Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Thieves (kids) are dumber these days

altf4maniac

So walked out to my car this morning and noticed right when I opened my door that I have been robbed. Now normally when this happens there are a range of emotions one person goes through. At first I was like s*** you have got to be kidding me. The second was to survey the area and see how it even happened. It looks like the egg is on my face as I must of forgotten to lock my car door. I'm in a nice neighborhood and normally didn't think this would be a big issue. Apparently I put too much trust into my world.

So after looking through my truck and seeing what they took I looked straight to my golf clubs. Usually I leave those in the truck once the weather gets nicer so i can be ready on last minutes notice. Well to my fortune (dismay, new clubs never hurt) they left everything in its place. Of course though they went through every pocket.

Looking at my inventory it seems they did not take anything. They even left my $150 sun glasses sitting in the seat. They left everything that would net them money and took two items that are going to be worthless to them. They took a pocket knife I keep and then my GOLF gps watch. Garmin approach s1 to be exact. Im guessing that they saw the digital watch and figured it would get them some nice money. The funny part is that the charger was setting next to it and they didnt even take it. So some kid is running around with a dead garmin gps watch and no way to charge it.

Another thing that frustrates me and this could be me just being a vet. But I have vet tags on my truck and army books in my truck. So when going through my s*** wouldnt it pop in your head hey this guy has gone through some s*** lets not take anything. But i guess that is just my thinking.

Ok this is a really long post and sorry for that just had to type something out. Also I was curious if anyone has a line on Garmin approach S1 watch that I could purchase from them.

Another thing that frustrates me and this could be me just being a vet. But I have vet tags on my truck and army books in my truck. So when going through my s*** wouldnt it pop in your head hey this guy has gone through some s*** lets not take anything. But i guess that is just my thinking.

If they're enough of a piece of sh!t that they are going to steal from someone, I don't think they care about anyones status.

Not too long ago, I read a story about three guys that broke into a house to steal guns and one of them got shot. Really? You are going into a house to steal guns........thats means the person that lives there HAS guns........there's a high probability that you're going to get shot. Criminals are dumb.

I appreciate your service to this country though.

Sorry to hear this. The same thing happend to me a few years back I left my truck unlocked and they took a bottle of whiskey and some sun glasses that I had bought from a guy who said they "fell of the back of a truck' so I think karma got me on those but it was a nice bottle of whiskey Midleton Very Rare Irish whiskey. They probaley mixed it with coke or something... What a waste.

Again sorry to here about your misfortune.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Oh man the story about taking the prescription glasses and getting shot just pretty much tops it off. I consider my self lucky that they didnt try to break in the house but such is life. A watch is only material after all.

Now time to take the frustration out to course :P. Good golfing to everyone.

Wow, sorry to hear that. It's a bad feeling to know someone who had no business touching anything was going through your stuff even if they didn't take anything. They don't belong there to begin with.

I have a Golf Buddy Voice GPS. You might want to check into those or one like it before replacing the watch. My wife got it for me and I'm surprised how much I like it. I don't like wearing a watch myself. I clip this onto the visor of my hat. I reach up and push a button and hear the distance to front, middle or back of green. It's easy to mark your position to measure a shot. But it's all personal preference one way or the other. I was looking at the Garmin watches until my wife got me the Golf Buddy. Turns out I like it better than I would have liked the watch. The other thing I like, and I'm not sure if the Garmin is the same way or not, is that you just turn it on at the course. It figures out where you are and locates that course, and tells you to proceed to the tee box. You don't have to pick the course you're on from a list.

Hope you're back on track soon.

This has not happened in years, and I guess that people do not even have CD's anymore, but I had my truck broken into once and the looked through the CD's and did not take any of them.:lol: They did get all my change.

I bring in my golf clubs every time.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Don't have a line on an S1, but the S3's are on sale at Kingdom59 for $299, which IMO is a good deal since they retail at $400 or so.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Rook that just sucks. As a fellow vet myself thanks for your service. Thugs today have no respect or appreciation for anyone or anything other than themselves. It just always seems that things happen to hard working honest people like yourself. I know it is not nescerraly the moneytary value but the principal of the thing

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Rook that just sucks. As a fellow vet myself thanks for your service. Thugs today have no respect or appreciation for anyone or anything other than themselves. It just always seems that things happen to hard working honest people like yourself. I know it is not nescerraly the moneytary value but the principal of the thing

Wasn't me, just offering up suggestions on where to purchase a replacement at a good deal. I hate thieves and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one but if every one of them was ran over on their way leaving their scenes

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Wasn't me, just offering up suggestions on where to purchase a replacement at a good deal. I hate thieves and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one but if every one of them was ran over on their way leaving their scenes

[/quote Sorry about that that is what I get for messing with this thing with no glasses on. I do agree with you on the punishment though. You know in some countries though they cut the hands off on theives when they catch them that would be a great deterrant

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived