putters anymore.

The shot tracking data from the S62 and pushed into the Garmin Golf App is decent and pretty helpful with understanding strengths and weaknesses. Just wish I was able to track the proximity to the hole on the greens.

Driver: Epic Speed Driver - 10.5°, Mitsubishi MMT 70 Graphite, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Fairway: MAVRIK 4-Wood - 16.5°, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 70 Graphite, 6.0, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Hybrid: MAVRIK Pro 3 Hybrid - 20°, KBS 70/80 HYB Graphite, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Irons: Srixon Z-585 forged 4-6 iron, Z-785 7-AW Modus3 Tour105, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC grips

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe, 58° & 54° TT Dynamic Gold Spinner, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grips

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft V, Super Stroke Pistol GT 1.0 grip

Ball: Titleist Pro VIx or Chrome Soft LX Triple track

League: Mission City Golf Association (https://www.missioncitygolf.org)

MCGA_Logo12_trnspbkgd_200X200_96dpi.jpg

I recently got the ShotScope H4 due to the fact no subscription required to use it and not batteries to die in the sensors. I've only used it for a couple of rounds learning it as our course opens for the season this Friday. What I've seen so far I really like.

Full set of Ping G430 clubs, Tommy Armour Impact 3 putter average 29 putts per round.

I read Jon Sherman’s The Four Foundations of Golf, and he recommended the Grint app. I began using it shortly thereafter. 

I have found it helpful in a number of ways. First, it is a helpful GPS app that shows me distances to trouble and/or greens. Second, it can track shots (although it is not automatic and requires a bit more effort/time, especially if you want to log every shot), so it helps with calculating actual distances your clubs hit in a live round of golf. Third, it is a scorekeeper that also tracks stats such as fairways hit, penalty strokes, putts, GIRs, and other things. It also calculates (and can register) your handicap. Ive found some of the analysis it gives particularly helpful in showing me that I’m a 12 handicap who takes penalty strokes like a 14 and putts like a 13, so if I want to shave strokes off my handicap, those would be the most likely places to start. 

I’ve also enjoyed the social aspect of it, because I can see when my dad or friends play golf, and i can link with them when we play together. 

I would, however, really like to try something like Arccos or Shot Scope to get a more in-depth analysis as well as automatic shot tracking for every shot. I think that information would be very helpful. That’s probably my next step. 

Driver - PXG 0311 Gen 6 10.5 w/ Motore X F3 Stiff Shaft

Fairway - PXG 2021 0211 3 Wood Head on 5 Wood Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S Shafts

Hybrid - Callaway Mavrik Pro 4H w/ KBS 80S shaft

Irons - (5-GW) Wilson D9 Forged w/ DG 105 S300

Wedges - 54.12 Vokey Black; 60.08 Vokey Raw

Putter - TM Spider GT w/ slant neck

I'm a Garmin user! (I have the Fenix 7 Solar) Garmin IS GPS, so distances are spot on. It tracks all of my shots. I don't have the sensors, but the watch asks which club you used after each shot, so that's nice and simple. I love going back through the round later and looking at all of the shots on the hole maps. It gives me all of the stats like fairways hits, GIR, and strokes gained. Personally, I like the caddy features that suggests which club to use. I also use it for mountain biking, hiking, and walking. It has LOTS of features and NO monthly fees! Oh, and battery life? 18 days per charge.

Has it helped my golf game? Yes, some. It has helped me identify things that I need to work on. It has definitely helped with knowing how far I actually hit my clubs. For me it's edutainment. Educational as well as entertaining. I love maps and data, so it gives me all of that. 

One more thing to note- all of this stuff works even if you don't have a data connection. 

Edited by VernL4

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

I’m using GolfShot. It also tracks my swing and other metrics.

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD 9* Driver- Steadfast S Jupiter 45” shaft

Ping 425-6 Dot Newton tipped 45" shaft

TaylorMade 11.5* Mini Driver-Steadfast S 45” shaft 

Hybrids: PXG 0317 17*, 19* Steadfast S Jupiter shafts, PXG 211 22*, 25*-Project X Even Flow Riptide X shafts

Irons: New Level 6-PW 902PD 6.5 ProjectX IO shafts

Wedges: PXG 311 Gen 3 52-56 Xstiff KBS TourLite shafts

Putter: TaylorMade Truss Heal

PXG Bat Attack

Ping Anser

Ball: OnCore VeroX 

Titleist Pro V1X

Callaway Chrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63748-bridgestone-mindset-golf-ball-testing-sampling-and-shot-scope-ops/?do=findComment&comment=1046248

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Shotscope X5. - I had  bought a new one that I had trouble getting to work properly it was just a bit wonky so I returned it. Later on I decided to give it another try and bought another, I took the time to really learn how to use it and now it works near perfectly every time.  I switched away from Arccos due to yearly fees and  18 birdies due to the shot scope watch being such an easy and convenient platform.

golf and flyfishing hoping to hike the appalachian trail one day

I started out with an old version of Skycaddie which was good for showing hole layouts and yardages, but wanted to find a way the get club tracking as well.

So I bought a unit that attaches to your belt with RFID tags you put on every club. When you're ready to hit a shot, you just tap the belt unit with the tagged butt of the club.

Seem simple enough but I'd forget to tap the unit most of the time. I even tried to put ribbons on the ends on my clubs where the tag is inserted to remind me , but

even that didn't work. So when Arrcos came along , I thought finally a solution.  But unfortunately it didn't pick up a significant number of shots no matter how I tried to position my phone.

Not to mention that after 2-3 years the batteries were dying and couldn't be replaced.  So along came along Shotscope 2 with a watch that gave you yardages and RFID tags on the clubs.

The watch was a little bulky but got the job done, with practically no missed shots. I later upgraded to the smaller V3 and have been quite happy.   The app that goes with it is pretty good also.

Everything is pretty easy to use. 

The V5 looks even better. SO maybe in the near future I'll get one and review it here.

Pete

In my      :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:

Driver:    :ping-small: G425 LST, set to 9.0, graphite stiff-flex,  Tour S 65 

3W:          Taylormade Jetspeed Stiff Flex

2H:           Taylormade Jetspeed Regular Flex  ( yeah I know got it on sale and love it as is)

3H:           Taylormade RBZ stiff flex

Irons:        Tatlormade RBZ steel stiff flex

Wedges:  :ping-small: GMax, Yellow Dot, CVS 70 graphite, PW, UW & SW, Ping Glide Dyla-Wedge (white color code)

Putter:     Odessey 

Ball:       Titlest ProV1x

Shoes:   :footjoy-small: