Testers Wanted: Precision Pro Titan Elite Rangefinder ×

Best Golf Socks

45 minutes ago, Bwalcks said:

What are the best socks for golf out there?  Currently wear Bombas and love them, just curious if there are others folks like. 

I just wear socks;  any brand.   But here is a buyers guide on golf socks:

https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/all/the-best-golf-socks/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I got advertised on social media for "Golf Socks" (clever title), and I took advantage of a coupon code, and took a shot and ordered 6 pairs, and have to say, they're AWESOME.  There are little rubber nubs on the bottom of the sock that seem to really promote stability, and I find that the socks don't ride down my ankles at ALL (something that drives me insane for most socks), so my Achilles isn't exposed for the back of my golf shoe to rub mid-round.  They're not cheap, but they're VERY well made, and so far I'm really digging them.  (link to the six-pack bundle below)

https://thegolfsock.com/products/6-pack?variant=46756973248743&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&srsltid=AfmBOopY_X_N9m8trxxf-aREpJO6reOFR7dulxTvxC7GRK3b0a_l4GyLQXU&com_cvv=8fb3d522dc163aeadb66e08cd7450cbbdddc64c6cf2e8891f6d48747c6d56d2c 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

I’ve been wearing Kentwool exclusively for more than 10 years; ankle length with shorts and crews with pants.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I have some Footjoy ProDry socks that I love!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

11 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I got advertised on social media for "Golf Socks" (clever title), and I took advantage of a coupon code, and took a shot and ordered 6 pairs, and have to say, they're AWESOME.  There are little rubber nubs on the bottom of the sock that seem to really promote stability, and I find that the socks don't ride down my ankles at ALL (something that drives me insane for most socks), so my Achilles isn't exposed for the back of my golf shoe to rub mid-round.  They're not cheap, but they're VERY well made, and so far I'm really digging them.  (link to the six-pack bundle below)

https://thegolfsock.com/products/6-pack?variant=46756973248743&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&srsltid=AfmBOopY_X_N9m8trxxf-aREpJO6reOFR7dulxTvxC7GRK3b0a_l4GyLQXU&com_cvv=8fb3d522dc163aeadb66e08cd7450cbbdddc64c6cf2e8891f6d48747c6d56d2c 

How long have you had them, and how many washes have they gone through? 

they look fantastic, but I worry about the durability of the rubber nibs..

Driver: :callaway-small: AI Smoke MaxD w/ Mitsubishi Diamana GT 40R

3w: Callaway Edge

5w: Stealth2 HD

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 Hot Metal HL w/Accra IS 50i

Wedges: :ping-small: s59 w/Accra is 60i

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3

6 minutes ago, fezzerino said:

How long have you had them, and how many washes have they gone through? 

they look fantastic, but I worry about the durability of the rubber nibs..

2 months, wearing them for 5 rounds so far, but also as an every day athletic sock, so (guesstimate here) 8 washes? So far holding up incredibly well. 

After buying them, I found out the guys who make them are the sons of the guy who owns/runs Galway Bay - seems like the quality has rubbed off. Super impressed with them so far. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Darntough cool running socks have always worked well for me.

Marino wool does well to avoid blisters and stink.  Plus you get lifetime warranty.

• Ryan
  • Seattle 
  • 7 handicap 
  • +120 swing speed 
  • Too many 3 putts

I learned of Feetures a few months ago.  I bough the Elite LC (less cushion) and the Elite MC (more cushion).  So far, I have played 4-5 rounds in each.  They are wonderful.  The toe line is higher up the sock so you never feel it.  The rear of the sock comes up slightly above the back of the shoe and never sinks down.  Net result is you do not have to adjust your socks during the round. Lots and lots of colors and patterns.  The have a lifetime guarantee.  As I read it, you can send them in anytime if they somehow fail and get a new pair free.  Best socks for golf or tennis shoes I have ever worn.  However, until now, I have always just bought a bundle of socks from Costco.   

WITB:  

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 Project X 6.0 55G

PXG 3W 16 degree set to 15 or 5W 18 Riptide CB 5.5 60G

PXG 19 and 22 degree hybrids MMT 70R

PXG 5-W Gen 4 ST irons Recoil Dart 75 F3

PXG 50, 54 MMT 70R and 60 MMT 60A SD wedges

Black Jack putter Stability Tour 

5 hours ago, JFS2 said:

I learned of Feetures a few months ago.  I bough the Elite LC (less cushion) and the Elite MC (more cushion).  So far, I have played 4-5 rounds in each.  They are wonderful.  The toe line is higher up the sock so you never feel it.  The rear of the sock comes up slightly above the back of the shoe and never sinks down.  Net result is you do not have to adjust your socks during the round. Lots and lots of colors and patterns.  The have a lifetime guarantee.  As I read it, you can send them in anytime if they somehow fail and get a new pair free.  Best socks for golf or tennis shoes I have ever worn.  However, until now, I have always just bought a bundle of socks from Costco.   

I saw these yesterday and agree they look fantastic!

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

Posted (edited)

I have all three brands - FJ ProDry and Bombas are decent socks, but (cushioned) Balega’s are definitely better IME.    

https://www.balega.com

Edited by Middler
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)
18 hours ago, PNW1896 said:

Darntough cool running socks have always worked well for me.

Marino wool does well to avoid blisters and stink.  Plus you get lifetime warranty.

Welcome to the forums @PNW1896.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

After wearing calf high OD Green wool socks for 20+ years any short white sock feels good when I golf. Quarter cut is my favorite length.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Posted (edited)

I use Bomba's and Foot Joys for golf.

Agreed with @Dweed related to wearing calf high wool socks while working, much prefer the lower socks for golf or other outdoor activities.

Edited by rkj427

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to "Unboxing & Set-Up" post

2 hours ago, Dweed said:

After wearing calf high OD Green wool socks for 20+ years any short white sock feels good when I golf. Quarter cut is my favorite length.

I feel your pain… now if Darn Tough made golf socks I might be sold. And broke. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

22 hours ago, BreakfastBall15 said:

I feel your pain… now if Darn Tough made golf socks I might be sold. And broke. 

Darn Tough does have some socks which I have used in the past that qualify for golf.

Can find them on Amazon.

DT1.jpg

dt2.jpg

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7.5

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to "Unboxing & Set-Up" post

1 hour ago, rkj427 said:

Darn Tough does have some socks which I have used in the past that qualify for golf.

Can find them on Amazon.

DT1.jpg

dt2.jpg

IMG_2834.jpeg.79cbae41284084ae97d8a59b8dad7f3a.jpeg

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

Honestly my Bombas are my favorites. I have some FootJoy's too and they're comfortable but the elastic wears out pretty quickly. 

WITB: 

D - TaylorMade SIM2

5W - PXG 0341

3HY - Callaway Apex

4-P - Titleist 718 AP3

48, 54, 60 - Vokey SM9

P - PXG Gunboat II

Last year I discovered Pacas made from llama wool. Soft, cushioned, wick moisture and very comfortable earning my new go to sock.

I tried Bombas but they shrunk like crazy do, gone

Honestly I have been using the FootJoy ProDry for a while and have tried the Bombas and both do a great job as socks go.
But recently, because of my wife (she has been wearing these for a while) I have swapped tom toe socks - it was a little odd at first, but I really like wearing them playing golf.

It is hard to quantify, but I feel more stable as my toes are able to spread just a bit more than with conventional socks - again this may all be in my head, unlike anything else in golf.

i think for the price you can get them on Amazon it would be worth a shot - plus they have all different brands and I may choose something later, but these so far have held up quite nicely since April and I either play or am at the range every day or close to it 

Screenshot2024-05-22at10_15_57AM.png.38c0d7116b87da6c5bc088a46d7d9554.png

Driver 1:  :taylormade-small: Stealth 12 degree - Ventus Red 5-S 

Driver 2: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60G Stiff (tipped to 44.5inch)

3 Wood 2: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Fujikura Pro 65-S (higher ball flight)

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Black 6-S

9 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Red 5-R

Irons: :cobra-small: King Tour 2023 - Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff - 6-9 - Fitted 

Wedges: :titleist-small: SM9 - 45-10F, 48-10F

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 6 - 52-Mid/10, 58-Mid/10

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S - Fitted 

Balls :odin: - X1

On 5/20/2024 at 1:58 AM, JFS2 said:

... I picked up a pair of Bomba's with my Dicks coupon but they are so short the tongue of my show rubs against my ankle just walking in my house. The back just barely covers my heel and I have a feeling on the course that margin for error could cause some rubbing there too. I looked tat the Feetures thanks to this post and then looked up others opinions and ordered 12 pair with the 20% off sale going on now. 

... I have been wearing the thick Thorlo's since high school but as comfortable as they are, they don't do well in the summers here when 108*-115* and above is the normal temps for 3 months. They are just not wicking enough, if at all. So with the guarantee from Feetures I took a chance. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

30 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I picked up a pair of Bomba's with my Dicks coupon but they are so short the tongue of my show rubs against my ankle just walking in my house. The back just barely covers my heel and I have a feeling on the course that margin for error could cause some rubbing there too. I looked tat the Feetures thanks to this post and then looked up others opinions and ordered 12 pair with the 20% off sale going on now. 

... I have been wearing the thick Thorlo's since high school but as comfortable as they are, they don't do well in the summers here when 108*-115* and above is the normal temps for 3 months. They are just not wicking enough, if at all. So with the guarantee from Feetures I took a chance. 

I had the same issue with the Bombas - but I think it's (for me, anyway) pretty much any sock that's a "no-show" - it's so low that it tends to drive me insane.  The tongue hitting the front of my ankle and the back of the shoe rubbing against my Achilles drives me up a wall.

I've noticed that any cotton sock, as good as it might feel, wears out REALLY quickly in the balls of my feet, especially as I tend to walk a majority of my rounds.  I'm hoping the Golf Socks hold up better than the Adidas socks I'd purchased recently that have completely worn through. 

Let us know what you think of the Feetures when you get them - specifically curious about the longevity (which, obviously, won't be your first impression 😉 )

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I had the same issue with the Bombas - but I think it's (for me, anyway) pretty much any sock that's a "no-show" - it's so low that it tends to drive me insane.  The tongue hitting the front of my ankle and the back of the shoe rubbing against my Achilles drives me up a wall.

I've noticed that any cotton sock, as good as it might feel, wears out REALLY quickly in the balls of my feet, especially as I tend to walk a majority of my rounds.  I'm hoping the Golf Socks hold up better than the Adidas socks I'd purchased recently that have completely worn through. 

Let us know what you think of the Feetures when you get them - specifically curious about the longevity (which, obviously, won't be your first impression 😉 )

... The Thorlo no show socks are higher than most and have "some show" so they just cover my ankle front and heel. But as I said not a good sock in the intense heat. I'll let you know about the Feetures when they arrive. I bought 6 no show and 6 quarter ankle in case the no show is too short.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x 

27 minutes ago, chisag said:

... The Thorlo no show socks are higher than most and have "some show" so they just cover my ankle front and heel. But as I said not a good sock in the intense heat. I'll let you know about the Feetures when they arrive. I bought 6 no show and 6 quarter ankle in case the no show is too short.  

IMO, the Feetures are the best socks for golf, hands-down. They also have a couple of models that are made specifically for people who suffer from Plantar Fasciitis, which is a great bonus if you are one of those people.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!